PDA

View Full Version : To those using the alternative forum style: Black Pearl

Monkeymax
14th May 2009, 05:51 PM
I've been making a few tweaks to the styles today in order to implement a couple of extra features.
Please let me know if I broke anything on that style (as I use the default one). I've tested it and tested it, but it's possible I missed something... ;)

Also, I noticed during the testing that you don't have the Mk1 club header up the top of each page (as on the website pages and the default forum style) that has the links to the website pages.

Of the 20 odd of you using that style, who would like me to put that header in?

(or who would like it kept out as it makes the pages smaller & easier to read on portable devices...)

Bushy09
15th May 2009, 11:04 AM
Seems ok to me.

I quite like it without the header as it makes it easier to view in work!

:+:

Monkeymax
15th May 2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks for letting me know. If you come across any problems, please let me know!

I quite like it without the header as it makes it easier to view in work!

That's what I thought which is why I've not just gone ahead and implemented it... ;)

Polypedates
15th May 2009, 03:47 PM
Not bothered about the lack of header tbh.

More annoyed that the forum doesn't go widescreen on my monitor like others do and the fact I have to scroll up and down adjusting horizontal scroll bars everytime a thread has pictures in it.

Monkeymax
15th May 2009, 04:06 PM
This was a decision taken early on in the forum development to restrain the horizontal sizing of the forum styles in order to cater for portable devices more (i.e. netbooks & swish mobiles). I've been toying with making the black pearl scheme stretch to fit whatever the size of your browser window is.

However, I'd be leaving the standard scheme at it's fixed horizontal size as it also matches the size of the header (this was another reason about asking about the header for the alternate style - as if I am not conforming to the header size, I don't have such an issue with having the forum automagically resize the forum according to each user).

I'll admit it's all a bit complicated, but there's stuff I'm sorting in the background at the moment and I really just wanted to know how much I've gotta do, particularly as many things require implementation & testing on both styles (i.e. double the work for a minority of users benefits) and so it's easier to keep at it if I know there's people who would be interested in it... :+:

Tiny
15th May 2009, 04:28 PM
Its really good Max the high contrast works really well for people with vision impairments too.