PDA

View Full Version : Scots Noob

Gravy
13th January 2009, 10:51 PM
Hey folks just thought I'd say Hi :wave:

I'm Dave, I'm from Fife, have an '89 Mk1, have had it for 18months or so and still love it! Thought I'd see what the banter was like on here, does much go on north of the border? Think I've only seen about 5 other Mk1s since I got mine, but then that was one of the things that drew me to the car :)

Look forward to chatting to you all :+:

Tony Jinxy Froude
13th January 2009, 11:03 PM
Hi Dave, welcome aboard fella :wave: :+: ,glad to see yet another Scot on here !, yep believe it or not you have quite a bit going on north of the border, S.A.Watt ( Shane ) on here is the guy you need to contact, he can be found in the "weather & our cars thread" on "General mk1 discussion forum" ( 2nd post down ) he is based in Huntly & he has quite a few runs going on up there, one of which we go on ourselves which took in Skye last year & Ullapool in 2007, we travel up from London for these as they are so well organised, in fact we all come from far & wide to go on one of Shane & Sue's runs, make yourself known to him, he's a really cool guy & will help in any way he can :+: hopefully see you on a run, Jinxy :+:

AW11 Forever
14th January 2009, 12:07 PM
Hi dave,

yea make sure you book yourself on the BIG Apple, Applecross 4 day Scotland tour, absolutely superb. There is a Lakes Tour just south of you on 1st March, you could go for it and make a real weekend of it.

good to you you on here my friend.

jimi
15th January 2009, 01:36 AM
Where you at in the Kingdom ? What colour ? where's the pics ? I saw a Red MK1 in Dundee, late Tuesday afternoon wasn't you was it ?
Jimi

Gravy
15th January 2009, 01:20 PM
Haha I just answered that question in another topic, I'm from Dunfermline. Where about are you? It wasn't my car in Dundee (or atleast I hope it wasn't coz I was here lol).

The car is red and standard looking atm, only thing I've changed on it is the exhaust as the old one fell off a few weeks ago, but that's somehow made me wanna change more so watch this space..

jimi
16th January 2009, 02:22 AM
Haha I just answered that question in another topic, I'm from Dunfermline. Where about are you? It wasn't my car in Dundee (or atleast I hope it wasn't coz I was here lol).
I'm just along the road in Glenrothes :) this is mine

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/01/may06_02JPG-1.jpg
I'll be watching out for you :D
Jimi

oukie
16th January 2009, 04:38 PM
Hi there I used to live in Fife , my parents are still in glenrothes my dad has my very first Mk1 that I bought way back in may 1997 I sold it to him in 1999 and he has almost finished restoring it I seen it at crimbo and was blown away :mrgreen: .

Jimi your gonna have a bit of compertion in glenrothes for best mk1 T-bar lol :lol:

Chris.

Gravy
19th January 2009, 01:05 AM
Jimi I know your car pretty well from the net, had no idea it was just up the road tho, small world