PDA

View Full Version : RAF Waddington Air Show 2010 3+4 July

mistertwokw
15th December 2009, 09:26 AM
Hi folks, i started this post in the new events thread but feel that i shouold post it here in order to get an idea of numbers,

The RAF Waddington airshow attracts around 100000 people over the 2 days and is undoubtedly one of the best airshows on the UK calender, This year it takes place on 3+4 Jul 10.
There are limited spaces for car clubs as long as an application is got in early!! I have approached the organiser of the show and things look good for the club getting a spot.....as long as i can get an idea of confirmed numbers in the near future.
I am away in Afghanistan as of tomorrow until the end of Feb, ideally by this time i will need a list of names.
Please only put your name down if you are 90% certain of making the event, there is a high possibility that if the club attends in numbers this could become a regular event :+: , it will not look good if the usual happens and people cancel the week before :-:
You would get free entry and be able to enjoy all the other attractions that the airshow has to offer. Accomodation is readily available in Lincoln. I would be able to put up some people on a first come first serve basis. Ther is also room for a tent or two in the garden. There is no camping on the airfield though! Just add your name to the list below if you are definately interested.

Hope that this is of interest to you folks...see you all when i get back 8-)

Ki

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:

old petrolhead
15th December 2009, 02:37 PM
Hi folks, i started this post in the new events thread but feel that i shouold post it here in order to get an idea of numbers,

The RAF Waddington airshow attracts around 100000 people over the 2 days and is undoubtedly one of the best airshows on the UK calender, This year it takes place on 3+4 Jul 10.
There are limited spaces for car clubs as long as an application is got in early!! I have approached the organiser of the show and things look good for the club getting a spot.....as long as i can get an idea of confirmed numbers in the near future.
I am away in Afghanistan as of tomorrow until the end of Feb, ideally by this time i will need a list of names.
Please only put your name down if you are 90% certain of making the event, there is a high possibility that if the club attends in numbers this could become a regular event :+: , it will not look good if the usual happens and people cancel the week before :-:
You would get free entry and be able to enjoy all the other attractions that the airshow has to offer. Accomodation is readily available in Lincoln. I would be able to put up some people on a first come first serve basis. Ther is also room for a tent or two in the garden. There is no camping on the airfield though! Just add your name to the list below if you are definately interested.

Hope that this is of interest to you folks...see you all when i get back 8-)

Ki

1:Richard Brett
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:

mk1 dal
15th December 2009, 04:15 PM
hi i will be able to attend , will be a great weekend .

gary :+:

mistertwokw
15th December 2009, 05:04 PM
Name added :+:

2:mk1 dal
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:

tommundy
22nd December 2009, 02:46 PM
Name added too. :)

3:tommundy
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:

Camping, a room or a 6ft2"*1ft space on the floor will do me Ki! :+:

old petrolhead
22nd December 2009, 06:28 PM
Hi All. Let`s get on board with this one. Sounds like a really good venue, lots of visitors. Let`s push the boat out & have a really good attendance. We have time to plan our diaries with this amount of notice. :+: :+: :+: :D :D :D

The Silver Fox
22nd December 2009, 06:36 PM
Count me in. Its 25 years since I was there working with 50 Sqn Vulcan Tankers!!!

4:The Silver Fox
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:

old petrolhead
27th December 2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks to all who have put their names down so far. We need more than these fine fellows & fellowesses!!! to make a really good show.

Please look at your 2010 dates & commit to this please. I am sure it will be a great day out. :+:

stumr2sc
28th December 2009, 10:21 PM
Count me in. I shall check on any reasonably local camp sites. I'm sure the show organisers will let us leave the show each evening and return before the show opens to the public the next morning,
5:Stuart Kynoch
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:

unowho
5th January 2010, 11:00 AM
6:Debs Watson
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:

DOCTOR1987
9th January 2010, 03:00 PM
hi i would like to go. put me down.

old petrolhead
9th January 2010, 03:21 PM
Thanks all Keep the list growing!!!! :wave:

tommundy
9th January 2010, 04:43 PM
7:DOCTOR1987
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:

mistertwokw
3rd March 2010, 11:35 AM
A quick update on this now i am back:

Owing to only 7 people putting their names forward we have missed out on a car club pitch at the airshow :-:

However, we are still in with a chance of being able to display the cars at the airshow, it wont be a pitch as such but if we can park together then it would be as good as, i am still pushing for this so stay tuned ;)

Ki

old petrolhead
3rd March 2010, 04:29 PM
Thanks Ki. Keep up the good work. There may well be more to follow!!! :+:

mk1 dal
4th March 2010, 05:07 AM
hi ki nice to hear you got back alright :+: , i know off two more people going who brought my old cars last year , + i can supply at least 3 cars which my mates can drive to the show ,this will get the numbers up . its a shame more members didn't put there names down sooner :-: has you went to a lot of trouble to plan this event which i think will be a brilliant weekend , may be next time we will get the pitch .

tommundy
4th March 2010, 10:59 AM
How many did we need Ki?

mistertwokw
4th March 2010, 03:55 PM
Minimum numbers were not told to me initially but it seems that they were looking for around 20 which is not impossible considering how many members we have. I will keep trying to get a intinerary for those who want to attend the show in a drive on basis.

old petrolhead
7th March 2010, 11:56 AM
8:Mike Savory
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:

Mike Savory is a local member, but does not have Internet access. I will also ask Stuart Goodacre & 2 other local members. Cheers. Richard

mistertwokw
15th March 2010, 09:56 AM
Ok folks heres the latest...........and its all good news!

The car clubs organiser has agreed to extend us 10 places, i have to add that this was after much negotiation and is subject to us getting our admin sorted asap.

So heres what you need to do:

Go to http:www.waddingtonairshow.co.uk
Look on the left of the page at attractions
Click on the classic/vintage car show tab
Read the Regulations
Print off the application form
Send the completed application form to me at
Mr K Williams
12 Lancaster Close
Waddington
Lincoln
LN5 9PL

I have added myself to the list as i have just bought another mk1 :+: so now i can park the tvr and the mk1 at the show :D , as it stands there are 9 people with their names down.

9:Ki
10:

First come first served....lets put on a good show eh!

Ki

mk1 dal
16th March 2010, 06:15 AM
hi , nice one ki :clap: , will send mine soon has , what mk1 have you got now :?: .

mistertwokw
16th March 2010, 12:04 PM
Just aquired another black one, in fairly good condition, need some fettling though...you know me :+:

tommundy
16th March 2010, 12:45 PM
Nice one Ki!

I've printed mine off and filled it out. Will post it tomorrow.

Cheers,
Tom

DOCTOR1987
23rd March 2010, 06:51 PM
hi can i still come if i havent got my mr2 back in time because some one run in to it on a roundabout on the 8 of march and i am guted so if i come in my williams clio i can pick up tent are stuff thanks .

mistertwokw
23rd March 2010, 08:09 PM
Hi Doc,

you are more than welcome to come along but unfortunately you would have to come through the main entrance with the public as its only the mk1's that are authorised to exhibit.
As it stands though i have received no entry proformas!! :(

Ki

DOCTOR1987
25th March 2010, 06:56 PM
so i hop that i get my mr2 done in time thanks

mk1 dal
27th March 2010, 02:07 AM
hi ki will send mine today , i have printed off many copies of the form at work , do you want me to send them to you , they could be sent out to members who want to go with no printers or i could send then direct to the members who want them . looking forward to great show .

bill hulme
27th March 2010, 07:27 AM
Ok folks heres the latest...........and its all good news!

The car clubs organiser has agreed to extend us 10 places, i have to add that this was after much negotiation and is subject to us getting our admin sorted asap.

So heres what you need to do:

Go to http:www.waddingtonairshow.co.uk
Look on the left of the page at attractions
Click on the classic/vintage car show tab
Read the Regulations
Print off the application form
Send the completed application form to me at
Mr K Williams
12 Lancaster Close
Waddington
Lincoln
LN5 9PL

I have added myself to the list as i have just bought another mk1 :+: so now i can park the tvr and the mk1 at the show :D , as it stands there are 9 people with their names down.

9:Ki
10:bill Hulme camping

my aplication is in the post, Bill.

First come first served....lets put on a good show eh!

Ki

mistertwokw
27th March 2010, 04:01 PM
If you can get the forms out to those without printers that would be great.

Just to reiterate, i am happy to put some people up in the house, i have one spare room and a comfy coach, i also have the garden to camp in. Just let me know.
At present camping at the airfield is a no go.

Ki

old petrolhead
27th March 2010, 04:24 PM
My Application will be posted tomorrow. Cheers Richard :+:

mistertwokw
17th May 2010, 09:28 AM
Well folks this is set to be another let down by most of the club members.
To date i have only received 3 applications for this show and because of this my chat with the organiser went as follows:

How many mk1's are attending?
Is that it!?
Yep

Well unforunately for you i have 8 cars from another club wanting to attend. You were there first but you are not filling the spaces, i see it is only sensible to give the spaces to them.
Oh?
Sorry but it gives 8 cars a chance rather than 4.
Ok, thanks for the time.

So, basically this is now a no go, thanks to those who did send me the forms. I am a little peeved as there were quite a few nam es on the list and now its a no go. Not encouraging at all.

A disgruntled Ki :x

Ki

DOCTOR1987
8th June 2010, 05:29 PM
:evil:next time when you are organising an event give us more time and more warning
and when you say you have got places buck them in sted of telling everyone to get them yourself.thank :x
may be frow privet email as this is not hard to do