PDA

View Full Version : Dark Blue MR2 for sale

jamesweeks
11th January 2010, 06:52 PM
Reluctantly.... *very* reluctantly... it's probably time to part company with my beloved Mk1.

It's an E-reg, unmodified, Dark blue, cloth seats (in good nick; they were leather, but got swapped out when the leather deterioated). Engine, of course, still runs beautifully - 159,500 miles; starts every time. Still has that lovely Ooomph and roar. Gearbox and clutch both OK. Interior dashboard in good condition too.

Roof panels are 100% too... but, of course, the seals leak. And this for me is the killer. Winter has not been kind to this car, and the cabin is rather soggy at the moment. I've been worn down by weeks of scraping ice off the *inside* of the car, and passengers complaining of a moist bottom.

Somebody helpfully clipped the offside back wing a couple of weeks ago, but otherwise the bodywork is broadly OK - a few chips and dents as you'd expect. The odd rust patch here and there. Oh, and the windscreen washer pump has died.

It's 100% driveable (went to work and back in it today, in fact) MOTd for another couple of months... and will HPI-check absolutely fine... but probably most use now as a restoration project or donor vehicle.

Common sense says I should just scrap it. But I've had this car for a decade, love it to bits and would like to see it go to a good home.

It's in West London. I'm guessing it might be worth £500.

Any takers?

James Weeks
james.weeks-[at]-jwjw.demon.co.uk

mr2mk1chick
11th January 2010, 08:26 PM
the windscreen washer pump has died.

this is so easy to fix, so don't let this put anyone off. i think once you unbolt the washer reservior the pump just pulls out or something very simple. 5 mins. not too hard to find either.

good luck with the sale.

pekwah1
11th January 2010, 10:28 PM
i could be interested in this.
where in west london are you?
cheers,
andy

Gary1958
12th January 2010, 08:49 AM
Hi James,

I would be interested in your car. Please let me have a contact number. PM if necessary.

Gary

mr2mk1chick
12th January 2010, 09:18 AM
Hi James,

I would be interested in your car. Please let me have a contact number. PM if necessary.

Gary
:roll: read his post - his contact number and email are at the bottom

Gary1958
12th January 2010, 10:49 AM
Hi James,

Gary

:roll: it was early-have now made contact with James!

mr2mk1chick
12th January 2010, 07:50 PM
Hi James,

Gary

:roll: it was early-have now made contact with James!
:+:

jamesweeks
15th January 2010, 12:24 PM
Still available...

jamesweeks
15th January 2010, 12:28 PM
Oh, and a couple of extra facts:

MOT due Feb 22nd - I know of no reason why it shouldn't pass, but I guess you never know. It's taxed until end of April.

Cam belt hasn't been done in a while (at least the 60,000 miles I've done in it)

There's some rust, but the car looks pretty clean.

JW

jamesweeks
17th January 2010, 04:02 PM
Sold! I'll miss it, though - was very sad seeing it driving away. Good luck Jon.