PDA

View Full Version : SOLD:MR2 MK1 SUPER EDITION 1.5

Alan SE
9th February 2010, 08:34 PM
This is a rare opportunity to purchase a very special car. This is Steve Kingsnorths Super Edition MR2 Mk1 T Bar with a 2 litre turbo conversion and LSD for sale. Possibly only 1 of 4 known in this country but this is the only one that has the 2 litre turbo engine producing 230+ bhp. 1988 F registered. Steve has been the sole owner since being imported to the UK in 2002. Midnight Blue with mirrored T bar roof panels, electric retracting wing mirrors, Momo steering wheel. It has the brake light in rear spoiler and the original Super Edition, written on the roof spoiler. 15” five spoke alloy wheels with Goodyear F1 tyres at the front and wider Toyo Proxes on the rear. The original supercharged engine has been replaced with a Mk2 2.0 Litre turbo engine complete with custom made Powerflow stainless steel 3” twin pipe exhaust and Grainger valve, this adjusts the boost on turbo, all fitted by Paul Woods. The car has covered 98km but the turbo engine has only done 54km. Tax and MOT until July 2010.

The interior is clean and tidy. There are no dents in the bodywork and no rust but the car is not perfect, the paintwork on the rear bumper has faded. Also the T Bar seals leak. The only other point to mention is the speedometer isn't working. This car is awesome and very, very fast. The car is located in Chadwell Heath near Romford Essex on A12. approx 5 miles from M25 J28. £3000 ono

This has been posted on behalf of Steve Kingsnorth. If you have any questions please post them below and Steve will reply.

or call Steve Direct on 07956 537135 anytime.

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz23/alan-SE/Battlesbrige010.jpg
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz23/alan-SE/DSCN1170.jpg
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz23/alan-SE/DSCN1182.jpg
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz23/alan-SE/DSCN1183.jpg
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz23/alan-SE/Battlesbrige005.jpg

tommundy
9th February 2010, 09:11 PM
Good luck with the sale Steve. :+:

A good price to get yourself into a special car with stunning performance.

Has the suspension been uprated and polybushed? How about bigger brakes?

Cheers,
Tom

BennyTheW
9th February 2010, 11:01 PM
Have you tried putting this on TwoBrutal.com, couldnt find it on there...

They'll bite your hand off...! :+:

scoobyblue
10th February 2010, 04:04 PM
would he be interested in a swap for a subaru impreza, its valued slightly more but hey, i would snap his up if i had the cash :+:

fowl
10th February 2010, 06:16 PM
Good luck with the sale Steve. :+:

A good price to get yourself into a special car with stunning performance.

Has the suspension been uprated and polybushed? How about bigger brakes?

Cheers,
Tom
Hi Tom, it has uprated suspension all adjustable and i am not 100% certain but think the SC SE came with slightly bigger breaks and they seem to cope well with the extra power. Done very few miles since it was imported,max of 10k, as it has always been garaged and only really came out for shows.Meant to say it's also a 1989 model, not 88.

Cheers
Steve

fowl
10th February 2010, 06:19 PM
would he be interested in a swap for a subaru impreza, its valued slightly more but hey, i would snap his up if i had the cash :+:
Sorry can't swap as i can't afford 2 cars at the moment, all my money has gone into buying my Honda S2000 :)

fowl
10th February 2010, 06:24 PM
Have you tried putting this on TwoBrutal.com, couldnt find it on there...

They'll bite your hand off...! :+:
I would like to get it on TwoBrutal but haven't the comp knowledge, thats why Alan is advertising it for me.
I was on Two Brutal when i first had the work done but not sure how to get back on there now :(
I did tell Paul Woods, who did the work for me that it was up for sale but nothing came of it!

fowl
10th February 2010, 10:21 PM
Also to mention it has tbar bags used once plus covers never been used and still in the box, i bought them all from another club member brand new, after the car was imported. The plates will probably be taken off as i have been offered good money for them and was thinking of putting them on my Honda but if you like the FOWL come OWL i will leave them with it.

Kateg28
11th February 2010, 09:09 AM
I want this car sooo much.

But I don't want to get rid of mine (got attached to it) and, if I am honest, only have about £12.30.

scoobyblue
11th February 2010, 10:49 AM

But I don't want to get rid of mine (got attached to it) and, if I am honest, only have about £12.30.
me too :mrgreen: :mrgreen: , i wonder how much it would cost to get a similar conversion done , i am really impressed with that engine bay :+:

tommundy
11th February 2010, 11:12 AM

me too :mrgreen: :mrgreen: , i wonder how much it would cost to get a similar conversion done , i am really impressed with that engine bay :+:
The engine conversion alone would cost more than Steve is selling his car for so it's a real bargain!

fowl
11th February 2010, 08:01 PM

The engine conversion alone would cost more than Steve is selling his car for so it's a real bargain!
Tom, sounds as though you are selling it for me!! i agree with you, as i would! the car all in all has cost me a fair bit but i would like someone who is still in the club and is interested in showing my car to continue to do so! It has given me many years of enjoyment at shows and a few runs out! but i have now decided i want to get another thrill in another car.
Time to move on i say!

OlberJ
12th February 2010, 10:52 PM
That's a cracker. Rare to see them looked after this much post conversion. It's a credit to you sir.

fowl
13th February 2010, 09:53 AM
That's a cracker. Rare to see them looked after this much post conversion. It's a credit to you sir.
Thank's, kept the car as near to standard externally as possible, except for the wheels.
Could have had chunks cut out for the intercooler but didn't want to go down that road!
The only other thing is that that is not the exhaust on it anymore, it now has the Powerflow exhaust twin pipe, that came with the Mk2 turbo donar car, i think it looks better as it doesn't have that huge Fujitsubo backbox anymore :D
Any chance you could put a link on it to TwoBrutal for me, let them know about it :)

charged
16th February 2010, 09:44 AM
Sad times Steve, I thought this one would be a keeper for you :shock:

One thing not mentioned (that I could see) is the afterburner style rear lights..

Steve, I'd be very interested in these for my 1.5, I know your are not breaking the car but I dont know if there is some way we could work out a deal? I could swap for my SC rear lights?

Probably too complicated to work out but it would be nice.

Good luck with the sale

Ollie

Manxmk1a
16th February 2010, 07:36 PM
do you still have the fujisubo exhaust ? im interested in it for mine :) :)

fowl
18th February 2010, 07:02 PM
Sad times Steve, I thought this one would be a keeper for you :shock:

One thing not mentioned (that I could see) is the afterburner style rear lights..

Steve, I'd be very interested in these for my 1.5, I know your are not breaking the car but I dont know if there is some way we could work out a deal? I could swap for my SC rear lights?

Probably too complicated to work out but it would be nice.

Good luck with the sale

Ollie
Sorry Ollie car is going as a whole, sad days and i never thought i would be getting rid of her!
But the Honda is such a nice car to drive and gives me what i want at the moment :D
I will still be keeping in touch with all my Mk1 friends :D

fowl
18th February 2010, 07:04 PM
do you still have the fujisubo exhaust ? im interested in it for mine :) :)
Fujitsubo exhaust got changed during conversion and Paul Woods had it, not sure if he passed it on.

evolution75
2nd March 2010, 05:08 PM
Hi, can you tell me is this car still available or has it been sold?

fowl
2nd March 2010, 06:06 PM
Just a quick update, if all goes well which i can't see why it won't, My Mr2 should be going this weekend coming, It will be a sad day as i have had many years of enjoyment from it and i'm sure i will shead a few tears when it does go :cry:
I will put a post up on the forum saying goodbye but i know i will keep in contact with many of you.
Hopefully my Honda S2000 will keep me as happy for as many as i have been with the MR2 :D
Steve (FOWL)

fowl
2nd March 2010, 07:58 PM
Hi, can you tell me is this car still available or has it been sold?
If it isn't i will let you know but should be this weekend coming :D but sad too!!

Moustachio
3rd March 2010, 12:13 PM
Alan, (Darren here, I phoned you about the car a couple of weeks ago)... I am still interested if it falls through on the weekend.

fowl
8th March 2010, 05:13 PM
My lovely 1.5 has been sold, i'm sure the bloke who bought it knew he had a bargain, little bit embarassing that the battery died, that Clifford alarm must take a load of power, started perfect the previous weekend :oops: Must be one of the longest sales in the history of mankind 3 and a half hours it took but hopefully he will be as happy with it as i have been over the years :)