PDA

View Full Version : AW11 sold for parts/repairs (pics added)

NDR008
15th January 2010, 06:18 AM
With much regret, my mr2 is for sale... as parts or for repairs :(

Basically someone crashed into it and drove off last Wednesday in the early hours of the morning as it snowed. Thing is, MOT and TAX due end of the month, and I am too busy with my final year to do much about it. Also in July I start my new job at DENSO in Germany.

The damage from the accident is: front bumper has a split, wing is bent, and the front left pop up light is twisted. It is purely outer body that has twisted, thanks to the snow, the mr2 was slid on the snow mostly. Suspension geometry has not been hit.

The body is solid, however the rear arches are a joke and need re-doing or filling.
But no leaks, etc. But I suspect, this car should be bought for its parts:

I'll list what I recently repaired or replaced.
2 month old battery - still under waranty
1 month old rear brake pads
5 month old front brake pads
6 month old Excedy organic clutch + pressure plate + trust bearing
Rebuilt distributor with new seals and bearings
5 month old distributor + point + seal
front OEM strut brace (spotless)
1 month old new electric window winding gear (in left door)
Lotus Elise backbox with 2-2.5" piping (that took its time to be fitted - 6.5hrs work) with the same pipes used on Jaguars and Range Rovers.
8 month old Magnecor leads
8 month old DENSO Iridium Power plugs
5 month old CAM cover seals
Uprated all polybushes (except ARB)
The rear strut bolts are camber type (I've come across non camber type - so thought I'd let you know)
5 month old thermostat + new rubber gasket
...I am sure there is more...

The mechanics of this car are so so spot on... it is the only reason I kept restoring it. Also the fact that I was getting to do all this at work when I was on placement on our ramp with the help of our R&D technicians. So it was being treated wayyyyyyy better than what even a Toyota dealership could hope to offer.

I am discussing breaking it with someone, but I definitely don't have the space for it myself, and not sure on the time.
As I said MOT and TAX soon out, so the car needs to be driven away now. So any serious offers considered. If not ebay or scrap as time gets less and my dissertation is hunting down on me...

http://picasaweb.google.com/nadir.syedsammut/MR2#

Thanks. ;)

p.s. I got the skirts and external trim, but they are up in Coventry at my mate's while the car is in Bristol, I do not need them, so obviously, whoever buys the car gets everything.

NDR008
16th January 2010, 11:37 PM
Guess ebay then....

Ben
17th January 2010, 04:20 AM
It takes a bit of patience to sell these - especially so soon after Christmas. I spent three weeks answering PMs, email and phonecalls that never seemed to lead anywhere, and then the first person to actually come and see my car bought it on the spot :+:

NDR008
17th January 2010, 05:52 PM
My issue is that I can drive it till the end of this month then it will have to be SORN and towed....

oukie
17th January 2010, 06:07 PM
Perhaps it would also help if you said what you would like for the whole car etc

NDR008
17th January 2010, 07:31 PM
Well.. I'll consider any offer... hence why no value placed. I listed the ups and downs honestly, so an honest offer next...

crazylegs
18th January 2010, 07:53 AM
send me a picture to crazylegskev@msn.com
i may be interested.

xazemx
19th January 2010, 12:54 AM
hi is this gone? or is this still available for parts...?

NDR008
19th January 2010, 11:22 AM
It is still here.
Crazy: Gona take the photos today

To all: So far, I have not found a place to break it, so being sold as is for someone to salvage from it or repair it.

NDR008
20th January 2010, 01:16 PM
Here are some pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/nadir.syedsammut/MR2#

oukie
20th January 2010, 01:28 PM
TBH I think I would stick it on ebay, You have done a lot of the hard work someone might be more interested in the car to repair it,

If I was to buy it I would break it, TBH not because its easyer than fixing but cause its worth more in parts thats why.

Which is a shame

Chris.

NDR008
20th January 2010, 01:33 PM
Yeah I might just put it on ebay, but as you say, I am posting it here, mostly for it to be sold as parts, because the welding costs I put in, will never be recovered unless repaired.

However the bits it has will easily make more money then I can sell the whole thing as. I really wish I could break it myself, I could do with the extra money, but I got no garage and this final year at uni is just killing me... good old litres of coffee and max. 4hrs sleep per night lol.

NDR008
21st January 2010, 01:48 PM
Now on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1989-TOYOTA-AW11- ... 35a689a284 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1989-TOYOTA-AW11-MR2-mk1-1-6L-4AGE-parts-breaking_W0QQitemZ230427304580QQcmdZViewItemQQptZA utomobiles_UK?hash=item35a689a284)