PDA

View Full Version : MK1 racing at Croft

AW11 Forever
24th October 2009, 01:25 PM
For some reason you guys who run this series continue to deprive us MK1 nuts in the north east of england the opportunity to see some great MK1 racing. Have you considered having a round at the brilliant Croft circuit in north yorkshire.

Croft always have a really good turn out of people for all its races including local and regional races. You really should consider Croft for the 2010 calendar.

Cheers

mr2mk1chick
25th October 2009, 06:38 PM
well i guess this would be best posted on their forum then LOL

probably the reason why they havent been at croft this year is that croft had to cancel loads of racing and track days. this is due to a huge ongoing argument about noise.
loads of staff have lost their jobs too because of the massive lack of work there.
this is still looking the case for next year too :-:

Bookatrack used to have quite a few trackdays days there but we only did 2 there this year. we spoke to the staff and there were very few trackdays there at all this year..

the racing is even more difficult as they are obviously classed as 'noisy days' eg over the noraml dB allowed. so if you factor in a test day, qualy, and race days they can't fit much in at all

its madness that circuits are now havign to comply to such strick legislation nowadays.
its not like people buying houses don't know its there!

the worst example at the moment is the belgian gov. trying to close Spa :shock:

SARAH
25th October 2009, 09:39 PM
Simple answer noise! Croft sets a 95db limit and most of the race cars are over this,they only have a few noise increased days and those sadly wont cover enough time in the calendar or have not in the past to host mr2 & Nippon days, the other reasons unfortunately is it is to far for most to travel, we struggle to get people to Cadwell :shock: and that is a fantastic circuit, i personally love Croft and always suggest it but most of our grids live down south, those are the reasons. i will keep trying :+:

AW11 Forever
27th October 2009, 08:49 AM
Ballz :-: what a shame it all comes down to red tape. There is a house, litterally right in the circuit at the old chicane and I think it was them who complained to the council about the noise. Surely the SBK or BTCC races would take the noise over the limits.

Its really frustrating living here when it comes to motorsport, the nearest circuit is either Knockhill 3.5 hours away or Donny 2.5 hours away.

Thanks for the replies at least I know the reasons now :+:

mr2mk1chick
27th October 2009, 01:01 PM
Surely the SBK or BTCC races would take the noise over the limits.
yes they do. the council allow a certain numbe of 'noisy' days - those are ones which break the normal limits. these days are very few, so hence hardly any racing there. they save up these days for the big boys - eg BTCC etc, and have to cater for the test days and qualifying too.

there are also very restricted amounts of 'normal' days with the 95dB limit, hence hardly any track days either.
they have had to lay off loads of staff etc and the future is bleak.

yes - its the houose by the circuit thats the main gripe i think. i think there is something to do with the divorced wife from the circuit owner living there (or is this castle coombe - there are so many circuits with similar stories...)

Bazzbiggles
7th January 2010, 10:07 PM
Background info here: - http://www.forumula1.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5181