PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

hawkwind
25th January 2009, 12:28 PM
Just a quick hi to all, recently bought my first MR2 from ebay on 23 dec 2008 as a spares repair, spent much of christmas chasing body panels, when I met Tony who had a grt pair of wings on ebay which I bought ,and collected the next day,along with some rear mud flaps, and a lot more information about the MR2b I had bought that has saved me a lot of time and cash not buying the wrong parts thanks Tony.
So the car its a 1990 MR2b in mica blue, and is now staight with second hand front wings slam panel and the 2 spoiler panels either side of the front wings replaced , both bottom A posts have been welded along with a small hole in the n/s cill. Both rear cill to arch connectors and lower rear quarter pannel s have been cut out and replaced and the arches filled for the MOT so i can assess how much it fails on .
Well it did fail but was happy to see it was a lot less than expected , wipers,horn (working but not a constant tone) slight blow at the mainfold downpipe joint and both rear ball joints shot .
So having a brother who owns his own garage helps spent saterday 24th jan , repairing wipers horn and exhust , got new rear ball joints arriving monday and will fit them during the week hopfully then lil bruv will give me a pass for the MOT , yes my brother failed it but better that than drive an unsafe car.
Im looking to have her on the road for feb 1st, then it will be a rolling restoration, with the hope of getting it into paint for May , keeping my flouresent yellow landrover though as my fishing rods dont fit the MR2, prob jusy as well realy it would only start to stink of fish

Blue84
25th January 2009, 01:21 PM
Hiya

Welcome to the MK1 World :)

Sounds like a good project you've got yourself there.

Tony Jinxy Froude
25th January 2009, 10:44 PM
Hiya Paul :wave: ( it is Paul isnt it im bad with Names ? :oops: ) great to be of help :+: glad you got stuck in on the car, you'll be enjoying it in no time :lol: let me know if you need any help :+: & hope to see you again soon, cheers, Jinxy ( Tony )

hawkwind
26th January 2009, 08:45 PM
hi tony yes it is paul , happy to say the rear ball joinst are now done 40mins on the ramp , with air tools, and she's all ready for the mot on sat , bit multi coloured right now but hay rome wasnt built in a day and the yellow landrover need a new ignition switch, so might get to drive her on sunday fingers crossed, oh new kam belt kit going in too just to be safe .