PDA

View Full Version : MRK1 Gathering 13th June 2010 Mosney Ireland

MR2MK1
12th January 2010, 06:18 PM
Hi Folks
The North East Vintage Car Club(Ireland) Annual Show at Mosney will be held on Sunday 13th of June and we are looking for as many Mk1 'S to attend as possible .Anyone who is interested can contact myself Alpha13,scoobyblue or rockinhorse.or we can start a list on the forum Also anyone who is interested in going on the 12th and doing an overnight in a local hotel let me know and i will see what i can find out.If we get enough people we hope to have our own area in the show.So lets see how many cars we can get from both North and South or further afield everyone is welcome.
Colin :+: :clap: :clap:

alpha13
13th January 2010, 11:32 PM
ok. if we can get an idea of definate numbers of cars going as soon as possible, i can have a chat with seamus the organiser and see about our own area, rather than being put in with other groups like the toyota club or that.. think it will help us to get more awareness for the cars and the club if we can have them together and away from the toyota club... just an opinion.
so i for one am definate for mosney with bumblebee
who else we got??????
cheers

corkcorolla
13th January 2010, 11:38 PM
I'm 99.9% certain to be there in the MR2.

Touch wood i'll be there anyway in some sort of Toyota but i'd love to have the MR2 there,park up with the rest of ye.

alpha13
27th January 2010, 09:08 AM
ok guys... if you are interested in going to mosney with a mk1, olease let me know... i still dont have any idea of numbers and as such, cant really get on to seamus to see about organising our own area, if it is possible..
so can whoever is planning on going can you respond on here again... even if you have already commented before..
thanks guys

MR2MK1
27th January 2010, 05:24 PM
OK Mark I think we should start a list just to try and assess interest if nothing else
Everyone who is going list your name below

Colin - MR2MK1 :+:

scoobyblue
27th January 2010, 05:26 PM
OK Mark I think we should start a list just to try and assess interest if nothing else

pat(scoobyblue)

alpha13
27th January 2010, 06:51 PM
mark (alpha13)

MR2MK1
27th January 2010, 10:05 PM

pat(scoobyblue)
mark (alpha13)

scoobyblue
28th January 2010, 12:47 PM
just to tidy it up a bit!
Colin - MR2MK1
pat(scoobyblue)
mark (alpha13)
tim
corkcorrolla

baldy1
28th January 2010, 01:53 PM
count me in for possibly 2 cars, one for sure and i may persuade a family member to drive my other one. :crazy:

scoobyblue
28th January 2010, 02:12 PM
count me in for possibly 2 cars, one for sure and i may persuade a family member to drive my other one. :crazy:
are both cars mk1 mr2?

MR2MK1
28th January 2010, 10:47 PM

No problem just add your name to the list trying to get as many MK1s as possible :+:

alpha13
28th January 2010, 10:54 PM
ok! is that a definate 8 cars then at least???? if so i can start to work with that with seamus the organiser of the mosney event... please respond asap!!
thanks guys!!!

scoobyblue
28th January 2010, 11:01 PM
its 5 on the list mark , i was waiting for baldy1 to confirm if he meant 2 x mk1mr2's and i noticed that ronnie hasnt added his name yet that would make the 8 if those are confirmed , has anyone heard from rockinhorse? :think:

MR2MK1
28th January 2010, 11:09 PM
Not heard from Ronnie in a while but i think he is a definate .
Mark think you should at least call the guy and get some sort of feeling for what we need to do about getting our own patch especially now that we are getting the media from the club.
Colin :+:

scoobyblue
28th January 2010, 11:20 PM
Not heard from Ronnie in a while but i think he is a definate .
Mark think you should at least call the guy and get some sort of feeling for what we need to do about getting our own patch especially now that we are getting the media from the club.
it would be great if you could call him mark , get the lowdown on what is exactly involved, fees etc :+:

alpha13
28th January 2010, 11:40 PM
ok. leave it with me... i will try and get in touch with him over the weekend and find out what the story is...

MR2MK1
29th January 2010, 06:35 AM
Hi guys do you think it would be worth while contacting some of our the local toyota dealerships / autopart suppliers to see if they would want to advertise with us /sponsor us on the day
Just a thought :wave: :)
Colin

corkcorolla
29th January 2010, 07:31 PM
I'll defiently be there. :+:

I wont know til nearer the date if I can drag another few with me.

alpha13
1st February 2010, 07:11 PM
ok guys. i have spoken to seamus about getting our own patch for the mk1's.
there is no problem with it whatsoever. we have till mid april, end of it at the latest to let him know the situation, how many cars etc etc, i told him i would let him know and get all the entries and send them in together to make it easier to process, and as such it will also mean we will have continuous numbers which will look better for us as a club to others :) :)
so mid april is the deadline for mosney for those who want to be together as one club of mk1's
cheers.
mark :+: :+:

rockinhorse
2nd February 2010, 07:49 PM
just to tidy it up a bit!
Colin - MR2MK1
pat(scoobyblue)
mark (alpha13)
tim
corkcorrolla
Ronnie (rockinhorse)

MR2MK1
2nd February 2010, 07:59 PM
looks good to me :wave: :+:

scoobyblue
9th February 2010, 06:18 PM
Colin - MR2MK1
pat(scoobyblue)
mark (alpha13)
tim
corkcorrolla
ronnie(rockinhorse)
liam(baldy1)

old petrolhead
10th February 2010, 03:22 PM
How many day`s is the show please? Stuart Goodacre our Magazine Editor & myself are considering sharing my car to split the cost & to show support from the club to you guys.

Richard :wave: :+: :D

scoobyblue
10th February 2010, 03:58 PM
How many day`s is the show please? Stuart Goodacre our Magazine Editor & myself are considering sharing my car to split the cost & to show support from the club to you guys.

Richard :wave: :+: :D
hi rich, can you pm alpha13 on this one , he is organising things for that :+:

corkcorolla
10th February 2010, 05:30 PM
Its only a single day show,just Sunday 13th of June.

old petrolhead
10th February 2010, 08:12 PM
Its only a single day show,just Sunday 13th of June.
Thanks a lot. I will talk to Stuart at the weekend & get back to you. Cheers Richard :+:

alpha13
10th March 2010, 11:44 AM
ok guys.. april is nearly here... still waiting on the application forms for mosney.. need final numbers before april to give them so we can get our own stand area.. when i get5 the forms i will send them on...
cheers all..
mark

MR2MK1
10th March 2010, 05:55 PM
ok guys.. april is nearly here... still waiting on the application forms for mosney.. need final numbers before april to give them so we can get our own stand area.. when i get5 the forms i will send them on...
cheers all..
mark

Put me down, think we should start a list as last time :+: :clap:

alpha13
11th March 2010, 09:03 AM
agreed.
(1) MR2MK1
(2) alpha13
(3)REDTC1

add for mosney if you are definately going..
thanks guys.
mark

REDTC1
11th March 2010, 07:13 PM
cheers all..
mark

Put me down, think we should start a list as last time :+: :clap:
mark put me down should be a good day. :+:

scoobyblue
12th March 2010, 12:10 PM
(1) MR2MK1
(2) alpha13
(3)REDTC1
(4) scoobyblue

MR2MK1
12th March 2010, 01:52 PM
Hey do we have a new guy on the block REDTC1 :wave: :+: welcome to our humble club your more than welcome were are you on this island .

Colin

REDTC1
12th March 2010, 09:43 PM
Hey do we have a new guy on the block REDTC1 :wave: :+: welcome to our humble club your more than welcome were are you on this island .

Colin
Hi Colin not new just got my user name sorted, was 2471mr209, thanks for the welcome
in anyway.sorry for the :? Tim :+:

alpha13
15th March 2010, 08:57 AM
right... i was on to seamus over the weekend.. they still dont have the application forms done yet... i gave him my e mail address and asked him to send me an application as soon as he has them done, so i can send them on to you that want to go. he reckons it will be another few weeks...
so if you are interested in going to mosney, i would ask you to make sure you have your e mail address with pat on mr2mk1ireland@gmail.com so i can send the application on to you as soon as i get it.
thanks.
mark

rockinhorse
19th March 2010, 08:42 AM
(1) MR2MK1
(2) alpha13
(3)REDTC1
(4) scoobyblue
(5) Rockinhorse

MR2MK1
30th March 2010, 08:47 PM
Mark
The application forms are now available to download from the nevcc web site along with all the details for the day .What way do you want to work this?will we all download the forms fill them in then forward them onto you with payment this way you could enter them as a club rather than us sending individual ones in or if anyone who is going on Sunday to Beaulieu they could give you thier forms with the payment. ,Let me know what your thoughts are on this.
http://www.nevcc.net

alpha13
31st March 2010, 09:18 AM
thanks for the mail last night colin.
i attached a copy of the form to an email and sent it to all those in the contacts list on the mr2mk1ireland@gmail.com address.
i will bring a few paper copies with me on sunday for those that want to fill them out then, as for the rest the easiest way is to fill out the application form on the computer or fill it out scan it and then email them back to me. then i can print them out and send them in as one lot, makes it easier for us and for the organisers of the event which should work to our advantage too.
as for payment i am not sure what the best way to arrange that is yet... i can get it off those on sunday that are going... the problem is that one the application goes in with the money there will be no refund to whoever decides they cant make it so suggestions are welcome inregards a solution to this... dont imagine it will be a problem.
mark

MR2MK1
31st March 2010, 04:24 PM
Good one Mark i will give you mine on Sunday and i have ten copies printed for Sunday to give out so if you think that will be enough dont bother printing anymore.

alpha13
31st March 2010, 06:34 PM
good man colin :) :) should be more than enough... i will bring along more of the buisness cards with me..

scoobyblue
31st March 2010, 10:21 PM
unfortunately i am going to have to withdraw my name from the mosney show as after our easter sunday meet i will be selling humphrey. if needed i will do an article on the meet for the magazine, but due to personal reasons i will be selling the car and will advertise it very soon on the site, failing a sale there it will be on the open market but i will point the new owner towards this club as it has been an invaluable help in learning about the car. i would also like to thank all the members for their unselfish advice and friendliness over the past few months and wish everyone success and happy motoring. i will be passing the flags and banners that richard kindly sent to us in ireland for the mosney show to mark or ronnie or colin who will hopefully carry on the lao duties . they practically do it themselves anyway and judging by their enthusiasm and dedication , they will do the club proud. as i said i will post the car up for sale in the near future with more detail and pics and hopefully it will stay in the club :+:

alpha13
1st April 2010, 07:50 AM
:( :( :( :( :( sorry to hear that pat :( :( :(
please god it wont come to that *fingers crossed*

Monkeymax
1st April 2010, 09:07 AM
:( Really sorry to read that you're selling it Pat. You've contributed a fair bit to the club too so I hope you stick around at least for the social side!?

alpha13
1st April 2010, 12:06 PM
i second monkeymax's thoughts, and sure the rest agree too pat!!!

MR2MK1
1st April 2010, 04:16 PM
Yes i agree totally and I had this conversation with Pat yesterday when he told me about his intention to sell the car. We all value your input Pat and definitely don't. want to loose you as you are a very valued member of our club here in Ireland. I think i can speak for everyone and say we would all like you to stay with us in some form or other even if it is just to have your say and advice on any matters that may arise. :clap:

scoobyblue
1st April 2010, 10:13 PM
thanks to all for the kind sentiments and if and when things improve i will certainly be on the look out for another mk1 and of course register with the club again, i will see you all on the 4th and chat then :+: , for anyone interested in meeting up earlier colin has arranged to meet at b&q carpark at 10.30am where there is a sale on in silicone for tbar owners :lol: :+:

rockinhorse
2nd April 2010, 10:15 AM
dont think your gettin away that easy pat...we know where you live..lol.. see you on sunday for a yarn..hopefully i wont need to drive down in my wellies and u boat hat.. :shock:

MR2MK1
2nd April 2010, 11:09 AM
Might need to bring your own silicone as i think all the stores are shut on Sunday :lol: As long as i have my plastic seat cover i will be happy :lol: Hopefully the weather will be kind to us .I got the car taxed yesterday and had it out for its first run last to find i had bad sterring shake at around 60mph not good so went this morning to get it checked out as i thought the wheels were out of balance .It turned out one of the tyres had a flat spot on it so put 2 new ones on the front and got them balanced so problem cured would not have wanted to do the drive on Sunday the way it was.Also the car is going in for a full respray end of next week so hopefully will be looking well for Mosney.Toyed with the idea of doing it a wild colour :lol: but just going to keep it the origional Mica blue pearl.Catch you all on Sunday

scoobyblue
3rd April 2010, 06:18 PM
this is just to confirm that i have now given beaulieu house the final figures of 7 cars and 13 people
ronnie
mark+1
colin+1
myself+1
tim+1
colm+1
2 guests of colins , sorry guys , i didnt get your names yet but i will sort that out tomorrow
for those interested colin has arranged to meet at b&q carpark in newry for 10.30-11.00am for a bit of a chinwag and then we will all meet at beaulieu house for no later than 1pm. i think the soup/sandwiches/tea/coffeeetc are at 1pm , then the tour after that which should see us all finished up by 2.30pm at the latest. hopefully the weather will be kind to us and i will see you all tomorrow :+:

alpha13
12th April 2010, 08:17 AM
ok guys!!!! april is fast approaching the end... those that are going to mosney, i need the application forms filled out and sent back to me ASAP. i need them in by the end of the month at the latest.... i have 4 to date, including my own... email them to mr2mk1ireland@gmail.com for attn of mark..
thanks

alpha13
19th April 2010, 03:04 PM
ok! update on mosney so far...
i have only 4 entries including my own for mosney!!! need to know who is going, and i need to know sooner rather than later..
so come guys, look at your calenders and let me know please so i can try and organise an area for us!!!!
cheers

MR2MK1
19th April 2010, 09:04 PM
Mark
Can you list who we have received entries from then i will try and contact all who said they were going to attend

alpha13
27th April 2010, 10:03 AM
last call for entries for mosney for a club stand for us!!!! so far there is 5 cars!!!
need to know by this weekend!!!!
come on guys!

scoobyblue
5th May 2010, 02:25 PM
last call for entries for mosney for a club stand for us!!!! so far there is 5 cars!!!
need to know by this weekend!!!!
come on guys!
i apologise guys for not b eing in touch recently but as mark and colin know i have my reasons. i must say that after chatting to everyone at beaulieu house , you all would have been raring to go for mosney. i would like to hope that the enthusiasm shown over the last few months has not died out . it is after all in all mk1 mr2 owners and members in ireland 's own interest to make these events a success. mosney is the perfect showcase for these great cars and a brilliant opportunity for increasing awareness of both the car and the club. the greater the membership ,the greater the knowledge base and after all it is not the kind of car people buy as either just a mode of transport or an investment . you need to be dedicated to the concept of the car and it's good points as well as the bad points . i just wish i could be more active at the moment but hopefully will rejoin the fold soon . as for the moment any members over here should get in touch with mark or colin and give a reply to them either yes or no for mosney, it is no good deciding not to go and then sticking your head in the sand until it all dies down. the success of these events depends solely on the participation of the members not just sitting at a keyboard throwing questions at the forum. basically i am saying that we have all benefitted from the clubs forums with free technical advice and readily available parts so, IT IS TIME TO GIVE A LITTLE BIT BACK BY PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENTS KINDLY ORGANISED BY COLIN, MARK , RONNIE AND THE OTHER ACTIVE MEMBERS OVER HERE!
just to end this particular rant i am sure that any members from across the water would be made very welcome and it would be an ideal weekend break for anyone on the mainland :+:

rockinhorse
5th May 2010, 02:56 PM
made the short trip to shanes castle on mayday and of course made b line to small classic display... :clap: behold a mark 1 n/a white over grey. interviewed, briefed, counselled and passed on as much points about mark1 club bennefits as possible.. even filled him in on how much banter and p... taking he can look forward to :angel: .. give him my cotact no. regards goin to mosney.. but sadly like many others will have to wait on some sort of reply if any...still think being forced at spearpoint is the only way to encourage some owners .. :? maybe just hookin on da auld tow rope trick is best.. :+: one can only try.. seen a few red cars in local town lately but always goin in wrong direction.. why is that.. :problem:

scoobyblue
5th May 2010, 07:38 PM
maybe they turned and went the other way when they saw you coming ronnie :lol:

MR2MK1
5th May 2010, 10:08 PM
Hi Pat
Great to hear from you and thanks for the encouraging words of support for Mosney but as you say the only way we are going to make a success of or runs and events is by the attendace of as many members as possible and sadly as ronnie has pointed out i think it would take some kind of explosive device to move some people.Well all we can do is try try try.
Anyway i will be at both Mosney and Ballymena regardless and have my entry submitted for both so anyone else who intends to go get your entrys in as the price for Ballymena goes up after 20th of may currently £8 for car driver and 1 passenger so not an expensive day out.
So come on guys get your entrys in and enjoy your cars

Colin :+: :wave:

alpha13
6th May 2010, 08:04 AM
good to hear from you pat :) :)
there is 6 for mosney. we will just have to make the look of our stand.. if we get one, as good as possible and make the other owners take notice of us.. then we should get more interest. hopefully.
keep in touch pat :) :)

scoobyblue
6th May 2010, 02:31 PM
good to hear from you pat :) :)
there is 6 for mosney. we will just have to make the look of our stand.. if we get one, as good as possible and make the other owners take notice of us.. then we should get more interest. hopefully.
keep in touch pat :) :)
will do as much as possible .i think things may be on the upturn and i may be able to avoid selling humphrey. in the meantime i would appeal to every member over here to make the effort to make mosney and proove to everyone that the mk1 mr2 is the classic car to own, after all, the more interest in the car there is will help improve values and availability of parts. Be proactive and make this thing work, the turnout for beaulieu house was brilliant and it woould be a shame to take a step backwards at this stage!ONWARDS AND UPWARDS :+:

MR2MK1
6th May 2010, 04:12 PM
Hi Guys
Just got an email from our chairman Richard to say he will be attending the Ballymena show on the 26th .He will arrive on the 25th for 2 nights .
More details to follow

alpha13
6th May 2010, 04:45 PM
hopefully that will be the case pat and you dont have to get rid of the car :) :) heres hoping :+: :+:

rockinhorse
6th May 2010, 07:30 PM
dearest colin, :angel: i will be keeping you company at ballymena but you may be asked to change the odd dirty nappy and bottle feed a 7 month old but hey thats another bonus of running around with us modest owners in our classics.....i will be handing out as many club cards in the beer tent as possible...or until the wife finds me.. :lol: take note mark mosney is just around the corner ... :P :lol: good to see young pat still tapping on the keyboard and some mighty speaks as well..by the way have prepared a super edition junior.. and will take its place on the dash ..usual spot.. :+: such idol hands .. :oops:

MR2MK1
6th May 2010, 09:57 PM
Ronnie i changed my first nappy nearly 20 years ago and finished about 10 years ago so sorry out of practice but will bring along some air frshners just in case of accidents :lol:
Anyway get your entry in as they go up in price towards the end of may you can do it online at there web site.Robin says he will be there as well so thats 5 to date and if Pat is able to attend with the car as we all hope he does we have 6 ,might get a club pitch yet ,i think i will give them a call and see if i can wangle something as far as the numbers go

alpha13
7th May 2010, 08:31 AM
just do what i did colin. use the we are only beginning and at the early stage of setting up the club.
thats what i said for mosney... hopefully it works and we get our own patch for it.. time will tell. :)

MR2MK1
7th May 2010, 09:16 AM
sounds good will keep you posted
Colin

MR2MK1
14th May 2010, 09:55 PM
Ok guys just wanted to share with you how the car is coming on for Mosney so heres the latest pics Scarey :lol:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/05/Image012-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/05/Image015-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/05/Image017-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/05/Image018-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/05/photo-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/05/photo202-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/05/photo203-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/05/photo204-1.jpg

Might be in Mosney with only Primer :+:

scoobyblue
14th May 2010, 10:26 PM
:think: could be a whole new trend you are setting there colin, are you still going with the electric pink? :lol:

MR2MK1
14th May 2010, 10:41 PM
Now Pat you promised not to reveal the colour on me :+:

Colin

scoobyblue
14th May 2010, 10:45 PM
:oops: :oops:

rockinhorse
15th May 2010, 07:51 AM
poor wee car stripped down to the bare nakedness and put on the web for all to see no shame.. tut tut..seriously colin nows the time.... electric pink.. neon green...metallic purple.. royal blue.. how big are the **** you know you will get our full support and upmost of raking no matter what .. thats what friends are for...

MR2MK1
15th May 2010, 08:55 AM
Guys only time will tell :D

alpha13
17th May 2010, 09:13 AM
:lol: well just dont go yellow :lol: this island aint big enough for 2 :lol: :lol: :lol: :)
have you got a model of the car yet colin???

MR2MK1
17th May 2010, 03:56 PM
As i said time will tell :lol: No model yet might steel Ronnies when he is out polishing the car at Mosney :lol:

alpha13
17th May 2010, 04:37 PM
well i have one that has to be built and painted. i will give it to you at mosney. :)
provided you dont go yellow and black :lol: :lol: :lol: always a catch LOL :)

MR2MK1
17th May 2010, 04:40 PM
OK NOT YELLOW AND BLACK :lol: :+:

alpha13
17th May 2010, 10:06 PM
bribery always works!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MR2MK1
19th May 2010, 07:36 PM
Every time :lol: :lol: :lol: :+:

PDtuning
20th May 2010, 06:07 PM
Just got my MK1 running today, after having fit a set of ARP head bolts.

Still missing a few plastic interior trim to finish it off.

MR2MK1
20th May 2010, 07:14 PM
Good to hear of another MK1 on the road .Dont forget your welcome to attend any of our events/ runs :clap:

rockinhorse
21st May 2010, 09:26 AM
just turn up at the shows ..we will have a man equiped with lassoo to rope you once you drive in and steer you to the club stand...were so helpful that way.. :lol: :lol: maybe need your own folding seat..but tea and sarnies are for the taking just get colin and mark talkin and facing the other way.. :angel:

alpha13
21st May 2010, 10:19 AM
that wont work ronnie :lol: you forget the eyes in the back of the head LMAO :) :) :lol: :lol:

MR2MK1
22nd May 2010, 04:51 PM
Ok guys a few more pictures of how the car is coming on :D

IMG]http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss275/mk1mr2/photo204.jpg[/IMG]
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss275/mk1mr2/photo204.jpg
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss275/mk1mr2/photo203.jpg
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss275/mk1mr2/photo.jpg
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss275/mk1mr2/18.jpg
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss275/mk1mr2/17.jpg
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss275/mk1mr2/13.jpg
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss275/mk1mr2/11.jpg
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss275/mk1mr2/14.jpg
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss275/mk1mr2/10.jpg
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss275/mk1mr2/16.jpg
:+:

alpha13
23rd May 2010, 10:54 PM
you going black colin???? looks cool... not many black ones around and they look the biz!!!

MR2MK1
23rd May 2010, 11:00 PM
Mark
It is Mica Blue Pearl but as you say it looks black in the pics wanted to stay with the original Toyota colour :+:
By the way myself robin and maybe ronnie are coming down on the 12th for the show have booked into city north hotel do you know it? they told me it is only a couple of minutes from Mosney

MR2MK1
26th May 2010, 12:29 PM
Ok guys jusy over 2 weeks now to Mosney, as you are all aware this is our first show as a club and i am really looking forward to it and hope you are as well. :clap:
The guys on the mainland are sending me a club gazeebo over and it is due to be picked up on the 28th of this month and i think they are also sending another flag so we will have plenty of club media on display to promote ourselves.The other thing i was thinking about was food for the day ,i was thinking of picking up a couple of disposible barbecues and bringing them down.Ronnie looks as if he he is a good cook :lol: Well all suggestions welcome .Mark what do we need to do about getting in ,are we going to meet up first ?as i mentioned in an earlier post a few of us hope to head down on the 12th but we can talk about that later.
By the way it is still not to late to enter so anyone out there is welcome to join us :D

alpha13
26th May 2010, 04:00 PM
well first off... as part of the entries you get 2 tickets for free coffee/tea and a sandwich for each entry aswell as your entry prize thing...
as for getting in.. i reckon it is easier if we all meet up before hand and head in together.. makes things easier to manage for us,them and we look more profesional and better organised.. and who knows maybe other mk1 owners that would be there might come up to us early and go on our stand...
i plan to get some pictures printed from the 3 previous runs and put on a board or something, sort of like a timeline of our events... and take some in mosney so we can have the board at ballymena with mosney pics too.... what do you think colin????

KMK11
26th May 2010, 07:17 PM
Hey Colin,

have just seen your car pics now...looks impressive! Engine bay is pretty clean, have you refurbed the tvis & cam covers?

She'll look awesome after a few coats of wax...mica blue t-bars are 8-) 8-) 8-)

MR2MK1
26th May 2010, 08:14 PM
Hi KMK11
Thanks for the kind words and yes the Tvis and cam covers have been refurbed
The car is nearly ready for the road again with most of the trims re fitted and new wheels and tyres hope to have it completed for weekend /early next week so will post some pics of finished article soon hopefully
Cheers

KMK11
27th May 2010, 05:14 PM
Sounds great!

Yes please for the more pics...lets be honest, we all love a few good car pics :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark :+:

alpha13
31st May 2010, 04:05 PM
less than 2 weeks till mosney....
we should all meet up in the car park in the north city hotel just off the m50 beside mosney before we go there,and arrive together!!!
some of you will be there already i know.
mark

MR2MK1
31st May 2010, 04:50 PM
Yes Mark Good idea ,what time do you think would be good to meet up ,as you said myself and Robin will be coming down on Saturday and staying in the hotel (City North) so any time will suit .

MR2MK1
8th June 2010, 09:24 PM
Guys I have received the gazebo from the club but am having a problem getting it to Mosney as the frame will not fit in the boot .I talked to Richard (old petrol head )and he says they but it in the passenger seat to transport it but Roberta will be with me so anyone any ideas. :+:

Colin

PDtuning
9th June 2010, 12:20 PM
Sorry guys, cant make it :o

Cant get anyone to cover for me in the firebrigade :cry:

Pete

alpha13
9th June 2010, 12:50 PM
thats a pity pete...hopefully next time :+:
who is travelling with robin colin???
also what is the plan for sunday.... didnt you say ronnie is brining the barbie???
if so who is bringing what with them for it and what will i get???
got some buns and sauces, will get more goodies at the weekend... ?????
mark

rockinhorse
9th June 2010, 02:53 PM
i have already got a couple of disposable barbques can bring some baps, sauces, cheese,garnish, etc so if you have any particular choices bring them along and i will gladly fry them to a crisp...lol.. well depends on weather ..fingers crossed..may be best to book monday off in case anyone becomes "pot bound".. :lol: :oops: :shifty:

MR2MK1
9th June 2010, 04:41 PM
Sounds good Guys
I will get the sausages and the burgers you guys look afer the baps etc
any special requests? :D

Mark robin will have his wife with him

alpha13
9th June 2010, 10:53 PM
ok... guess we will just have to do without the gazebo for mosney then :( ah well.

MR2MK1
10th June 2010, 05:36 AM
Mark
Still working on that one :+:

MR2MK1
11th June 2010, 11:09 AM
:clap: Gazebo will !!! be at Mosney :clap:

So Mark im getting it there you can buid it :lol:

alpha13
11th June 2010, 09:19 PM
:lol: no... WE can build it LOL team effort :lol: :lol:
will be handy having it :) :)

MR2MK1
12th June 2010, 10:50 AM
Ok Guys myself Roberta and Robin will be leaving for Mosney around 12:30 today and are staying in the City North Hotel so if any of you are about call round for a BEV or 2 or 3 :lol: :lol: if not will catch you all in the morning around 9.15 in the hotel car park .The forcast looks promising so will keep my fingers crossed for a good day as i am sure it will be

REDTC1
13th June 2010, 06:43 PM
Hi Guys hope all got home safely, thanks for a great day :clap:

MR2MK1
13th June 2010, 07:12 PM
Tim was good to see you again and got home this time on my own 4 wheels and not the back of thee AA wagon :lol:
And thanks to Mark for organising today for us and everyone who turned up, without you guys we would have no club :clap: if we have as good a day in Ballymena i will be well pleased :+:
Will get some pics up asap.
Colin

alpha13
13th June 2010, 07:45 PM
:+: :+:
OK FIRST OFF! I WANT TO SAY THANKS TO ALL YOU GUYS FOR TURNING UP AND HELPING TO MAKE THE MR2MK1 CLUB IN IRELAND VERY MUCH A REALITY.
THANKS ALL :)
i have to say we had a really good day today, and we definately made sure people know there is a lot of people interested in the mk1's and that also we are organised,friendly and easily approached for advice,help whatever... between today and ballymena..i can only see us getting stronger and better, which naturally is better for the mk1, and for us as enthusiasts...
cheers all.. and as colin would say "ONWARDS AND UPWARDS" both figuratively and literally... less than 2 weeks till ballymena... i think there is still the chance to enter for those interested and haven't yet.. but not long! so contact colin(MR2MK1) ASAP!!!
thanks again all! :+: :+: :+:

MR2MK1
13th June 2010, 08:44 PM
Ok guys heres the pics

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/100_2225-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/100_2224-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/100_2226-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/100_2277-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/100_2229-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/100_2228-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/100_2227-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/100_2272-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/100_2232-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/100_2285-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/100_2233-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/100_2231-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/100_2236-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/100_2288-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/100_2262-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/100_2284-1.jpg
Master chef
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/100_2276-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/100_2273-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/100_2275-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/100_2286-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/100_2289-1.jpg

rockinhorse
15th June 2010, 09:23 AM
must agree guys very enjoyable day for all and we done ourselves the world of good with our first proper club stand, anyone who approached us seemed to take a great interest in our goings on..the fact they were offered celebrity chef burgers and hot dogs was only a minor factor.. i would like to point out that i did not eat all the menu as my camrea spy seems to have got me every time i was munching..needless to say i did stink of barbque when i got home.. however this did mean i got to watch a world cup match in peace..i must admit good days crack and the fact i had to push that cosworth up the m1 on the way home was the perfect end to the day .. :lol: :lol:

alpha13
15th June 2010, 04:24 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: hope you told them to get a good car for next year ronnie :lol: :lol: :lol:
the cooking was grand..i ate loads of it and still no aches or killer pains :) :)
good practice for you for ballymena ronnie :D :)

MR2MK1
15th June 2010, 04:40 PM
Yes
I have entered him in for Hells Kitchen I was on the phone with Gordon last night :lol: :lol: :lol:

PDtuning
15th June 2010, 07:23 PM
Wow amazing pics, pity i missed it. But then again it lucky i didnt say that i was as my clutch disc fell apart on sat evening :roll:

alpha13
16th June 2010, 09:57 AM
well there is the next one PD :) :) or others to follow :D