PDA

View Full Version : JAE 2010, 9th-12th Sept, Wicksteed Park

Ben
23rd September 2009, 09:48 PM
Bit premature I know, given that there's no set date/venue as far as I know...

But given the slightly disappointing Mk1 club turnout this year (due to various reasons) I thought it might be good to drum up some interest now!

Chris, will you still be involved in the organising side of things? :angel:

1. Ben Edwards

Kateg28
24th September 2009, 08:02 AM
I will put my name down as interested, obviously depends on exact date and location but I will try :wave:

Might even try and stay up late and see what all the fun was in the early hours....

1. Ben Edwards
2. Kate G

Danthrax
24th September 2009, 09:04 AM
I'll stick my name too, missed this year coz I only got my mr2 the day before

1. Ben Edwards
2. Kate G
3. Danthrax

oukie
24th September 2009, 09:19 AM
1. Ben Edwards
2. Kate G
3. Danthrax
4. Oukie (Jae organiser)

Yeah I will organise this again if peeps want, Ive got a bit of a better idea of what to do now so expect a better show and shine next year for example :+:

Monkeymax
24th September 2009, 11:04 AM
:+: Already looking forward to it! :lol:

I'll stick my name too, missed this year coz I only got my mr2 the day before

Dan, you should've come anyway! :) I went last year in my Peugeot because the '2 was off the road... ;) Never mind - next year!

Chris, I'll leave the JAE Organiser title under your name then!

1. Ben Edwards
2. Kate G
3. Danthrax
4. Oukie (Jae organiser)
5. Monkeymax

Kateg28
24th September 2009, 11:35 AM
Yeah I will organise this again if peeps want, Ive got a bit of a better idea of what to do now so expect a better show and shine next year for example :+:

Didn't you win it this year? :think:

Danthrax
24th September 2009, 11:54 AM
Dan, you should've come anyway! :) I went last year in my Peugeot because the '2 was off the road... ;) Never mind - next year!

was a busy weekend and didn't have alot of money :(

next year for sure :+:

bill hulme
29th September 2009, 09:02 PM
1. Ben Edwards
2. Kate G
3. Danthrax
4. Oukie (Jae organiser)
5. Monkeymax
6. bill hulme

Monkeymax
13th October 2009, 03:33 PM
Dates now released, providing there's no muck up with the location etc!!

9th-12th September 2010. Put it in your calendar guys!! :)

AW11 Forever
13th October 2009, 04:08 PM
Yeeeeey!! :+:

We should be able to work the Scotland trip around this date so we shouldn't miss it like we did this year.

old petrolhead
13th October 2009, 04:30 PM
1. Ben Edwards
2. Kate G
3. Danthrax
4. Oukie (Jae organiser)
5. Monkeymax
6. bill hulme
7. Richard Brett

Monkeymax
14th October 2009, 08:53 PM
We should be able to work the Scotland trip around this date so we shouldn't miss it like we did this year.

:+: Who knows. I may be able to make the Scotland trip next year! (If I'm no longer unemployed/a student... Please let me not be a student anymore by then!!!)

oukie
27th October 2009, 12:35 PM

Didn't you win it this year? :think:

I may have done :shifty:

bill hulme
16th December 2009, 09:32 AM
I attended the last one :clap: a great event very well organised. All 3 clubs mixing together
a great location, this is one not to be missed, so get your name down, :+: look at it in past events.
Bill.

tommundy
5th January 2010, 10:57 AM
1. Ben Edwards
2. Kate G
3. Danthrax
4. Oukie (Jae organiser)
5. Monkeymax
6. bill hulme
7. Richard Brett
8. tommundy

I missed this last year but will be there this year. Fingers crossed for good weather! Most people camping over I take it? :+:

unowho
5th January 2010, 10:59 AM
1. Ben Edwards
2. Kate G
3. Danthrax
4. Oukie (Jae organiser)
5. Monkeymax
6. bill hulme
7. Richard Brett
8. tommundy
9. Debs Watson

crazylegs
22nd February 2010, 02:44 PM
Wickstead Park i believe

old petrolhead
22nd February 2010, 05:03 PM
[quote="bill hulme"]1. Ben Edwards
2. Kate G
3. Danthrax
4. Oukie (Jae organiser)
5. Monkeymax
6. bill hulme
7. Richard Brett

unowho
23rd February 2010, 12:18 AM
Hey, Tom and I got knocked off the list? :lol: :lol:

1. Ben Edwards
2. Kate G
3. Danthrax
4. Oukie (Jae organiser)
5. Monkeymax
6. bill hulme
7. Richard Brett
8. Tom Mundy
9. Debs Watson

lukemk1
5th March 2010, 11:07 AM
Meee! Can I comeeee ??? :+:

Ben
6th March 2010, 07:06 PM
Meee! Can I comeeee ??? :+:

Of course you can!

1. Ben Edwards
2. Kate G
3. Danthrax
4. Oukie (Jae organiser)
5. Monkeymax
6. bill hulme
7. Richard Brett
8. Tom Mundy
9. Debs Watson
10. lukemk1

oukie
25th April 2010, 08:34 PM
Event Booked :+:

That means plot marquee etc etc

I would like to see more names on the list please.

This year Day tickets will be avilalble at £10 a day but you will NOT be able to bring your car in if you come for just the one day.
day tickets are only avaliable on the day at the gate etc.

This year again lots to do and see with more and more entertainment being announced often I will shortly be posting details of tickets.

Chris.

oukie
25th April 2010, 08:36 PM
1. Ben Edwards
2. Kate G
3. Danthrax
4. Oukie (Jae organiser)
5. Monkeymax
6. bill hulme
7. Richard Brett
8. Tom Mundy
9. Debs Watson
10. lukemk1
11. Oukie's dad :lol:

Monkeymax
10th May 2010, 01:02 PM
Bumpity bump...!
One of the best (if not the best) Jap car shows of the year. Well worth it, for a whole weekend away! :D

oukie
19th May 2010, 10:00 PM
More Bumpage :mrgreen:

Monkeymax
7th June 2010, 05:30 PM
This year again lots to do and see with more and more entertainment being announced often I will shortly be posting details of tickets.

Chris, any update on this?
Cheers!

oukie
10th June 2010, 03:40 PM
Tickets will be £20 each for the weekend

Ticket price includes entry and camping for one, for the whole weekend

Tickets MUST be paid for upfront to avoid last years to many tickets, people pulling out etc

If you buy a ticket and dont go its your loss not the clubs.

Also entertainment

Some sort of poker tornament is gonna take place (free to play) no cash but plenty of other prizes :problem:

The usual 5 a side footy, Japanese eating compo,fireworks,show-n-shine (club and show)
Its aknock out etc .

Chris

bill hulme
10th June 2010, 03:52 PM
Hi Oukie, Please could you tell me how to pay my £20 and to who, for my ticket.
Bill.

Monkeymax
10th June 2010, 06:22 PM
Bill.

Yup, me too please. I may only go for one day (and yes, I know if this is the case it'd be better for me to buy at the gate) but if I can, I'll try to come on Saturday and camp over. Time is tight this year though. :( (Looking very much like this'll be my only car show this year :( )

mk1 dal
12th June 2010, 04:50 AM
hi, me and the wife would like to go ,but so do the kids are they free or would i have to pay for them ( taking 2 mk1's , 1 child in each car )

gary :+:

tommundy
14th June 2010, 07:05 PM
Is camping available on the Thursday night as well or is it just Friday and Saturday night?

It's just the website says 10th-12th Sept.

Cheers,
Tom

oukie
17th June 2010, 08:29 PM
Bill.

Hi Bill Payment to the club through paypal or cheaque But YOU MUST put a note with either paypal or cheaque with your details etc so we know who has paid etc.

Thanks Chris.

oukie
17th June 2010, 08:30 PM
Bill.

Yup, me too please. I may only go for one day (and yes, I know if this is the case it'd be better for me to buy at the gate) but if I can, I'll try to come on Saturday and camp over. Time is tight this year though. :( (Looking very much like this'll be my only car show this year :( )

Paypal or cheaque but remember to include a note with either with your details so we know who has paid etc.

Chris.

oukie
17th June 2010, 08:31 PM
hi, me and the wife would like to go ,but so do the kids are they free or would i have to pay for them ( taking 2 mk1's , 1 child in each car )

Hi I will need to get back to you on the tickets for the Kids (how old etc PM me) as I'm not sure if they have to pay .
But you require at least two tickets .

Chris

oukie
17th June 2010, 08:34 PM
Is camping available on the Thursday night as well or is it just Friday and Saturday night?

It's just the website says 10th-12th Sept.

Cheers,
Tom

Hi No not at the event anyway

Set up only on Thursday and there is a £50 fine for anyone trying to flout this, This is because of sevearl car clubs having 20+ "helpers" last year and the organisers want to stamp it out.

Chris.

AW11 Forever
18th June 2010, 04:45 PM
Guys I'm wanting to attend this but I can only come on the Saturday as we are at the 1000 kms Le Mans Series at Silverstone on the Sunday. I'm wanting to bring the MK1 as well as the focus so I can enter the MK1 into the show on the club stand, can you confirm I WON'T be able to get my MK1 into the show if I only plan to attend the Saturday.

How much for general public entry on the gate on the day

Thanks

oukie
20th June 2010, 12:30 PM
Hi Mike

You are right you can NOT bring your car onto the stand if you only come sat and day tickets are £10 at the gate only
But you could come on friday and leave sat night

Chris

tommundy
21st June 2010, 06:11 AM
What's the club paypal address?

When is payment needed by?

Cheers,
Tom

AW11 Forever
21st June 2010, 03:20 PM
Hi Mike

You are right you can NOT bring your car onto the stand if you only come sat and day tickets are £10 at the gate only
But you could come on friday and leave sat night

Chris

Chris,

The problem is we are not camping, staying in a hotel in Market Harborough on Friday and Saturday, seems really daft I can't drive my car in on the Saturday morning.

Shame, never mind I'll come in the focus and park n the public area and pay on gate.

Cheers

AW11 Forever
21st June 2010, 03:21 PM
Tom,

Any chance you can bring me spare wheel??

Cheers

tommundy
21st June 2010, 04:57 PM
Tom,

Any chance you can bring me spare wheel??

Cheers

That there is me olde mucker. :+:

old petrolhead
30th June 2010, 04:46 PM
[quote="bill hulme"]1. Ben Edwards
2. Kate G
3. Danthrax
4. Oukie (Jae organiser)
5. Monkeymax
6. bill hulme
7. Richard Brett

old petrolhead
30th June 2010, 04:57 PM
Bill.

Hi Bill Payment to the club through pay pal or cheque But YOU MUST put a note with either pay pal or cheques with your details etc so we know who has paid etc.

Thanks Chris.

Please contact Oukie for tickets but please send cheques to our Treasurer
Stuart Kynoch.
12 Hambeledon Crescent
Loughborough
Leics
LE11 3SX

This is Stuarts NEW ADDRESS do not send to the address in the Magazine please.

Club Pay Pall account is mr2mk1club@hotmail.co.uk

When placing an order for tickets, please state the method of payment being used.

Many thanks

Richard.

oukie
30th June 2010, 09:30 PM
Thanks Richard thats just the INFO needed

Chris

bill hulme
1st July 2010, 07:17 AM
I have sent my cheque of to Stuart Kynoch, for my ticket.
Bill Hulme Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Camping, Its a smashing show, so get your ticket
ordered, Bill.

AW11 Forever
12th July 2010, 12:32 PM
Chris,

I'll be there on the Saturday only and can offer some help and support, let me know if there is anything specific you require.

Michael

oukie
13th July 2010, 05:39 PM
Chris,

I'll be there on the Saturday only and can offer some help and support, let me know if there is anything specific you require.

Michael

Hi Michael

Well I will be looking for a couple of volunteer judge's for the trophies etc and I was wondering if you would be an imparshal judge.

There will be FOUR Trophies up for grabs

Best Coupe
Best T-Bar
Best Modification
Best Restoration

Only one trophy per car.

Judgeing at 4pm cars MUST be there By 12 noon latest to be entered for show-n-shine

Chris

unowho
13th July 2010, 06:23 PM
Chris,

Michael

Hi Michael

Well I will be looking for a couple of volunteer judge's for the trophies etc and I was wondering if you would be an imparshal judge.

There will be FOUR Trophies up for grabs

Best Coupe
Best T-Bar
Best Modification
Best Restoration

Only one trophy per car.

Judgeing at 4pm cars MUST be there By 12 noon latest to be entered for show-n-shine

Chris

Could always use IMOC bod's for judging aswell, just a thought :?:

I will also defo be there Saturday :+: :+: and possibly Friday

oukie
14th July 2010, 05:31 PM
1. Ben Edwards
2. Kate G
3. Danthrax
4. Oukie (Jae organiser)
5. Monkeymax
6. bill hulme
7. Richard Brett
8. Tommundy (PAID IN FULL)

superwhite90
1st August 2010, 06:16 PM
1. Ben Edwards
2. Kate G
3. Danthrax
4. Oukie (Jae organiser)
5. Monkeymax
6. bill hulme
7. Richard Brett
9. Superwhite90

I'm glad I can arrive at 4pm this year, as last year I arrived just after 2pm and the awards had already been given out - Having Oukie tell me my car would have probably won didn't make me feel very good :( But we shall see this year :D

unowho
1st August 2010, 06:58 PM
My paypal monies are winging their way yo Mike :+: :clap: :clap:

I'll be there Friday morning (early :think: ) and Saturday but staying a hotel in Market Harborough :silent:

Debs

AW11 Forever
1st August 2010, 08:10 PM
Chris,

Confirmed, received Deb Watsons payment for weekend ticket

Cheers
Michael

mk1bexwa
2nd August 2010, 05:43 PM
Hi there,

Me and my partner are planning to get to the show on the Friday evening and camp for the weekend. Also our two friends want to come for the same amount of time. (I hope lol)

There will be my MK1 but I think they are bringing their civic. Can you let me know the cost please.

Regards,
Beckie.

unowho
2nd August 2010, 07:19 PM
Hi there,

Me and my partner are planning to get to the show on the Friday evening and camp for the weekend. Also our two friends want to come for the same amount of time. (I hope lol)

There will be my MK1 but I think they are bringing their civic. Can you let me know the cost please.

Regards,
Beckie.

Hiya

The cost is £20 per person, which includes everything, if paying my paypal think it's £21 each (coz paypal take their cut)

See you on Saturday :+:

old petrolhead
3rd August 2010, 09:13 AM
1. Ben Edwards
2. Kate G
3. Danthrax
4. Oukie (Jae organiser)
5. Monkeymax
6. bill hulme
7. Richard Brett

tommundy
3rd August 2010, 09:30 AM
Have Superwhite90 and myself done something wrong Richard? :crazy:

tommundy
3rd August 2010, 09:50 AM
I've registered for the Japanese Food Eating Competition. :D

Kateg28
3rd August 2010, 10:48 AM
Ok, I have been quite quiet about this as been caught up with other things. I am still not completely sure I will be able to make it and not sure if my car will come too as it is looking tired. However I have a few questions:

Do I have to come up on the Friday night if I want to camp Saturday night? I would rather come up on Saturday morning and leave on Sunday but I gather this is not possible.

I know one option is to come for the day on Saturday (without the car), but I would need to find out what is the last time I have to leave the park (when do the gates shut?).

Secondly, I would be bringing my 12 year old son (who is pretty good on guitar hero), do I need to pay full price for him?

And then I can talk to Oukie about my purple arches..... :shock:

superwhite90
3rd August 2010, 12:26 PM
Why have I fallen off of the list?

oukie
3rd August 2010, 04:17 PM
1. Ben Edwards
2. Kate G
3. Danthrax
4. Oukie (Jae organiser)
5. Monkeymax
6. bill hulme
7. Richard Brett
9. Debs (PAID IN FULL)
10. Superwhite90
11. Mk1bexwa *2

Updated list

Chris

Kateg28
4th August 2010, 08:14 AM
Oukie,

Any answers to my questions as this will help me with my decision whether or not to attend

K

superwhite90
4th August 2010, 03:14 PM
In regards to your car looking tired, any car is welcome! Its the taking part which is all the fun! Doesn't matter how bad you think it is.

oukie
4th August 2010, 07:29 PM
1. Ben Edwards
2. Kate G
3. Danthrax
4. Oukie (Jae organiser)
5. Monkeymax
6. Bill Hulme (PAID IN FULL)
7. Richard Brett
9. Debs (PAID IN FULL)
10. Superwhite90
11. Mk1bexwa *2

Updated list

Chris

oukie
4th August 2010, 07:33 PM
Ok, I have been quite quiet about this as been caught up with other things. I am still not completely sure I will be able to make it and not sure if my car will come too as it is looking tired. However I have a few questions:

Do I have to come up on the Friday night if I want to camp Saturday night? I would rather come up on Saturday morning and leave on Sunday but I gather this is not possible.

I know one option is to come for the day on Saturday (without the car), but I would need to find out what is the last time I have to leave the park (when do the gates shut?).

Secondly, I would be bringing my 12 year old son (who is pretty good on guitar hero), do I need to pay full price for him?

Kate

You dont have to come Friday night if you want to camp on sat only but you CANT bring your car onto the stand on sat

As far as the price for your son is concerned I am still looking into kids prices and will get back to you.

Chris.

oukie
5th August 2010, 11:54 AM
Ticket price UPDATE

Under twelve's are FREE

Over Twelve's are full price

I have got this information from the JAE people

Chris

oukie
5th August 2010, 11:55 AM

Gary, kids ticket cost are shown in my post above

Chris

oukie
5th August 2010, 11:57 AM

Kate

You dont have to come Friday night if you want to camp on sat only but you CANT bring your car onto the stand on sat

As far as the price for your son is concerned I am still looking into kids prices and will get back to you.

Chris.

Kate as for your son, Full price I'm affraid as he has JUST gone over the age split.

Chris

scott barton
5th August 2010, 10:52 PM
How are you guys getting on with ticket sales?
We at IMOC have set a deadline of the 14th August...

Hope to see all you Mk1's there in force this year!

:mrgreen:

Kateg28
6th August 2010, 08:03 AM
Hmmn, so can't bring my car on to the stand (not sure I would want to anyway) and have to pay £40 for the privilege :problem:

I think I will see what happens and maybe pop up for the day on Saturday. So I won't be purchasing any tickets through the club. What time do day ticket people have to leave? Don't the park gates close at some point?

(btw, am not cross at children's tickets, you have to draw the line somewhere and he is the same height as me...., just bad luck that it hits me this year)

And Chris, I will be in touch in the Autumn about the work to be done on the car.

oukie
7th August 2010, 09:01 PM
1. Ben Edwards
2. Kate G
3. Danthrax
4. Oukie (Jae organiser)
5. Monkeymax
7. Richard Brett
9. Debs (PAID IN FULL)
10. Superwhite90
11. Mk1bexwa *2

Updated list

Chris

Mr2 mk1 club ticket deadline is 21/8/10

Tickets MUST be paid for in full by then and order will be placed THAT day

Chris

Ben
8th August 2010, 11:34 AM
Chris,

Sorry mate, I should have said before but I've been holding fire until I'm sure. Unfortunately I'm not going to make it this year, that weekend is the only weekend of the year I absolutely have to work :cry: :-:

Absolutely gutted. Here's to JAE 2011 :+:

oukie
9th August 2010, 02:44 PM
1. Oukie (Jae organiser)
2. Kate G
3. Danthrax
4. Monkeymax
5. Bill Hulme (PAID IN FULL)
6. Richard Brett
7. Tommundy (PAID IN FULL)
8. Debs (PAID IN FULL)
9. Superwhite90
10. Mk1bexwa *2

Updated list

Chris

mk1bexwa
10th August 2010, 07:41 AM
Hi there can you make it 4 tickets please.

I will send the money on the 27th when I get paid, can you let me know where to send it please.

Regards,
Beckie.

Kateg28
10th August 2010, 08:31 AM
Chris,

You need to remove my name too as I am not going to come up for the weekend camping with my son. I cannot make it Friday night and not going to pay £40 to camp without my car (although it would be easier in the Mondeo as can bring everything :think: ).

I am going to see how it goes and maybe come up for the day on Saturday and buy a day ticket.

Kate

oukie
10th August 2010, 03:21 PM
Hi there can you make it 4 tickets please.

I will send the money on the 27th when I get paid, can you let me know where to send it please.

Regards,
Beckie.

Hi Beckie

Are you wanting to pay by paypal or cheque ?

Details on how to do both are found a couple of pages back

Chris

superwhite90
16th August 2010, 12:07 PM
Chris when is the latest I can buy tickets? I'm skint so will have to wait until the end of the month :(

oukie
16th August 2010, 03:09 PM
Alex I posted this a page or so ago

1. Ben Edwards
2. Kate G
3. Danthrax
4. Oukie (Jae organiser)
5. Monkeymax
7. Richard Brett
9. Debs (PAID IN FULL)
10. Superwhite90
11. Mk1bexwa *2

Updated list

Chris

Mr2 mk1 club ticket deadline is 21/8/10

Tickets MUST be paid for in full by then and order will be placed THAT day

Chris

oukie
16th August 2010, 03:09 PM
1. Oukie (Jae organiser)
2. Kate G
3. Danthrax
4. Monkeymax
5. Bill Hulme (PAID IN FULL)
6. Richard Brett (PAID IN FULL)
7. Tommundy (PAID IN FULL)
8. Debs (PAID IN FULL)
9. Superwhite90
10. Mk1bexwa *4

Updated list

Chris

oukie
16th August 2010, 03:50 PM
1. Oukie (Jae organiser) (PAID IN FULL)
2. Danthrax
3. Monkeymax
4. Bill Hulme (PAID IN FULL)
5. Richard Brett (PAID IN FULL
6. Tommundy (PAID IN FULL)
7. Debs (PAID IN FULL)
8. Superwhite90
9. Mk1bexwa *4

Updated list

Chris

Monkeymax
16th August 2010, 04:40 PM
Paid today. :+:
Ben, Kate... :( Sorry I won't see you guys there this year...
Ben - think of the Haribo Vodka! How could you miss it?! :lol:

oukie
16th August 2010, 04:55 PM
2. Danthrax
3. Monkeymax (PAID IN FULL)
5. Richard Brett (PAID IN FULL)
7. Debs (PAID IN FULL)
8. Superwhite90
9. Mk1bexwa *4

Updated list

Chris

AW11 Forever
17th August 2010, 07:06 PM
2. Danthrax
7. Debs (PAID IN FULL)
8. Superwhite90
9. Mk1bexwa *4

Chris,

Received your £21 paypal payment today

Cheers
Michael

superwhite90
18th August 2010, 12:27 PM
I take it we can't bring bottles of drink with us like the last two years?

tommundy
18th August 2010, 01:01 PM
I take it we can't bring bottles of drink with us like the last two years?
!!IMPORTANT!!

After the success last year we have decided to retain the policy on not allowing glass on to the site. Glass when broken is a menace and at a site where there are lots of children using the facilities both at our show and at other weekends means we cannot afford to allow glass on to site. In addition tyres aren't cheap and glass is prone to eating them as well !

Whilst we accept this may be inconvenient for some people we hope you understand the reasons why we are doing this and accept it is for very good reason. To confirm, drinking glasses wont be allowed nor will beer bottles and wine bottles. However spirit bottles will be allowed but these must be disposed of aproporiately. In addition no spirit bottles may left laying around on any club stand.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter and please pass this on to your club members.
So
NO drinking glasses
NO beer/cider etc. (glass) bottles
NO wine (glass) bottles

However
Bottles of spirits (glass) are okay so long as not left un-attended and have to be disposed of properly.

Cheers,
Tom

superwhite90
19th August 2010, 10:52 AM
Cheers mate!

I'll be pouring my cider into plastic bottles :+:

tommundy
19th August 2010, 10:59 AM
Aye, it'll be a crate of cans of some sort for me. :D

superwhite90
19th August 2010, 11:05 AM
2. Danthrax
7. Debs (PAID IN FULL)
8. Superwhite90 x 2 (PAID IN FULL) - paypal 19.08.10
9. Mk1bexwa *4

oukie
20th August 2010, 02:00 PM
2. Danthrax
7. Debs (PAID IN FULL)
8. Superwhite90 x 2 (PAID IN FULL) - paypal 19.08.10
9. Mk1bexwa *4 (PAID IN FULL) *4 tickets

oukie
30th August 2010, 02:49 PM
Hi, Could the following members contact me with their addresses via PM please.

I have the tickets

1. Monkeymax (PAID IN FULL)
2. Richard Brett (PAID IN FULL)
3. Debs (PAID IN FULL)
4. Superwhite90 x 2 (PAID IN FULL) - paypal 19.08.10
5. Mk1bexwa *4 (PAID IN FULL) *4 tickets

Chris

STUAW11
30th August 2010, 08:10 PM
Who came up with idea of not being able to take your car on the stand if your only going for one day :?: i can only make the saturday, as i did last year.

Im sure there would be more people on the list if it wasnt for this stupid idea :roll:

superwhite90
31st August 2010, 08:04 AM
Chris,

Any idea of when we'll receive the tickets this year? You know the farce of last year...

Do the tickets I've purchased cover the hogroast?

spudgun
31st August 2010, 09:07 AM
Who came up with idea of not being able to take your on the stand if your only going for one day :?: i can only make the saturday, as i did last year.

Im sure there would be more people on the list if it wasnt for this stupid idea :roll:

+!

oukie
1st September 2010, 10:26 PM
Who came up with idea of not being able to take your car on the stand if your only going for one day :?: i can only make the saturday, as i did last year.

That would be the japcarclub (JAE organisers) , Same as last year, you only got in due to their willy up,
Something to do with health and safety I imagine and public insureance etc

Chris

oukie
1st September 2010, 10:27 PM
Hi, Could the following members contact me with their addresses via PM please.

I have the tickets

1. Monkeymax (PAID IN FULL)
2. Superwhite90 x 2 (PAID IN FULL) - paypal 19.08.10

Chris

oukie
1st September 2010, 10:29 PM
Chris,

Any idea of when we'll receive the tickets this year? You know the farce of last year...

Do the tickets I've purchased cover the hogroast?

Alex If you would of read a post I made a few days ago you would of read my post above ^^^^^

Chris

oukie
3rd September 2010, 11:28 AM
Hi, Could you contact me ASAP with your address via PM please.

I have the tickets and I have posted all the others.

1. Superwhite90 x 2 (PAID IN FULL) - paypal 19.08.10

Chris

oukie
5th September 2010, 08:45 AM
Superwhite If you don't contact me by monday, I wont be posting your tickets, and you will have to get them at JAE

It will be a week ago tomorrow that I asked for the remainders addresses, everybody else has given me their address and I posted their tickets days ago, yet you asked me when they would be getting posted (without even reading me previous posts) and then disappear .

I can't post them if you don't give me your address :wave:

Chris

oukie
5th September 2010, 08:20 PM
All Tickets NOW posted :D

Chris

unowho
6th September 2010, 10:07 AM
Yep got my ticket, it was waiting for me upon my return yesterday :+:

Huge thanks to Chris (Oukie) on organising so far, see you guys bright and early :silent: Friday morning :crazy:

superwhite90
6th September 2010, 12:01 PM
Sorry for the delay Chris, as per our telephone conversation last night.

mk1bexwa
6th September 2010, 01:20 PM
I agree Chris has done a really good job. Thanks for posting the tickets so quickly.

I will see you all Friday night.

Regards,
Beckie.

oukie
7th September 2010, 02:22 PM
Hi Thanks

I will be leaving about 9am ish, so I expect to get there at 10 am :lol:

Chris

tommundy
7th September 2010, 10:52 PM
My ticket arrived Chris, cheers!

Is the Mk1 Club putting on any catering like the other clubs or shall I plan to bring enough food for all meals?

Cheers,
Tom

PS: I'm sure Bill, my adopted father, will provide me with a pork pie or two throughout the weekend. :+:

PPS: Where do we camp? It's my first time at JAE; which area should I aim for, to be close to us?

PPPS: What is our club pitch number?

superwhite90
8th September 2010, 08:05 AM
I got my ticket through yesterday as well, thanks chris :+:

Its part of the fun to find the stand tom lol I drove through several clubs last year lol

bill hulme
8th September 2010, 08:06 AM
Hi Chris, my ticket arrived OK, tom all the clubs camped around the back of the marque
last year there was a large B/Q going most of the time, I hope to arrive early Friday
9/10 ish, It was so organised last year. it will be a smashing show even if it rains,
the park is one off the best around. Scott Barton and friends make use all very welcome.
Bill.

tommundy
8th September 2010, 12:24 PM
Ok, cool.

I've just booked the Friday afternoon off work so should be there before 3pm instead of 7-8pm, woo!

See you all there!

PS: If anyone is tight on space for their stuff, I'll have plenty of room in my tent; it's a four man but I'll be on my tod :lol:

oukie
8th September 2010, 04:44 PM
My ticket arrived Chris, cheers!

Is the Mk1 Club putting on any catering like the other clubs or shall I plan to bring enough food for all meals?

Cheers,
Tom

PS: I'm sure Bill, my adopted father, will provide me with a pork pie or two throughout the weekend. :+:

PPS: Where do we camp? It's my first time at JAE; which area should I aim for, to be close to us?

PPPS: What is our club pitch number?

Hog roast will be provided on sat night free for all members who bought tickets through the mk1 club.

The camping will be on the mr2 village stand, Which as of today has been moved by the JAE organisers :evil: without even consulting either us or IMOC
So your guess is now as good as mine, as I knew where we were going but not sure now, I will be there from 10am so I will look out for any mk1's as far as I can tell its next to one of the main through roads so should not be to hard to find.

Chris

superwhite90
8th September 2010, 08:43 PM
Chris,

I have your number in case I get lost, but you'll hear me coming ;)

Tiger Tim
8th September 2010, 10:38 PM
Just got a cheap flight from Ireland to go to Beaulieu on Saturday. Hoping to get to JAE on Sunday & back thru' Luton. Will say hello if I make it.

Tim

superwhite90
9th September 2010, 08:01 AM
This is an emergency....

I had an altercation with a pigeon this morning - has anyone got passenger side wing mirror glass they can bring with them for me?

I'd be forever grateful!

unowho
12th September 2010, 07:42 PM
I would like to give a HUGE THANKYOU to Chris (Oukie) for organising this show, for this I am trully grateful :+: :+: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Debs

tommundy
13th September 2010, 03:36 AM
What a great weekend; I really enjoyed my first JAE!

It was great catching up with some old friends, especially the people that turned up out of the blue and also good to meet loads of new faces.

The IMOC & MR2 Mk1 Club stand got the best stand in show, which we were all over the moon with and there was a guy that had come from Austria who won a huuuuuuuge trophy for being the furthest travelled attendee. I was really chuffed with getting best modified Mk1 as there were a few other tasty motors in attendance.

The weather was fantastic and only gave us a bit of rain in the evening, but the sun dried all the tents out on Sunday ready for people to go home.

I didn't get any pictures so hopefully someone will be along with a collection.

Just setting now off for Brighton for the day (from York) then the 10:30pm ferry to France. :lol:

See you all next year or before!

Cheers,
Tom

Danthrax
13th September 2010, 08:33 AM
Was a great show and good to meet a few people :mrgreen:

looking forward to next year already.

No3157
13th September 2010, 05:17 PM
Well, what to say?? I had such a great weekend...to think I nearly didn't make it... :shock:

Absolutely STUNNING organisation by both clubs, and a fantastically well deserved award!! :+: :clap: :clap: :+:
Fookin' fantastic tent, food, sounds, events...and of course, some absolutely awesome people!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great turnout of Mk1s, too(albeit mostly white ones, lol)...nice to see more coupes than T-bars(rare), and so nice to see people weren't scared to bring their 'less than perfect' vehicles!! True JAE style-ee... :clap: 8-) :clap:

Oh, in no particular order(except whom comes to mind first), 'twas great to meet:

Debs
Bill
Tom
Dan
Alex's mate(Alex, tell him to get another AW!!)

...and of course was great to see Richard etc, once again!! :wave:

Oh, finally...

I would like to give a HUGE THANKYOU to Chris (Oukie) for organising this show, for this I am trully grateful :+: :+: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Slap bang on Debs... :clap: ...Chris, play it down all you want chap, but it just wouldn't be what it is without your organisational skills... :angel: ...we're ALL grateful to you!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Right, off of the soap box... :lol: ...ROLL ON JAE 2011!! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

bill hulme
13th September 2010, 09:13 PM
All I can add is you need to experience JAE. We had the best toilet and shower blocks
with cleaners the all the time well done to Wicksteed Park :+: :+: so clean.
some pics.
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/09/L1020134-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/09/IMG_3464-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/09/IMG_3471-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/09/IMG_3525-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/09/IMG_3560-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/09/IMG_3594-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/09/IMG_3485-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/09/IMG_3527-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/09/IMG_3591-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/09/IMG_3667-1.jpg
well done to all for a great show, Thanks also go to IMOC :clap: :clap: :clap:
Bill.

Danthrax
16th September 2010, 08:10 AM
I sorted my pics out last night and put them on bookface so add me - Dan Bull or faceboo.com/dannyb1984

superwhite90
16th September 2010, 03:14 PM
added

mine are on there too

unowho
16th September 2010, 05:33 PM
Mine are too, friend request put in for you two too :wave: :wave:

Debs