PDA

View Full Version : [ended] Fensport SuperFlex Full Kit Group Buy £145

Tiny
26th January 2009, 01:14 PM
Hi

LINKY (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Prothane-Total-Kit-85-89-Toyota-MR2-AW11-4AGE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1171Q7c66Q3a 4Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q 3a1Q7c294Q3a200QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZit em120368091838QQitemZ120368091838QQptZMotorsQ5fCar Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories)

£114 from Sbits = :-: rip off :evil:
$86=£61 from Ebay :+: the way forward

only thing is they wont ship to the UK so free shipping to anywhere in the States I have an office in New Jersey which will forward stuff on no problems or if there is any UK personnel visiting will just bring it back to the office here and ill send it on.

either way top cost of like £75-80 delivered to you instead of £114 :+: and thats the individual price if we can get enough interest like 5+ then i can contact them and find out if they will do a group buy price :+:

Mystery Machine
26th January 2009, 02:08 PM
The only downside is that will probably get stung for import duty & VAT which will bring them back to over £100! :x (duty applicable to purchase price & shipping)

You don't always get hit with a duty bill, but just be aware that it's not as cheap as it sounds if you do.

I've bought stuff from the States/Japan before and not had to pay anything, but also had a lovely bill arrive when I have bought other stuff in the past. :?

Tiny
26th January 2009, 02:21 PM
The benefit being in this case is the company i work for is constantly sending all kinds of parcels backwards and forwards between the offices in the states and in the UK and as such would be treated abit like internal mail same company different offices and is not suspect to import charges/VAT.

And we have a large Maintenance bay on the companys jet that has brought back everything from full engines to complete suspension kits for me when customs look the pilot just tells them they are aircraft spares :+:

Mystery Machine
26th January 2009, 02:47 PM
Wow - thanks for the reply!

If you put it like that, then please put me down for a set.

The front end of mine needs a bit of a tune-up/refresh and this will be a good start.

Thanks,

Bruce.

Tiny
26th January 2009, 03:07 PM
Ill give them a ring tonight when i get in and ask about a group buy discount see how many people we need to qualify for it. :+:

Tony Jinxy Froude
26th January 2009, 03:17 PM
Do not buy Prothane High & Tight bushes :-: they are cheap for a reason, the ones that i put on my car lasted 2 years, i then sent them back for a refund & ended up buying Superflex bushes :+: what a difference in quality, & workmanship also in performance of the bush itself, you only want to change these bushes once so do it properly with quality goods the first time round otherwise you will be spending lots of money on bushes & loads more on wheel alignment each time, Jinxy

Tiny
26th January 2009, 03:24 PM
didnt know they were of questionable quality Jinx?

What was up with them?

Where did you get your superflex ones from?

Tony Jinxy Froude
26th January 2009, 03:40 PM
Hi Tiny, everything you want to know about these bushes is documented here http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... ht&start=0 (http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55412&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=high+tight&start=0) have a good read & i believe there are a few more posts that i made concerning the bushes too so you may need to do a search mate, Jinx

Tiny
26th January 2009, 04:15 PM
:shock: well they are off my list which is a shame but if your gonna do something do it once and do it right :+:

Fensport have them for £123 if you click on the fitment guide/faq button under the AW11 superflex page it brings up another price list quoting £123 for the full kit :think:

Gravy
27th January 2009, 02:44 AM
Group buy from Fensport? I'd like a set.

Tiny
27th January 2009, 09:09 AM
Ill give them a ring today and see how many we need for a superflex proupbuy price

mr2mk1chick
27th January 2009, 09:30 AM
Group buy from Fensport? I'd like a set.
Fensport also do an imoc discount, so may help.
They 'may' do a group thinkg....
(I asked before about setting up a mk1 club discount, but they said no, as there were too many mr2 clubs set up already and expected we would already be a member with another club such as imoc......which i was.)

Tiny
27th January 2009, 10:25 AM
If you dont ask you dont get :silent: :+:

Tony Jinxy Froude
27th January 2009, 10:32 AM
Fensport are a real pain to deal with, they are mega expensive, telephone manner leaves a lot to be desired & customers service is awful.... good luck guys, your gonna need it :lol: , Jinx

russthedude
27th January 2009, 12:56 PM
Fensport are a real pain to deal with, they are mega expensive, telephone manner leaves a lot to be desired & customers service is awful.... good luck guys, your gonna need it :lol: , Jinx

lol sounds like someone has had a rough time. do you have nightmares about buying high & tight bushes, over the phone, from fensport?

tommundy
27th January 2009, 01:11 PM

lol sounds like someone has had a rough time. do you have nightmares about buying high & tight bushes, over the phone, from fensport?

Not since the counselling. :lol:

Tony Jinxy Froude
27th January 2009, 01:16 PM
:lol: :lol: you cant actually buy H&T bushes from Fensport only the Superflex ones, but yes i try & avoid having anything to do with Fensport if i can :twisted: however Fensport are the only place you can buy Superflex ones, you cant even get them direct from the manufacturers :crazy: , Jinx

PeteA
27th January 2009, 05:58 PM
Would be interested if anything comes of the GB :+:

oukie
27th January 2009, 10:45 PM
Perhaps this should be moved to Group Buys :think:

Tiny
28th January 2009, 09:15 AM
well after trying about 15 times yesturday to get through to Fensport and getting nothing but Engaged

I hit them about 5 minutes ago just after they opened and they will go to a 15% discount which inc VAT = £145 but thats on a group buy based on 10 kits

what do you think :think:

Tony Jinxy Froude
28th January 2009, 11:40 AM
Blimey :o they must be feeling the credit pinch !! they have never offered a discount before !! saying that the price was already discounted, top man Tiny :+: lads if any of you are seriously thinking of changing your bushes then Superflex are definately the way to go, you wont regret it, take it from someone who knows & has had both H&T & Superflex on their car, you really do only want to do this work once & at that price you'd be mad not to :clap: , Jinxy

Gravy
28th January 2009, 03:19 PM
They're on the website at £123.85, + VAT @ 15% = £142.43. So if we get 10 people they'll charge us more than what they're advertising :eh:

Does nowhere else sell them at all?

Tony Jinxy Froude
28th January 2009, 04:17 PM
Simple answer to that one.......er no !.
Maybe someone should challenge them regarding the price !!. Jinx

MK1 Power
28th January 2009, 05:37 PM
They're on the website at £123.85, + VAT @ 15% = £142.43. So if we get 10 people they'll charge us more than what they're advertising :eh:

Does nowhere else sell them at all?
I had a look, as I want a set myself at some point, and from what I can see, the price on Fensport is: £140.97 + VAT = £162.12

Please correct me if I'm wrong? :+:

Will.

Tiny
28th January 2009, 06:35 PM
Ill clear up the price thing they are currently on inventory at Fensport at £155.06+vat

To Joe blogs public they are currently being sold on their main page at a 10% discount (january thing) for £140.97+vat

if you click the fitment guide and info button above the prices it takes you to another page where they are being sold at 15% off £123.85+vat

When i asked him about the 15% off price shown on the fitment page the chap said this was an old page and that was not the price they are selling them for and will be rectified shortly :crazy:

Fensport are offering the club the price of £145inc vat per-set delivered based on 10 people

normal price is £178

Can a mod Just put this post in the group buy section

MK1 Power
28th January 2009, 06:56 PM
Ill clear up the price thing they are currently on inventory at Fensport at £155.06+vat

To Joe blogs public they are currently being sold on their main page at a 10% discount (january thing) for £140.97+vat

if you click the fitment guide and info button above the prices it takes you to another page where they are being sold at 15% off £123.85+vat

When i asked him about the 15% off price shown on the fitment page the chap said this was an old page and that was not the price they are selling them for and will be rectified shortly :crazy:

Fensport are offering the club the price of £145inc vat per-set delivered based on 10 people

normal price is £178

Can a mod Just put this post in the group buy section
Ahh, thanks Tiny. :+:

I understand now. Blimey it is complicated then. :lol:
To be honest, I think they're website is dreadful. :-:

Will definitely be getting some of these, but I have no idea when.
If the group buy does get started, I may be interested, depending on my funds. :+:

Will.

Tony Jinxy Froude
28th January 2009, 11:45 PM
Hang on a minute, they cant just advertise a price & go oh er thats the wrong price, surely they have to sell them at the price advertised ( trades description etc ??????? ) poxy fensport, someone needs to point this out to them methinks :crazy: , Jinx

Gravy
29th January 2009, 01:44 AM
See that's what I was thinking.

I agree with Mk1 Power their website is horrendous, and it's not been updated for years from what I can remember.

cartledge_uk
29th January 2009, 08:23 AM
CAn I just say I (and others) have had no problem with H&T bushes, and I raced and track dayed on mine, they have been removed from the one car and put on another.

PeteA
29th January 2009, 08:43 AM
The different price listings is poor, but they can sell at whatever price they want, doesn't need to be the one on the site. If a GB happens on the H&T ones i'd be in for those.

Tony Jinxy Froude
29th January 2009, 10:27 AM
CAn I just say I (and others) have had no problem with H&T bushes, and I raced and track dayed on mine, they have been removed from the one car and put on another.

Yeah i know Tim, but you dont use the car day in & day out, also have you had both Superflex & H&T on your car to experience the difference, not only in what the bushes offer, but the quality of the product ? chalk & cheese mate they really are, take for instance, H&T offer a Steel sleeve for the bushes, Superflex offer a Stainless steel sleeve for all their bushes, so you put them on your car, pass a bolt through the sleeve onto the suspension, 1 year later H&T bush wearing out because the bolt has now rusted solid onto the sleeve being steel hindering any future removal of suspension parts, now the only movement is between the sleeve & bush, the sleeve is rough due to the rust pitting on the surface, result is that the bush being softer than the sleeve is worn away, Stainless doesnt rust so the superlex ones go on doing their job :+: thats why the H&T ones are cheap, in this case you really do get what you pay for. You cant argue with that Tim, this is not something ive made up in my mind its fact, ive been there mate :+: , Jinxy

mk1chris
29th January 2009, 11:09 AM
As a price has been set, this has been moved to group buys. Get your names down:

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

russthedude
29th January 2009, 11:44 AM
Hang on a minute, they cant just advertise a price & go oh er thats the wrong price, surely they have to sell them at the price advertised ( trades description etc ??????? ) poxy fensport, someone needs to point this out to them methinks :crazy: , Jinx

My trading standards law knowledge may not be up-to-date any longer, but, I'm sure it used to be (and may still be) that if a product was advertised at a certain price, the retailer must either sell it to you at that price, or withdraw the product from sale for 6 weeks. My mum used to be a trading standards officer, but I'm sure she just used to make up laws of her own every time she wanted to buy something on the cheap lol

I'll see how my bank balance is looking in a couple of weeks and see hwo the ride feels on the new car as well, btu I'm definately interested. when does this group buy finish?

mk1chris
29th January 2009, 12:05 PM
My trading standards law knowledge may not be up-to-date any longer, but, I'm sure it used to be (and may still be) that if a product was advertised at a certain price, the retailer must either sell it to you at that price, or withdraw the product from sale for 6 weeks.

Not so. This changed in the 1980's and it's a common misconception. Retailers are not obliged to sell you anything, at any price if they don't want to. After all, it's their stock, so it belongs to them until you agree a sale, only then is the contract of sale taken up between the customer and the seller.

russthedude
29th January 2009, 02:58 PM
changed in the 80's? time flies! Thinking about it, it seems like a lot of hassle to try and get them to give a decent (genuine) discount and not just extend a blanket offer that was available to all customers, even if just ordering one product. I've dealt with them before, and I wouldn't nominate them for any customer service awards. Wonder if it's worth talking to a supplier in another country. Am I right in thinking they are amde in Australia these bushes? would they ship them from there to the UK if we explain that their sole UK supplier is a pain in the butt? If not, I've got friends and family living in Australia who would take delivery and then forward on to the UK. just a thought, not sure if there's any difference in price though, exchange rates are grim at the moment.

Tony Jinxy Froude
29th January 2009, 05:01 PM
No such luck, ive been on the phone to Superflex in person in the past & spoken to the top guy, it seems that Fensport are the sole supplier for the mk1 bushes as they order in huge quantities & have some sort of contract with Superflex that Fensport will be the only supplier, Fensport then sell them worldwide, ive been up every avenue on this believe me, Fensport wont budge & neither will Superflex. So you can ONLY order from Fensport which is why they are so pigging ignorant over this, it seems they have the Monopoly & can charge what they like :twisted: , Jinxy

Tiny
29th January 2009, 05:05 PM
not to mention postage from OZ is likely to knock out any potential savings made :think:

omracing
29th January 2009, 09:44 PM
Quick question, has this changed to a list of people that want Supreflex bushes from Fensport or are we still talking about prothane bushes. I can get these for £85-£90 on a group buy.

NDR008
30th January 2009, 08:26 AM
I'd be interested in the H&T and in superflex for the right price.
From my investigation: I suspect the H&T are made of a slightly different type of polymer and therefore the type of grease is critical to not breaking it down.

Similar to latex found in condoms dissolving in most oil based fluids.

Tony Jinxy Froude
30th January 2009, 09:42 AM
I'd be interested in the H&T and in superflex for the right price.
From my investigation: I suspect the H&T are made of a slightly different type of polymer and therefore the type of grease is critical to not breaking it down.

Similar to latex found in condoms dissolving in most oil based fluids.

Absolutely right !! the problem is that most of the grease is removed from the steel tubes a soon as they are pushed into the bush, because they are steel only, the Grease would have helped prevent rusting, the stainless ones on Superflex dont need lubing as such because they will always be rust free :+: Your also spot on with regard to the material used to make the bushes, H&T ones seem to have a memory, i remember taking them off & finding that where some of the bushes twist as part of the suspension the bushes had in fact twisted too & remined in that shape once removed :( ive removed suspension components which have my Superflex bushes attatched & they bush springs back into shape instantly & shows no sign of being on there for the last 18 months or so... like i said, Chalk & cheese :+: , Jinxy

Tiny
30th January 2009, 10:59 AM
Im taking responsibility for this Group buy and will run it. Can a Mod Edit the Title to "Fensport SuperFlex Full Kit Group Buy £145 a Set!"

Need 10 People im going to contact them today to find out what timescale they want but im going to put a 1 month limit so you have this Payday IE today and tomorrow and Februarys Payday to get the money together.

£145 for a full Superflex Kit delivered. saving just under £35 off the full price.

1.Tiny

Please only put your names up if you can definetly pay and definetly want a set as it will only ruin it for others if you dont.

NDR008
30th January 2009, 11:46 AM
£145 for a full Superflex Kit delivered. saving just under £35 off the full price.

I'll wait to see how the MOT goes before deciding, however for the record - not all of us have pay day on the last Friday of the month.

Tiny
30th January 2009, 12:02 PM
No not everyone does thats why i have given a decent timescale for interested parties :+:

NDR008
30th January 2009, 03:29 PM
Don't worry, it was obvious you were being considerate - and I didn't say that comment with a serious tone (or didn't intend to anyway), more of a joking comment.

Tiny
30th January 2009, 04:16 PM
http://www.viscerotica.net/pictures/commentary/internet_serious_business4.jpg

:P

Monkeymax
30th January 2009, 05:20 PM
Im taking responsibility for this Group buy and will run it. Can a Mod Edit the Title to "Fensport SuperFlex Full Kit Group Buy £145 a Set!"

Hi Ben.
Done - though you can (should be able to!) edit your old posts and change the title too... :+:

Gravy
30th January 2009, 08:04 PM
I'll be in for sure, I think I read that I have to join the club first but that's not issue if accurate :+:

russd1
1st February 2009, 03:03 PM
1.Tiny
2.russd1(jinxys mate)

Hi tiny, how do we pay?
thanks for organising the group buy

Tiny
1st February 2009, 08:51 PM
Ideally i would prefer when we have the full 10 people that Fensport can provide a unique reference number to get the group buy price and everyone individually pays Fensport on one day or we can do it the old fashioned way everyone gives me money and ill pay fensport in a 1er :+:

Vyizis
2nd February 2009, 01:38 AM
Just so i know does this include all the bushes on the car including front and rear antiroll bars?

Tony Jinxy Froude
2nd February 2009, 08:41 AM
Kit does not include steering rack bushes, but does include front & rear ARB bushes, however you will need to measure the diameter of the rear ARB & have the info at the time of ordering, you cant order without this info, Jinx

Gravy
3rd February 2009, 01:35 PM
How do you measure the ARB? Is it an obvious thing underneath the car?

Crynox
9th February 2009, 08:40 PM
1.Tiny
2.russd1(jinxys mate)
3.Crynox

Hi tiny, how do we pay?
thanks for organising the group buy

Im interested, count me in!

crynox.

The Silver Fox
9th February 2009, 09:37 PM
1.Tiny
2.russd1(jinxys mate)
3.Crynox
4. Silver Surfer

What should the rear ARB be on a Mk1a? Just so I know if I am measuring it right.

Tiny
12th February 2009, 09:34 AM
It varies quite abit but Get under the car with a set of calipers and measure each side of the stock bush :+:

Crynox
18th February 2009, 08:19 PM
Is this still going ahead ?

Tiny
18th February 2009, 11:43 PM
As long as we get the numbers then Yes if not then probably no :(

Gad
19th February 2009, 01:08 PM
A few people were mentioning sorting a group buy for these on the IMOC MK1 section so I've mentioned you've got this set up already. Might be worth popping over to fill them in. :)

richyrask
19th February 2009, 05:43 PM
1.Tiny
2.russd1(jinxys mate)
3.Crynox
4. Silver Surfer
5. Richyrask

Count me in as well, if you cant get them from anywhere else then it looks like this is going to be the best bet. Not measured rear ARB but can sort details at time of order, yes?

Rich

WeirdNeville
19th February 2009, 08:05 PM
1.Tiny
2.russd1(jinxys mate)
3.Crynox
4. Silver Surfer
5. Richyrask
6. WeirdNeville

Ta Guys! Can anyone advise on the best price for the Koni adjustable Suspension Kit too? It's just jumped from £390 to £510 over at DCD Designs! :shock:

richyrask
19th February 2009, 10:03 PM
Ta Guys! Can anyone advise on the best price for the Koni adjustable Suspension Kit too? It's just jumped from £390 to £510 over at DCD Designs!

I cant give you a price as I had mine from DC Designs about 4 years ago. What I can tell you is that fitting the kit will transform your car. I had a massive smile on my face every time I drove it after fitting. Cant wait to get the thing back on the road this summer. I think I paid about £400 then for the kit with apex ? or is it apexi springs, 30mm lower 25% stiffer if I remember rightly.

Tiny
20th February 2009, 09:48 AM
1.Tiny
2.russd1(jinxys mate)
3.Crynox
4. Silver Surfer
5. Richyrask
6. WeirdNeville
7. Yellow Mitch

3 left to go

Tiny
27th February 2009, 11:48 AM
Tomorrows the Last Day.

Im away this weekend but will phone Fensport on Monday there may be a small increase there may not especially in the current climate they may take the 7 we have. Heres Hoping.

Ill keep you posted :wave:

richyrask
27th February 2009, 06:50 PM
Thanks mate, its appreciated.

Polypedates
27th February 2009, 10:19 PM
1.Tiny
2.russd1(jinxys mate)
3.Crynox
4. Silver Surfer
5. Richyrask
6. WeirdNeville
7. Yellow Mitch
8. Polypedates

Tiny
2nd March 2009, 09:36 AM
Hello Morning :wave:

Fensport have said yes to the 8 we have :D VERY minor price increase though its £147 instead of 145.

How we proceed from here is

1st. I need a list of the people's real names to give Fensport.
2nd. You MUST know your ARB sizes when ordering.
3rd. Phone up Fensport say your part of the Mk1 MR2 Group buy give your name the chap at fensport will tick you off a list and that will give you access to the group buy.
4th. Pay fensport.

Im not doing one big order as that will mean i have to take money from you all pay Fensport who will then send everything to me and then ill have to post everything to you individually.

Please PM me with your real names or can a Mod give me them so i can give them to Fensport. :+:

richyrask
2nd March 2009, 08:43 PM
PM'd Thanks Tiny :D

Tiny
3rd March 2009, 10:34 AM
:evil:

I am So Pissed off right now its unbelieveable.

After submitting the Names list to Fensport after talking to them yesturday and them agreeing the price they have gone back on what they have said saying the price on their website is not the price we pay their "Quick books" which they refer to for prices have changed and they have not updated the website. Despite numerous conversations and talking where the price listed on their website was agreed at £142.42 inc VAT and where still on their website is listed at £123.85 with the 15% discount we were getting see attached screenshot.
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/03/Fensport-1.jpg

They have basically said if we want it its not £142+shipping of £7ish its now £161.85 inc VAt and shipping.

Im pissed of because its not what was agreed they know about this group buy they havent changed the website nor has any attempt been made to contact myself regarding the price increase nor was anything mentioned yesturday when i spoke to them confirming we still had the group buy price and numbers. When i asked when the correspondance was sent from superflex to fensport to change the price i was told they were not going to tell me as it was none of my business.

Just totally rude no professionalism and just so aggrevating as its not fair on all of you and makes me feel crap.

Am i getting too worked up over £11 though? :think:

Tiny
3rd March 2009, 11:37 AM
Just spoke to superflex to see if i could bypass Fensport all together but they dont sell to individuals and Fensport are the Sole UK distributer.

What was interesting thoug hwas the fact that superflex have not Made any changes to the prices for over a Year so Fensport just lied ot me :evil:

mr2mk1chick
3rd March 2009, 11:39 AM
:evil:

I am So Pissed off right now its unbelieveable.

After submitting the Names list to Fensport after talking to them yesturday and them agreeing the price they have gone back on what they have said saying the price on their website is not the price we pay their "Quick books" which they refer to for prices have changed and they have not updated the website. Despite numerous conversations and talking where the price listed on their website was agreed at £142.42 inc VAT and where still on their website is listed at £123.85 with the 15% discount we were getting see attached screenshot.
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/03/Fensport-1.jpg

They have basically said if we want it its not £142+shipping of £7ish its now £161.85 inc VAt and shipping.

Im pissed of because its not what was agreed they know about this group buy they havent changed the website nor has any attempt been made to contact myself regarding the price increase nor was anything mentioned yesturday when i spoke to them confirming we still had the group buy price and numbers. When i asked when the correspondance was sent from superflex to fensport to change the price i was told they were not going to tell me as it was none of my business.

Just totally rude no professionalism and just so aggrevating as its not fair on all of you and makes me feel crap.

Am i getting too worked up over £11 though? :think:

Thats pretty poor customer service IMO :-:
Am i getting this right - thier price on the site is wrong?
I thought that they had to honour an advertised price?
Send a quick email to trading standards for advice....

WeirdNeville
3rd March 2009, 11:49 AM
I'm also in two minds about this.
I wanted to get the Superflex bushes down to an aceptable price, TBH I was wanting them for closer to £130 but £145 seemed acceptable. However, to agree a price and then change it when people have comitted as Fensport have done is just plain bad business. It's the principal rather than the money. I've been holding off getting them at the price they list on their site as I've been waiting for a group buy to come up, so to find out that that price is out by near enough £40 is very poor.

I'd heard bad thinks about Fensport Customer Services. I tried to order stuff once but couldn't through to them on the phone so shipped it from the States instead. All in all this has really soured my opionon of them. A Big :-: for Fensport and I'm left wondering whether I want to give £160 to a company I feel doesn't deserve it.

mr2mk1chick
3rd March 2009, 06:21 PM
On their terms and conditions:

Prices: Please note that we reserve the right to change Product range, specifications and prices without prior notice.

richyrask
3rd March 2009, 06:30 PM
The problem I have is that like a fool I have removed some of the bushes already as I am restoring all my suspension. If I had not done this I would cancel my involvment now. As said its not the money its the principle, this situation is down right wrong. I'm going to have a look at my options but I really wanted the superflex, due to there reputation.

I think someone should speak to Superflex and tell them what a shower of s**t fennsport are.

Tiny, I hope this group buy doesn't go pear shaped as you have put a lot of effort into it, which is appreciated. If i do go ahead it will be my last purchase from these sharks. I guess jinxy was right all along.

NOT HAPPY. :x

Tony Jinxy Froude
3rd March 2009, 07:17 PM
Ive said it for soo long now, but i'll say it again, i refuse to deal with Fensport, because, their prices are way too high, service is crap, telephone manner is appauling & rude & i will do anything not to deal with them.
I also think ive mentioned before that Superflex will not deal with anyone direct, Fensport cut a sole distributor deal with Superflex to supply the Mk1 mr2 bushes so that no one else can, the reason being is that Fensport sell & order so many ( Hardly surprising seeing as they are the only distributors ) I knew this would happen, its happened in the past, but i actually though that because of the economic crisis they would deal differently, really hope they go bust !!! :roll: :crazy: , Jinxy

WeirdNeville
3rd March 2009, 08:34 PM
On their terms and conditions:

Prices: Please note that we reserve the right to change Product range, specifications and prices without prior notice.
I accept that, it's normal practice to state it. But to agreed a price one day and change it the next is simply bad practice IMO. I'm not feeling any more positive about this as time wears on. I feel like I'm being mugged a bit Tbh!
I've been looking online for overseas supplier, I'd be happy to wait for shipping and pay duty if it meant Fensport NOT getting my money, but it doesn't look like it's possible.

Tony Jinxy Froude
3rd March 2009, 09:05 PM
The problem is that Fensport know a top quality item when they see it & you wont get much better than Superflex hence the reason they are the only stockists, thats why they can treat you like crap because they are the middle man for some of the best equipment available for the mk1 :twisted: , Jinxy

Tiny
4th March 2009, 10:21 AM
Bit of a Result Adrian the Boss came back to work and they have sent me an email this morning.

Good morning Ben.

I have spoken to Adrian upon his return this morning, and we have agreed to give you 20% discount on your group buy as a goodwill gesture.
Therefore, each kit will now cost £144.10 including VAT but minus carriage. Including individual carriage this comes to £152.44.

Extra insurance due to the value would cost an additional £4.95 + VAT.
Whichever way would be more convenient for you,

Best Regards
Tim

Bit of a Result :+:

WeirdNeville
4th March 2009, 10:53 AM
Good work Tiny! :clap:
Still, I'm sure you could have done without the hassle.
I'll get mine ordered as soon as I've had a chance to measure my ARB.

WeirdNeville
4th March 2009, 03:15 PM
Just put my order in. I have to say they were polite and quick to deal with! No problems at the new price either.

I hope my ARB is 12mm! I did it on the basis that a 13mm spanner went on there easy, but there was no way an 11mm spanner was! Does that sound right for an 88 E plate car, or did they literally fit whatever they had lying around the facotry floor at the time?

richyrask
4th March 2009, 06:18 PM
Great work Tiny and thanks, I'm sure the £150 extra they were going to get from us wasn't worth trashing their reputation. Will order tomorrow.

Tony Jinxy Froude
4th March 2009, 07:02 PM
:lol: What reputation ???.... except a bad one !!, Jinx

richyrask
5th March 2009, 12:35 PM
What reputation ???.... except a bad one !!, Jinx

Point taken, but this would have finished it off. At least its sorted.

Tiny
6th March 2009, 02:27 PM
I paid today and was only the 3rd person to pay

can those that have agreed to the group buy please pay soon :+:

The Silver Fox
6th March 2009, 05:31 PM
Ordered mine today

Tiny
9th March 2009, 08:31 PM
received mine today all looking good!

V-fast delivery

Tony Jinxy Froude
10th March 2009, 10:24 AM
Ive ordered Nigel's ( russd1 ) bushes today, so thats all sorted too :+: , Jinxy

richyrask
11th March 2009, 08:25 PM
Ordered mine last week, tried to deliver today but I was out, so arriving Friday and will start fitting soon as i refurb my suspension. Thanks again Tiny.

Tony Jinxy Froude
11th March 2009, 08:34 PM
Nigel's ( Russd1) bushes arrived today, good delivery service, cant complain about that :clap: , Jinxy

Polypedates
12th March 2009, 04:36 PM
Mine arrived today (ordered last thing Monday) :+:

Measured my rear ARB at 13+mm (it was rusty) so went with the 14mm ARB bushes - hopefully all will be OK. They definitely weren't 12mm as I double checked with a spanner.

They look great - shame no-one will see them once they are fitted!

Tiny
12th March 2009, 04:39 PM
no but you will feel it :wave:

richyrask
13th March 2009, 07:26 PM
Mine arrived today and I'm very impressed with the quality. Started to fit them to one of bottom arms that I have restored and I must say that the inner one piece bush was a pain and took all my engineering mastery of getting round something to get the dam thing in.

Eventually I used a motorcycle type exaust clamp to act like a piston ring compressor to squash the diameter of the bush down before pushing it in with the vice.

The old ones are also a pig to remove. I have found the best way is to cut each end off with a cutting disk in the angle grinder, then drill out as much of the rubber as you can then push the bush out using two sockets and the vice.

I think when I do the other side I may take some photo's and produce a fitting guide, just to make it a bit easier for people in the future. However I dont think I will be doing the others untill next week at the earliest.

Crynox
17th March 2009, 08:52 PM
A fitting guide would be great, as Ive not started mine yet. Any useful ideas would be appreciated. :+:

richyrask
22nd March 2009, 02:04 PM
I'm taking some photo's at the moment so when I have finished the next side I will post something up. Should be next week.

alfiembra
12th June 2009, 11:04 PM
The old ones are also a pig to remove. I have found the best way is to cut each end off with a cutting disk in the angle grinder, then drill out as much of the rubber as you can then push the bush out using two sockets and the vice.

Burn them out a blowtorch is your friend.

A fitting guide would be great, as Ive not started mine yet. Any useful ideas would be appreciated. :+:

A long 22mm socket is an essential to remove the front and rear tie rod nuts, an angle grinder, blowtorch (see above) and the patience of a saint.

Alan