PDA

View Full Version : LeManX/MK1club Xmas Do Mickleover Court Derby 5/12/09

Tiny
20th July 2009, 12:53 PM
I know its early to be thinking about this but Early means cheaper.

For those that havent been before this is the hotel

http://www.menzies-hotels.co.uk/hotels/ ... derby.aspx (http://www.menzies-hotels.co.uk/hotels/derby/hotels-in-derby.aspx)

I have 20 rooms for Booking in friday leaving sunday morning

£70 per room inc breakfast (Hilton buffet style)

so £35 a head per night + £40 for the party

so for a couple its £220 for the weekend

We will sort out a Flexible itinery for the weekend involving runs out etc which will be purely voluntary as the hotel has some excellent facilities sucha as a full spa which all facilities apart from treatments are included in the Hotel price.

Friday Eve Arrive Drinks and catchup
Sat Breakfast and then Run out for the day Peaks are 15miles away so buxton and the cat and fiddle snake pass etc are all doable and highly recomended
Sat Eve Party
Sunday recover/chill spa then out for a pub lunch then depart for home etc.

Can i have a show of hands for who wants to go this year to the christmas party so i can let the hotel know numbers. Then ill get a booking ref so people who want to pay early can.

Inmates so far.

1. John (single room / sharing a twin) (Saturday only)
2. Reema & Chris (double room) (Saturday only)
3. Jinxy & Debs (double room) (Friday & Saturday)
4. Ben (single room / sharing a twin) (probably both)
5. Steve & Cathy (double room) (Friday & Saturday)
6. Pete & Niki (Double room) (Saturday only)
7. Jo & Garrick (no room) evening 'do' only
8. Tom & Hisano (Double room) (Friday & Saturday)

unowho
20th July 2009, 01:08 PM
Yep totally agree with having a MK1 Christmas Party, would be good to get as many people together as possible.

Depends on date though, as we are planning to go the Le Mans Xmas Party, which is the first weekend in December.

Debs

Handsome Rob
20th July 2009, 01:16 PM
Manchester is central?!

Personally, I'd go for somewhere out of Birmingham such as Burton on Trent... it's on the fringes of the Peak District.

Alternatively, maybe Chester - and we can go drive into North Wales.

Just my off-the-top-of-my-head 2p :)

Tiny
20th July 2009, 01:28 PM
Manchester is central when you include scotland and wales and northern ireland all places where we have members who may want to come.

Birmingham thats great for us down south takes the travelling time down to sub 3 hours but it adds an hour + 60miles for people coming from the north.

chester is a not bad suggestion for the north wales driving but in terms of travelling theres hardly any difference between that and manchester. :+:

AW11 Forever
20th July 2009, 03:36 PM
Really pleased someone has took the initiative to look at this nice and early, its brilliant that its not left to the main organisers to look after this one as its quite a time consuming event to get organised, having organised 3 national christmas parties for the club I know what its like.

In the past we have been to Derby ( Mickleover ), Loughborough and Coventry and all 3 were good parties within the hotel as part of their organised party nights and stay offers.

Prices have been around £49.50 for party and B and B per person, per night which is great value.

Like Debs said we plan to hold the Le Mans christmas get together the 1st week in December at a hotel near Donnington Park, what we could do is mix the 2 together, kill 2 birds with 1 stone if people didn't mind, the more the merrier, plus most people who attend the LM party are actually MK1 Club members :+:

Tiny are you looking after this for 2009.

Tiny
20th July 2009, 03:49 PM
Ill happily run with it for 09 :+: (does this mean im organising the LeMan one aswell?)

I dont see a problem combining the two as you say kill 2 birds with one stone lots of the people who come to Leman that dont own Mk1s are of the same slightly unhinged mindset that the Mk1 owners share.

Where we looking for the Leman chrimbo party then?
and are we doing one night or two to incorporate some form of drivout the following day? (subject to people passing a breathaliser test :P)

AW11 Forever
20th July 2009, 08:23 PM
What has happened in the past is meet Friday evening at hotel, drinks, have a drive out Saturday lunchtime, drinks, then meet up for pre dinner drinks, then party and more drinks, then bed. Sunday morning chill, swim in pool, gym etc, go for lunch in christmassy pub then depart for home.

Last year we had the LM party at the Mickleover Cout Hotel near Derby, on the Sunday we had a drive out to Matlock, was good even though we all got split up over the moors!

The possibilities are endless.

About 90% of the Le Mans crowd own or have owned MR2's, nice people who love a good knees up :o Wayne, Jinxy, Pete Hartley, Ki Williams to name a few of the MK1 Club people. We were looking at Donnington Park Hotels as its 10 minutes from M1 and has the museum open all year, however we are easy and will happily go with the majority.

Tiny
20th July 2009, 09:47 PM
What do people think to around donnington park? Those that went last year what did you think of the area and the Mickleover Court hotel/spa If people are happy with the Area then ill look for hotels in the area. :+:

AW11 Forever
21st July 2009, 06:09 PM
Mickleover Court Hotel in Mickleover Derby is a fab hotel, we have actually had 2 MK1 Club Xmas parties here and we used it last December for the Le Mans get together.

Its a nice, modern hotel with clean rooms, 2 bars, gym, sauna, swimming pool, spa and treatment rooms for the ladies, pampering, etc ( keeps them sweet :lol: )

We have had excellent deals in the past, £49.50 per night for the room based on 2 people sharing B & B for Friday and Saturday night and only £19.95 for the party night and meal. Debs is the queen for getting great room deals.

There is ample parking at the hotel with underground parking and a vallet service ( needs to be pre booked in )

Tiny
21st July 2009, 07:37 PM
well allow me to attempt to steal her crown :twisted:

AW11 Forever
22nd July 2009, 06:21 AM
Go for it buddy, I think their Christmans brochure is avilable online now, eed to get in there nice and early, try and push for £45 per room based on 2 people sharing.

Tiny
22nd July 2009, 12:30 PM
from speaking to Mickleover court and with a fair old amount of pushing

The accommodation prices you paid last year were £88B&B double occupancy and £64B&B single occupancy and this year we can offer £70B&B double and £60B&B single and we currently have x20 bedrooms available on Saturday 5th December

£45 is just not possible

plus its another £40 a head for the party

what do people think of this or shall i start looking elsewhere

tommundy
22nd July 2009, 12:35 PM
Go for it buddy, I think their Christmans brochure is avilable online now, eed to get in there nice and early, try and push for £45 per room based on 2 people sharing.
I paid £70 per night for our double room but haven't had the heart to say until now. :oops:

So, I'd push for that... hang on, just looked on their site and you can book B&B for £80 per double/twin per night or £60 for room only.

Get haggling! :)

Cheers
Tom

ETA: Mike was talking per person Tiny. :+: So accept that offer! Do they have rooms on the Friday night also?

Tiny
22nd July 2009, 12:39 PM
Yep thats 20 rooms for Booking in friday leaving sunday morning

£70 per room inc breakfast :+:

so £35 a head per night + £40 for the party

so for a couple its £260 for the weekend before drinks and other meals...... what do people think.

tommundy
22nd July 2009, 12:47 PM
£220 sir.

Tiny
22nd July 2009, 12:51 PM
DoH i really need some sleep! £220 :oops:

unowho
22nd July 2009, 01:43 PM
from speaking to Mickleover court and with a fair old amount of pushing

The accommodation prices you paid last year were £88B&B double occupancy and £64B&B single occupancy and this year we can offer £70B&B double and £60B&B single and we currently have x20 bedrooms available on Saturday 5th December

£45 is just not possible

plus its another £40 a head for the party

what do people think of this or shall i start looking elsewhere

Good price?, on works out at £35 per night for double?

Might be worth looking else where though, if they only have 20 rooms left

Tiny
22nd July 2009, 01:57 PM
35 a head pernight Plus party :+:

I said we wanted x20 rooms that was the price for 20 rooms i thought 20 rooms would have been enough

they have about 35 rooms free. :+:

AW11 Forever
23rd July 2009, 06:07 AM
Yup 20 rooms should be enough, £70 per night B abd B is a good deal for a place like the mickleover and the facilities they offer. You can get to it in about 30 mns from M1 and a trip to Matlock Spa could be in he offering again.

£40 per head for the party is a bit steep like, I'm sure we paid alf that last year and previous years, do they have in house entertainment for the party night?

Its a thumbs up from me :+:

Tiny
23rd July 2009, 08:33 AM
its £40 for the friday and saturday Evening parties there is one on the sunday night for £20 but thats no good.

Tiny
27th July 2009, 11:02 AM
for those that havent been before this is the hotel

http://www.menzies-hotels.co.uk/hotels/ ... derby.aspx (http://www.menzies-hotels.co.uk/hotels/derby/hotels-in-derby.aspx)

Can i have a show of hands for who wants to go this year to the christmas party so i can let the hotel know numbers.

I have contacted stumr2sc the chairman to see if i can have copy of the members list so i can send an invitation to all the club members not just us forum junkies. :+:

Mods is there a way i can send Everyone registered to the forums a PM telling them about it too?

unowho
27th July 2009, 02:35 PM
1. Jinxy & Debs :+:

AW11 Forever
27th July 2009, 03:58 PM
It might be worth getting an advert in the next mag issue, that will let everyone in the club know.

Tiny
3rd August 2009, 03:09 PM
Attendees so far.

mr2mk1chick
3rd August 2009, 03:11 PM
way i can send Everyone registered to the forums a PM telling them about it too?
This will be discussed - you can chat via pm so not to distract from the event thread

sunsetjoe
3rd August 2009, 05:19 PM
We live in Derby and would love to join Party / run. Date critical though as Xmas books up. Look forward to seeing what you settle on!

Handsome Rob
3rd August 2009, 06:00 PM
I'd like to come for the weekend, price pending - I'm rather confused by all the numbers being thrown around willy-nilly on the thread......

From what I can deduce, single room for weekend = £35 x 2 + £40 = £110 + fuel = £140 at least......

Tiny
3rd August 2009, 07:58 PM
Sorry for the confusion :oops:

The rooms are £70 a night B&B (double occupancy either a double bed or a twin) or £60 (single) the Party is £40 a head

so if your 2 people coming for the full weekend of Friday night and Saturday night + Party then it will be a cost of £220 payable to the Hotel.

Broken down (based on 2 people sharing a twin room or a couple in a double) its £35 per head per night + £40 each for the party. :+:

Sunsetjoe the party is on the 5th of December the Saturday night. Although there will be Mk1/Leman presence at the hotel from the Friday night-Sunday as some people are travelling a long way and will be making a weekend of it.

:+:

fowl
5th August 2009, 04:36 PM
I'm still a little confused! Is the party night for both nights or just for the Saturday? Last year we just did the Saturday night but managed to gatecrash another on the Friday i think :D Maybe thats why the price is highr than last year for the party, or am i being dumb or numb, whatever goes best for me!!

Tiny
5th August 2009, 08:42 PM
the official party laid on by the hotel which your paying £40 each for is on the 5th Saturday evening. Friday night will just be a gathering in the hotel bar for drink and a catchup and some LemanX planing

Tiny
6th August 2009, 02:16 PM
I Have provisionally held 16 rooms with 30 places at the party these are being held on a No charge basis until Sepember the 15th. On or around this date attendees will have to contact the hotel to confirm and book giving their details (No Money has to change hands at this point you can even pitch up on the night and pay) but if you pay then or any time before hand your not being stung for the costs 3 weeks before christmas.

Get your Names down!

mr2mk1chick
6th August 2009, 04:59 PM
Get your Names down!

tommundy
6th August 2009, 05:28 PM
Get your Names down!

:D

fowl
6th August 2009, 06:01 PM
Get your Names down!

:D
great you are coming again this year, you both were so much fun last year! We just need more people to join in but we all know we will have a great time whatever!

fowl
6th August 2009, 06:05 PM
Wheres the Sheavills, they know they love this hotel!

tommundy
6th August 2009, 06:31 PM
great you are coming again this year, you both were so much fun last year! We just need more people to join in but we all know we will have a great time whatever!
Aye, we couldn't miss it after last year!

It will be good to catch up. :+:

Come on people, more names down! :D

Cheers
Tom

Frogge
14th September 2009, 09:25 PM
If there's still room, put Frogge & Celina down for it. We should be arriving on the Friday.

AW11 Forever
15th September 2009, 02:49 PM
Might not be able to make this one guys :o :o

Some of you already know we are having a baby so its looking like all Club activities are cancelled for now, I'm already working on a plan to be at Le Mans in 2010 :+: don't ask!!

unowho
15th September 2009, 09:55 PM
Sorry to say Jinx and I may not be able to make either :-: , if we can it will be a very lst minute thing as Jinxy has no holiday left, so unless we can magic a few extra days :crazy:

Monkeymax
15th September 2009, 10:27 PM
Last year was great. :+:
Unfortunately this year there's pretty much no way I'd be able to afford the hotel... :(
However, i'll mention it to Sash next time I see her (later this week) to see if she wants to join, given she'll actually be able to drive this time!!! :lol:

AW11 Forever
16th September 2009, 02:58 PM
With Joanne not drinking we might be able to get a cheap travelodge £19 per night jobby nearby, therefore we could drive to the Mickleover, just thinking out loud, realy want to attend, never missed one!

Monkeymax
16th September 2009, 03:30 PM
Now there's an idea... :think:

pkmr2
23rd September 2009, 01:52 PM
Hi everyone long time no see hope we can get some more names down on this list will be a great chance to catch up with everyone again.

Anyone from the south east coming??!!

Pete.

Handsome Rob
23rd September 2009, 09:35 PM
I'm hoping to :)

tommundy
27th October 2009, 01:44 PM
Any updates? It's only a month or so away now.

I'll not be able to make both nights now, but hopefully come down on the Friday night after work and stay until Saturday afternoon. Will we be having a drive out on the Saturday as well as Sunday or just chilling out on the Saturday?

Cheers
Tom

pkmr2
27th October 2009, 02:53 PM
Sorry guys can't make this doo now due to circumstances beyond my control,gutted, have fun! Hope to see you all next year!

Handsome Rob
9th November 2009, 01:50 PM
What's happening with this? It's the same day as the Club Expo which some of the Committee are going to.

R

AW11 Forever
9th November 2009, 04:12 PM
theres only about 4 people got their names down, is it still happening?

unowho
9th November 2009, 11:05 PM
All I know is that the delightful BSK alias Steve Kingsnorth is still going and taking Cathy along, as it's her birthday

AW11 Forever
10th November 2009, 05:34 PM
Bens going, who else??

Handsome Rob
10th November 2009, 06:56 PM
Me..... :)

AW11 Forever
11th November 2009, 05:39 PM
Party list

Ben
BSK & Cathy ( Big Steve Kingsnorth )
Rob

Anyone else going?

AW11 Forever
15th November 2009, 09:45 AM
I understand this event has now been cancelled, please can we have confirmation :-:

mr2mk1chick
17th November 2009, 06:44 PM
What's happening with this? It's the same day as the Club Expo which some of the Committee are going to.

R
the main plan for the xmas 'do' is the evening, so shouldn't clash with that too much - just put the pedal to the metal ;)

I'd presumed the lough committee /and area peeps were going (but some don't post on here)
It would be a shame to cancel at last min for those still going. you don't need to have a massive do. any gettogether is always nice.
i'm just gutted i couldn't go (work committments)

edit: just a quick Q: why would it be cancelled without warning or asking anyone on here?
has the place gone bust or something