PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans 7th-14th June 2010

AW11 Forever
20th June 2009, 11:22 AM
All the info for the 2010 LM event can be found on IMOC due to this not being specifically a MK1 Club event.

Get your names down for a truely amazing experience !!

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=119529

unowho
20th June 2009, 01:46 PM
Jinxy and I got home yesterday :-: from another excellent trip, this has got to be one of the best trips, anyone could ever do, great company, friends from far and wide, brilliant camp site (alothough only of you like very cold showers :shifty:), fantastic racing, and another wonderful Bolt-On Trip.

We are down for next years trip already.

AW11 Forever
4th July 2009, 06:35 AM
I've posted a few pictures of this years event just to wet your appetites a little.

We need to keep the thread on IMOC as it isn't a MK1 Club evnt as such, just in case you were wondering why it's posted there, this year we had a nice selection of MK1's, MK2's and 2 Roadsters.

28 people already booked for 2010 is testament to what a fabulous event this is.

AW11 Forever
26th August 2009, 03:32 PM
I understand TOYOTA could possibly be racing 2010

mr2mk1chick
27th August 2009, 01:37 PM
can you post a link to the imoc thread in your first post please :+:

AW11 Forever
27th August 2009, 06:08 PM
Will do :+:

AW11 Forever
31st December 2009, 02:56 PM
Plans have started for the 2010 LM run thanks to club members over on facebook, it looks like parking, camping, hotels on way down and back and ferries have already been booked, talk about being organised.

As previously stated this is not specifically a MK1 Club only event anymore, due to its popularity it got to a stage where members of IMOC wanted to come, then ROC and eventually friends of MR2 owners wanted to come in their cars, so to date we now see people come in whatever they want. So to sum up this event is open to any sportscar owners and is simply called The LM 2010 Tour ( took me ages to think of that )

There is no main organiser for this trip, its all organised by the individual themselves, ferry, hotels, tickets and camping, they good news is its my 10th year attending Le Mans and will give you all the information and advice that youcould possibly require.

We have an agenda, feel free to follow it or simply arrange it yourself, however here goes.

Day 1 Monday 7th June
Meet at the Premier Inn hotel in Dover, price per room £69

Day 2 Tuesday 8th June
Depart from Dover 7.00am with LD Line ferries to Boulogne, £36 return at the time of booking. Travel to Chateau de Chanteloup in Sille-le-Phillippe ( 15 minutes from circuit ) for a 6 night stay, as a guide its roughly £70 per tent for the stay based on 4 tents sharing 1 plot/pitch

Day 3,4,5 Wednesday 9th June - Friday 11th June
Freetime, plenty to do in the Loire Valley

Day 6,7 Saturday 12th - Sunday 13th June
Le Mans 24 Heures Du Mans 2010

Day 8 Monday 14th June
Leave campsite and travel to Boulogne for a 1 night stay in Premiere Classe Boulogne Hotel in Boulogne, just off the A16, price at the time of booking is £34

Day 9 Tuesday 15th June
Leave Boulogne on 10.45am ferry to Dover and then onwards to home destinations

Please get in touch if you require more information

michaelsheavills@btinternet.com

AW11 Forever
6th April 2010, 05:44 PM
Can we have a show of hands from the MK1 owners who are attending Le Mans this year so we can arrange the camping

Cheers

unowho
6th April 2010, 05:54 PM
Can we have a show of hands from the MK1 owners who are attending Le Mans this year so we can arrange the camping

Cheers

:wave: :wave: :wave: that'll be me then :wave: :wave: :wave:

sloopeh
6th April 2010, 06:20 PM
i was planning on le mans next year as my car needed so much work i thought it might take me a year. a few months later on and it might be ready in a few weeks.

how far too late am i for le mans this year? :)

AW11 Forever
6th April 2010, 06:34 PM
Nope not to late at all, the 1st year I went I ony decided I was going 1 week before the race.

AW11 Forever
6th April 2010, 06:36 PM
Just to let you know Premier Inn have an offer for rooms for £29 at the Dover A20 branch, £40 cheaper than the rooms we have booked at the Eastern Dock.

So with this in mind I've cancelled my room at Eastern Dock and booked a room 3 miles up the road for £29, there is a Beefeater restaurant next door.

Michael

Widster
6th May 2010, 09:13 AM
I've booked to go with a friend in my mk1b for the first time this year. We're stopping at blue nord and will be getting there on the Thursday. Any other mk1'ers camping?

mistertwokw
6th May 2010, 03:53 PM
I think were all staying at the Chataue, its approx 20 mins drive from the circuit, hopefully we will see you about though. :+:

AW11 Forever
7th May 2010, 08:58 PM
Yea pop over for a beer, the MK1 club is camping at Le Chateau de Chanteloup in a small village called Sille-le-Phillippe, its on the bonnetable road, about 15-20 mins from track.

Failing that you are bound to see up about the cicuit Thursday, Friday and on race weekend as we are parking in the white car park.

unowho
9th May 2010, 02:38 PM
Right getting back on track, as I have changed me mind ( a women's perogative, I do believe :crazy: ) and am now going :+: :+:

Just to say 3 pitches reserved and full already :+:

4 weeks to go :clap: :clap: :clap:

sloopeh
29th June 2010, 06:37 AM
slight delay

pics are up

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sloopeh/se ... 155912971/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/sloopeh/sets/72157624155912971/)

the blue mk1 with the viper stripes was an mot failure due to the rear of the car disintegrating and was only there courtesy of a few people on here who helped me fix it and http://www.mig-welding.co.uk :)