PDA

View Full Version : The Classic Motor Show, NEC, 13-15th nov

unowho
4th March 2009, 01:45 PM
@ NEC, Birmingham - Friday 13th to Sunday 15th November with set-up on the Thursday

More details to follow, when know

Debs

Tiny
4th March 2009, 03:13 PM
I want to be involved with this and offer my Detailing services free to the cars being shown :+:

Missed out last year all we have to do now is secure this from Toyota Guildford or commission young BenEdwards to copy it
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/03/DSC01082-1.jpg

Does anyone know what time they kick you out on the thursday night set up day?

Ben
4th March 2009, 03:38 PM
Now hang on one cotton-pickin' minute there! I don't recall volunteering to reproduce that myself!
Hey, if I can get hold of a cheap canvas or board and paints I may give it a go though - it won't be anything special :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tiny
4th March 2009, 04:32 PM
I seem to remember from A-level art that pop-art isn't too hard to reproduce. I'm sure there's an art-student mk1er somewhere that could access a big piece of canvas and...(*counts*)... six block colours of paint

I thought you were refering to yourself there :lol:

unowho
4th March 2009, 05:31 PM
Well I am pretty sure the Sub-Comittee for this will be taking notes, on who is offering what, where and when as I do no that I am not involved in this one although I will be at this event.

Although tiring, it is a brilliant show, fantastic exhibits.

Sub-Committee = Stuart Kynoch, Wayne Duncan, Tony 'Jinxy' Froude, Michael Sheavills.

Debs

Ben
4th March 2009, 07:09 PM
I seem to remember from A-level art that pop-art isn't too hard to reproduce. I'm sure there's an art-student mk1er somewhere that could access a big piece of canvas and...(*counts*)... six block colours of paint

I thought you were refering to yourself there :lol:

Lol no I'm not an art student. I don't have a silly enough haircut :wtf:
I could probably have a bash at it, but I have no idea how I'd get it to Birmingham or even if I'm going to go myself (it's a loooooong way).

AW11 Forever
9th April 2009, 05:09 PM
Just to let you know the Club has secured the POLICE MK1 race car from the series to be on the stand. We are hoping to have 4-5 MK1's from the series.

mistertwokw
9th April 2009, 09:20 PM
I look forward to this event, i would like to say now that i will make my car available for the stand...i will definately be going anyway so it makes sense :)
Any other help needed just ask

Ki

AW11 Forever
10th April 2009, 07:05 AM
Thanks Ki help will be most appreciated, you will need to be available from the Thursday night - Sunday.

We need ideas for the stand, 80's, Jap theme, etc

Its good to get this event sorted early.

Cheers

mr2mk1chick
10th April 2009, 08:58 AM
Is the event organiser going to ask members via the forum if they can exhibit thier cars, and take a vote if this is over-subscribed?
I guess quite a few would be interested.......

AW11 Forever
10th April 2009, 05:39 PM
Display cars updates 14th April 2009

Ki Williams 1987 MK1a Red
Pete Mason 1987 MK1a White over Silver
POLICE Livery MK1 race series
Douglas 1985 MK1a Silver
Richard Brett 3.0 V6 White
Michael Sheavills 1988 MK1b TBAR White

Tiny/Ben has offered his services to help prepare the cars on show, if any member would like to get involved and possibly display their MK1 then please PM me. You will need to be available with your car from Thursday night throught till late Sunday afternoon. The NEC classic is a wonderful show to be involved in, although its often a very tiring weekend its very rewarding. Ideally we are looking for the following:

Standard/unmolested/original MK1b RED/MICA BLUE

Standard/unmolested/original MK1a SHERWOOD TONING or ELECTRIC BLUE

V6 or 3SGTE converted MK1

Karmeleon converted MK1

3 x more MK1 racing series/challenge cars

We are still awaiting stand sizes however if past experience is anything to go off we will have enough space for 10 MK1's to be displayed. If anyone owns a tranny and wants to help get the exhibition equipment there then please PM me.

mistertwokw
13th April 2009, 08:02 PM
Just amended the colour
:+:
Display cars to date

Ki Williams 1987 MK1a/b Red
POLICE race series
Douglas 1985 MK1a Silver
Michael Sheavills 1988 MK1b TBAR ( I'll be happy to step down if other members want to get involved )

Tiny/Ben has offered his services to help prepare the cars on show, if any member would like to get involved and possibly display their MK1 then please PM me. You will need to be available with your car from Thursday night throught till late Sunday afternoon. The NEC classic is a wonderful show to be involved in, although its often a very tiring weekend its very rewarding. Ideally we are looking for the following:

Standard/unmolested/original MK1b RED/MICA BLUE

Standard/unmolested/original MK1a SHERWOOD TONING or ELECTRIC BLUE

V6 or 3SGTE converted MK1

Karmeleon converted MK1

3 x more MK1 racing series/challenge cars

We are still awaiting stand sizes however if past experience is anything to go off we will have enough space for 10 MK1's to be displayed. If anyone owns a tranny and wants to help get the exhibition equipment there then please PM me.

old petrolhead
14th April 2009, 09:16 AM
Hi Mike.

You can add my 3lv6 in white to the list.

Richard :+:

AW11 Forever
14th April 2009, 11:49 AM
Richard,

Done and thanks :+:

Monkeymax
14th April 2009, 12:41 PM
Mike, as I said at the EGM, I'd love for my car to be displayed there too. Could probably also make myself free for the duration of the show too if I'm still a student by then - and if I'm not I'll be unemployed anyway, so even less of a problem... :lol:
That is assuming you've not already got a stock red Mk1b T-bar? ;)
(Alternatively it'd give me incentive to finish off the SC - white T-bar SC with a black roof)

Tiny
15th April 2009, 09:26 AM
Black 1b Tbar to be added to the waiting list please. :+:

With regards to the Cleaning/Preparation.

Ideally what I would like to do is I come and see everyone who is planning on exhibiting their cars over the month or so before hand and preparing their cars to show standard.

Getting a show standard shine without swirls and leaving a Deep glossy just rolled out the showroom shine is 95% correction and 5% maintenance. As long as you dont go all out and wash it with a bucket and a sponge every weekend and reinflict the scratches there should be minimal amount of work required to get the cars back to show condition on the day/days leading up to the event.

Basically the only thing that will be required on the preparation day is a Wash and Wax + interior valeting + spare hands.

Ill bring all the equipment and its a good excuse for me to buy some new wax i have had my eye on.

unowho
16th April 2009, 01:18 PM
Don't forget the La Roux video star car 8-) :lol: :lol:

Ki Williams 1987 MK1a Red
Jason Jesse POLICE/SHERIFF Livery MK1 race series
Douglas 1985 MK1a Silver
Richard Brett 3.0 V6 White
Michael Sheavills 1988 MK1b TBAR White
Tony Jinxy Froude 1989 Mk1b Tbar Mica Blue

AW11 Forever
16th April 2009, 04:17 PM
1 Ki Williams 1987 MK1a Red
2 Pete Mason 1987 MK1a White over Silver
3 Jason Jesse POLICE/SHERIFF Livery MK1 race series
4 Douglas 1985 MK1a Silver
5 Richard Brett 3.0 V6 White
6 Max 1989 MKb TBAR Red
7 Tony Jinxy Froude 1989 Mk1b Tbar Mica Blue
8 Chris MK1b Black

Does anyone have a mint Karmeleon or Mk1 with a great looking iconic bodykit, Eurosport for example

mr2mk1chick
17th April 2009, 12:27 PM
6 Michael Sheavills 1988 MK1b TBAR White
7 Max 1989 MK1b TBAR Red
8 Chris MK1b Black
9 Tony Jinxy Froude 1989 Mk1b Tbar Mica Blue

Does anyone have a mint Karmeleon or Mk1 with a great looking iconic bodykit, Eurosport for example

:wave: Tango has oviously, but its been before so i'll bring it only if you're stuck.

Tiny
23rd April 2009, 05:06 PM
http://www.travelodge.co.uk/saver_rooms/

£9

stays between 27th August and 30th November 2009

John Redmond
4th May 2009, 08:56 AM
If you have a requirement, my Helios Mk1b coupe is always available.

However it was last shown at 2007 at the NEC, if you wanted a 'fresh crop' as it were.

John

AW11 Forever
4th May 2009, 02:43 PM
John,

We don't have a helious blue and will look nice on the stand, yes please we would love to have your car and your services over the weekend, remember we need you from Thursday - Sunday, is that ok.

Please add and paste your car to the list.

Thanks John

John Redmond
4th May 2009, 05:41 PM
Hi Mike,

I'll add myself to the list, will speak in more detail at Billing.

John

6 Michael Sheavills 1988 MK1b TBAR White
7 Max 1989 MK1b TBAR Red
8 Chris MK1b Black
9 Tony Jinxy Froude 1989 Mk1b Tbar Mica Blue
10 John Redmond 1988 Helios Coupe

tommundy
23rd June 2009, 03:13 AM
Hi Mike,

Seeing as Murray is dead are you interested in mine again for the NEC?

http://www.b2tpr.co.uk/sites/b2tpr/mk1tom.jpg

Cheers
Tom

pistol pete
23rd June 2009, 09:16 AM
Hi Mike,

Cheers
Tom

ha ha
have a little jump on murrays grave while you are at it :think:

only playing :+: looks like a nice one there but good luck with it

tommundy
23rd June 2009, 09:23 AM
Hi Mike,

Cheers
Tom
ha ha

Sorry Pete, wasn't meaning to jump on his grave. :oops:

It's sad to see how yours turned out as I'd kept up on all the threads and work you'd been doing to it, and to then find out it was all for nothing is a genuine shame mate. You seem to be happy with your new black one so let's hope that brings you more enjoyment in the long run. :+:

Thanks, had it since late September and done over 9k miles now and it's brought me nothing but pleasure. MOT on Friday so hopefully it'll go through. :)

Hope to meet you at an national event sometime too.

Cheers
Tom

pistol pete
24th June 2009, 05:43 AM
[quote=tommundy]Hi Mike,

Cheers
Tom
ha ha

Sorry Pete, wasn't meaning to jump on his grave. :oops:

It's sad to see how yours turned out as I'd kept up on all the threads and work you'd been doing to it, and to then find out it was all for nothing is a genuine shame mate. You seem to be happy with your new black one so let's hope that brings you more enjoyment in the long run. :+:

Thanks, had it since late September and done over 9k miles now and it's brought me nothing but pleasure. MOT on Friday so hopefully it'll go through. :)

Hope to meet you at an national event sometime too.

Cheers
Tom[/quote:7jn0kkqi]

i am sure it will fly through

omracing
25th June 2009, 07:36 AM
I could probably bring the ex Pete Kyte car, but I think it clashes with the RAC Rally (classic cars from the 70s & 80s) based in Cumbria and Scotland.

mistertwokw
1st July 2009, 09:37 AM
Hi all,
I apologise for changing things but i will no longer have a mk1 to show at the NEC although i will still be going.
Sorry for the change of plan

Ki

AW11 Forever
1st July 2009, 06:05 PM
Tom,

Absolutely, get your name put on the list, I think we still need a few more so Petes ex car would be great, has it still got the SC engine in it.

The Silver Fox
4th July 2009, 12:25 PM
Mike,

Due to being in and out of hospital over the past three months (nothing serious, just old age) I havent even started on my restoration, so reluctantly I will have to withdraw from showing at the NEC. It will take the pressure off so hopefully it will now be ready for next spring - the 25th anniversary of its registration.

Douglas

AW11 Forever
10th July 2009, 07:09 PM
Douglas,

Thanks for letting us know and thanks for offering your support in the 1st place, it appreciated.

Hope all is well and hopefully the MK1 will be ready for 2010, possibly treat her to a nice trip to Le Mans :o

Tiny
5th August 2009, 03:37 PM
Id loke to offer My Black Mk1b for the stand then. I was alrady going to be attending for the whole 3days anyway prepping everyone elses cars so why not. :+:

stumr2sc
5th August 2009, 04:50 PM
I have organised this show for the last seven years and application forms; H&S risk assessments and method statements all have to be filled in. The organisers have had an unusually large series of requests from car clubs to exhibit on the usual free stand space and have unfortunately have had to turn down about 20 car clubs. We have been allocated a stand 10m x 8m and we will be pushed to get 4 of our members' cars plus our usual desk and regalia in this space. We are adjacent to the classic Z club and both our stands have the Honda S800 sports car club behind us. The exhibition is open to the public on Friday Saturday and Sunday and there is a complicated issue of tickets covering the exhibiting cars; the stand erection; stand breakdown passes plus exhibitors passes. The stand will be available sometime Thursday morning for build up and all exhibiting cars will be left on the stand until the exhibition closes at 5.30pm on Sunday evening. I have drawn our stand up at 1:50 scale and have accurate cut outs of our car plans to the same scale and will present the various layouts possible. Bear in mind that we allow visitors to sit in the cars and need to provide adequate circulation space.
I am sending an email to the two other clubs adjoining our stand to find out what they propose in the way of screens so we can then decide what will be needed on our stand.

spudgun
5th August 2009, 06:09 PM
If you get stuck and need a mk1 b mine would be available. It doesn't get used all that much that time of year and the classic car show is something I have been meaning to do for ages.
Bearing a major catastrophe I can't see any reason why I would have to pull out, if the invite was made.
The offers there if you want it.

Tiny
5th August 2009, 08:46 PM
Stu if you know the dimensions to save you cutting out i have visio and can knock up scale plans VERY quickly

AW11 Forever
6th August 2009, 05:08 PM
Stu,

Thanks for posting up the info :+:

Lemon Secretary
10th August 2009, 08:25 PM
micheal/debs,

(hi, btw!!) are there tickets available for purchase through either of the clubs, that you know of (mk1 or imoc)?? me and chris would like to go, at least on one of the days and i wondered if it was worth purchasing through a club rather than from the website??

cheers,
reema.

AW11 Forever
11th August 2009, 03:16 PM
Reema,

I don't think the club gets any tickets for it, apart from exhibitors who get a pass to enter and show their car. Its quite pricey to be fair to get in, about £20 for the day so if we do manage to get any it will be great.

Stuart can you confirm what th situation is with tickets for club members.

Cheers

AW11 Forever
20th September 2009, 09:45 AM
Stuart,

Can you update the members and committee where we are with this show as its only 6 weeks away. Can you confirm tickets, cars on show etc.

Thanks