PDA

View Full Version : "Old" Newbies to Mk1 Club...

Baz L Zebub
1st November 2009, 10:42 PM
Hi, all! Baz & Chrissie here, in Kegsrave, Suffolk (we were co-Club Reps with Stu, 2002/5-ish).

Just to say we hadn't really 'gone away' from MR2s, just hibernated for a while due to lots of things going on. Our ol Myrtle is looking a little sad now, as I haven't had time to fix her up (arches & front valance/wings gone), but having registered on this 'ere impressive-looking forum and inspired by what I've found, I'm going to whack the car up on stands and give it a thorough check-over, to see if it's salvageable (hope the floor pan's survived - if so, I'll sort the rest).

Anyway - we're back (also packing a Pontiac Fiero 2.8V6 now - Yank's 'answer' to the MR2, they say -Ho!Ho!Ho!...not...) and look forward to getting to a meet or two.

Anyone up in East Anglia is also welcome to join us at our monthly Pontiac meets at Orwell Truck Stop, A14, nr Ipswich. PM me if you're interested in that, but all welcome.

See y'all soon!

Baz.

crazylegs
2nd November 2009, 08:40 AM
welcome back :clap:

Baz L Zebub
10th November 2009, 11:16 PM
Why, thankya, Crazylegs! Seems you're the only one 'pleased' to see us back... :lol: :wave: ;) :crazy:

Seriously - had a gander under the ol' jalopy - and I was immensely relieved to find that 5 years of standing on hefty aluminium plates on our front 'lawn' hasn't added any rot to the floor, sills or anything!! Amazing!
Poked a bubble at the rear of the offside front wing, and "POOOF!", thar's a hole and a half - full (and I mean STUFFED FULL) of oak leaves. Weird - they must've been in there yonks, cos we haven't got an oak tree here...and how the hell did they get in there, anyway??
I knew the wings were U/S - the front parts have dissolved, long ago - so I expected to have to buy new ones along with valances, but I still have to tackle those dreaded rear arches yet again (this time I'll cut the s*ds right out & weld in new 'uns).
Either way, it's viable, but won't be rushed - got too many other jobs need wrapping around the project time.

See you about at meets, anyway (in the Fiero, probably, until Myrtle's sorted.)

Cheers, Baz & Chrissie.

mr2mk1chick
11th November 2009, 06:42 PM
welcome along/back

sounds like you'll have a good project on your hands, but great if you can do the welding etc yourself.
bloomin leaves seem to get everywhere in the bodywork.