PDA

View Full Version : New, with a few questions...

Rustie
15th November 2009, 11:35 PM
Hello everyone!

I am Jay from South London and last week I entered the wonderful world of MR2 ownership :D

It's a very sorry looking (Mica?) Blue 1988 MK1b Sunroof model
I bought what I thought was a bargain on ebay knowing that it would need some tlc and I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew :shock:

This is after getting rid of the rotten metal around what was quite a small hole to start with. Someone went to the trouble of attempting to repair the corrosion around the arb mount but the tin worm is back!
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/11/Day1Strippingtofindrust027-1.jpg

Now having owned several Peugeots I am well versed in spanner twirling but I have never had a go at bodywork. I have had a look around this forum as well as MR2OC and repair panels seem to be the best option. I suppose my question is would I be wasting my time? Would the section need to be done again or is there a better option?

I know this is a lot of questions for a first post but I would prefer to know now rather than in a few months time when my patience has run out :roll:

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Jay

mr2mk1chick
17th November 2009, 06:26 PM
Hiya and welcome along

maybe pop your bodywork questions in a new thread in the bodywork sections.

Kateg28
18th November 2009, 09:23 AM
Fab colour! :wave:

Hopefully see you soon although might be the Spring now, not many people go out in the winter. I have a T-Bar so I have twice the amount of defrosting to do (inside as well as outside).

Lots of helpful people about this lovely car on here.

crazylegs
18th November 2009, 06:25 PM
welcome, you will get answers to all your questions here. some good ones and some not so good but you should be able to have a go. stick a post in the bodywork section with some pics if possible. check out the affiliates and the merchandise as well. :)