PDA

View Full Version : Brands hatch

The Beach
2nd April 2009, 11:26 PM
Who's up for the next Brands hatch meet then?
Answers on a postcard. I mean the board :oops:

Ben
2nd April 2009, 11:46 PM
Do you have any specific details?

Tiny
3rd April 2009, 09:05 AM
I think The Beach is referring to JAPT which has its first successfull Meet last Month February was snowed off.

Here's the info:

JAPT - This meet is for Japanese car enthusiasts only!

Not there being any properly organise Japanese meets in the Kent & London surround area JAPT is perfect as it off of the public highways & public areas (Car parks). I used to run a dub meet at brands hatch, now owning a Japanese car I felt the need to start another meet!

(http://www.prept.co.uk – see for details & pictures on the DUB meets)

The success of PREPT has seen over 500+ cars in the summer and still 200 in winter, were hoping the same for JAPT.

The First meet to determine whether it’s going to be successful or not, which was to be held on Thursday 12th February 2009 7.00pm till late at Brand hatch. was snowed off but March was successfull.

(Every 2nd Thursday of the month)

So bring yourself down! Entry to the meet is a small fee of £2 per car.

Bar food will be available at the Kentagon (for those of you who don’t know that’s the Brand hatch bar!) along with soft, hot & alcoholic drinks. Usually a full menu is available but as this is a first run the menu will be limited, please drink reasonably if you’re driving!

If this meet is successful, track evenings will become available on the summer nights of the meet along with BBQ’s, we can also open the go kart track.
Summer show evening is a maybe at the moment but the idea to combine the Jap & Dub scene for the evening with the track open (more details later on with track evening discounts).

Rules of The Meet:
1. JAPANESE CARS ONLY! Sorry but this is a meet for Japanese car enthusiasts only, if you turn up with your mate in his ‘e.g. Golf’ he will have to park in the hotel next to the brands hatch main entrance & walk through. The gate & surrounding area will have additional security and (JAPT) marshals, there will be no exceptions. So bearing this in mind the gates will not even open unless we (JAPT) say so. Non Japanese cars will be turned away.
2. STICK TO THE 10mph SPEED LIMIT once on site. If you race away from the gate whilst entering you'll simply be asked to turn around and leave by security who will have been contacted via radio. You are also on CCTV once on site! Same goes for anyone driving like complete idiots in the any areas allocated to us. (police can be called if necessary).
3. NO PETS. Shame I know but after all this isn't Crufts!
4. NO LITTERING. Please use ample bins provided.
5. NO DRUGS.
6. STEREO'S. Please keep your music to a reasonable level so YOU can hear it, not everyone else.

Brands Hatch is situated on the A20 near West Kingsdown. Just 3 miles from junction 3 (Swanley) of the M25
Brands Hatch Circuit
Fawkham
Longfield
Kent

It will be good in the summer BBq long summer evenings watching some serious jap metal hooning around the circuit I will be going.

Obviously if your talking about soemthing completely different i apologise.

omracing
4th April 2009, 10:26 PM
I think Lee was probably refering to the Brands Hatch race meeting as follows -

Saturday 25th April 2009 – MR2 Championship racing at Brands Hatch
First meeting of the year at Brands Hatch to support the MR2 championship racing. Pay at the entrance gates. Approx £12 per person

Alan C or Pete, any news from Alan Scott on possibly getting the box again ?

crazylegs
7th April 2009, 05:37 PM
I will provisionally put myself down. if we could get the box again then that would be great.

The Beach
16th April 2009, 09:58 AM
I think Lee was probably refering to the Brands Hatch race meeting as follows -

Saturday 25th April 2009 – MR2 Championship racing at Brands Hatch
First meeting of the year at Brands Hatch to support the MR2 championship racing. Pay at the entrance gates. Approx £12 per person

Alan C or Pete, any news from Alan Scott on possibly getting the box again ?

Hi all.

yess the above is correct.
I will be attending.

Havent been online for a while as i have relocated to Herne Bay now and still havent phone line/broadband at home yet.

List below please.

1. Lee Beach

unowho
16th April 2009, 10:20 AM
Yep we are planning to come along also :+: ,

List below please.

1. Lee Beach
2. Kevin Crane - Provisional
3. Jinxy (Tony) and Debs
4. Nigel Russel - Provisional

crazylegs
20th April 2009, 04:59 PM
so whats happening? any chance of the box? anymore going and whats the weather like ?

omracing
20th April 2009, 08:21 PM
List below please.

1. Lee Beach
3. Jinxy (Tony) and Debs
5. Scott Lawson (omracing) - I'm already there helping out with my mate's Formula Renault

Ben
20th April 2009, 11:06 PM
What time is everyone turning up? I'm not sure if I can make it yet, but if I can I'll be there :)

pistol pete
21st April 2009, 05:26 AM
hoping to be there but may be getting my mk1 back on road yet..
no knews from alan yet that i know of..

and ben its a random time depends how long you want to be there
i normally get the around 10.30 some do not come till 12 ish so go earlier..
its entirely up to you :+:

The Beach
21st April 2009, 09:51 AM
According to the Brands hatch site the racing for Saturday starts practice at 9.
This is the mr2 practice (bit early eh!!!) :shock:
The last race of the day is the mr2's again at 17.40 hours There are heats in between as well.
Please see sight for detail.
i hope to be at Brands hatch about 10 ish. :+:
Could be a fine day on the weather front as well. :)

See you all there

Lee

Alan SE
21st April 2009, 01:12 PM
Sorry but the Cayzer family won't be coming this time. £36 for the three of us is unaffordable at present. Have heard nothing about the box so assume it's not available. Have fun. perhaps somebody can post some photos later.
Alan

Tony Jinxy Froude
21st April 2009, 10:45 PM
Shame your not going to be there Alan, you will alll be missed :-: lets hope things pick up for the Cayzer Family this summer because events wouldnt be the same without you guys. Jinx

The Beach
22nd April 2009, 09:35 AM
Shame you cant attend, Alan and co.
See you at the herne bay show instead? :)
I will try to goet some good pics of the day at Brands :+:

Be good to see you Tony :)

Catch you all attending.
Usual parking place behind the main Grid stands.

Lee

Blue84
22nd April 2009, 08:31 PM
This is only over the Thames! Would take me about 20 mins or thereabouts but I'm already busy...and the other half has the dart-tag then anyway.

Sorry guys!

Tina

omracing
22nd April 2009, 09:12 PM
This is only over the Thames! Would take me about 20 mins or thereabouts but I'm already busy...and the other half has the dart-tag then anyway.

Sorry guys!

Tina

Tina log on and get another Dart tag, I've got three because I've got three cars I use regularly. You only top up one account which automatically updates all Dart tags. :+:

pistol pete
24th April 2009, 12:33 PM
i would be there but very ill again.. :(
just been to docs had blood test etc done
ave a good day guys

pkmr2
24th April 2009, 03:24 PM
1. Lee Beach
3. Jinxy (Tony) and Debs
5. Scott Lawson (omracing)
6. Pete Kyte

Look forward to seeing you all there! Scott you taking my old beast?

Pete.

Ben
25th April 2009, 06:58 AM
Sorry guys, hoped I'd be able to make it but I'm working today :(

Have a good one :+:

omracing
25th April 2009, 07:10 AM
Sorry Pete, I'm be in the blue/silver car today (hopefully the car has sold, get the money next week :wave: ) plus I've still got a little bit more work to be done on your old car, although I'm planning on taking it to the Duxford show.

I'll be in garage 10 today with Ed Heinzelmann (yellow single seater) :+: