PDA

View Full Version : SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT MEET!!!

alpha13
24th September 2009, 04:36 PM
hello all. i am trying to get suggestions of where and when we can meet up again.
as those of you who were involved in the first meet up will remember it was a good day and the start of lots more hopefully, as for those who could not manage to come along, everyone with or with out a mk1 is welcome to come.... all that is required is a fondness for these cars which clearly you have if you are on here :+: :+:
i am looking for suggestions of where we could meet as there is some members in dublin quite a few in the north and some down the country, so destination is important to arranging a meet up as is when.
all those interested ppost here or the republic section or alternatively e mail mr2mk1ireland@gmail.com.
thanks all!!
mark

scoobyblue
24th September 2009, 05:00 PM
as i said at the time mark i will be there as long as the fuel consumption issue is sorted , not sure if michelle can make it though , i will know when a date is set , as for location , that is entirely up to you , and i suppose that depends on who is going , to try and keep it as central as possible for all :+:

alpha13
25th September 2009, 09:24 AM
thats why i am looking for suggestions of where we can meet from people so i can judge who is interested and where they are so i can try and sort something reasonably central for those.... and also when will suit people...

scoobyblue
25th September 2009, 10:58 AM
anytime , anywhere for me , the car could do with a good long drive when its sorted :+:

alpha13
25th September 2009, 03:06 PM
well thats two of us.. come on guys shout out who is interested!!! :wave: :wave:

scoobyblue
25th September 2009, 03:11 PM
I THOUGHT ROCKINHORSE WOULD BE CHOMPING AT THE BIT :lol: TO SHOW HIS NEW PURCHASE , COME ON RONNIE :+:

alpha13
25th September 2009, 06:59 PM
COME ON EVERYONE!!! :lol: :lol:

rockinhorse
25th September 2009, 10:37 PM
count me in guys, not fussed on location either somewhere central seems fair for everyone, expecting our first bundle of joy in next few weeks, so i couldnt make it for a while, have e mailed a couple of guys i know up here about meets but no response, seen a clean mark 1 on wed, red with reg starting YIJ (87-88) i think, but couldnt get him stopped..i have the mobile no. of the person selling the white 1990 one i posted last week maybe worth the effort to ring him and ask for new owner details, only a thought. anyhow will keep you,s posted..

scoobyblue
25th September 2009, 11:04 PM
good luck with the baby ronnie , hope all goes smoothly , and i gather the frunk is ideal for transporting the little bundle of joy about :lol: :+: :+:

alpha13
27th September 2009, 08:27 PM
:lol: well then the bundle of joy will be travelling in style :) :)
ronnie send a mail to mr2mk1ireland@gmail.com... i set it up so that if there is a meet or anything the message can be sent to everyone in the contacts list at once... i have a number of a guy i got this weekend too that has and early two tone sc here in dublin too, plan on giving him a bell and seeing what he is up to with the car or if interested in meeting with others.... the more people the merrier :) :)

scoobyblue
27th September 2009, 09:04 PM
you are doing a great job mark ! :+:

alpha13
28th September 2009, 08:17 AM
not at all... just doing what we all are doing! helping other mr2 owners and hoping to have a little club of our own over this side of the water. thats all, still havent a clues for when or where we can meet up again yet??? so far it is you,rocking horse and me....
tell michelle i said hi :)
thanks.
mark

scoobyblue
28th September 2009, 12:42 PM
it looks like the enthusiasm for this little gem of a car is not as widespread as i thought it would be , all i can say is that the best way to keep your car on the road is through meets like this where you can swap ideas and see what other people have done to their cars in the flesh as it were .to me that is much better than looking at photographs and talking about it . although there were only three cars vat the last meet , i found it a great help to talk to mark , and aside from the disc he gave us all which is a brilliant reference , he knows his stuff and is extremely helpful . so i would strongly recommend any owners on this side of the water to try their best to go to the next meet , no matter how experienced they are . my dad always said that every day is a school day , so we are never done learning!
as well as that it is a great day out , so dont be backward in coming forward and give him a shout with suggestions or even just express an interest
there must be more than 3 mk1mr2's in ireland , and , if you dont own one , come along anyway. it could be an introduction to the next car you buy and believe me , in my case , i wouldnt want to own anything else! :+: :wave:
(you can send me a cheque for all that mark! :lol: )michelle sends her best :wave:

alpha13
28th September 2009, 01:14 PM
:clap: :clap: :+: :lol: thanks for that very big vote of confidence pat :lol:
as you said none of us know it all and we can all learn from others no matter how much experience we might think we have. i will glady give an opinion or help where i can to anyone. we are all enthusiast of the car and as such the more we meet and help each other and stick together, the more the cars will benefit and become more well know to others... there is lots of mk1 owners around ireland... i have seen that clearly, and i believe they are just not aware of how many there is out there so i and hopefully more of us can make them aware of here as a start so that we can all begin to get together as a club.... who knows with enough cars we could easily go to some of the big car shows here with just our cars and have an mr2 mk1 only stand..
just a hope...

scoobyblue
28th September 2009, 01:29 PM
no problem mark , i speak as i find! :+:

alpha13
28th September 2009, 04:22 PM
:) :) :) thanks for that :) :)