PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool Mr2 Owners - Can anyone help?

mikefedo
17th July 2009, 02:49 AM
Hi Gang

A few months ago I mentioned that my car got badly damaged following a bungled break in.

The car was taken away by my insurance company after it was claimed it was beyond economic repair.

When I took out the insurance I valued the car at a fare value of £1500.

It is a white Mk1 b T Bar, perfect arches, extremely well looked after with service history.

You can imagine how unhappy I am that after waiting several months they have come back with an offer of £500.......

I intend to tell them where to go and shove the offer.

I plan on getting the car back now and buy the parts through the club.

However, the car will be out of MOT and Tax and I have nowhere to put her,

Does anyone out there have any space for my baby?????????????? that is until I can get some of the parts so as I can get her MOT'd

Kind Regards

Mike.

Ben
17th July 2009, 06:21 AM
Mike, I'm sure you're on tha case already, but don't accept the first offer from the insurance company. Trawl through the small ads and find examples of cars in similar condition/spec to yours and use them to show the insurance company that they go for more money than that (IIRC when Jo lost her SC she used a lot of the old completed ads from Imoc as well).

If you're persistent you should get a much higher offer than £500 :+:

mikefedo
17th July 2009, 11:53 PM
Hi Ben

Thank you for the reply.

Well, I have already forwarded the complete portfolio that I have built up with the car which includes tons of receipts for work undertaken and Toyota service history.

I sent in copies of adverts with cars of a similar condition, age and mileage. To be honest I think my price of £1500 was fair as I have seen cars listed at over £2500.

They are not budging on the offer.

I have been on to the Financial Services Ombudsman website and this type of thing is rife.

People take out policies after estimating the price of their car and then insurance agencies only offer what they deem as market value.

This is very misleading as people believe (like myself) that when your car is damaged beyond repair that you can replace your car like for like. How wrong this is.

The insurance ombudsman says that insurance companies should omit this section of the policy.

So I guess its yet another rule for them and one for us.

Take note of your policies fellow Mr2 Owners.

Mike Davies.

mk1 dal
20th July 2009, 12:39 AM
hi sorry to hear about your car ,typical insurance company take your money and then take the p**s , these cars are going up in value i sold mine for over £2000 and still cheap at that considering they are now becoming the most sort after car of the eighties ( 152 watches on ebay)after the auction finished i got more higher offers off people wanting to buy the car to out do winning bidder ,so the book price on these doesn't mean anything and its now a modern classic which aged 30 + people want and are prepared to pay the money to get a good example. whats the damage on your car, as it wont take much to write a car off nowadays at the prices body shops charge insurance companies to fix things , good luck anyway don't let the robbing swines beat, you can get more than twice that breaking it .

gary :+: :+: :+:

mikefedo
21st July 2009, 10:31 PM
Hi Gary

Thank you very much for your comments, I really appreciated it.

I have just bought a rear quarter glass panel and shall be doing my best to get the remaining parts.

Mike.