PDA

View Full Version : Essex Classic Car Show - Sunday 12th July

unowho
19th March 2009, 12:08 AM
3rd Essex Classic Car Motor Show
Our 2nd visit to this show at Barleylands, Billericay, Essex. £2.50 per car.

Just to let you know that I am awaiting details from Alan, as I will be looking after this one, this year.

We went last year, a great site and show

Debs

pistol pete
2nd April 2009, 10:50 AM
comon everybody
any one interested in this show??
gonna be a great day we have cut down the shows this year drematically
have no fear about your car on show its a great day to spend with people from the club...

any feedback as to why people would not like ot attend this event would be great as it gives us insite into organizing next year

pete

Ben
2nd April 2009, 01:51 PM
Sounds good to me, I'll certainly head over if I can :)

Tiny
2nd April 2009, 01:58 PM
south of leicester count me in :+:

Blue84
12th April 2009, 05:37 PM
Another definate here in my red MK1 - last year we met up at the halfway house on the A127 at Brentwood and I lead the way to Barleylands :D

May also be the two of us with the T-Bar MK1 too.

rhurrell
30th April 2009, 11:41 AM
Jo and I were at last years show, and will be there again this year with our red MK1, after undergoing some restoration during the winter
See you all there
Roger

The Beach
15th May 2009, 01:29 PM
Hi all

Yes im interested in attending this one.

Have to be a bit cautious though............ my partner is expecting my first and last baby on the 8th :+:
See what happens.

But you will see me at enfield and bromley :+: :+:

Catch you soon.

unowho
18th May 2009, 10:34 PM
Lee, no worries on attending score, at least with this show you can pay on the day.

Will be sending off the application form in the next 2 weeks, will book 5 places :?:
in anticipation

Debs

unowho
28th May 2009, 02:18 PM
Pay-day today, so will organise myself to get motivated and will send off for 5 Tickets, get a pitch, but at least with this show you can pay on the day

1. Debs and Jinxy

Blue84
24th June 2009, 10:15 PM
1. Debs and Jinxy
2. Tina (just me on my own this time)

We could always meet at the Halfway House again (off the A127 at the Brentwood turning) and that way we can all convoy there together again? I'm more than happy to lead too.

Kateg28
25th June 2009, 08:23 AM
I think I want to come to this but haven't registered my interest before.

unowho
25th June 2009, 03:53 PM
I think I want to come to this but haven't registered my interest before.

No worries, I already brought 5 Tickets, just to book us in and show willing but the beauty off this show is that you can just turn up and pay on the day :+:

unowho
5th July 2009, 10:47 PM
We could always meet at the Halfway House again (off the A127 at the Brentwood turning) and that way we can all convoy there together again? I'm more than happy to lead too.

Well only a week to go, happy to meet at HH, what time? can't remember from last year :wtf:

Tiny
6th July 2009, 12:30 PM
Just seeking final Wife approval (God i am so under the thumb)

Blue84
7th July 2009, 06:37 PM
Well on the Barleylands site it says it starts at 10am and finishes at 5pm.

If I remember correctly there wasn't a lot of spots left last year when we got there, or did we have a set place to go to? I can't remember. I believe it was around 10ish that we met last year.

You, Kate & Tiny (if you come that is :P) have the most distance to cover and as I'm only 10/15 mins away anything is fine by me.

Ben
7th July 2009, 10:27 PM
Not sure i can make this I'm afraid - looks like I'm going to be busy moving house :(

unowho
8th July 2009, 10:16 AM
Well on the Barleylands site it says it starts at 10am and finishes at 5pm.

If I remember correctly there wasn't a lot of spots left last year when we got there, or did we have a set place to go to? I can't remember. I believe it was around 10ish that we met last year.

You, Kate & Tiny (if you come that is :P) have the most distance to cover and as I'm only 10/15 mins away anything is fine by me.

Shall we say 8.30'ish at the Half Way House, to be at the show for around 9.00?
To enable us to set up etc.

The Beach
8th July 2009, 12:02 PM
Hi all

I still am up for the show. :)

Still cannnot confirm though, as the baby is now over due.

8.30 at HH (where ever that is?) seems a little early to me. I thought i was the furthest away :lol: (68 miles)

I will go with 8.30 if thats the main vote though.

Please tell me more3 about Halfway House please.

Catch you later.

unowho
8th July 2009, 02:42 PM
Hi all

I still am up for the show. :)

Still cannnot confirm though, as the baby is now over due.

8.30 at HH (where ever that is?) seems a little early to me. I thought i was the furthest away :lol: (68 miles)

I will go with 8.30 if thats the main vote though.

Please tell me more3 about Halfway House please.

Catch you later.

Just went for 8.30, as time we all get there and meet then get off for the show, which opens to the public at 10.00, time will be marching on.... and if we have a gazebo and flag to put up and find our spot, as if I remember last year we were just told to go find a place!!!!! it all takes time, but happy to say later.......

Half-Way House is a pub on the A127?

pistol pete
8th July 2009, 02:54 PM
Not sure i can make this I'm afraid - looks like I'm going to be busy moving house :(

me neither.. i am prob helping

The Beach
10th July 2009, 06:54 PM
Hi all.

Im sorry i wont be able to make the show :(

but my metal baby wont be with me due to fail of M.O.T and wont be ready till next week :(

But i should be ok for the following Sunday show, but then depends on the fleshy baby that at the moment has not make a appearance :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope to see you all soon

lee

Blue84
10th July 2009, 09:40 PM
evening all

8.30 is fine by me - how many of us is it then in total? 3?

I've just got to decide which one to bring...the red one (mine) that i havent touched for 2 weeks so needs a clean or the blue one with it's key scratch all down the passenger side.....

Hmm might just be my one I think!

*mental note to self to get it washed tomorrow*

unowho
10th July 2009, 11:26 PM
Not sure on total, could be 7 cars; Jinxy & me, Tina, Tiny, Roger & Jo, Kate, Nigel, Alan and Mark :?:

But see you at 8.30 Sunday :+:

Blue84
11th July 2009, 07:58 PM
ok great - well I got my red one cleaned this morning so we're all ready and presentable.

See everyone there :D

The Beach
12th July 2009, 06:49 PM
How did the show go?

Anyone have some photos to share?

unowho
13th July 2009, 09:35 AM
We had a really good day, 4 cars on show, Jinxy, Nigel, Tina and Roger's.
Fantastic show, all sorts of cars on show.
Pretty sure Jinxy will be on here with his photo's asap.

Tiny
13th July 2009, 11:29 AM
sorry i missed this but had some scrunt decide to break into my car smashing a window and ruining the boot lock. so spent all yesturday in scrappys not sure what to do about the boot lock though

pistol pete
13th July 2009, 11:57 AM
i ave windows here budd if you are stuck

or was it not the mk1

Tiny
13th July 2009, 11:58 AM
windows sorted thanks bud no just the boot lock also in the process they managed to totally knacker the pull cord mechanism too. half debating filling the lock hole with the reversing camera and then fitting a solenoid for opening the boot.