PDA

View Full Version : Blue Mk1b 1989 T-bar Newcastle SOLD!

Scott_mk1
29th January 2010, 05:05 PM
Unfortunately, after a year and a half of fun (minus the few recent snowy weeks) I am reluctantly selling my Mr2 Mk1b. My main reason for selling is due to lack of funds to be able to bring this car back to the originality it deserves. I would love to be able to sell this to someone intent on restoring the bodywork and making it perfect again! The car is in Newcastle and anyone is welcome to come and view and have a good look around it. Ok, so here come all the deets...

It has been my daily drive and only car since I bought it and has never let me down.
MOT due end of May, passing last Mays MOT with only a couple of minor tyre advisories.
TAX due end of Feb.
112,723 miles as it stands, and I will still be using it as a daily drive but hardly any miles will be added.
Lots of history with this car, lots and lots of MOT's, receipts and even some Auto Trader cuttings from second hand sales!
Receipts read new clutch in 2005, major welding work on o/s floor and inner wing in 2007.
Also, original owners manual with all books plus MR2 workshop manual.

Car info...

GOOD STUFF
Mechanically, the car is absolutely sound. Starts first time every time, drives lovely and handles great. It had a new starter motor put in last summer and a new standard back box fitted just last week. Spark plugs were changed at the same time. Oil and filter changed in October and standard air filter was replaced with K&N High Flow filter.

The alloy wheels are standard original 14" teardrop which are in pretty good condition for the age of them, few scuffs here and there but nothing you wouldn't expect from alloys on a 21 year old car!

I haven't been underneath the car too much but from what I can see it looks in very good nick. As I said before, the previous owner (A gentleman from York, don't know if he was a member?) had major repairs done.

Interior - The car has full leather interior and is all in pretty much original condition. When I bought it a year and a half ago, it had cloth seats which had replaced the original (i presume nackered) leather ones. I managed to stumble across a pair of leather ones in decent condition from a scrapped MR2 which I paid £90 for just before Christmas.

If anyone else is like me, it is important to have your music whilst driving. The original sound system was pretty dire, so I made a few simple upgrades which make the system sound great and is in now way over the top. Fitted a black JVC cd/radio which fits lovely in the car and looks the part. I replaced the standard front speakers with Zero ones, and fitted the same pair into the centre console compartment inbetween the backs of the seats, which are subtle. I also got a slimline Pioneer powered sub fitted behind the passenger seat (£165) which doesn't compromise any space and still allows you to store the t bar glass and wallets behind the seats in the summer. There is a subwoofer gain and frequency controller on top of the dash. All of this is included in the sale.

OK, now the BAD STUFF :(

The entire reason I'm having to sell the car, as you guessed, the bodywork. Pictures to follow, which will show you where the worst points are. Again, potential buyers are more than welcome to come and have a look around the car. One rear arch will probably need replacing and some welding work done on the rear bodywork. The front wings I think have been painted badly before I bought it and some spots of rust starting to show, again all of this will be in the pictures. There are a few more spots here and there to be sorted. The drivers door has a dent in it because someone was kind enough to put through the drivers door window on New Years Day (annoying!) but the widow has been replaced and profesionally fitted.

OK, so pics to follow....I'm asking for £750, basically because the car is so mechanically sound. This would make a perfect buy for someone who knows how to weld or wants to see another MR2 back in its original state. I would love the buyer to stay in touch and let me know how it goes.

Sorry about the massive description, just thought it would be easy to get as much as possible out there so you know what you're getting!

Scott_mk1
29th January 2010, 05:28 PM
http://s964.photobucket.com/albums/ae125/Scott_mk1/

Just follow this link to my photobucket account, all the pictures are on there, Thanks.

Scott_mk1
31st January 2010, 06:57 PM
If anyone thinks that maybe this is overpriced then I am open to sensible offers. Just need rid soon!

laam999
31st January 2010, 08:37 PM
How much welding is needed? £700 is pretty out of my price range, I could probs offer like £300, I don't mean to insult you with that but that's literally all I have right now.

Scott_mk1
31st January 2010, 11:21 PM
I cant afford to take 300 as i need money from this sale to cover a new car. The car is mechanically sound and is taxed and mot'd so i feel its worth at least 700. Thanks anyway for your reply.

laam999
1st February 2010, 03:25 PM
I didn't think you would be happy with £300 but that's litterally all I have right now. Good luck with the sale and if for some reason you change your mind let me know ^_^

Liam

Scott_mk1
3rd February 2010, 11:52 PM
Now reduced to £650 for a quick sale. Still open to sensible offers.

Scott_mk1
4th February 2010, 02:54 PM
OK the car is now on ebay after not alot of interest with a very reasonable reserve on it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1989-TOYOTA-MR2-B ... 45f0db8ef1 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1989-TOYOTA-MR2-BLUE_W0QQitemZ300393664241QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutom obiles_UK?hash=item45f0db8ef1)