PDA

View Full Version : links opening in new windows would be nice

Paff
31st January 2009, 10:46 AM
Only a small one and I can live with it not being sorted but it might be better for some people if clickys opened in new windows rather than moved away from the forum.

I run all my broswers in tabs and on every other forum I use a clicky opens a new tab, when I've finished I click the little X to close it and go back to the forum rather than hit the back button. It has meant on more than one occasion I close the tab the forum was on (not a problem with undo close tab), or get lost in a sea of links and end up many clicks away from the forum.

it might bug some people so I thought I might mention it.

mr2mk1chick
31st January 2009, 06:35 PM
I think it works for me if you hit shift and click...

Paff
31st January 2009, 06:43 PM
Yep, I know there are ways round it, my wireless mouse des it with the 3rd button, was just thinking some people might not realise if they just click the link it stays in the same window.

ta for the reply.

mr2mk1chick
1st February 2009, 09:41 AM
Max, our resident forum expert, will no doubt take a look at some point, but the list of things to tweak is quite long. Glad you know the ways round it in the meantime.

Paff
1st February 2009, 09:59 AM
Max, our resident forum expert, will no doubt take a look at some point, but the list of things to tweak is quite long. Glad you know the ways round it in the meantime.

Was an IT consultant for quite some time so have an understanding how new systems can take time to implement and iron the bugs out\add tweeks :)
any suggestions I make will most likely just be to help the site run smoother for others. Help make the forum as best as can be.

mr2mk1chick
1st February 2009, 06:06 PM

Was an IT consultant for quite some time so have an understanding how new systems can take time to implement and iron the bugs out\add tweeks :)
any suggestions I make will most likely just be to help the site run smoother for others. Help make the forum as best as can be.
:+:

Monkeymax
2nd February 2009, 09:41 PM
Cheers Paff. It has been mentioned before, and has been on my to-do list for a while. Unfortunately it's on there with a whole load of other things, but hopefully will be sorted soon...
-Max