PDA

View Full Version : Berkshire newbie saying hello.

CazAW11
24th March 2009, 01:31 PM
Hey folks,

My name is Caz, I've been known to lurk on IMOC and other Toyota sites from time-to-time, but have just become a paid up member of this lovely club so thought I'd pop on and say hello.

The introduction bit.

My Mica Blue MK1, affectionately known as "Murray", was born in 1988 and subsequently enjoyed 83000 miles of happy motoring with 9 owners. One of whom must have had a love affair with Toyota dealerships, because reading through the receipts and invoices made my eyes water. Another was a member of an established MR2 club and had kindly collected a box-full of club newsletters, magazines, books and most issues of "Practical Classics" ever to feature the MK1.

Come a fateful day in 2006 and he was listed on eBay. After a few months searching from south to midlands for a good example (and seeing my fair share of duds) I contacted the seller right away. He was saying goodbye due to emigrating to Australia. A good enough reason, I thought and arranged a viewing the following weekend. That Sunday saw him drive into my arms complete with a boot-full of documentation. I have added a further 4500 to the clock since - never regretting my purchase.

2009 and the time has come for Murray to have some TLC. The arches are crumbling quicker than a digestive biscuit and I added a flesh-wound to the front bumper during a scrap with a car park wall, much to my great sadness and annoyance. But I hope to get this all fixed and keep him for some time yet.

If you're still with me after all that, I'm looking forward to settling in and meeting more owners of this fantastic little car! :D

Caz.

JAE 2006
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/03/dna01-1.jpg

mr2mk1chick
24th March 2009, 02:30 PM
Hiya Caz
glad you made it over here :+:
welcome aboard 8-)

I guess your pic was 'tweaked' on that site where it makes the car kinda like dinky toys :+:
cool

you should be able to get some good advice and contacts for parts over here for the bits of work that needs doing. they all end up needing a bit more tlc as they age.
Are you coming to JAE this time? (see our events thread)

Jo

CazAW11
24th March 2009, 08:45 PM
Hey Jo, thank you for the welcome. :+:

Ah the pic was tweaked by me in Photoshop, I use it day to day in my line of work. I like the toy car look hehe (plus it handily avoids including people who may not want to be in random internet pics.)

JAE really depends on how much I can get done on the car this year. I'd like everything to be ship-shape before showing again as I'm finding the arches a bit embarrassing at the moment. The MOT is due in April and I'm not so sure it'll go without a hitch - I've contacted 3S Service Centre with a list of jobs, so just waiting to hear from them. Gulp. :?

As with the arches (main reason for MOT concerns), I'm at a bit of a loss really - I've seen the ones on here & eBay but I have no idea where to get the complete job done here down south - a place that is experienced with this exact kind of work and I can trust to do a great job. Any advice on that would be very helpful as it's scary stuff.

I also know Blue84 on here (hey T!) and her partner. :)

Caz. :wave:

Tiny
24th March 2009, 10:29 PM
Hello Just over the border in Hampshire :wave:

3S are very good and know there MR2s but i would drop CrazyLegs a PM he runs AW11 Autos in Bisley about 15 miles north of 3S and Mk1s as you can tell from the name Mk1s are his thing :+:

Monkeymax
25th March 2009, 09:02 AM
Hi Caz,
Welcome to the club! My parents also live in Berks and for almost 6 months I was commuting between Maidenhead & Amersham... No idea where in Berkshire that you are, but I've seen a few Mk1s around there that have remained unidentified!

Anyway, look forward to seeing the car when it's sorted!

Don't be embarrassed about going to JAE in him! I went in a Peugeot last year! :lol:
It's all about the club spirit and just having a laugh! :+:

Kateg28
25th March 2009, 09:31 AM
Hello,

My Mica Blue spends a fair amount of time in Berkshire as my dad has almost formally adopted it. We have an agreement, he does lots of work on the car and I, well I, er, watch.

He lives in Maidenhead, whereabouts are you?

CazAW11
25th March 2009, 12:02 PM
Wow, thanks for the welcomes!

I'm actually around the Slough area, so not too far from Maidenhead. I've spotted another Mica Blue moon roof like mine (in my work car park of all places, it was like parking next to a twin!) and a white t-bar cruising around occasionally - although I have a suspicion it was the same car I test drove one lunchtime when I was looking to adopt another one.

I will definitely PM CrazyLegs, thank you for the advice. :+:

Blue84
3rd April 2009, 10:04 PM
Hi Caz

I haven't been on here for a while and just saw you are here :)

Mine should be having it's mechanical work done next weekend and we'll pick her up again the weekend after (just waiting to hear from Kev that it's definate). Yves will have to be here two weekends running too.

Good to see you here and hope you see you properly soon - it's been so long :o