PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all

Jay_1985
27th July 2009, 08:21 PM
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say Hi.

After 3 years of waiting I am now the proud owner of my first mk1 and its amazing!!

I have got myself a nice white 87 T-bar and its in good nick too, underneath is solid as a rock and drives great, spent the last week or so getting a few things sorted, such as rear caliper siezures etc, however, as this is my first mr2 and have no experience with these cars, how they should run, sound or feel I was wondering if there is anyone in or close to Huddersfield who would be willing to meet up for a chat and have a look over her with me? I would realy appreciate it if you could just to make sure everything is sound.

Cheers

Jamie

crazylegs
27th July 2009, 08:39 PM
Hi and welcome, there is bound to be someone who will be near you. :wave:

mister2
27th July 2009, 09:06 PM
Hello Jamie
Welcome to the club, i'm Fairly new myself but i have found the forum very useful, and the other members very helpful. one of my mk1's came from huddersfield when it was new, back in 1985, paragon garage, fartown, dont suppose its there now, just thought i'd mention it.
anyway anything you wanna know, post it on here, everyone seems very knowledgeable.
Good luck and happy motoring.
cheers trev.

Ben
27th July 2009, 09:22 PM
Hi Jamie,

Welcome to the club. Put your location in your profile so if you have any problems in future, people can see where you are and perhaps offer help :+:

Also, keep an eye on your area in the Events section for local meets. Any questions you have about the car just stick 'em up here and we'll see what we can do :+:

Jay_1985
27th July 2009, 09:36 PM
Thanks guys,

I have put my location up now, will deffo keep an eye out on upcoming events woudl be good to meet up with some of you guys

J

tommundy
30th July 2009, 08:08 PM
Hi Jamie,

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your purchase!

The guys and girls on here are great and are all very enthusiastic about mr2's and between all of us I think that we can solve most, if not all problems. :+:

As for a local meeting, keep your eyes peeled on the Yorkshire area forum as I'll be posting up a date for August's meet. We meet at Monk Fryston, west of Selby. It will be good to have a new face and we can compare 2's. :)

Anyway, enjoy the forums and your 2 and get involved with things. :+:

Cheers
Tom

old petrolhead
31st July 2009, 09:46 AM
Hi Jamie. I notice you list your location as Huddersfield/Northampton. I live in Wellingborough & would be happy to be of what assistance I can.

Cheers Richard :+:

mr2mk1chick
31st July 2009, 04:35 PM
Hiya and welcome :wave:

my nan lives near huddersfield, so if we come up in the '2 and have a spare mo' i will drop you a pm

kevs aw11
1st August 2009, 05:20 PM
Hi jamie
welcome mate all the help you need is just a click away
kev

Blue84
16th August 2009, 05:53 PM
Hiya

Welcome to the MK1 world.

Jay_1985
19th August 2009, 03:52 PM
Cheers Guys, just had another look at that post, :oops: didnt realise so many people had replied since i last looked

thank you all

hope to meet some of you soon :D

J