PDA

View Full Version : Another 80's Retro Racer .... in Northamptonshire

Speedracer_Dev
23rd September 2009, 09:19 AM
Hey Yall,

I'm Devan the proud new owner of (well picking it up Saturday).........

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1151274.htm
E999 JDL

I paid 1300 which I think is a good price?! It's rust free and unmarked throughout, I just wish it had black interior, then I could put the two tone black and white seats in.

This is my second MR2, my first one was D900 KCL, Mica Blue w/sunroof, anyone know where he is? It was rusting away with 155k on the clock when I sold it and promised it was going back on the road.

I was toying between an MR2 and an MX5 but was sold on an MR2 when I popped over to Kettering for the JAE. I met Max and had a good old natter, exchanging reasons why the MR2 is such a top mota, and saw what a good bunch of folk you all are. And it put a smile on my face when I test drove it.

I will be signing up as a member as soon as I take delivery and insure it.

Well I look forward to meeting the folks in the 'da club'.

Danthrax
23rd September 2009, 12:02 PM
Welcome! Nice looking motor you got there.

Monkeymax
23rd September 2009, 06:46 PM
:wave: Hello Dev!! :)

Welcome to the forum! Glad you got it, and as I said, it seems like you got a good one there! :+:
I look forward to seeing it in person sometime soon. It was a pleasure to talk to you - it's not often that a visitor at one of the shows knows enough to check under the dash for steering play!! :lol:

old petrolhead
29th October 2009, 02:57 PM
Welcome aboard. Where in Northants are you I am in Wellingborough. Send me a PM & a pint is in it for you sometime. :+: :D

crazylegs
29th October 2009, 03:01 PM
welcome, you are in safe hands now !!! :crazy: