PDA

View Full Version : Member for 3 years

The Beach
4th June 2009, 09:05 PM
Hi All

Im Lee from Herne bay in Kent.
I have been a member of the south east crew for 3 years now.
After a very shaky start of turning up to events in the south east meetings, I got to know Alan, Pete, Tony, Big Steve and more, but i never turned up in a mk1.
After 2 years it become to be a standing joke that i didnt actually have a mk1 and just turned up!! That was until a rather warm sunday in september i rolled up in my white t bar at the 2008 JAE!!!! Then again in November at Brands hatch. Followed by the Herne Bay show with Alan, Mark and Linda.
My Last show was at Enfield a couple of weeks ago and i am pleased my car is now starting to be what i wanted it to be.

It is a standard car apart from the stainless exhaust, League alloys,OMP steering wheel and a £8 electric aerial which works a treat. Forgot to say about the shiny bits in the engine bay including polished cam covers that were on Pete Kytes car.
All major mechanical work has been completed by Ian Royal. Top toyota man.

What i havent told you is that i also have a '89 t bar still tucked up and unfinished (My first mk1) at a coachbuilders, which still havent finished a full body restoration. (Was told it would take about 3 months!!!)

Heres a picture taken at Enfield Show
http://i44.tinypic.com/jj2txi.jpg

FossMan
5th June 2009, 06:25 AM
Hello there :) The one you're driving looks very nice

Please don't tell me that they have had your other MR2 for the entire 3 years!?

Chris

The Beach
5th June 2009, 09:45 AM
Yup :crazy:

Almost.
Will be 3 years in october.
Its become a bit of a donor car for my white one but i though as its all stipped down i might as well borrow a few bits for the time being :D

Its nice and dry there and costing noting to leave it there!!!!
will try to fimd a recent photo of it as i occasionally go past it.

Its had so far:
Both door hinge areas rebuild
Bottom of a and b pillers rebuild
Both rear arches done with galvanised kits
rear valance and light area done
front valace corners replaced
Drivers door rehung and hidden damage repaired
Sills sorted
new aeral hole
whole body rubbed back and stopped
still waiting to be sprayed and put back together.
Has no wheels, exhaust, rear sunshade or rear quater trims.

Its getting there!

Bushy09
5th June 2009, 01:45 PM
By rear sunshade do you mean the clear plastic bit over the engine bay? think I've got one of those if you need one going cheap, bought myself a TRD one instead. :+:

crazylegs
5th June 2009, 04:26 PM
i think you only borrowed it. :twisted: