PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive MR2 Trackday Weekender (All MR2 Clubs) 17+18th Oct

mr2mk1chick
12th June 2009, 06:47 PM
Exclusive MR2 Track Day / Double-header
Anglesey Circuit

CONFIRMED!!!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/06/AngersArial-1.jpg

Concept:

Finally a trackday on a proper circuit that for less than an Airfield Day!

A track day weekend experience spread over a full weekend at the Anglesey Circuit where the 1st day is run exclusively for the MR2 Clubs.

The idea is to run a full day where 1st timers, novices, intermediate and advanced track-dayers within a single-make can experience a full open pitlane track day from £99.00 – That’s better airfield day pricing on a decent circuit! Absolute Bargain!

The usual BookaTrack refinements will be at hand with the circuit fully marshaled by FIA/MSA accredited marshals and with BaT staff on hand to offer any advice. Also fully qualified ARDS Instructors available to any who want tuition.

On the first day (Saturday) we will utilize two layouts at the circuit simultaneously – One for 1st timers & novices and the other for intermediates & advanced.

On the second day, there is option to book in with other BaT customer on the full International GP Layout and also receive trackday credit to use at a future BaT trackday.

Also planned is one or more cottages to rent for club members exclusively for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights making it a whole weekend social event.

When:
Saturday 17 & Sunday 18 October 2009

Where:
Anglesey Circuit, Ty Croes, North Wales, LL63 5TF

Price:
From £99.00. Details below.

Saturday Program

Price:
We are trying to keep the prices as low as possible for the full day per car & 1 additional driver. To get these prices we need 65+ cars.
If we don’t get the numbers, we will need to look at opening it up to other clubs.

1st Timers & Novices - £99.00 (with £20 Club Voucher)
Intermediate / Advanced - £129.00 (with £20 Club Voucher)

Please register interest by booking directly on BookaTrack’s website at http://www.bookatrack.com. You can either show interest by provisionally booking or paying in full but before making the payment, please PM System-G (http://www.mr2mk1club.com/forum/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=97) for you Voucher code. Vouchers are only issued to members of the partcipating MR2 Clubs.
You can only pay in full. BaT do not accept deposits or part payments.
Payment in full can be done at a later time and/or date as the provisional booking is retained with your Logon

1st Timers & Novices:

Club Circuit
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/06/Club-1.jpg

We will use the Club Layout above for 1st timers & Novices. The layout may look quite simple, but Church corner (long right hander at bottom left of pic above) is one of the fastest corners on any UK circuit and also features the BookaTrack Banking – a banked (you’d never have thought it!) long hairpin. Turn 1 past the pitlane exit has also presented itself as challenging – especially amongst some RWD cars.

The idea is to introduce the newcomers to trackdays on a safe, easy flowing circuit where we can put emphasis on correct lines, braking and general car control at speed with other drivers of equal experience. Some of the day can be dedicated to classroom style instruction for those that feel they need that bit more. ARDS instructors will also be available to go out with you in your car showing you the ropes or giving advice where needed.

Intermediate & Advanced:

National Circuit
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/06/National-1.jpg

We will be using the National Layout above for the Intermediate & Advanced drivers. The layout is similar in length to the original circuit at Anglesey and still features the infamous School Corner – another of the UK’s faster corners which is only just preceded by a ¼ mile downhill straight. The layout also features the Rocket complex which is great for getting the back end out if your talents allow.

The straights either side of the hairpin also allow the more powerful cars to stretch their legs a bit and allow for safe overtaking on the smooth 12m wide circuit. It also has reminiscence of the original Anglesey circuit with spectacular views and gradients.

Drivers:
As with all BaT days a second driver is FREE. If both drivers are experienced trackdayers or both novices why not split the costs and share you time on track?
If one of the drivers is experienced and the other a novice, then book the National circuit, but at sign-on on the day have your second driver sign on as a novice so he/she can take the car out on the Club circuit and have the benifit of track time without feeling presurised by the quicker, more experienced.
Ideal for those who have partners who often feel excluded at car events!
Additonal drivers (3 or 4 per car) is allowed, but normal charges apply - £50.00 per driver.

Tuition:
ARDS instructors will also be available for those who want pointers or feel they need to hone in one their skills.
Tuition with the ARDS instructors can be booked in advance for either day or on the day. Although advanced bookings are strongly recommended. Novices are entitled to a second session of tuition on the 17th FOC. You will need to email Jonny after making your first booking. (Please PM me for his email address or contact him through the BaT website)

And

If that wasn’t enough for the one day, we have the opportunity to stretch onto day 2:

Sunday Program

Price:

The normal price is £195.00 full day open pitlane using the GP Circuit. Bookings need to on the BookaTrack website at http://www.bookatrack.com.

The day will also be open to other BookaTrack customers and their cars But we have a deal where it is open to club members that feel the previous day’s layout/activities just isn’t for them or members who want to expand on the previous day’s activities.

Members that booked on the Saturday exclusivity day will be entitled to a £20.00 discount – making the day £175.00 or pay in full (£195.00) and a £20.00 BookaTrack credit voucher will be issued that can be used at an event within 8 months should you feel you or your car may not be up to two successive days on circuit.

International GP
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/06/AngleseyGP-1.jpg

The International GP layout is regarded as one the best of the layouts at the circuit and fast earning a reputation of one of the best circuits in the country. It incorporates the high-speed Church corner, Rocket goonability (kicking the rear out), awesome views of the whole circuit and surrounding as you come out of Peel and over the brow. It also features a couple of long straights broken up by the Hairpin for those interested in straight-line spead/accelleration. A truly awesome circuit.

Accommodation / Catering

Accommodation

In the past we have traditionally hired one or more large cottages to house all interested parties and their guests.
This makes for an excellent time to get to know your fellow club members outside of normal motoring activities.

The cottages are self catering. The first night – Friday some of the ladies usually prepare a chili or spagbol. The second night we usually do a large takeout – Indian / Chinese / Pizza etc…and for the hardcore staying the Sunday night, we sometimes find somewhere nice (but not budget blowing) to eat out.

Typical costs for cottag accommodation will around £60.00 per person for the full weekend (Food not included). Unfortunately there is no single night option. Pricing still to be confirmed though.

Accommodation & Off-Circuit food plans are subject to interest so please let us know your interest sooner than later so we can get somewhere booked before its too late!

Naturally you are welcome to arrange your own accommodation etc…

Circuit Food
Anglesey has one of the best burger vans at UK Circuits. It serves the usual burger van refinements from breakfast until the close of the day. There is also a newly re-opened diner planning on serving more traditional sit-down type meals although this is yet to be confirmed by the circuit.

Other
As this is a BookaTrack event, the usual circuit side support will be available for some mechanical assistance, tyre changes (please pre-book tyres or bring along a spare set) or general advice on car set up.

The fleet of BookaTrack Caterhams will also be available should any member choose to hire one for a full or half day on either of the days. Caterham hire enquiries need to be dealt with BookaTrack directly.

There will also be motorsport photographers at each event and are able to supply you with all your photos from the day on CD-ROM or USB memory stick. This service can be pre-booked via the website or paid on the day.

Friends of MR2’s are also welcome to sign up for the event, but please note that spaces will be allocated to MR2 owners first.

BookaTrack Terms & conditions apply - Please read them here:
http://bookatrack.com/-pb_Terms-&-Conditions?44

The FAQ page also makes good bed time reading:
http://bookatrack.com/-pb_Frequently-Asked-Questions?43

mr2mk1chick
3rd September 2009, 08:56 AM
The updated attendee list is on imoc, and i've copied it here:

"Members who have showed an interest really need to get paid up before we loose the format of what is planned.

If you know novices from any car club that may be interested, send them my way or to trhe forum to show interest

I have emailed for accommodation, but still need an idea on who needs accomodation. Please let me know ASAP whether you'd need a single (and if a shared twin will be OK) or double (if you'll have a partner with you).

Driver Lists

Saturday - National:
1] Phil & Vix - Red MK1 (Confirmed)
2] Simon Wilshaw - Gold Rev5 Tubby (Prov)
3] Chris & Keith - Black MK1 (Prov)
4] Toni G - White MK1 SC (Prov)
5] Neil L - Silver MK1 20V (Prov)
6] Si C - TBA (Prov)
7] Jonathan D - Red MK2 Tubby (Prov)
8] Guy & Farah - Red MK1 (Prov)
9] Chris A - White MK1 V6 (Prov)
10] MartG - Red/Black MK1 (Prov)
11] Chris & Cassi - Black MK1 (Prov)
12] Me & Jo - Black MK1 (Staff)

Saturday - Club:
1] Barry H - White MK2 N/A (Confirmed)
2] John M - Blue MK2 Tubby (Confirmed)
3] Scott B - Black MK2 Tubby (Confirmed)
4] Need Loads more!

Sunday International:
1] Christian T - Red MK2 Tubby (Confirmed)
2] Phil & Vix - Red MK1 (Confirmed)
3] Si C - TBA (Prov)
4] Jonathan D - Red MK2 Tubby (Prov)
5] Guy & Farah - Red MK1 (Prov)
6] Hydar K - MK1 V6? (Prov)
7] John M - "TBA" (Prov)
8] Me & Jo - Black MK1 (Staff)

Any more?

I see some names on the list that haven't contacted me for vouchers. you'll need them to get your discounts

I have posted on a couple of other forums now trying to keep similar power/weight ratios etc... offering the same discounts. So if you know anyone that may want to join us, please let them know to contact me for vouchers (systymg @T gmail.com) "

mr2mk1chick
9th September 2009, 05:28 PM
The accomodation has now been booked, so any more interest pm us first as there may be one or 2 spare spaces.

updated list:

Those who have booked provisionally on the National Circuit need to hurry to pay up as if everyone on the proivisional list (including non-MR2 provisionals) were to pay up now there would be no space left.

There is plenty of space on the novice layout so if you have a partner or friend who has never done a track day or fast driving etc... get them booked up as my vouchers are now open to all clubs/cars

Atendee List:

Saturday - National:
1] Phil & Vix - Red MK1 (Confirmed)
2] Simon Wilshaw - Gold Rev5 Tubby (Prov)
3] Chris & Keith - Black MK1 (Prov)
4] Toni G - White MK1 SC (Prov)
5] Si C - TBA (Prov)
6] Jonathan D - Red MK2 Tubby (Prov)
7] Guy & Farah - Red MK1 (Prov)
8] Chris A - White MK1 V6 (Prov)
9] MartG - Red/Black MK1 (Prov)
10] Chris & Cassi - Black MK1 (Prov)
11] Anna & Alex - Black Exige (Confirmed)
12] Peter Wilshaw - RS4 (Confirmed)
13] Rik Parker - White MK1 (Prov)
14] Me & Jo - Black MK1 (Confirmed)

Saturday - Club:
1] Barry H - White MK2 N/A (Confirmed)
2] John M - Blue MK2 Tubby (Confirmed)
3] Scott B - Black MK2 Tubby (Confirmed)
4] Jason L - Black MR2 Tubby (Confirmed)
5] Ash - Silver MK2 N/A (Confirmed)
6] Need more :thumleft:

Sunday International:
1] Christian T - Red MK2 Tubby (Confirmed)
2] Phil & Vix - Red MK1 (Confirmed)
3] Si C - TBA (Prov)
4] Jonathan D - Red MK2 Tubby (Prov)
5] Guy & Farah - Red MK1 (Prov)
6] Hydar K - MK1 V6? (To be moved to Sat)
7] John M - Blue MK2 Tubby (Confirmed)
8] Neil L - Silver 20V MK1 (Confirmed)
9] Me & Jo - Black MK1 (Staff)

mr2mk1chick
15th October 2009, 01:16 PM
Final Lists and accomodation:

For those of you who want to come last min, you are welcome at the circuit and join us on sat eve for food and drinks etc.

copied from another forum:
MR2 Club Driver List:
Saturday - National:
Hydar - MK1.5
Simon W - MKIITubby
Peter W (Simon's dad) - RS4
Anna S - Exige
Phil & Vix - MK1 SC
Chris W - MK1a
Me & Jo - MK1a

Provisionals - I have secured 2 places (so if you want to book, let me know today!)
Chris B - MK1
Rik P - MKII?
Chris A - MK1.6

Saturday - Club:
Kevin A - MKII Tubby
Steven R - MKII N/A
Jason L - MKII Tubby
Ashley A - MKII N/A
Barry H - MKII N/A
Cassie - MK1a
John M - MKII Tubby
Scott B - MKII Tubby

Sunday - GP:
Simon C - MKII Tubby
Mike H - Roadster
Neil L - MK1 20V
Christian T - MKII Tubby
John M - MKII Tubby
Phil & Vix - MK1 SC
Guy C - MK1b
Me & Jo - MK1a

Final Accommodation List:

1] Scott B - Double/Twin (2 people) -
2] John M - Double/Twin (2 People) -
3] Hydar K - Single / Twin (1 person)
4] Anna - Single/Twin (1 People)
5] Phil & Vix - Double/Twin (2 People)
6] Chris & Cassi - Double/Twin (2 People)
7] Neil L - Single / Twin (1 Person) -
8] Me & Jo - Double/Twin (2 People) -
9] Tom - Single/Twin (1 Person) -
9] Phil's mate - Single/Twin (1 person) -

We are staying at Cefn Cwmwd Cottages near Llangefni:

http://www.angleseybreaks.co.uk/1916/Ce ... eps47.html

Address:
Cefn Cwmwd Cottages
Rhostrehwfa
Isle of Anglesey
LL77 7YL

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... m&t=h&z=16

Those of you not staying at the cottages, you're welcome to join us for food on the Saturday evening and console gaming madness :thumleft:

old petrolhead
20th October 2009, 03:25 PM
Any chance of a article & pics for the mag please Jo. Cheers Richard

mr2mk1chick
21st October 2009, 09:26 AM
yup :+:

old petrolhead
21st October 2009, 09:34 AM
Ta :+: