PDA

View Full Version : SUNDAY 5TH of JULY Isle OF White Day Out! £35

Tiny
11th May 2009, 10:41 AM
Would anyone be interested in a Day out on the Isle Of White?

works out about £35 on redfunnel/£37 on whitelink for a car and 2 passengers leaving at about 7am coming back about 7pm. on a Sat/Sun in June.

Breakfast in cowes.

Then hoon about in Parkhurst forest on some of the best roads

Down to allum bay and the needles.

round the coastal road to blackgang and ventnor before heading down to Sandown to spend the afternoon on the beach/at the zoo/on the peir before heading back round to cowes for a pub tea before heading back on the ferry.

Thought it would be something nice to do and abit different and would not be that expensive.

Ben
11th May 2009, 10:47 AM
Sounds like a great idea :+:
I'd definately be up for that if I can make the dates.

Ben
11th May 2009, 11:24 AM
Would you do a run down from Guildford area as well? (Silent pool is 2 minutes from my parents' house)

Tiny
11th May 2009, 12:46 PM
not if the ferry is leaving at 7am.

But As for the Silent pool starting point its great in the winter as there is hardly anyone there but we only had 9 cars on Sunday and 3-4 were double parked because it was rammed so i dont htink we will be using it for much longer. Also there is a Tar lorry that uses it as its night stop on a regular basis. so there are lots of huge deposits of Tar everywhere to stick to your feet/wheels.

Im about 15 miles south of guildford and can put up 2-3 people if anyone wants to come but it would be too far for them to make the 7am ferry in a 1er.

Tiny
14th May 2009, 12:43 PM
SUNDAY 5th Of July!

works out about £35 on redfunnel for a car and 2 passengers leaving at about 7am coming back about 7pm. on Sunday 5th July.

Leaving from Southampton

Breakfast in cowes.

Then hoon about in Parkhurst forest on some of the best roads

Down to allum bay and the needles.

round the coastal road to blackgang and ventnor before heading down to Sandown to spend the afternoon on the beach/at the zoo/on the peir before heading back round to cowes for a pub tea before heading back on the ferry.

Thought it would be something nice to do and abit different and its not that exspensive.

Outbound Crossing 08:00 arriving at 08:55 £16

Return Crossing 18:30 arriving 19:25 £19

I have the contact details of their group bookings person and have enquired about a group booking discount if we can get a decent number of cars together we may get it cheaper.

Meeting at the Leisure world Car park in southampton next to IKEACLICKY (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=50.895407,-1.407033&geocode=Ff22CAMdIW7q_w%3B&hl=en&mra=mi&mrsp=1,0&sz=18&sll=50.896317,-1.408058&sspn=0.002724,0.004828&ie=UTF8&ll=50.900814,-1.401701&spn=0.043575,0.077248&t=h&z=14)at 07:00 to move down to the Quay at 07:30.

For those that don't want to have the breakfast in Cowes there is a later crossing of 09:00 getting you to Cowes at 10:00 and we can all meet up then.

unowho
14th May 2009, 05:37 PM
Sounds like a fantastic idea :+: :+:

Wonder if we could do it in a day :eh: :shifty:

Tiny
14th May 2009, 08:45 PM
I have a spare room you and Jinxy are more than welcome too

unowho
17th May 2009, 09:58 PM
Thanks for that Tiny, will talk to Jinx in the next day or so and let you know :+:

Tiny
18th May 2009, 08:30 AM
right Had a reply from the chap and we will get %10 discount and given top deck priority for no extra charge so its £31.50 return through Redfunnel (this only applies to the early ferry not the post breakfast one)

I need a list of people who are definetly interested before 12:00 Wednesday. :+:

unowho
18th May 2009, 10:18 PM
Well we have had a chat and we are up for this :+: Although, Jinx is at the moment may have to work on the Saturday (don't know yet when, could be anytime :-: ) So may be a last minute change on your offer of staying over, will see what we can do :think:

How do we get the discount? Wanna get booked up :clap: :clap:

Debs

david cropley
1st June 2009, 09:00 PM
Is this trip going ahead? I'm interested, my bro lives in Gosport so i could stay there.

david cropley
1st June 2009, 09:03 PM
Oh, forget that last post, i just saw the other thread for the trip. Sadly can't make it, going to the fantastic Goodwood festival of speed that day.

mr2mk1chick
17th June 2009, 07:29 PM
I've merged the 2 posts for the IOW trip to save confusion :crazy:

Grendel
16th July 2009, 06:16 PM
If anyone is interested in doing an IOW weekend camping trip next year we could combine it with this:

http://www.iwhospice.org/news/sunflower ... ation.aspx (http://www.iwhospice.org/news/sunflower-classic-car-run-2009-registration.aspx)

I went along and was the only MR2 there :cry:

Only thing I will say is make sure your car is bolted together well since some of the country roads we went on had grass growing in them and would be better suited to softer suspension cars. But it was good fun in the end and it is a charity run after all.

To be honest it makes the cost of the ferry worth while if you make it a weekend rather than just a day return.