PDA

View Full Version : new member in dublin

alpha13
18th February 2009, 09:27 AM
hi guys, i am a new member here, finnaly got my first mk1 mr2 :) last july from japan, have wanted one since i was 8, and it is everything i could have wanted. it is an 86 mk1 but with the 87 face lift spec and it is t-bar sc and who ever had it in japan obviously spent a few quid on it as there is a lot of extra stuff on the car the full extent of modifications i do not know, but they are nice ones and keep the car close to original, it was originally white but it was painted daytona yellow and with the black around it i call my buddy bumblebee because of the colour and the sting in the tail:) there is a lovely set of bbs classic style rims on the car momo steering wheel and gear knob also black and yellow, a sports exhaust bucket seats and there was springs and shocks in it that lowered the car, i have replaced the springs with the stock 88 ones to increase the height as with the 205/50/15 tyres on the car it was far far to low and not practical, i also removed the hks induction kit and replaced it with the proper air filter system. i am going to do the car up to look like brand new even though it is very clean and good already simply because it deserves to be.... currently waiting for the trd engine mounts for it because of the modifications around the engine it is phenomenoly powerfull on take of way more than should be by just ecu and sc pulley mod, anyway enough boring you all about my car, as for me i am in dublin in ireland, mark is the name, 33 and in case you havent guessed it nuts about my car. laughs.
feel free to contact me anyone and i will reply when i can
i will put up a pic of the car when i can figure out how....lol

Monkeymax
18th February 2009, 09:33 AM
:shock:
A yellow T-bar SC with BBS wheels!!!

Where is the drooling smilie when you need it?!?!??!?!?!

Sounds amazing! Any more pics?

Welcome to the club!

alpha13
18th February 2009, 10:12 AM
you said it!!! heh heh heh
currently uploading a load of them to photobucket so i can have them on a url.... i will post them as soon as i can of course that is when i figure out what the heck im doing :lol:
http://s646.photobucket.com/albums/uu185/a13alpha/ this is the alpum with the pics of the car for anyone who is interested in seeing it

Monkeymax
18th February 2009, 12:56 PM
I was reading last night that those BBS alloys are something in the region of 5.5kgs each - nice and light!
(I reckon they'd looks stunning on your car if they were black though... 8-) )

It's a shame the engine bay is still white... Is it the same in the frunk?
Still looks very nice though! :+:

mr2mk1chick
18th February 2009, 01:12 PM
I was reading last night that those BBS alloys are something in the region of 5.5kgs each - nice and light!
Thats why the mk1 racers used to use them :+:

alpha13
18th February 2009, 02:20 PM
that was the car was white under the engine bay and frunk when it was in japan the bay is now yellow(not the right shade of it but close for the time being) the frunk is still white but when the good weather comes i will be rubbing it down and spraying it black as well as replace all the side skirt seals and mouldings that have shrunk in length. the wheels are proper split rim alloys so i can only imagine how much they cost. heh heh :D as i said i will put it to practicaly brand new even though it is already very good over time. i suspect the car was used form drag strip racing with the suspension setup that was in it and the initial take off and all the rest. it is the only thing that makes sense as it was rubbing like mad over any bump at all no matter how slight and turning was almost none existent, which was why i put the stock 88 mk1 springs into it because i wanted to keep the wheels and the brand new toyo tr1's i put on it... still rubs a bit at times but no where near as bad as it was.

oukie
18th February 2009, 04:32 PM
Hi mate Thats one nice looking mk1

By the way its the tyre size thats causing the rubbing (205/50/15) is just abit to wide up front, I had these on an old mk1 and even with standard suspension I still got rubbing when hitting bumps etc , I now have 15's with 195/50/15 no probs no rubbing, I also have on my main mk1, 195/45/16 :twisted: and no rubbing so im pretty sure its down to 205 is just towide up front :+:

Also 205 width tends to affect the handling where as 195 seems to be ok (185 is standard width) :+:

alpha13
18th February 2009, 07:28 PM
thanks for the compliment :) your right about the tyres but it seems i needed to keep them 205 for them wheels and as you can see the wheels really suit the car so by putting in the stock springs i figured it would give me a good inch or two but it was more so as the tyres wouldnt rub as much the alternative was pick up a set of tear drop alloys and as nice as they are the wheels on the car are far nicer, i have the car as a second classic car so dont use it that much so it isnt too much of a problem it was well looked after the engine is as sweet and quiet and only 94000km on it 85000km when i got it and it is genuine mileage to.