PDA

View Full Version : Sub-forum suggestion...

Handsome Rob
8th May 2009, 04:42 PM
Can we change 'Monster projects' to something more apt which all members can have, such as 'Projects' or 'Owner's Cars' ?

Secondly, how about one for 'General Car Chat' ?

Lastly, a separate traditional thread-style page for parts for sale, instead of the web-page which is 99% cars?

*Edit oh and a 'Mark forums as read' button ?

Ben
8th May 2009, 04:52 PM
"Mark forums read" is at the top right-hand side of the board index page ;)

I'd second the idea of a forum-style 'for sale' section. I think the subject has been brought up before, but the classifieds section lacks all of the little bits and pieces that could prove useful to people.

mr2mk1chick
8th May 2009, 05:32 PM
Can we change 'Monster projects' to something more apt which all members can have, such as 'Projects' or 'Owner's Cars' ?
The 'Member introducions' section is where you can pop your own cars, plus keep us up to date with your car projects. Also the technical sections is where you can post specific projects - for example bodywork, engine swaps or tuning, modifying etc.
We only introduced the monster project section for a few really special things, not peoples general resto projetcs etc.

Secondly, how about one for 'General Car Chat' ?
general mr2 mk1 discussion page is for mk1 related chat, off topic for non mk1 related chat - as this is a specific make of car forum then other type of car chat can go in off topic

Lastly, a separate traditional thread-style page for parts for sale, instead of the web-page which is 99% cars?
I was also in favor of a forum sale section, but the general commitee felt they wanted to keep the website style for sale section (similar to before we had a forum) - this does however have both cars and parts, and you can define your search to these sections

*Edit oh and a 'Mark forums as read' button ?
there is a 'forums read' buton at the top right of the bar when you are in a main forum section :+:

HTH
Jo