PDA

View Full Version : What constitute's a National Event

unowho
15th March 2009, 10:17 PM
A point was made at the EGM, and we have decided to see what you, our members, think of what is considered to be a National Event and why?

Could it be NEC, Stoneleigh Restoration Show, Bromley Pageant??

Thoughts please.......

Deb

Ben
15th March 2009, 10:33 PM
I guess to me a national event is one that we attend as a club (eg NEC etc) whereas a local meet is something like a pub met or local run, as well as smaller events such as Herne Bay's motoring pageant that won't be of much interest to people from a wider area.

Monkeymax
16th March 2009, 12:39 PM
Debs, is it worth putting a list of potential candidates for a National event?
From the top of my head, the big ones are:

NEC Classic show
Stoneleigh restoration show
Bromley Pageant
JAE
Silverstone Classics

Others?

Presumably it's just shows where flags & gazeebos are involved that we're talking about, and not things like week-long trips? (that would make sense to me as it would be opening National Events participation to a greater number of both members & general public who may visit the shows)

bill hulme
17th March 2009, 07:37 PM
Tatton park classic car weekend shows twice a year.
bill hulme.

AW11 Forever
17th March 2009, 08:44 PM
Shame on you peeps, how can you ignore LEMANS

Or is this classed as an International event

Alan SE
19th March 2009, 12:35 PM
I would consider a national event to be an event where all members from around the country are likely to attend. This would generally be over a weekend to give members travelling time. eg. JAE, Xmas party. Although there are many shows throughout the country which could be considered a national event, generally these events are local events attended by local members to where the show is held. Obviously anyone is welcome to come to any club event throughout the UK although I doubt if many people living in the north would come specifically to an event in the south (although I know of one exception!) and vice versa.

mr2mk1chick
19th March 2009, 02:29 PM
My view of national events include anything that is at a large venue with plenty of public footfall, and lots of club cars (ie huge from the PR front)

NEC Classic show
Stoneleigh restoration show
JAE
Silverstone Classics
(Le Mans)
(Any Santa Pod stuff maybe....)

Tatton & bromley have traditionally been organised by local areas, and despite being large events, still fall in the area events.
This is what all areas should be trying to achieve: a big event/show in thier area IMO.