PDA

View Full Version : Hello from as far north as you can go

mon867
24th June 2009, 02:38 AM
Hi all
My name is Monica and I have a 1987 Mk1 1.6 T Bar in red. The poor car has seen better days unfortunately, it was originally silver and someone resprayed it red and didn't do the hidden parts like in behind the bonnet, etc! They have tried to do the rear arches and it looks like it's been filled with mashed tatties or something! I put it through a test last year after replacing the steering rack, suspension and complete exhaust, it also needed extensive welding underneath. It runs away very well and I love driving it. I also have a mk1 golf cabrio so the car doesn't get a lot of running. It has 103k miles on it.
I think there is one other mk1 mr up this way but they're very scarce now and my one may not last much longer either! The last time I had it on the road was december 08 and more holes are starting to appear almost on a daily basis. She was vandalised being coined badly up one side and the tyres cut in december so she has been laid up til now. I just lashed some paint on the scratches and put new tyres on :oops: haven't done anything else to her. I guess she's not a very clean model but I would be interested in some of the meets if I am allowed to go in the state she's in!!
Great forum by the way!

Ben
24th June 2009, 12:38 PM
Hi Monica :wave:

Welcome to the forum - you'll find it a wealth of information to help you get your MK1 back into tiptop condition. :D Check out your area in the Local Area meets section to see what's going on. Don't be shy about the condition of your car - we're not exactly snobby here ;) I had mine on a club stand a few weeks ago complete with rusty quarters and several different shades of white on my paintwork.

Get some pics up so we can have a look, especially any "before and after" ones so we can see what work has been done. You also may get some tips on any repairs that may need doing.

Enjoy the club :+:

mr2mk1chick
24th June 2009, 01:37 PM
Hiya and welcome :wave:

as already mentioned, you will be most welcome at any meet or show with a mk1 in any condition.
I had our tatty old track car on show a tatton recently.

check out the local area section, but also try to pick a show to go to too :+:

mon867
25th June 2009, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, I hope there will be something I can go to in the Aberdeenshire area or further north if it's possible. 8-)

mr2mk1chick
29th June 2009, 05:57 PM
If you like organising things, you could try setting up a meet (in the scotland section) to see if there is any interest for those 'oop north' to meet up.
just pop a post up there

mon867
2nd July 2009, 03:11 PM
Here's my car, I have put these wheels on it and the stripes have now been removed.

***Mod edit - pic too big. See pic below***

I hope this works as I am not sure how to post pics.

crazylegs
2nd July 2009, 05:42 PM
we`ve spoken already but welcome aboard. :)

Ben
2nd July 2009, 06:57 PM
It's worked, but it's too big ;)

Can you re-size it to 800 x 600 please? :angel:

mon867
3rd July 2009, 07:43 AM
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/07/NewImage-1.jpg :+:

Ben
3rd July 2009, 02:42 PM
Thank you :D

Looks like a nice one. What are those wheels though? I'm sure I've seen another member on here with similar ones... :think:

Handsome Rob
3rd July 2009, 03:21 PM
You thinking of me, Ben dude? Mine are similar, but dished. I had some similar to that on my Astra, can't think for the life of me what they're called. Team Dynamics something or others.

mon867
3rd July 2009, 03:30 PM
It looks fantastic in pictures or if it's raining but not in real life! :cry:

The wheels were ones I had bought for a 325 sport BMW E30 I used to have about 7 years ago. The standard wheels on the MR were in pretty bad shape so luckily these ones fitted. They are OZ F1 cups 17", I think a little large for the poor car but a vast improvement on what it was like.

Ben
3rd July 2009, 04:29 PM
You thinking of me, Ben dude? Mine are similar, but dished. I had some similar to that on my Astra, can't think for the life of me what they're called. Team Dynamics something or others.

Yup, that's the one :+:

I knew it was another white one.