PDA

View Full Version : Another north of the border Newbie

Caledonian
30th January 2009, 08:27 PM
Hi All,

I've been browsing the site last few days and thought to myself, time to join.

I had a Mk1 as a demo when they first arrived here :o Yup, I'm old :shh: And I've just decided to have another. The hunt starts here. I guess you'll be hearing a lot of pleas for advice, so, please be patient with me :lol:

Glad to be aboard and thanks for having me

Jack

bmwbill
30th January 2009, 08:37 PM
:) Welcome , Another one from the north east :+: there will soon be a clan of us :+: there are a few of us up here , good luck with the hunt for a mk1. age is no barrier to enjoying these fantastic cars

Bill.

Caledonian
30th January 2009, 09:06 PM
age is no barrier to enjoying these fantastic cars

Bill.

It is if it stops you getting in and out of 'em :D

Jack

mr2mk1chick
31st January 2009, 06:29 PM
Hiya Jack
welcome aborad :wave:

good luck with your mk1 hunt. you will get plenty of support here :+:

Jo

Caledonian
31st January 2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks Jo

But I think it may be the shortest hunt in history :)
Just been to have a look at a Mica Blue one that I think fits the bill :clap:
I'll let you all know tomorrow,

Jack

mr2mk1chick
1st February 2009, 09:35 AM
Thanks Jo

But I think it may be the shortest hunt in history :)
Just been to have a look at a Mica Blue one that I think fits the bill :clap:
I'll let you all know tomorrow,

Jack

cool :+:

BTW - take a copy of the mk1 buyers guide with you if you need from the main website. its gives you all the bits to look out for

Tony Jinxy Froude
1st February 2009, 08:41 PM
Yep glad to have you on board Jack, welcome to the mk1 world, get looking at some of the events & enjoy your mk1 thats the key :+: , Jinxy

Caledonian
1st February 2009, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the welcome Jinxy.

Well, I 've gone and done it ;) Now the proud owner of a totally shagged out MR2 Mk1 in Blue Mica :clap:
It's gonna take a lot and I mean a lot, of work but the project aspect was 40% of the appeal. It came with a pair of wings and a bonnet from BOK Motorsport?? Secondhand but in really good nick and a very clean set of spare alloys :D
All in all a good weekend's work :D Let the work commence, I'd better dig out the camera.

Jack

Tony Jinxy Froude
1st February 2009, 09:37 PM
Fantastic news Jack :clap: :+: a restoration is always hard work, but you will reap the benefits when you get to drive her, theres nothing quite like a Mk1 in full flight believe me :+: :+: If you need any advice your in the right place, keep us updated on the progress & dont forget we want to see some pics too :+: , Jinxy