PDA

View Full Version : Rye Run Details

pistol pete
27th February 2009, 01:12 AM
MR2 Rye Run. Sunday 5th April. Details.

The route has now been tested satisfactorily and the details are as follows:
The Rye run will be split into two legs.

The first leg is from the motorway services on the M20 (J8) to Rye Harbour where there will be a break for refreshments.

The second leg is to the Bentley wild fowl and car museum near Lewes where the run will end. It is not our intention to go into the museum but it is just somewhere convenient to end the run. (Please note there is no access to toilet facilities from the museum car park) If the weather is nice that day there is a pub down the road where we can have a beer.

Meet at the Motorway services on the M20, Junction 8.
The run starts at 11.30am but please arrive by at least 11.00am so we can hand out directions and any last minute details. We leave the services and head passed Leeds Castle, going through the Kent Weald via Tenterden to Rye Harbour, approx 30 miles of country roads. There is a large car park at the harbour with public toilets, a small pub and cafe. We will be there for approx one hour. Have a beer or cup of tea. A packed lunch is always a good option.
At 1.30pm we leave Rye Harbour and go through Hastings and then Battle ending up at The Bentley car museum. Approx 40 miles of lovely Kent country roads.

(Times are approximate and for guidance only)

Below is the route please feel free to print this as would be a great help to the organiser in the no. of copies they have to bring..

MR2 RYE RUN

M20 Motorway services (Junction 8) / To Rye Harbour
Nearest Post Code TN31 7TT

• From the roundabout over Junction 8 Take 2nd exit (Straight over) heading for Leeds Castle.

• At 3rd roundabout turn right (2nd exit) onto B2163

• At T junction, turn left onto A274. Pass through Headcorn to Biddenden onto A262 (Same road)

• At end of A262 turn right onto A28 and go through Tenterden high Street.

• Near the end of Tenderden high street turn left onto B2082

• At the end of B2082 you will join the A268 just outside Rye.

• As you enter Rye take the 2nd exit (right turn) at the roundabout onto A259

• Continue through Rye keping left, cross the water (River Rother)

• Turn left signposted Rye Harbour (Go through the industrial estate)

• The end of this road is a dead end. Turn right into the large car park.

Your contact on the day is Alan Cayzer. Mobile 07944 836442

RYE HARBOUR to BENTLEY MUSEUM (LEWES)
Bentley Wildfoul and Motor Museum. Halland. Lewes BN8 5AF www.bentley.org.uk (http://www.bentley.org.uk)

• From Rye Harbour, return to the main road and turn left onto A259 towards Hastings.

• When you reach Hastings along the sea front, turn right after the roundabout onto A2101 (Sign posted A21 London.)

• At the 2nd roundabout (Aprrox 2 miles, top of the hill) turn right onto A21 towards London.

• Shortly passed the Brewers Fare “The Windmill” Take left turning onto A2100 heading towards Battle. (Hastings Rd)

• Pass through Battle to 2nd roundabout onto the A271

• Just passed Battle Hospital, as the A271 bends to the left, turn right onto B2096 (Netherfield - Heathfield?)

• Turn left onto A265 through Heathfield to Cross-in-Hand

• At Cross-in-Hand Turn left onto B2102 runs into B2192 (towards Lewes)

• At Halland go straight across the roundabout (by the Black Lion Pub and junction with A22) continuing on the B2192.

• Take a right hand turn into Harvey’s Lane
(Signposted to Bentley Wildfowl and Motor Museum)

• The Lane bends sharply to the left with the Museum entrance to the right.

• The run ends in the museum car park.

and map of the route
part 1
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/MR2RyeRunpart1.jpg
part 2
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/MR2RyeRunpart2.jpg

Please put attendies names below

Ben
27th February 2009, 10:34 AM
1 Pistol Pete
2 Ben Edwards

Alan SE
22nd March 2009, 09:52 AM
Er, only two weeks to go until this event, and only three cars? I can't believe it! Start putting your names down, lets get a list together;

1 Pistol Pete
2 Ben Edwards
3 Alan Cayzer

The Beach
23rd March 2009, 09:06 AM
Im In :D

Pistol Pete
2 Ben Edwards
3 Alan Cayzer
4 Lee Beach

fowl
23rd March 2009, 04:02 PM
I might not be able to make it as Fowl will be off the road, i'm waiting for a date when Jinxy can fit me in to get the work done for it's MOT, :( hopefully Fowl will be back on the road in time for Enfield.

omracing
23rd March 2009, 10:04 PM
I might not be able to make it as Fowl will be off the road, i'm waiting for a date when Jinxy can fit me in to get the work done for it's MOT, :( hopefully Fowl will be back on the road in time for Enfield.

Steve ,

I assume thats means you're no longer coming to the Rolling Road on the 18th April ? What needs doing for the MOT ?

unowho
23rd March 2009, 10:18 PM
Jinxy and I are unable to attend as we are at Snetterton for the MR2 Racing, Jinxy getting into his Scruteering role :shifty:

omracing
23rd March 2009, 10:44 PM
Im In :D

Pistol Pete
2 Ben Edwards
3 Alan Cayzer
4 Lee Beach

Apologises but I'm working this weekend, so I can't make it. :(

andyj
24th March 2009, 05:48 PM
We're off skiing so can't be there. Hope the weather is good for the run.

Andy

Monkeymax
24th March 2009, 08:02 PM
There's still snow somewhere at this time of year?
(Missed my snowboarding trip earlier this year... :( )

Alan SE
26th March 2009, 06:24 PM
If we don't have at least 8 names listed by Next Thursday, 2nd April we'll have to postpone the Rye Run. It's just not worth it with any less cars so if you are thinking of coming to this event put your name down.

1 Pistol Pete
2 Ben Edwards
3 Alan Cayzer
4 Lee Beach

crazylegs
26th March 2009, 06:36 PM
why not rearrange it so we can go to the car museum? its a bit strange having a car club on a drive finishing at a motor museum but with no time to go in !

pistol pete
26th March 2009, 07:27 PM
cos you would have to start the run earlier which would mean less people comming

cos most like a nice lay in. i personnaly far more interested in the car run than museum :)

but i think what kev has said is good feedback alan needs to know if peple are interested in doing a short run to somehwere like the museum or rather a longer run??

pete

crazylegs
26th March 2009, 09:03 PM
yep my preference is always to have a run to something. not just a run for the sake of it. as you know we went at christmas and had a good drive out. for me a drive, a lunch and an event is how i like it. others may not want this maybe have the museum as a mid point this gives a choice?
mind you i dont know whats there, two cars and a bicycle might not be worth it !!

unowho
26th March 2009, 11:28 PM
Hi all

Sorry we are unable to attend this run :-: , we are at Snetterton, Jinxy starting his Scrutineering that weekend :o

Have a good run :+:

pistol pete
27th March 2009, 07:48 AM
err.. thanks debs.. but now you said you cannot make it 2wice

does that mean 2 negatives make a positive :geek:

Alan SE
27th March 2009, 09:11 AM
There will be time to go into the museum if you want. We anticipate arriving at the museum by approx 3.30 to 4.00pm. However, it's £6 to get in and there aren't that many cars therefore feel doesn't give value for money. It is also a wild life sanctuary so if that's your thing then feel free to go in.
So Kevin, are you putting your name down?

crazylegs
2nd April 2009, 08:41 AM
sorry no, its a long way to come in my SC at 20/25 mpg. i just dont have the spare cash for a 200 ml drive at the moment. it is a nice drive but a long way from me for just a drive.

Alan SE
2nd April 2009, 05:22 PM
Ok guys,
Due to a lack of interest the Rye Run is POSTPONED until another time. It seems a shame to cancel it having spent so much time finding the route, where to start/finish etc etc.
Thanks to Ben, Pete and Lee who put their names down for the run and sincere apologies to them and Mark whose idea it originally was. He is very disappointed!

fowl
2nd April 2009, 06:30 PM
Ok guys,
Due to a lack of interest the Rye Run is POSTPONED until another time. It seems a shame to cancel it having spent so much time finding the route, where to start/finish etc etc.
Thanks to Ben, Pete and Lee who put their names down for the run and sincere apologies to them and Mark whose idea it originally was. He is very disappointed!
Hi Alan and Mark, i'm very sorry to hear that but nothing i could do to be there, my car is Sorned but will hopefully be running again soon!

The Beach
2nd April 2009, 11:22 PM
Hi

Yes a little disappointed about the run being postponed :( but i'm sure there will be great interest in the forth coming Brands Hatch race day.

I will be there in my White t bar that went back on the road yesterday with now added shiny bits :shock:
Take care all

Blue84
5th April 2009, 05:18 PM
Hi all

I totally forgot all about this until when I was driving my MK1 locally earlier.

I was still up for it aswell!

Shame it's postponed, I am still up for it whenever it's decided to be given a try again.