PDA

View Full Version : Knebworth Classic Car Show, Sunday 29th/Monday 30th August

unowho
5th August 2009, 10:05 PM
Getting ready to start to organise this show again for this year, it's the Bank Holiday weekend, yes we have the Herne Bay Car Show on the Saturday, so could be an eventful Bank Holiday Weekend :+: :+:

More info at http://www.classicmotorshow.com/knebwor ... r-show.htm (http://www.classicmotorshow.com/knebworth-classic-motor-show.htm)

This event is literally just of Junction 7 of the A1(M).

It's a great show, a few of us went last year, and said we would return. You can do either day of both for those more adventureous ( we could go for the majority vote).

Yes this has a charge of £3 per car, but pretty sure if we can get enough to go I could wangle the Committee to ok this, via myself :shifty:

Also putting this to the South East crew.

So come on guys get your names down..........................

Tiny
5th August 2009, 10:24 PM
HAnts pageant is a goer debs Malc handed it over to me today ill have a definitive answer by midday tomorrow from organisers RE Hants Pageant and us

Kateg28
6th August 2009, 07:26 AM
Sunday 30th to Monday 31st August.

http://www.classicmotorshow.com/classic ... e-page.htm (http://www.classicmotorshow.com/classic-motor-shows-home-page.htm)

Anyone interested?

Definitely prefer Knebworth due to it's proximity. Although am happy to take my two tone car most places.

Tiny
6th August 2009, 08:59 AM
Slight problem with Knebworth

All Vehicles entered must be registered in this country up to 31 December 1984.

Kateg28
6th August 2009, 11:46 AM
how picky

:shock:

unowho
6th August 2009, 04:30 PM
We would also prefer Knebworth, due to locality.

Had an email reply, funnily enough asking our years!!!! but emailed back saying that they let us into Barleylands with no questions asked, awaiting a reply.......

unowho
6th August 2009, 09:58 PM
Well we have been accepted in Knebworth :clap: :clap:

So we are defo up for this :+:

Sending forms off today, requesting 5 tickets, think as Barleylands can turn up on the day also

Blue84
12th August 2009, 08:19 PM
I'm up for this! It will just be me, I imagine in my red MK1 :D It's 45 miles from here, so about an hour and 15 mins ish - between one of my Brother's house and my Sister.

Yves will try and be over, if he can - depends on what time he can get off work.

unowho
14th August 2009, 11:42 AM
Well the 5 tickets I pre-booked arrived yesterday, so all set for this little show now :clap: :clap:

unowho
24th August 2009, 10:23 PM
Latest -

Monday would be the best day for us, as Jinxy may have to work on Sunday, happy to meet people/s on route or in Stevenage for this, any ideas?

Debs

Blue84
25th August 2009, 10:28 PM
Yeah Monday seems fine to me, I would've preferred Sunday though.

I must say that I have hurt my ankle so I'm not driving much at the moment...or walking far but hopefully the pain will have eased off by the weekend.

Kateg28
26th August 2009, 07:33 AM
I spoke to Jinx last night but hadn't seen this post. I thought it was both days but have been invited out on Sunday so Monday good.

Let me know where and when to meet. :wave:

unowho
27th August 2009, 06:50 PM
How about meeting at the Mc Donalds on the Rush Green Roundabout on the A10?

Straight down the A10, come off at the Hertford turn-off, whizz round to McD's and then we can head off, meet say 9.00?

Debs

Blue84
27th August 2009, 09:10 PM
Yep fine for me, I am gonna try driving again on saturday so hopefully I'll be able to manage to come - I do want to, dieing for some MK1 action & mine is dusty but clean, the ankle is getting better tho..

I've still got Jinx's email with his phone number on it so if I have any probs I will text you anyway.

Is the McD's right near the roundabout?

unowho
27th August 2009, 09:21 PM
Yep fine for me, I am gonna try driving again on saturday so hopefully I'll be able to manage to come - I do want to, dieing for some MK1 action & mine is dusty but clean, the ankle is getting better tho..

I've still got Jinx's email with his phone number on it so if I have any probs I will text you anyway.

Is the McD's right near the roundabout?

Oh poor you, seen on FB ankle not good, hope it gets better :+:

As you come up the slip road, it's effectively the 4th exit, 3 are main roads and as you go round you can't miss it, also a Petrol Station

Fingers crossed for Monday

Kateg28
28th August 2009, 05:37 AM
I will be there!

Blue84
28th August 2009, 07:15 PM
I think I will be alright, it's a lot better now - gonna try driving tomorrow instead I think...

Just hope it doesn't storm like it is here at the moment

darryl
27th April 2010, 08:30 PM
hi i am a new member and if its not to late would like to bring my car along. if thats possible please let me know

thanks darryl

unowho
27th April 2010, 09:28 PM
hi i am a new member and if its not to late would like to bring my car along. if thats possible please let me know

thanks darryl

Hi Darryl

You must be physic (spelling!!!) This show is on again this year, August Bank Holiday, and was only talking to Chris (Oukie) on Sunday about attending the show again this year, as pretty local, just keep an eye out on here

Debs

oukie
3rd May 2010, 09:08 AM
Yeah was a great show even better when the event organisors put us besides the Ferrari owners club and they asked if they could put some ferrari's on our stand cause they had ran out of room,
I had a Dino 2 metre's from my car and a daytona right behind us :o :lol:

Darryl where in Bucks are you mate, I live in Bucks also, near the border with oxon.

Chris.

Blue84
6th June 2010, 11:28 AM
I'm up for this one again too, without fail I will be there!

unowho
25th July 2010, 10:25 AM
Sunday 29th/Monday 30th August 2010...........

So who's up for this event????

1. Debs

Blue84
25th July 2010, 11:45 AM
1. Debs
2. Tina

:D :D

old petrolhead
26th July 2010, 12:31 PM
1. Debs
2. Tina
3. Richard Brett

:D :D

Put me down for Sunday. Richard

Blue84
5th August 2010, 09:02 PM
This needs to be more people if possible, was a great show.

Also the photo's taken on entry and available to order were a right winner with me. Got two mugs, an ipod case and a glossy A4 print with my red one on it. Worth the money definitely.

There is a LOT of cars there, all sorts of them and we also had decent weather last year after a slightly gloomy start.

Couldnt recommend this one more :D

superwhite90
6th August 2010, 03:31 PM
I'm interested - broke up with my girlfriend yesterday so I need some car shows to keep my mind off things!

unowho
9th August 2010, 06:44 PM
I'm interested - broke up with my girlfriend yesterday so I need some car shows to keep my mind off things!

You are more than welcome to join us :+: , tis a great show :D

Reckon Sunday :+: :-: our best bet guys :wave: :wave:

Debs

Blue84
16th August 2010, 10:23 PM
Sunday is the best for us too.

unowho
18th August 2010, 04:56 PM
So all set for Sunday then,

1. Debs
2. Tina
3. Richard
4. Alex

STILL HAVE 2 SPARE TICKETS IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED :wave: :wave:

unowho
18th August 2010, 04:57 PM
So all set for Sunday then,

1. Debs
2. Tina
3. Richard
4. Alex

STILL HAVE 2 SPARE TICKETS IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED :wave: :wave:

Blue84
22nd August 2010, 08:31 PM
Shameless bounce!

My car will be clean outside, will get the inside looking a bit less dusty as it's got to that sort of level where you could write your name in it :lol:

it's not messy though!

unowho
25th August 2010, 04:41 PM
Alex and Tina, any suggestions on place to meet???? Show opens at 10.00 for the public.
One option is the McD's we met at last year or at the entrance to the show itself??
Richard already has his ticket.

Debs

Blue84
26th August 2010, 09:38 PM
that McD's is good for us, cant remember where it was though! :D

Would rather meet and go in together tbh, but depends on what the others want to do.

unowho
27th August 2010, 04:05 PM
Tina, Alex shall we say 9.15 at the Hertford Mcd's?

It literally straight downt the A10, come up the slip road signposted Hertford, and it's on the roundabout, 3rd exit, then that should get us to the show around 9.45.

My Mobile No: 0796 3082860

See you Sunday :+: :+:

Blue84
27th August 2010, 09:06 PM
Ok thanks :) will put your number in my phone.

Looking forward to it :)