PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Helpers Wanted for NEC Show

mr2mk1chick
15th October 2009, 12:00 PM
The classic Car Show at the NEC we have a club stand with room for 4 show cars, any colours.
Ideally we would like stunning examples of: MK1a, MK1b, MK1 SC, MK1 race/track car, also considered: MK1 modifed/engine conversion

Requirements:The show runs from the 13th -15ht November, but the show cars need to be at the NEC on Thursday morning 12th, and owners need to pepare the cars to show condition (wash/wax etc) and help with the stand set-up and build. The cars will need to stay on the stand till breakdown on sunday ~5:30pm

You are expected to help 'mann' the club stand to help with PR etc for part of the show in exchange for exibiting your car.

We hope to have more volunteers to help out on the various days (so the car owners don't have to be there every day), but we have limited admission passses for each day.

:arrow: If your name is on the list below where you have expressed interest to brign your car, then please confirm on this thread whether you are still wanting to exhibit your car and that you can meet the above requirements. We can then take a vote on which cars the membership would like to see at the NEC.

Possible Cars for the NEC (from the other thread):

Jason Jesse POLICE/SHERIFF Livery MK1 race series
Richard Brett 3.0 V6 White
Max 1989 MK1b TBAR Red
Chris MK1b Black
John Redmond Helios blue 1b coupe

Also Tiny expressed a wish to help prep the cars with his 'car detailing' expertise.

:!: Those on the list copy and paste the list and add 'confirmed' if you wish to be on the voting to bring your car.

:arrow: If you woulld like free entry to this show in exchange for helping out for a good amount of time on the stand, then pop your name down as a helper. Basically if we get enough help we can all rotate round so the stand is always 'manned' but you get a good look at the show

:idea: Stuart Kynoch (Membership Secretary) is organising the show again, so any enquiries post here or even better pm him: stumr2sc

Monkeymax
15th October 2009, 02:09 PM
I've just realised I've managed to monumentally triple book myself that weekend (again!!!!) so for the third year running I'm gonna have to pull out beforehand... :-:
Sorry!!! Next year... :(

On the plus side... that's 4 cars, isn't it?

unowho
15th October 2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks for posting Jo, Stuart as far as I am aware is still organising

Just hope we have the room for 4 cars, pretty sure Stuart said the stand was smaller that last year :-: :-:

John Redmond
3rd November 2009, 08:56 PM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to say I've got commitments for this weekend and will not be able to attend.

When I offered my car and services back in May I expected a little more communication other than Mikes initial response, none has been forth coming so I have had to make other plans.

Thanks

John

unowho
4th November 2009, 06:31 PM
Anyone heard from Stuart, regarding this show, not long now??!!!

List seems to be dwindling, also not sure on Jason Jesse, as his car was badly damaged at Brands Hatch, so not sure he will be attending either.

Will PM stuart

Debs

coley
4th November 2009, 07:18 PM
Am going to this show, so will look out for our stand and say hello

Handsome Rob
5th November 2009, 03:03 PM
I'm hoping to attend ...when - as yet unsure. Sunday most likely, as I don't finish work until 4 on Saturday.

stumr2sc
6th November 2009, 07:13 PM
I'm hoping to attend ...when - as yet unsure. Sunday most likely, as I don't finish work until 4 on Saturday.

Our stand at the NEC awaits your arrival Rob. It will be good to meet you as you weren't able to attend our AGM last month. I will post your free ticket tomorrow.

Handsome Rob
8th November 2009, 12:30 PM
Can't come, sorry - managed to completely forget that I'm not in the country for a week! :(

old petrolhead
8th November 2009, 12:53 PM
Marcus Stoner contacted me & he is arranging for another racer to be on the stand. It is in Gulf racing colours. Mine will be there & if push comes to shove Stuart K will have his car there. We are also getting a large TV screen & DVD player. Marcus is sending Stuart K some DVDs of the racing series to run. If anyone else has any CD`s or DVD`s of MK1`s. Please contact Stuart K