PDA

View Full Version : Frame in Frame in Frame in Frame ad infinitum

j0nathan
14th January 2009, 01:23 PM
Use Forum link on banner -> select Classified Forum -> Select Cars & Parts For Sale...

...Banner, links and lower frame load inside existing lower frame. Repeat at will to get banner after banner below banner. This may be repeatable in other sections. Needs to break out of frame and load into _top.

HTH,
Jon

j0nathan
14th January 2009, 01:31 PM
..a little more testing in my lunch hour indicates this is a problem with pages not originating from the amactive.net site - in this case mr2mk1club.com. The same problem exists if you select the club's home opage link from the bottom of the Forum selections.

pistol pete
15th January 2009, 12:28 AM
mash potato

Monkeymax
15th January 2009, 12:43 PM
Hi Jon,
Yup, I know this and am working on it. Unfortunately it seems that due to a way that the new version of the forum software has been written, the _top command no longer works for links. A bit annoying.
I'm working on moving the forum out of the framed site altogether but have not been able to spend any time at all on it the last couple of days.

But, yes - it can produce some funky effects! :lol:

j0nathan
15th January 2009, 01:50 PM
Hi Jon,
Yup, I know this and am working on it. Unfortunately it seems that due to a way that the new version of the forum software has been written, the _top command no longer works for links. A bit annoying.
I'm working on moving the forum out of the framed site altogether but have not been able to spend any time at all on it the last couple of days.

But, yes - it can produce some funky effects! :lol:
Tried it on my lap top and ran out of screen real estate in 3 clicks - wahey. Look forward to the fix. What about opening the external links in a new window/tab for the time being if _top is broken - they load a new set of frames in any case?

j0nathan
15th January 2009, 01:51 PM
mash potato
erm.....

....come again?

pistol pete
15th January 2009, 05:27 PM
thats about how much the post meant to me

its a forum...... i have no idea how it works leave it to cleverer people than me :wtf:

Monkeymax
15th January 2009, 07:03 PM
Tried it on my lap top and ran out of screen real estate in 3 clicks - wahey. Look forward to the fix. What about opening the external links in a new window/tab for the time being if _top is broken - they load a new set of frames in any case?

Hi Jonathan,
Yeah, I started setting up to implement that change, but given how I've gotta reinstall all modifications I do when I move the forum, I've moved to spending my time preparing stuff to move the forum instead. Doing that will fix a whole bunch of the current issues we're experiencing, so fingers crossed it'll be done soon! :+:
(If it's not done over the weekend, I will modify all links to open in a new window)

j0nathan
16th January 2009, 01:47 PM

Hi Jonathan,
Yeah, I started setting up to implement that change, but given how I've gotta reinstall all modifications I do when I move the forum, I've moved to spending my time preparing stuff to move the forum instead. Doing that will fix a whole bunch of the current issues we're experiencing, so fingers crossed it'll be done soon! :+:
(If it's not done over the weekend, I will modify all links to open in a new window)
Fantastic. Good work by the way. :+: