PDA

View Full Version : Dorset Japanese Car Show - Sunday 2nd August 2009

unowho
25th January 2009, 10:27 PM
As you can see also got this and just managed to get round to replying and posting.

Anyone interested in organising?
Do we have anyone down that way as an Area Organising?

Still getting to grips with all this :crazy:

"Dear Rob

Ken Salmon has passed this email onto me and I will definetly be adding this to our Calendar for this year, really just getting to gripes with this organising stuff my-self as I am a relative new comer to the MR2 Mk1 Club. I will put feelers out to see if anyone is interested and I am pretty sure we must have an Area Organiser/Someone to take this task on, down that way.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further information as and when known.

Happy Motoring &
Kind Regards

Debbie.
DEBORAH WATSON
NATIONAL EVENTS CO-ORDINATOR, MR2 MK1 CLUB.

----- Original Message -----
To: DEBORAH WATSON
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2009 10:26 PM
Subject: FW: Dorset Japanese Car Show - Sunday 2nd August 2009

Hi Deb
Can you deal with this please.
Thanks
Ken
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: kensalmon@hotmail.com
Subject: Dorset Japanese Car Show - Sunday 2nd August 2009
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 20:14:36 +0000

Dorset Japanese Car Show – Sunday 2nd August 2009

Hi,

I am now able to update you with a couple of firm details!

The venue is booked and paid for so the event will be going ahead!

Due to a clash of dates with another Japanese show I have had to move the date for the Dorset Japanese Car Show.

The new and 100% confirmed and booked date is Sunday 2nd August 2009.

The venue remains the same as in previous correspondence, Canford Park Arena; I will forward full details to you in the very near future.

So far I have had around 50 clubs showing serious interest in attending so the show is shaping up to being a mini-JAE!

Please do feel free to contact me with any questions or queries or even if you have any ideas or ways you feel you may be able to help.

I very much hope that you will try and support this event and book a club stand to showcase your members cars as an unbelievable amount of planning has gone in to the show already and it promises to be a great day!

I don’t recall if I have mentioned this before but I nor any of my club staff will make any financial gain from the event and any profit that will hopefully be made will go towards making the event even bigger and better next year.

One thing I really need from you and your club now is an email address that I can use for all future correspondence as pm’ing via forums is VERY time consuming when dealing with just over 100 clubs!! (if I am already communicating via email ignore that bit!)

If you could reply to this message via email to djccadmin@ntlworld.com it would be hugely appreciated!

This promises to be a fantastic day out and as promised I will update you with more information as and when I can 100% confirm it!

If you would rather not hear anything more about this event then please email djccadmin@ntlworld.com stating which club you are from with the subject line: DJCS NO INTEREST.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and roll on August!!

Kind Regards,

Rob Edwards
Dorset Japanese Car Club
Email: djccadmin@ntlworld.com
Tel: 07980 167892"

spudgun
25th January 2009, 10:55 PM
I have met Rob a couple of times in the past (I attended a couple of DJCC events a year or so ago).
He's a pleasent chap and it would be easy enough for me to contact him, if we had enough people on here interested.
If we get some takers I could take it on, unless there are some others nearer who fancy the job.

unowho
25th January 2009, 11:15 PM
Aw thanks for that Steve :clap: :clap:

Early days, so can afford to wait to gauge interest, our diary is filling up fast it does sound quite a good show, we are planning to be in Wroughton that weekend for their Classic Car Show, but you never know.

Debs

PS Welcome on board for the Scotland Trip aswell

spudgun
25th January 2009, 11:30 PM
Cheers Debs.

Like you said we will watch it and see. I will send an email to Rob tomorrow to see when the cut off dates are and what the score is.

Cheers for now

Steve

waynestoyotamr2
26th January 2009, 08:25 AM
Potentially I would be interested in coming to this. Cant argue with a weekend down in Dorset in August.

Await more info.

spudgun
26th January 2009, 06:19 PM
I have emailed Rob and had a response. There is no outlay for the club as far as pitch is concerned. You just pay per head, very similar to Japfest and the like.
He didn't mention a cut off date but my email is now their point of contact so anthing I get will be posted straight away.
All we need now is some punters :D

spudgun
18th February 2009, 01:00 PM
I have been sent a link to the shows website. Here you go.

http://www.dorsetjapanesecarshow.co.uk

In the club information it states that you need 10 cars to qualify for "club" status, otherwise you end up in the "mixed club" area. The price in advance is £6.50 a head, which is quite resonable by today's standards, and £9.00 on the gate.

Also the cut of date is the 4th of July for stand entry as well, which is still a fair way off.

Like I mentioned before, I'm up for it, if we can get a few of us.

Cheers

Steve

Tiny
18th February 2009, 01:45 PM
This is Really worth a visit shame we cant camp the night before.

August in poole and the surrounding area camping could be quite expsensive.

unowho
17th March 2009, 10:48 AM
IMOC also have on their events page, maybe we could do a joint venture?

spudgun
18th March 2009, 08:07 PM
Hi Debs,
It's a possibility to join IMOC, but, if I were being honest, I wouldn't travel over to Poole to join them if we didn't have an mk1 club interest, if you see what I mean.
I'm still keeping an eye on this and I will bump it up from time to time, but Poole is still a fair trek for me to be the only attendee.
Ta Ta for now.

Steve

unowho
19th March 2009, 12:01 AM
Was just a thought and possibly a bit too early for people to committ too, but Jinx and I are definitely up for this, a weekend camping in Poole, to good to miss :clap:

Tiny
19th March 2009, 08:52 AM
Hi Debs,
It's a possibility to join IMOC, but, if I were being honest, I wouldn't travel over to Poole to join them if we didn't have an mk1 club interest, if you see what I mean.
I'm still keeping an eye on this and I will bump it up from time to time, but Poole is still a fair trek for me to be the only attendee.
Ta Ta for now.

Steve

hey im going and they are a good bunch going and there is 2 other mk1s on the IMOC list going

spudgun
19th March 2009, 10:08 AM
Hi Debs,
Ta Ta for now.

Steve

hey im going and they are a good bunch going and there is 2 other mk1s on the IMOC list going

That's all good, Tiny, but I'm looking at this purely from a Mk1 club perspective at the moment. If it comes to a joint effort with IMOC because of lack of interest here then there is still loads of time to sort that out. If that was the case as well you wouldn't really need much organisation from this side. Jinxy and Debs are showing interest, so there is some interest being shown. I'm sure its just that its a long way off yet.

waynestoyotamr2
19th March 2009, 08:57 PM
Put me down for this.

1) Spudgun
2) Deb and Jinxy
3) Wayne Duncan

Anyone else?

Tiny
2nd April 2009, 02:23 PM
1) Spudgun
2) Deb and Jinxy
3) Wayne Duncan
4) Tiny

cant say no and fairly local :+:

Ben
2nd April 2009, 02:44 PM
Would love to make an appearance but I'm getting married a week later so may be a little tied up :? :lol:

Tiny
2nd April 2009, 03:32 PM
stag weekend in poole :shh:

russthedude
7th April 2009, 04:00 PM
I'd be a fool to miss it, it's only a couple of miles from my house so count me in!

Tony Jinxy Froude
7th April 2009, 05:28 PM
1) Spudgun
2) Deb and Jinxy
3) Wayne Duncan
4) Tiny
5) Russthedude :+:

Tiny
15th April 2009, 09:54 AM
Hi Debs,
Ta Ta for now.

Steve

That's all good, Tiny, but I'm looking at this purely from a Mk1 club perspective at the moment. If it comes to a joint effort with IMOC because of lack of interest here then there is still loads of time to sort that out. If that was the case as well you wouldn't really need much organisation from this side. Jinxy and Debs are showing interest, so there is some interest being shown. I'm sure its just that its a long way off yet.

Spud my only concern is we have to have 10 cars to qualify for our own Stand where as if we dont we just get lumped in with anyone Personally sharing our own individual stand with IMOC and a few Mk2s Who we know and ill happily vouch for are a good bunch. Where as we could end up next to the 1 litre chav my corsa Bass junkie weed smoker chav club for the day.

spudgun
15th April 2009, 11:06 AM
Spud my only concern is we have to have 10 cars to qualify for our own Stand where as if we dont we just get lumped in with anyone Personally sharing our own individual stand with IMOC and a few Mk2s Who we know and ill happily vouch for are a good bunch. Where as we could end up next to the 1 litre chav my corsa Bass junkie weed smoker chav club for the day.

Fair comments, Tiny, but I thought the idea for the mk1 club was to, maybe, be able to stand on its own a bit more. Let's face it, you are slightly biased because of your IMOC connections.
I'm not knocking it, but lets see how we get on. We have ages before the cut off date yet and you never know we may get more takers. I also know Rob, the organiser, as well, so maybe be able to pull a few strings if need be.
By the way it will be Yari (what is the plural of Yaris?) not Corsas. Its a Jap car show you know :D
Is it Scott organising this over on IMOC?

Tiny
15th April 2009, 11:29 AM
i wouldnt say biased more of a case of better the devil you know.

I think its Jaspa who is organising it over on IMOC.

spudgun
15th April 2009, 12:07 PM
Fair enough. Don't worry, I will give it another 6 weeks or so on here, then, if things still don't look good, I will get in touch Jinja and see what can be done. That still gives us 6 weeks before the close for applications. How does that sound?

spudgun
11th May 2009, 07:48 PM
Tiny, I think your right about this and I'm wrong. Having seen how Billing has turned out, I would be a fool to let this drag on when we have enough people over on IMOC to make up the numbers.
I'm off to get in touch with Jaspa shortly, hopefully I will get a message off to him tonight.
I will keep you posted.

Tony Jinxy Froude
11th May 2009, 08:13 PM
How many Mk1 attendees do we have guys who are defo interested in having a stand at this show ? just causious of jumping before the ship sinks if indeed it does, there is still a fair amount of time to go yet & although Billing has sunk i dont want it to look like we arn't gong to have any mk1 only stands at any of the shows up & down the country as its not good for morale, we need to promote this event more if its to succeed, im sure Deb will be on board in the next day or so with idea's & help :+: , Jinx

spudgun
11th May 2009, 08:31 PM
Cheers Tony. :+:

Tiny
12th May 2009, 07:38 AM
5-6 as far as i can tell. I know there is about the same on the IMOC pages too. but we will get more further into the year it is August.

Tony Jinxy Froude
12th May 2009, 08:29 AM
Excellent guys, im still really keen to go with a mk1 only stand if possible, got no problem with pitching up next to IMOC, but think we really need to get behind the mk1 only pitch before we start looking to IMOC for help ..... again !!, cheers Jinx

russthedude
2nd June 2009, 03:37 PM
count me in, i'll bring my car :+:

(and if anyone wants to sell me a decent engine and gearbox we can all spend the day fitting it :mrgreen: )

spudgun
5th June 2009, 07:06 PM
Hello All,
Its about time to start giving this a bit more serious thought. Its not looking like as a club we are going to manage enough cars to arrange a mk1 club stand on it's own. I have been giving this some thought and wondered if we could organise it with the other major MR2 clubs, but then try and keep our own indenties once we were in there, on the pitch.
I really would like this wrapped up, numbers wise by the end of this month, very early next. I'm going suggest this to IMOC and the MR2OC and see how I get on.
I still think, with a bit of thought, this could work out alright.

Here's where I think we are at, at the moment, but if I have missed anyone, please stick your names down.

1) Spudgun
2) Deb and Jinxy
3) Wayne Duncan
4) Tiny
5) Russthedude

Cheers for now

Steve

spudgun
13th June 2009, 04:48 PM
I just thought I would give you all and update on this, but to be honest it isn't looking good.

I have put the word out on IMOC and the MR2OC and we are still struggling to get enough interest for club stand with all clubs together.
On IMOC I have had one reply from a new interested party but no response from any of the previous posters. On the MR2OC I have had one definate and a few maybes but only the one I know I can rely on.

If this is where we are at the end of the month then I'm not sure what to do. Its the same weekend as The Wroughton Classic car show and that will have some Mk1 presence of sorts, I think.

What does everyone else think?

russthedude
15th June 2009, 09:21 AM
It will be a shame to not have a MK1 presence there, no doubt the MK2 boys will be there showing off their Ford Probes. I will still be going, so even if there isn't a MK1 inside, there'll be one in the car park :+:

spudgun
15th June 2009, 04:59 PM
It will be a shame to not have a MK1 presence there, no doubt the MK2 boys will be there showing off their Ford Probes. I will still be going, so even if there isn't a MK1 inside, there'll be one in the car park :+:

Hi Russ, maybe I haven't made it clear enough, my fault, that list includes every mr2 on these clubs mk1, mk2 and mk3. At the moment the mk1's out number the mk2's, which makes a change.
You can still show your car/cars as a club if you want to, but you will be out in the "mixed area" and not in the "club area". If thats the route we end up going down there will be no organising to do. All you do is by your ticket in advance and turn up on the day. Maybe meet in advance and convoy in together, but that would be it.

Tiny
17th June 2009, 03:03 PM
Not sure on what you guys think of this but as it seems to be a bit of a slow goer With a issue with numbers and club individuality. How do people feel about the Wroughton show instead.

spudgun
25th June 2009, 09:10 AM
The end of the month is nearly upon us and its all gone quiet on this event.

Unless anyone speaks up between now and the end of the weekend, we will call this one a no-goer.

I will turn the lights off on my way out......

Tony Jinxy Froude
25th June 2009, 09:48 AM
Me & Debs are still defo up for this one :+: , i cant believe the response has been sooo low :( lets at least try & make a go of it even if we all bundle together with IMOC at least the MK1's will have a presence here :+: , Jinx

Tiny
25th June 2009, 11:13 AM
Me & Debs are still defo up for this one :+: , i cant believe the response has been sooo low :( lets at least try & make a go of it even if we all bundle together with IMOC at least the MK1's will have a presence here :+: , Jinx

Problem is Jinxy even with clubbing together with the other clubs IMOC & MROC we still dont have enough people to get a club stand. Wroughton is on the same weekend and is looking more favourable + onsite camping and + entertainment/beertent provided by the organisers too.

spudgun
25th June 2009, 11:44 AM
Tiny is right Tony. Out of all the clubs, (mk1club, IMOC and MR2OC) including all the mk's
we don't have enough interest. I'm not sure what else can be done.
Out of the original interest, Wayne hasn't commented since, Tiny has jumped ship ;) that leaves Tony and Debs, myself (but I'm on the fence) and Russ.
There is NO interest from IMOC and the MR2DC has had a few put there hands up, but I don't know any of them other than one and how many of these would dissapear when it came to crunch time.

Tony Jinxy Froude
25th June 2009, 04:28 PM
over to you Debs :think: # :+:

unowho
25th June 2009, 10:52 PM
Shame, but reckon it's pull the plug time :( :-:

Seemed like a good show, off to Wroughton most do go :eh:

Karl_T
5th July 2009, 10:01 AM
Shame, but reckon it's pull the plug time :( :-:

Seemed like a good show, off to Wroughton most do go :eh:

<Cough>

Except now Wroughton has just bitten the dust due to the venue going bankrupt......

Typical.

Karl_T

spudgun
5th July 2009, 10:02 AM
Woah! I have just turned the lights back on.

After the sad demise of the Wroughton show I'm now at a loose end on the 2nd of August.
They have also changed there show policy to include clubs smaller than 10 cars in the last week or so, so it looks like it might be more of a winner.
Last day for clubs ticket purchases are the 19th so we still have 2 weeks to sort this out.
I'm up for it, but I wouldn't go on my own. Anyone still fancy it.
Come on, you know you want to.

1) spudgun (Steve and Chan)

coley
5th July 2009, 06:44 PM
I,ll come m8 . Have not attended a show with the club yet and am keen to do at least one this year

unowho
5th July 2009, 10:45 PM
Blimey I'm dizzy, we're going this way that way...... sorry wrong line, that's from a song we sing at Brownies :roll:

Yep, back again, we would be up for this, just glad I hadn't booked the Hotel for Wroughton:silent:

2) Coley
3) Jinxy & Deb

Tiny
6th July 2009, 12:29 PM
2) Coley
3) Jinxy & Deb
4) Tiny :+:

spudgun
6th July 2009, 02:35 PM
I,ll come m8 . Have not attended a show with the club yet and am keen to do at least one this year

Good to have you on board, Coley. Maybe we can meet up on the way somewhere?
We can sort that out on the way if you like.

2) Coley
3) Jinxy & Deb
4) Tiny :+:

Oh ah, now you will come along now there is nothing better on. :D :D :D ;)

Tony Jinxy Froude
6th July 2009, 03:50 PM
It would be nice if all those who committed themselves to the Wroughton show lent their support for the Dorset show so that we can get a great MK1 stand together & highlight the MK1 club :+: , Jinxy

russthedude
7th July 2009, 01:34 PM
I knew you'd all come crawling back begging to come along with me & Jinxy :mrgreen:

2) Coley
3) Jinxy & Deb
4) Tiny
5) Russthedude

spudgun
12th July 2009, 08:52 PM
Right then. It's a week to go before the cut off date. Who's going to be the first to buy some tickets?

I want to clear up with Rob, the organiser, if its OK to book say two tickets under "mr2 mk1 club" and then another one of you guys do the same and they can then tally up the amount of space required. Once thats done, or next weekend, which ever comes first, I will go on and book mine under the "mr2 mk1 club" as a the club reference.

Let me know if thats alright.

unowho
13th July 2009, 09:33 AM
Right then. It's a week to go before the cut off date. Who's going to be the first to buy some tickets?

I want to clear up with Rob, the organiser, if its OK to book say two tickets under "mr2 mk1 club" and then another one of you guys do the same and they can then tally up the amount of space required. Once thats done, or next weekend, which ever comes first, I will go on and book mine under the "mr2 mk1 club" as a the club reference.

Let me know if thats alright.

Yep ok with that, will talk to Jinx tonight and get on the case of booking tickets also.

Debs

russthedude
13th July 2009, 01:58 PM
just let me knwo if i need to quote anythign when booknig mine and i'll do it right away. we meeting there or somewhere else and arriving in convoy? yo know, safety in numbers and all that, don' wanna get beat up by the probe boys and have my lunch money nicked.

spudgun
13th July 2009, 06:43 PM
I have conversed a bit with Rob this afternoon and I now know where we stand.

Because we have less than 10 of us we cannot have a club stand but its not all bad news.
Individuals or smaller clubs, like ourselves, can park up in the "japanese parking" area within the showground. Although not the offical club area it is still part of the show area.

We can all book individually and providing we meet up outside the event somewhere and convoy in together there isn't to much more we can do or get wrong.

You have to request a stand pass/passes as I understand it when ordering tickets.
On the day ticket sales will not be guaranteed of space in this area, only pre-ordered will.
The space is allocated on a first come-first served basis, so the earlier we get there the better the pitch.

I think thats it for now.

russthedude
13th July 2009, 09:22 PM
ok I'll get on and book my ticket tomorrow. is it one ticket per person or per car? does anyone have any ideas for a meeting place and time? It's only 6 miles from me :mrgreen: so I'm happy to suggest a a meeting place if I get an idea of which direction peopel are coming from.

spudgun
13th July 2009, 09:29 PM
1 ticket per person Russ and as your the local I reckon if you could recommend a meeting place, that would be great.

russthedude
15th July 2009, 10:10 AM
right, ticket paid for and I entered mr2 mk1 club in the club name field. what time are people planning on being in town?

"Traders & Exhibitors can access site from 7:30am and are requested to be on site and set up before 9:30"

I think a good meeting place would be in Pizza Hut car park, there's plenty of parking, it's on 2 main roads and easy to spot. click link to see map. http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=50.760042,-1.870911&spn=0.002559,0.006845&t=h&z=18

it is only about 5 minutes drive from there to the show, if anyone needs to top up on food, drinks etc we can do a stop at tesco express along the way.

is anyone going to enter show & shine? if so, I won't bother (you know, to make it fair and all :oops: )

Tiny
15th July 2009, 10:14 AM
I think Jinxy Should

if i can do his car prep.

spudgun
15th July 2009, 09:36 PM
right, ticket paid for and I entered mr2 mk1 club in the club name field. what time are people planning on being in town?

"Traders & Exhibitors can access site from 7:30am and are requested to be on site and set up before 9:30"

I think a good meeting place would be in Pizza Hut car park, there's plenty of parking, it's on 2 main roads and easy to spot. click link to see map. http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=50.760042,-1.870911&spn=0.002559,0.006845&t=h&z=18

it is only about 5 minutes drive from there to the show, if anyone needs to top up on food, drinks etc we can do a stop at tesco express along the way.

is anyone going to enter show & shine? if so, I won't bother (you know, to make it fair and all :oops: )

Tickets ordered and paid for. I have done the same as you, Russ, and put "mr2 mk1 club" in the club box. It seems to be working as it has picked up we need 2 stand passes to date.
Sounds good on the meeting front as well, fella. I would like to be on site by about 8:30 ish if that suits everyone else.

unowho
15th July 2009, 11:32 PM
Ditto, ordered ours earlier :+: . Meeting place ok for us, just need to remember to print off before, we are planning on making a weekend of it, not sure on camping or hotels, will surf the net at work in the morning see what takes me fancy :shifty:

Tiny
16th July 2009, 11:06 AM
paid up Ill get onto the IMOC lads that i know who were interested and get them to book under the "mr2 mk1 club" aswell.
:+:

Grendel
17th July 2009, 09:15 AM
Tiny PMed me on IMOC about this show. Unfortunately I got my weekends mixed up when I said I was free :oops: . Unfortunately I’m working the 2nd. :shifty:

By the way for the ones using GPS to get to the meeting point the postcode is:
BH9 3JS

But I hope to see most of you at the Eltham heath show on Sunday.

As for the comment at the beginning of the thread as to who is the South Central organiser that used to be me but the position is still vacant as far as i know if anyone wants to take up the position.

russthedude
18th July 2009, 12:29 PM
i might have another mk1 coming along with me :+: chap I sold one to a couple of months ago just popped by to see if I've got a handbook to sell him or can find him one, told him about the show and he's up for coming along.

coley
18th July 2009, 06:48 PM
My tickets are all booked and paid for (thanks Deborah) Looking forward to it, and fingers crossed for a nice Sunny weekend 8-)

spudgun
18th July 2009, 07:17 PM
We will have to arrange to meet up en route somewhere, Coley.
I guess you might end up coming up to Exeter and taking the A35 towards Dorchester.
If that's the case we could meet somewhere on the A35 just after Axminster.
Let me know what you think.

coley
18th July 2009, 07:30 PM
Sounds good to me mate, not sure but me and the missus may make a weekend off it and stay Sat night in Bounmouth, but will let you know if we are driving up on Sunday in good time

Tiny
18th July 2009, 09:23 PM
So how many people have we got so far now?

I know of 3 people on IMOC who have put down "Mr2 Mk1 club" for their rickets are we heading to the golden 10?

Tiny
18th July 2009, 09:24 PM

I know of 3 people on IMOC who have put down "Mr2 Mk1 club" for their tickets are we heading to the golden 10?

Tony Jinxy Froude
19th July 2009, 12:47 AM

I know of 3 people on IMOC who have put down "Mr2 Mk1 club" for their rickets are we heading to the golden 10?

:lol: Tiny, i thought your first post was funnier :lol: :+: , Jinx
The Mk1 club offers far more for its £21 these days !! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

coley
19th July 2009, 08:17 AM
:clap:

russthedude
19th July 2009, 10:11 AM
please add your name to the list if your ticket is booked and paid for, and you're bringing a mk1

1. russthedude

Tiny
19th July 2009, 05:40 PM
please add your name to the list if your ticket is booked and paid for, and you're bringing a mk1

1. russthedude
2. Tiny

coley
19th July 2009, 05:49 PM

1. russthedude
2. Tiny
3. Coley

russthedude
19th July 2009, 06:14 PM

1. russthedude
2. Tiny
3. Coley
4. fat old freight train driver? :mrgreen:

spudgun
19th July 2009, 06:32 PM
1. russthedude
2. Tiny
3. Coley
5. spudgun

unowho
20th July 2009, 09:36 AM
1. russthedude
2. Tiny
3. Coley
5. spudgun

Wot about me :wave: :wave: I'll be the one with ...........FOFTD? aka Jinxy? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tiny
20th July 2009, 10:26 AM
1. russthedude
2. Tiny
3. Coley
4. FOFTD + UNOWHO
5. spudgun

russthedude
20th July 2009, 09:37 PM
could someone post this over on imoc so we can see what is going on over there? i haven't been on the site for months (bit of a one man protest :mrgreen: ) so not sure where it would need to go.

spudgun
22nd July 2009, 05:34 PM
I'm not sure about the exact numbers, Russ, but we are in the Japanese parking area :(
It looks ok on the map though, so its not all bad.

coley
22nd July 2009, 08:02 PM
:clap: Got my tickets today, see you all there :wave:

unowho
22nd July 2009, 10:17 PM
:clap: Got my tickets today, see you all there :wave:

Ditto :+: 8-) Just need to sort accommodation out, when I know what and when a certain person is or isn't working :shifty:

russthedude
27th July 2009, 04:12 PM
not long to go now :mrgreen: I forgot it was THIS weekend and almost booked myself a space on a dive trip earlier :oops:

anyway, shall we say 8am to meet at Pizzahut carpark? post code: BH9 3JS for your shat nav. that gives us plenty of time to zip down to the site.

is everyone sorted for accomodation that needs it? I'm going to chuck a little BBQ in my boot with some coals and grub, unless we're not allowed? I threw my terms and conditions sheet away, oops!

spudgun
27th July 2009, 06:17 PM
not long to go now :mrgreen: I forgot it was THIS weekend and almost booked myself a space on a dive trip earlier :oops:

anyway, shall we say 8am to meet at Pizzahut carpark? post code: BH9 3JS for your shat nav. that gives us plenty of time to zip down to the site.

is everyone sorted for accomodation that needs it? I'm going to chuck a little BBQ in my boot with some coals and grub, unless we're not allowed? I threw my terms and conditions sheet away, oops!

Russ, can we make it about 8:15, well for me at any rate. Its an hour and a quarter from my place and 7 o'clock sounds a lot better than 6:45. I would have to try an explain this early start to the other half, who particularly likes her bed at the weekends, and quite frankly I'm more than a bit concerned about it :)

unowho
27th July 2009, 11:00 PM

Russ, can we make it about 8:15, well for me at any rate. Its an hour and a quarter from my place and 7 o'clock sounds a lot better than 6:45. I would have to try an explain this early start to the other half, who particularly likes her bed at the weekends, and quite frankly I'm more than a bit concerned about it :)

Sounds ok for us too, we are staying in Poole the night before, so not so much of a really early start for us aswell, don't do mornings :wtf:

coley
28th July 2009, 07:18 AM

And us, see you there

Tiny
28th July 2009, 08:18 AM
Illl see you all at Phut at 8am

russthedude
28th July 2009, 10:59 AM
8.15 is fine, I will still be there at 8 though. now, about the weather.... :silent:

Tiny
28th July 2009, 01:01 PM
Ive told the IMOC lot 8:00 so they will arrive for 8:15 :P

russthedude
28th July 2009, 03:52 PM
we got a final figure yet then? including the imoc rabble :mrgreen:

Tiny
28th July 2009, 04:37 PM
4 possibly from IMOC plus us

unowho
31st July 2009, 07:51 AM
Or trip starts this afternoon, for our journey south :D

See you all bright and EARLY :-: Sunday morning :+:

Tiny
31st July 2009, 08:08 AM
Sunday 20'c and mostly sunny :+:

maybe somewhat squelchy underfoot though

coley
31st July 2009, 08:29 AM
Or trip starts this afternoon, for our journey south :D

See you all bright and EARLY :-: Sunday morning :+:
Have a safe journey see you all Sunday morning, fingers crossed for the weather :think:

russthedude
1st August 2009, 06:31 PM
I got my car all washed and polsiehd last night, then mucked it all up today driving to Frome and back, can't be arsed to clean it again so look out for a muddy silver MK1 in the morn :+:

spudgun
1st August 2009, 08:42 PM
I got my car all washed and polsiehd last night, then mucked it all up today driving to Frome and back, can't be arsed to clean it again so look out for a muddy silver MK1 in the morn :+:

Mine's all spruced up for the morning. Fingers crossed we have a dry night. Looking forward to the morning :+:

russthedude
2nd August 2009, 04:24 PM
honey, I'm hooooome! a nice day out in the sun, 117bhp without blowing the engine up, and a few trophies flying around the place. nice to finally meet some club faces, a grand day out.

who was it that turned up (late! :mrgreen: ) with the sherwood?

Tony Jinxy Froude
2nd August 2009, 07:34 PM
Just got back too :+: nightmare on the roads, the M25 is one Huuuuge building site... along with the A35, the A10 & just about every other bloody road weve been on :evil: . Great weekend, good to see some old faces as well & very new ones, Hayley had the MK1a Sherwood toning, we litterally found the car in a car park in Mere on Saturday morning, so i left a business card on the window & she rang a few hours later saying she needed parts etc, so after a brief chat about the mk1's & shows etc she flew at the chance to come along & join us today & she is going to join the mk1 club as she didnt know one existed, Dave with the blue SC was a member a good few years ago & had no idea that the club had changed since the old days & is going to be come a member again after the amount of fun he had this weekend :+: so all in all a fantastic weekend & along with Steve i picked up a second place trophy & some goodies & steve picked up 1st place & car of the show as well as a van load of goodies too, a Huuuge thanks has to go to Tiny for working so hard on both cars polishing like the devil to make them look sparkling good in the sun, well done Tiny :clap: :clap: :+: , pics of the day to follow :+: , Jinx

spudgun
2nd August 2009, 08:18 PM
Cooo, my head is sunburnt bad!

Anyway, great day was had by all I hope. It was great for out little club, who didn't have enough attendees to get a full "stand" as such, to win the show and shine like we did.

As a club we couldn't have done any better and it was done by the members coming together. Tiny and Jinxy and myself, to a point, can be proud of what we achieved today.

I'm still in shock, kind of, now from bagging the top prize of the day. There were some great cars there and to come out on top is something you dare not dream of. That bloke in the Skyline seemed a bit miffed :D

Right enough of that. It was good to see some new faces as well a few I have met before. Everyone seemed to get on well on that can only I add to the day, I think. It was nice to know I'm not alone in this part of the world as well.

I have a few pics that I will stick on here tomorrow night, but its off to bed now.

Thanks to everyone one of you who made it the day it was.

Steve and Chan

Tiny
2nd August 2009, 09:38 PM
WELL WHAT A SHOW!

Im still at about 3 miles up at the moment..

I gave Jinxy a phone at about 7pm on Friday saying The Show had a show and shine section and if he brought the car I would attack it and get him a trophy.

I arrived at the pizzahut meeting point this morning to be greeted by a rather grubby looking jinxy car lots of rain and road flim.

We got to the show ground and we were one of the first to arrive right on the front row of the Japanese Parking area.

Jinxy parked in the Show & Shine section and the hard work began. Jinxy worked the interior whilst I worked the exterior.

I set about on the wheels with my pressure washer and rinsed off the body work and cleaned the wheels. Then quick detailed the paintwork to get rid of any water marks.

I then used a wonderful product called PoorBoys BlackHole which is a Show glaze a pure polish with no abrasives that just brings out a sparkle and really enhances the metal flake. Followed by 2 coats of Dodo Juice Purple Haze a colour charged wax that is the same colour as Jinxys car. I topped it off with a coat of HDWax.

3hours and a tired Tiny Later.........Steve Popped over and said I think I will enter. So I started all again and helped Steve sort his out doing his wheels and engine and bodywork etc.

So one VERY tired Tiny later 2 cars 3 cans of relentless and 1 cheeseburger we were ready for the Judges.

Now they had a Dyno Dynamics roller and its was only £20 a go so Nikaiyo and i disappeared out to "Gently Warm" the car and to show off my Group "A" spec Janspeed and Nik was out of cigarettes. Get back and watch a few cars go first and then its my turn its strapped in and the car has a 1a engine & ECU and i have had the Dastek Unichip removed which went to Max. i would be happy with stock. I have had the injectors cleaned a a set of KV85s an Apexi panel and of course the Janspeed.

With the sound of God gently floating an air biscuit My car roared up to the redline 3 times and 122.6hp. Im VERY happy.

So car successfully Rolling roaded we park up Just as the Show and Shine prize giving was taking place.

They had split the categories down into:
Pre 1990
1990-1996
1996-2006
2006-present

They also had Car Of The Show

Prizes were Autoglym for all with 3rd, 2nd, 1st with car of the show getting a full set of carbonetic Disks/Pads and a Carbonetic Clutch and the Carnoiseur AutoGlym Set.

In the pre 1990 with Jinxy and Steve was a Starlet which came 3rd cue much rejoicing in the Mk1 camp as it was now down to Jinxy and Steve Jinxy came second with Steve getting a Well deserved 1st. So there was me Higher than a kite as the 2cars I had prepped were 1st and 2nd.

Then came car of the show now there was some SERIOUSLY beautiful metal in the show and shine. Flawless Skylines, scoobies a ice white Evo and a R32 V spec in a purple metal flake.

They announced the category and said this may come as a shock but bearing in mind the 2nd place in the 90-96 was a Micra (completely standard and in AMAZING condition It put jinxys engine bay to shame it was that good! I would have happily eaten food off it) We thought the micra or one other random jap car that we had never seen before had won it.

Then they said the Red Mr2 and I was in shock We were all still celebrating from the Mk1s clearing up the Pre 90 category admiring the Autoglym and the frankly stunning trophys. Steve Had won about £3-3.5k of Carbonetic bits and won Car Of The Show. I was in orbit by this point and was still coming down on the way home. 3 trophys 2 cars 1 Hyper and Beyond Happy Tiny.

PICS
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSCN0311-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSCN0312-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSCN0313-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSCN0314-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSCN0315-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSCN0316-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSCN0317-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSCN0318-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSCN0319-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSCN0320-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSCN0321-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSCN0322-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSCN0323-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSCN0324-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSCN0325-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSCN0326-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSCN0327-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSCN0328-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSCN0329-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSCN0330-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSCN0331-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSCN0332-1.jpg

spudgun
3rd August 2009, 08:06 PM
by the way, Tiny, I had another wheel brush in the other Autoglym pack, so happy days all around.

tommundy
3rd August 2009, 10:56 PM
Looks a bit pink the first few pictures. :oops: *runs and hides*

ONLY JOKING!

Simply awesome guys, both the owners and Tiny's efforts on the old polishing front.

Looks like it was a great day out and a great show for Mk1's as a brand. :+:

See you all x-mas time.

Cheers
Tom

mr2mk1chick
4th August 2009, 12:14 PM
Wow!
Great news re: the show-stopping award winning mk1s :+:

well done Tiny, Jinxy & Steve :clap:

Tony Jinxy Froude
4th August 2009, 03:00 PM
Just a few of my pics of the day :+:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSC01051-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSC01060-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSC01061-1.jpg

Old Skool Datsun Cheery 120A
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSC01063-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSC01062-1.jpg

Daves SC
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSC01064-1.jpg

I gotta get me one of these one day :+:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSC01065-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSC01067-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSC01077-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSC01085-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSC01086-1.jpg

Hayley's very tidy Sherwood Toning
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSC01090-1.jpg

Tiny with his 122.6 BHP power run
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSC01099-1.jpg

Russ with his 117.3 BHP power run.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSC01106-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSC01124-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/DSC01126-1.jpg

:clap: :+: Jinxy

russthedude
4th August 2009, 06:46 PM
cracking pics Jinxy, I really must buy a new SLR asap!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/djcs007-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/djcs019-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/djcs016-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/djcs009-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/djcs001-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/djcs021-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/djcs0221-1.jpg

coley
4th August 2009, 07:11 PM
Great pics guys and a good day really enjoyed myself and nice to meet such a friendly bunch.

The icing on the cake had to be two cars from the club pretty much cleaning up in the show and shine.

Cant wait to attend my next show

spudgun
4th August 2009, 07:58 PM
Great pics, you Guys.

I agree with Coley on the friendly front. Its not often you can attend a meet/show and feel comfortable with everyone there. One for the club mag, I hope.

Tiny
4th August 2009, 10:40 PM
Russ have you been playing with photoshop they just look breathtaking could you send me the 1st 3 in their original size

russthedude
5th August 2009, 10:51 AM
nope, no photoshop... just a little bit of picasa :mrgreen: I'm goign to stick them into photoshop tonight though so I can get them looking as good as poss. also tried uploading yuor vid but the laptop switched off cos it was left unattended and upload failed lol. will do it from my PC tonight while I'm on photoshop.

you want the originals or the photoshopped efforts?

here is my one rattling and smoking away... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bKzsAHgjnA

Tiny
5th August 2009, 12:53 PM
Originals please no technifiddlery. though i would like the one of Jinxys as posted on the thread above.

Its going to be used eventually for my website advertising my services (when it becomes a reality and i get all my ducks in a row ill become an affiliate at the moment its just an OCD affliction/hobby)

russthedude
5th August 2009, 04:37 PM
ah, just seen which pics you were on about (can't see them at work). those pics weren't changed in picasa, the bottom 3 were though to brighten them up a bit. will send them over post haste :+: oh, could you PM your email addy to me Tiny, and anyone else who wants pics...

spudgun
30th October 2009, 10:47 AM
Sorry to drag this up guys, but you might be interested in an update.

As mentoined in Tiny's earlier post, I was fortunate enough to win "Car of the show" and with this came some Carbonetics goodies. Well, that's how it should be.
The guy I have been contacting, David Stone at DS Automotives of Alyesbury, has now giving up returning my emails requesting an update. So, as I see it, he has washed hands of his obligation and walked away. I may be wrong but as he isn't responding to argue his corner, I can't assume much else.
A pretty poor show if you ask me.

Kateg28
30th October 2009, 12:08 PM
Only just seen this thread and noticed Jinx's pictures. Apart from the Mk1 he has shown a Datsun 120 A, and this was my very first car, in yellow, YNH 2S. I am stunned it is a classic although I had a lot of fun in it. Had to scrap it in the end.

The other non MR2 in the pictures is an NSX and there will be one of those in the family very soon. My dad has sold the Lotus :-: :( and nearly bought a silver NSX yesterday. I think he just wants to join us at Jap car shows :think: .