PDA

View Full Version : Harewood Speed Hillclimb

unowho
3rd January 2010, 05:06 PM
Hi,

I have been sent this via the forum, so putting it here as only seems right.

Just wondered if any one was interested, all details as below

"I wondered whether any MR2 Mk1 Club members would be interested in a visit to Yorkshire's most beautifully located motorsports venue?

Harewood Speed Hillclimb occupies a stunning setting overlooking the Wharfe valley, between Leeds & Harrogate.

Events are held each month from April to September, on the UK's longest permanent hill climb course, with some competitors exceeding 100mph during their timed runs. The spectating areas are excellent, it's a great place for a picnic, but catering is also provided at each event.

For recognised Car Club members there is a pre-booking discount of 20%, making individual entrance costs just £8.00 per person, or a Season Ticket for all 11 events is available for only £35.00!!

If you could post details on your website notice board or in the club newsletter it would be great - For full information please go to www.harewoodhill.com (http://www.harewoodhill.com) or contact me direct.

Here's to a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year for all your members

Best regards

Tony Cooper"

tommundy
5th January 2010, 10:47 AM
Cheers Debs. :+:

I'm up for an outing to this to one of the summer events, anyone else?

Some great roads in the surrounding area too so I could possibly organise a run also!

Cheers
Tom

unowho
7th March 2010, 10:24 PM
Have received some more information, on this years events as below:-

"Good morning Deborah,

You were good enough to reply to my email on January 3rd, inviting MR2 Mk1 Club members to Harewood Speed Hillclimb.

I wondered if any members had expressed an interest in visiting, as if you can supply numbers and the event date/s I can send you vouchers for 20% off the spectating entrance fee of £10.00.

The full list of dates is below – if any members would like to compete they can now complete their entry online at the website : http://www.harewoodhill.com

I look forward to seeing lots more MR2 Mk 1’s at Harewood this year!

Best regards

Tony

The full 2010 schedule of events is:

Spring National Hillclimb: 11th April

May Open Hillclimb: 8th May

May British Championship Hillclimb: 9th May

Classic & Vintage Hillclimb: 5th June

Jim Thomson Hillclimb: 6th June

British Championship Hillclimb: 3rd & 4th July

Yorkshire Speed Hillclimb: 7th August

Montague Burton Hillclimb: 8th August

Summer Championship Hillclimb: 29th August

Greenwood Cup Hillclimb: 18th September

Mike Wilson Memorial Hillclimb: 19th September

Tony Cooper

Tel: +44 (0)1422 844145 Mobile: 07946 711587
Address: Old Town House, Crabtree Fold, Old Town, Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, HX7 8SN
Email: anthonylcooper@tiscali.co.uk"

Debs