PDA

View Full Version : Hi and all the best for 2010

Moustachio
31st December 2009, 11:01 AM
Hi all, bought my 3rd mk1 just before Crimbo from Ben (who was clearly a mr2mk1club enthusiast!) from Hampshire, so I'm guessing the car is quite well known in the club...

its a black mk1b t-bar...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/mantadaz16/mr21.jpg

It's the 3rd classic I now own (my other two are Mantas), and will be used as a nice-day/trackday car.

Needs a bit of work (don't they all), and I may have to v6 it in the not too distant future.

anyway
have fun

crazylegs
31st December 2009, 11:16 AM
welcome to the club. where are you ? (you can add it to the profile :+: )

Ben
31st December 2009, 11:26 AM
Aye, that's a pretty well know car :+:

Seen it a few times myself, it's a very clean example. Welcome to the club :)

Moustachio
31st December 2009, 12:17 PM
Ah... hadn't entered my name so it wasn't saving the location+car type.

(I've paid up for membership but guess it takes a lil' while to process, especially this time of year)

It's going to need a bit of work, not quite as clean as you'd imagine... bottom of b-posts/sill need replacing both sides, the roof above windscreen needs some attention and the arches will too despite being replaced earlier this year. I want to get fibre glass wings too as the driver's side wing has a rust patch on it and well... fibre glass doesn't rust! It also needs a new windscreen...anyone got one?

But its a good foundation, as it has Koni adjustables, it's been lowered a tad and has the celica brakes up front... all the good basis for a v6 methinks :think: !

It's mad when you look back at all the receipts and see how much money has been spent on it in the last year!

I've got some lovely black Team Dynamics to go on it that used to be on my previous white '2, so the car is going to go a bit stealth!

have fun

mr2mk1chick
1st January 2010, 10:23 AM
Hiya
welcome to mk1 ownership, and to the club :+: :wave:

oukie
5th January 2010, 10:16 AM
Hi Welcome to the club :wave:

Are you aware just how rare genuine black mk1b t-bars are ???????

tommundy
5th January 2010, 10:30 AM
Are you aware just how rare genuine black mk1b t-bars are ???????
I'm sure Tiny told him. :lol:

Welcome to the club, it should be a good year with plenty of events and new members!

Moustachio
5th January 2010, 11:28 AM
Yep, I'm aware! 8-)

Don't worry bodywise it will stay unmolested and I'm already planning to give it a resto/new paint (don't panic it will stay black :+: :lol: !!)

KMK11
6th January 2010, 10:03 PM
Hey Moustachio :+:

Whereabouts are you in South Wales? As you'll see from my profile, I'm in the sunny bit!! Pontypridd actually :D

...and I too have an original black 1b T-bar! Mine's tucked away in the garage awaiting restoration...I'm hoping to start in the Spring.

Moustachio
7th January 2010, 09:44 AM
Chepstow. I'm at pretty much every classic car show in Wales every year (with one of my Manta's).

2 of the 4 only mk1b black t-bars in Wales... sweet!

Mine is sat on the drive under 6 inches of snow :crazy:

Have fun
Daz.

KMK11
7th January 2010, 10:31 PM
Great, I'll have to keep an eye-out for some shows & will come along for a chat!

Alternatively, next time you're in my neck o the woods give us a shout & I'll stand ya a pint of the black stuff!

Mark :+: