PDA

View Full Version : Race approved cages

mr2mk1chick
8th July 2009, 02:22 PM
How much and who makes/installs the race approved cages?

is there any difference between the cages for either race series?

MartG
8th July 2009, 06:34 PM
Patrick should be able to tell you, as he prepares cars for both series. IIRC the ones for the 750 run Championship are FIA approved, but some of the Challenge ones aren't

mr2mk1chick
9th July 2009, 12:04 PM
Patrick should be able to tell you, as he prepares cars for both series. IIRC the ones for the 750 run Championship are FIA approved, but some of the Challenge ones aren't
yeah - i keep meaning to get in touch with him. just must get round to it.

Hybrids
10th July 2009, 07:43 PM
IIRC the ones for the 750 run Championship are FIA approved, but some of the Challenge ones aren't

Can you shed more light on the difference ?

MartG
15th July 2009, 07:40 PM
IIRC the ones for the 750 run Championship are FIA approved, but some of the Challenge ones aren't

Many of the cars running in the Challenge use cages supplied by Red Dragon Automotive ( Steve Vince ) which haven't had their design & manufacture approved by the FIA. I believe the ones supplied via Rogue are made to FIA spec.

omracing
15th July 2009, 10:04 PM
Quick question why would you want a FIA roll cage if you're not competing in FIA events ? :think: Bit of an overkill

The MR2 Racing series cages are supplied by Stoner Racing.

mr2mk1chick
16th July 2009, 12:35 PM
Quick question why would you want a FIA roll cage if you're not competing in FIA events ? :think: Bit of an overkill

The MR2 Racing series cages are supplied by Stoner Racing.

I am thinking of competing, and am trying to work out costs etc :+:

Hybrids
16th July 2009, 05:32 PM

Many of the cars running in the Challenge use cages supplied by Red Dragon Automotive ( Steve Vince ) which haven't had their design & manufacture approved by the FIA. I believe the ones supplied via Rogue are made to FIA spec.

Without trying to turn this into a p*****g match, I doubt the cages from P&P that supply Rogue are FIA homologated, no more than the RDRTC ones are, they are all made from FIA approved CDS, but as far as I am aware non of the Mk1 cages carry ROPS id plates.
I would gladly be proved wrong.

Just to clarify for anyone interested in either series both Rogue supplied and RDRTC/Stoner racing supplied cages are MSA approved for use in the UK

mr2mk1chick
17th July 2009, 12:11 PM
^^ thx for that. I presumed the cages would have plates on them or something.
okay - i'll get quotes from stoner & rouge :+: