PDA

View Full Version : JAE 2009 **Pics from P22**

andyj
8th January 2009, 01:11 PM
Here Debs, I couldn't post to your 2009 Calendar thread - thinks it's locked or something.

Anyway, don't think you've included JAE in August. Forgive me if I've missed something but are the Mark 1 Club attending? If so, I imagine it would be a pitch solely for the Mark 1 Club without an association with any other Clubs?

unowho
8th January 2009, 02:15 PM
No, sorry missed that one off, waiting to here confirmation of date? unless it's known already?

Didn't know if we were going under the "DON'T SHOOT" imoc banner BUT have our section like OC did last year, do think it's nicer when we are ALL together.

I did here a rumour that Max was interested in helping to organise our side of things, but haven't spoken to him yet, as I think he is a little tied up at the moment and I'm pretty sure Scott Barton will be orgainsing from his 'side', and as he did a stupendous job last year, why break someting that works, as long as we keep our own identity within the village I can't see why we can't all live under the 1 roof?

I for one will not be there the whole time, this year as I have no holidays left, already used up on Le Mans Trip and Scotland Run, haven't even got any holiday left to take my Brownies away :cry:, have to throw a few sickies me thinks :roll:

Enough of me waffling what do other poeple think?

andyj
8th January 2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks Debs. Doing very quick search just now I couldn't locate date. No doubt someone will find out and post here shortly.

I think Mark 1 Club should go in with IMOC again. Scott did an incredible organisation job last year. That hog roast was brilliant. Also, it reunites the Clubs again a bit more following recent problems. It would be good move by Mark 1 Club showing gesture of reconciliation.

Just as long as Mark 1 has a gazebo and banners this time within the area.

Why don't committee approach IMOC on this?

Not least, combined pitch would make life easy for me if for any reason I still have this dreaded Ford Probe model.

AW11 Forever
8th January 2009, 04:35 PM
I agree the MR2 villiage was a great success and it was excellent to have all MR2 and its enthusiasts together in the same area, I also agree that IMOC did an amazing job over the weekend, I for one certainly enjoyed the event and the roast hog!!, however this year more than ever we need to re establish our own identity as the MR2 MK1 Club, we got more stick than you would imagine for the lack of prescence by the MK1 Club at JAE 2008. Now for this year we have the opportunity to showcase our Club and our cars within our own capacity and truely show our members what the MK1 Club is all about.

Its important now that we stand on our own 2 feet, I organised JAE in 2003 and 2004 within the MK1 Club ( well before forums ) and it wasn't unusual to see 50+ MK1's on the Club stand, we did this through our own organisation and dedication and didn't need the services of an external facility. We need to get this sort of spirit back.

For JAE 2009 I really do hope the organisers can create the MR2 Village again and combine all of the Clubs together, ROC, OC, IMOC and TB, would make a spectacular weekend and atmosphere.

Tony Jinxy Froude
8th January 2009, 05:20 PM
Yep i agree with both Mike & Debs here, i for one would like to see an mr2 village where we have IMOC one end, OC on one side, ROC the other side & the Mr2 MK1 club the other end with all the cars in the middle, this way it brings everyone together, But we need far more support than we had last year from the club members, as soon as the date is announced i feel we should get onto arrangents asap & get a list of who is going from the Mk1 side so we know pitch sizes etc, then i feel that Max or whoever is organising it should get together with the other club organisers so that we work as a team to make the most of the weekend, just my 2p worth, Jinx

AW11 Forever
8th January 2009, 05:47 PM
Yea spot on Tony, its all about our great clubs coming together and working as a team to showcae the MR2. I like the idea of having all the cars together in the middle forming an ''arena'' of MR2's.

Andy done worry there will be at least 3 official Club gazebo's there this year, flags, banners etc.

You can bring the MK1 and the MK2, double wammy!!

mr2mk1chick
8th January 2009, 06:32 PM
I hope that the MR2 Village continues, as this was my idea that i got off the ground in the first place. It took a lot of liasing with the other clubs to start with so would be a shame to go backwards.

Initally the village was so we could 'pool' resources (as well as a better social evening), as each club only had a few gazebos etc, and it also meant costing things like the hog roast worked better in greater numbers.
Now the MK1 club is moving forward we will be able to show a great presence on the Village.

As there was no organiser from the MK1 side for 2008 (i already was stepping down, and Jinxy couldn't do any more after the pre-site meet) imoc offered to carry on and organise the rest for us too. many thanks there.

Tony Jinxy Froude
8th January 2009, 08:22 PM
Well not stricly true Jo, we got there on the Thursday late morning, once there Limey, myself, & Debs took over the proceedings & managed to get the few mk1's that did turn up a parking space & organise the Judging for the cars with the help of Malcolm ( Tiamat ), so eventually it was a team effort. One thing i am keen to see again is the judging taking place on the Saturday with prize gining on the Sunday, this worked well even with the few cars present & will work better with a good deal more cars so we can get it out of the way before the Saturday night entertainment, Jinx

AW11 Forever
8th January 2009, 08:45 PM
Jinxy who was appointed to organise JAE 2009 for the MK1 Club, was it you and the SE boys?

Tony Jinxy Froude
8th January 2009, 09:06 PM
Well the details were a bit Sketchy, Jo did contact me to ask if the S.E organisers could host it, this was in May which didnt leave long, the S.E organisers were none too happy as it has always been seen as a national event rather than a regional one & felt it too much for one area to take on at such short notice with no help from elsewhere coming forward, so we treated it like an S.E event & hoped for the best, fortunately for us we had a reletively small turnout & most of the hardcore organising was done by IMOC otherwise we would have been out of our depth big time. I really hope this doesnt happen again this year & hope we get the full backing of more members & area orgaisers, last year was a joke as you full well know, Jinxy

Pam - MR2 Only
8th January 2009, 09:36 PM
Don't forget we shall be there as well (MR2 Only Magazine) bigger and better and hopefully joining in with you all.........and of course the more piccies we get over the weekend the better :D

The MR2 Village was great, just hope people stop around on the Sunday - was a good day wasn't it Jinx/Mike??

Pam
MR2 Only Magazine

Tony Jinxy Froude
8th January 2009, 09:50 PM
Hey Pam, cant wait to see you enjoying the weekend with us again, You up for a bit of "camp Tramping" with me & Mike again on the Sunday afternoon ? :lol: :lol: :lol: , Jinx

Pam - MR2 Only
8th January 2009, 09:59 PM
Of course!!!!

It was great fun and I learnt a lot from the Masters :o the look of shock on the young Scots faces was a gem..........that will teach them to get drunk and keep me awake all night............ and they then had to site on the grass - shame - they would need the vasaline after that wouldn't they and the baby wipes.............people dashing off early missed all the fun :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pam

AW11 Forever
8th January 2009, 10:02 PM
Not so much of the camp please Mr Jinx, anyway your shorts were tighter than mine.

We might have to keep an eye out for the Scots, they will probably want all their gear back!

I'm keeping the baby wipes though :D

oukie
8th January 2009, 10:03 PM
I really enjoyed last year and as soon as the date's are around I will do my best to make sure I get time off, My other Half is talking about going with me this year,

Although I wonder if this is so she can keep an eye on me :lol: :lol:

AW11 Forever
8th January 2009, 10:05 PM
Nice one, someone else to make the bacon butties and restock the fridge!

Make it happen.

Love it.

Tony Jinxy Froude
8th January 2009, 10:17 PM
Nothing wrong with my shorts Evils :mrgreen: , yours were only baggy so that you could fit more camp loot in them !! :lol: :lol: :lol: , Jinx

Tony Jinxy Froude
8th January 2009, 11:52 PM
Latest info for JAE 2009 is its looking like September guys, now that could be 5th & 6th Sept or any other weekend in september, the week before is Bank Holiday 31st August & due to the amount of other shows on over the bank holiday i reckon they feel it would be a mistake to hold it then, so i reckon its going to be the weekend after which is 5th & 6th, will update this with news as soon as i get it. This is Jinxy for news at 10 :lol:

Pam - MR2 Only
9th January 2009, 08:51 AM
Hey Pam, cant wait to see you enjoying the weekend with us again, You up for a bit of "camp Tramping" with me & Mike again on the Sunday afternoon ? :lol: :lol: :lol: , Jinx

I almost forgot about all that FREE beer at the end though - makes it worthwhile staying on until the very end doesn't it :wave:

Pam
www.mr2only.com (http://www.mr2only.com)

MR2 Only Magazine

AW11 Forever
9th January 2009, 09:09 AM
Jinx,

It doesn't want to be the 5th - 6th September!!

Thats the Scotland trip and hotels are already booked for this.........

andyj
9th January 2009, 09:20 AM
Good thoughts here. Main problem last year was I think, no Mark 1 official gazebo to act as a focus and social meeting point. That's obviously easy to remedy, whatever arrangement is this year.

As soon as date is available we have to decide what's happening. Difficult to plan anything without that. With three organisers in South East and quite a few active members there that would be ideal team. We can split jobs and break up the burden.

Tony Jinxy Froude
9th January 2009, 10:53 AM
Andy !! there was a main focus Gazeebo... It was ours where all the cooking & beer drinking went on :lol: :lol: . In all seriousness we would have been hard pressed to bring anything else for that weekend apart from our own stuff for camping, we simply didnt have enough cars to share it between & if it wasnt for Debs 4X4 we would have been stuffed !!.So bringing a Gazeebo would have been ok.... if we actually had space to erect it & something to actually go inside it, regalia, membership joining details etc.

Michael, i really hope it isnt the 5th / 6th then :o , the week before we are in Hampshire Pageant with Limey etc, the week after we are with you guys in Scotland then, Oh hell somethings gotta give :evil: , never missed a JAE yet for the last god knows how many years & we simply cant miss the Scotland trip !!!! :shock: , Jinx

Limeymk1
9th January 2009, 11:42 AM
There have been murmerings of IMOC sharing a big tent with the OC this year and not bothering with Gazoobies. Basically having one big MR2 party. 8-)

You guys up for that? Obviously it'd make it more difficult for 'club identity' to be maintained but JAE doesn't have any public visitors any more, it's become totally a show for the clubs. So I personally don't see the need to advertise, everyone there pretty much knows about the various clubs. :lol:

Tony Jinxy Froude
9th January 2009, 11:48 AM
I personally dont have a problem with that at all, i think its a great idea,. it will encourage clubs to mix socially, i know a few from both Oc & loads from IMOC, but we always end us saying at the end of the weekend, "sorry didnt get chance to chat", this will help balance that out a bit & make it easier to organise especially if we all know what our role is within each club, then bring it all together for the weekend, getrs my thumbs up :+: , Jinx

Limeymk1
9th January 2009, 11:55 AM
I have a plan but will need to get a pencil and paper to work out the fine details. :+:

I think we may need a bigger pitch this year. :D

Tony Jinxy Froude
9th January 2009, 12:09 PM
Im really hopeing it isnt the 5/6th Sept as there will be a few of us that wont be able to make it, we have the Scotland trip that weekend & all the accomodation has already been booked well in advance :o , Jinx

AW11 Forever
9th January 2009, 01:35 PM
Is it just me or have the post's background gone white now?

Love the idea about the huge marquee, certainly will as Jinx said unite all MR2 enthusiasts, whats the record for the largest gathering of MR2 at an organised show.

We need to know the dates ASAP so I can get in touch with Shane and see if the Scotland trip can be put back a month to the beginning of October.

Deninately need a bigger pitch, our own field would be nice with a sea view, and no toilets next to camping, man that was rank!!!! I papped myself thinking about it.... :o

unowho
9th January 2009, 05:56 PM
I'm all for mucking in, under one big umbrella, Just keep us informed Chris and shout if you need a hand :clap:

Keeping everything crossed that it is the 1st week September, don't want to jepordise Scotty Trip, October not good for me, need more w/ends in a year, boy do I struggle, manager already off then at work :cry: :cry:

Limeymk1
14th January 2009, 09:57 AM
It's looking like we won't be at Mersea this year. :evil: :-:

michael
14th January 2009, 10:22 AM
It's looking like we won't be at Mersea this year. :evil: :-:

The last post from "fuggles" seems to suggest it could be anywhere at any time.

http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/forums/in ... wtopic=881 (http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/forums/index.php?showtopic=881)

:think:

Tony Jinxy Froude
14th January 2009, 11:22 AM
Thats a real blow if it is the case :-: Mersea was an awesome venue site wise, but obviously didnt appeal to everyone logistical wise, all i hope is that they can make it a date that suits everyone & doesnt clash with another pre-planned event ( yeah right ! :roll: ) & a venue which everyone can get to :+: :pray: glad to see a few others on here are keeping an eye on the JAE forum too :+: saves me having to log in every few days for news, cheers, Jinx

mr2mk1chick
14th January 2009, 02:27 PM
I am not surprised at the poor organisation that is going on with the JAE peeps.
The past few years have been a nightmare from the club point of view, as we have been messed around in the past with dates, venues, and pitch areas.
Last year they told us after the venue change palava that mersea had been secured & booked for the next 3 years! what a joke!

Just an idea.....

Why not make billing in july the big show of the year as far as mk1 go, as it dosen't look good for JAE, esp if its going to br later in the year - September can be a bit 'iffy for camping.
This way we couold test billing as a venue for a huge event for the anniversary year in 2010

the only downside is not having the other car clubs, but it could be an mr2 village event at billing maybe, to get a good atmosphere...

just thinking aloud with ideas....

shame about JAE mucking around though

Limeymk1
14th January 2009, 03:26 PM
According to John (Fuggles) it was due to outside influences (complaining bastard) that JAE has been barred from the Mersea site.

Seems like this is likely happen wherever JAE goes, it may be too big for namby pamby whinging modern society. :evil:

Maybe it should turn into a travelling Gypsy style show where everyone just turns up in some farmers field for the weekend. :lol:

Billing does sound like a good idea Jo although I would miss all the other car clubs being there as it was nice to have a look round and see what everyone else was doing to their cars.

mr2mk1chick
14th January 2009, 04:09 PM
According to John (Fuggles) it was due to outside influences (complaining bastard) that JAE has been barred from the Mersea site.

Seems like this is likely happen wherever JAE goes, it may be too big for namby pamby whinging modern society. :evil:

Maybe it should turn into a travelling Gypsy style show where everyone just turns up in some farmers field for the weekend. :lol:

Billing does sound like a good idea Jo although I would miss all the other car clubs being there as it was nice to have a look round and see what everyone else was doing to their cars.

Crikey re: the complaining barstewards

I know what you mean about looking at other cars.
maybe jae caould be small for those who want a gander at other stuff and billing be a fixed calendar event for an mr2 get together.....

hard for Debs to plan stuuf i rekon with all this going on.

I think stoneleigh would be fab for JAE as there are no neighbours. Bit like EoE showground

AW11 Forever
14th January 2009, 04:48 PM
Gutted its not at Mersea, I've bought a new pair of speedo's especially for the occassion.

Never mind though something will get sorted I'm sure, I like Jo's idea of combining the Billing weekend on the 5th - 7th June as our BIG meeting.

Monkeymax
21st January 2009, 05:30 PM
Hi guys,
Yeah, I did mention last year that I would be interested in doing some of the organising for this... but then the last couple of months happened... :lol:
I've been reading some of the threads on other forums about it and it's all still up in the air at the moment, so it's impossible to try to organise anything. Admittedly I've not done anything yet either - I will have to start getting in touch with Scott (if he's organising the IMOC side of it again this year) to start the ball rolling...
However, the date & place still remain unknown which really ain't a help at all... and really if it's in September, it's pretty sketchy whether I'll be able to make it... :(

Lauren
24th January 2009, 11:01 AM
Just to add, I think the idea of sharing a Marquee that somebody else puts up is a good idea.

Basically we (IMOC) put up our own gazeebos. Then we found out that the cost of the big marquee for the OC was actually not that expensive and was bigger and better anyway, so I just think it makes sense to club together to have an MR2 (or whatever you want to call it) Marquee where everyone can congregate.

I think there is nothing worse than having separate club meeting points as it just leads to separation. Whilst some of the mk1 club members did congregate in the IMOC marquee, there was a lot of the time when MK1 club members stayed in their own little clique which I don't think benefits anyone.

Personally I would like to see a bit more involvement from the mk1 club this year in order to share some of the co-ordination of the village. Whoever is going to organise it from the mk1 club side, could they please let me know so that we can ensure you have access to the appropriate interclub forum on IMOC please?

I'm not sure about Billing tbh. If it's just MR2s that will take away from the atmosphere of having other clubs there and a lot of us really enjoyed the 'it's a knockout competition' last year. It really promoted a sense of solidarity I think amongst club members. Also me beating the OC guy on the stick thing was a one up for us!

I really do hope JAE get their act together.

AW11 Forever
24th January 2009, 04:50 PM
Does anyone have any updates on what happening this year with JAE, ideally we need a date as the Scotland tour is on the weekend it originally was going to be.

The marquee sounds like a fabulous idea, proper party in the park style!! :+:

mr2mk1chick
26th January 2009, 11:41 AM
Does anyone have any updates on what happening this year with JAE, ideally we need a date as the Scotland tour is on the weekend it originally was going to be.

The marquee sounds like a fabulous idea, proper party in the park style!! :+:

I suppose Debs as events organiser will be checking the JAE forum and contacting then for news......

Tony Jinxy Froude
26th January 2009, 12:06 PM
I think you'll find theres plently of people already on here who will be keeping an eye on when the date will be released anyway, so it'll be common knowledge probably before debs gets a chance to post in the evenings :+: , Jinx

Monkeymax
27th January 2009, 11:27 PM
Yup, I've been watching the JAE forum (subscribed to it) and there's no update at all. No hint of when or where it'll be - not even a ballpark on either at the moment... :(

Really like the idea of doing a MR2 thing with IMOC, but we have to see if it's ever confirmed first... :(

Edit:
Also, on the subject of Billing, this was recently posted over there too:

http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/forums/in ... ost&p=7675 (http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/forums/index.php?showtopic=881&view=findpost&p=7675)

BILLING NO GOOD JUST COPEYED THIS///Many Land Rover fans, and I include myself amongst them, have enjoyed great times at the Billing Land Rover show. It has been a charming venue and many of us have taken away some wonderful memories.

But the Aquadrome has gone downhill and is continuing to do so at a rapid rate. The ground hasn't been maintained for years. Crime - committed by outsiders - is a major concern on the camping fields. The infrastructure and facilities are shabby and broken.

When LRM took over the show in 2007, we were promised by the new billing management that major improvements would be put in place to ensure everyone's safety and movement. Unfortunately none of those promises have come to fruition.

To evaluate everyone's point of view we commissioned a market research company to undertake an investigation last year amongst Land Rover traders, campers and visitors to the show.

The results of this survey revealed a high degree of dissatisfaction among traders, campers and visitors alike with the suitability of Billing Aquadrome as an appropriate site for the major Land Rover show of the year. It's true that there's an affection and sentimentality in many peoples minds for 'billing' but, overwhelmingly, the venue is shown to lack what visitors want in one degree or another - the issues of theft of equipment and vehicles, violence and intimidation from outsiders, stinking toilets, unmaintained roads and grounds and uncontrolled access to the site all combine to rob Billing of the charm it once enjoyed.

There were a number of health and safety issues which also cause great concern. Last year a caravan caught fire and it was only the quick reactions of LRM staff who pulled the burning unit out, that saved a major accident - the crowded nature of billing makes this a real issue. A very young child fell into one of the many deep and fast flowing waterways that criss-cross the Aquadrome, but was fortunately rescued by a passerby. The bank cash machine at the Aquadrome entrance was ram-raided the day before the show began.

As organisers of the show, we believe it is just too risky to hold another Land Rover show at the Aquadrome. Without the necessary support that we sought from Billing management we cannot guarantee to traders that the ground in the show area will be in a usable condition in July; we can't reassure campers that they are in an environment that is reasonable secure and safe; we can't even assure day visitors that there will be anywhere to park when the Aquadrome begins to develop the site around the marina - construction will be in full swing in July and will severely affect vehicle movements in this already overcrowded site.

Tony Jinxy Froude
28th January 2009, 06:03 AM
Maybe if Deb haas time she could find out how bad Billing is now then especially as we have a major event being held there this year & dont want to upset anyone or put the club in bad light. Jinx

AW11 Forever
28th January 2009, 11:34 AM
Sounds like the place has gone a bit boobies up :o :o

Yep we need to do ur own investigations. Does anyone here live local to Billing whao might have a better understanding as to whats going on. Maybe someone would be so kind as to drop in and speak to the management in person. I know we have quite a few members from the Northampton area.
:+:

unowho
28th January 2009, 11:37 AM
Yes, might be a good idea to send someone in, to have a chat and a look around

Tony Jinxy Froude
28th January 2009, 12:41 PM
Ok guys, ive just had a lengthly conversation with Karen the events manager at Billing, there were some issues with the LRM regarding the event, however it appears that only half the story was told, the LRM who run a proffit making show wanted Billing to fork out £12,000 on site security, ground improvements, etc without any monitary backing from the LRM itself :wtf: , Billing has admitted there were faults on both sides & they have already invested loads of money on improvements regarding facilities, but admit that Rome wasnt built in a day & these things will take time due to lack of previous investment ( we as as club have been in this position ourselves, so we know where they are coming from on this ), they have also recruited a new security team headed by a team of former police management & have just secured funding for CCTV to be implemented on the site, they are hoping to have this in place by the summer, but cant give guarantee's, they are also looking at ground improvements & have also just invested on drainage improvements & higher water pressures for toilet blocks & shower facilities, they however admit that there may still be room for improvemts but ask that we work with them as they will with us on any problems that occur & they will do their best to address these concerns.
I dont think we can ask for better than that guys to be honest, i think its a case of suck & see & work with them over any concerns we might have, but it seems they are happy to work with us too :+: , Jinxy

AW11 Forever
28th January 2009, 05:15 PM
Well lets put it this way with me and Jinx around who needs security :twisted: :twisted: ey Tony, we will look after any toe rags that wanna spoil the party :crazy:

I think Jinx is right on this one, sounds like they have been very honest, as long as there is somewhere to pitch your tent, point your plonker and sprinkle your dinkle I'm sure we will need for nowt :think: :think:

oukie
5th February 2009, 09:54 PM
Well lets put it this way with me and Jinx around who needs security :twisted: :twisted: ey Tony, we will look after any toe rags that wanna spoil the party :crazy:

I think Jinx is right on this one, sounds like they have been very honest, as long as there is somewhere to pitch your tent, point your plonker and sprinkle your dinkle I'm sure we will need for nowt :think: :think:

Now I do alot of heavy metal gigs :twisted: and I have done lots of festivals but beleive me when I say its a HUGE deal that the toilets are fit for animals to go in let alone people :lol: and oh how i wish it was as simple as just pointing yout plonker (might get arested for that lol)

spudgun
12th February 2009, 10:47 PM
It seems like the place and the date has now been confirmed.

Wicksteed Park over the weekend 11th-13th of September.
That's a shame as that will count me out. The Scotland trip, with a few days in York tacked on the end, will only just be over for me by then.

Maybe next year, eh.

Monkeymax
12th February 2009, 11:04 PM
Beat me to it!

Anyway:

Well, what can I say? After some delays waaaay beyond my control we at last have not only an exciting new venue but have stuck with the show being late in the Summer. Well, after the fantastic weather in 2008 what else could we do?

The date wont be to everyone’s liking and I apologise that some clubs will probably already have things arranged that clash. But let’s hope the new venue is even better than last year – if that’s possible! – and that everyone will want to stay with the new venue and enjoy another fantastic JAE.

We have taken all the good things from 2008 and kept them but have now added even more for you to do! If we can keep the weather (minus the midges) we should have a really great show.

The date is now Friday 11 September to Sunday 13 September with Thursday open for clubs who want to get there early and set up. Thursday will be an all ticket affair however to prevent too many gatecrashers and let the club people do their thing and get everything organised. By the way the 10th is my birthday so make sure you bring lots of presents if you’re coming early! J

The venue is now Wicksteed Park, after M.I. and another venue found they could not accommodate us. Wicksteed is a fantastic venue and has a lot to offer (http://www.wicksteedpark.co.uk/default.aspx):

* Lake
* Go-kart oval
* Fully stocked fishing lake
* Fairground
* Roller coaster
* 18 hole crazy golf
* Putting green
* Playground for younger children

Add to that all the things we have arranged for you:

* Five-a-side football
* Tug of War
* It’s a knockout competition
* Easing competition
* Karaoke
* Band
* Disco
* New and much bigger show n shine!

Then add the new stuff that we are still working on and this promises to take JAE to yet another level!

Booking forms will be available on line very soon and will be emailed out to you. But until then just get it in your diary, book the time off work and start organising your club stands!

http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/forums/in ... ost&p=7741 (http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/forums/index.php?showtopic=894&view=findpost&p=7741)

It's just outside Northampton, in Kettering:

Wicksteed Park Limited
Barton Road
Kettering
Northamptonshire
NN15 6NJ

The really annoying thing is that I may be in Scotland too - and Wicksteed park is only 45 mins from me!!! :evil:

spudgun
12th February 2009, 11:07 PM
Well, Max, at least its not the same weekend, I suppose, as the Scotland run, that's something.
It's just too much for me, thats all.

Monkeymax
12th February 2009, 11:15 PM
:lol: I'm such a muppet. You're right - Scotland trip is the week before.
But I still may not be around (just not in Scotland). Better start trying to rearrange stuff tomorrow... Really wanna go to JAE...

Tony Jinxy Froude
12th February 2009, 11:18 PM
Yep, this has shot me in the foot too, Scotland trip arranged for the same weekend :roll: it'll be the first JAE ive missed since 2003 :twisted: gutted, mind you i not sure the weather will be at its best so late in the season, i know it was last year, but 2 weeks so late in the season can make a huge difference in the weather !!. Jinx

unowho
12th February 2009, 11:18 PM
Well what can I say, except that Jinx and I will also not be there :-: , also on our way back from Scotland Trip

mr2mk1chick
13th February 2009, 05:04 PM
Well what can I say, except that Jinx and I will also not be there :-: , also on our way back from Scotland Trip

Eek - who is going to be the show organiser?
Thats a shame Debs, as i guess you two were really looking forward to JAE.

I have edited the thread title to add the date and venue

unowho
13th February 2009, 06:21 PM
Maybe :think: Jinx and I can juggle our Scotland Bolt-On Trip, to included JAE on the way home, poss just the Saturday, don't wanna commit to anything :silent: and brain still not in gear, have severe tonsilitis :sick: :-: and have a Brownie Sleepover this weekend, so at the mo all over the place but will give some serious thought asap

s a watt
13th February 2009, 09:10 PM
Hi Guys

I am sorry that the JAE has landed so close to the Scotland trip but we deliberately keep our trip till into September to miss all these events.

This trip is very very late.

Anyway for all those attending the Scotland trip on 4th,5th and 6th we will make it as good as normal.

Shane & Susan

unowho
13th February 2009, 09:52 PM
Oh don't feel bad :-: These things happen, events etc., always clash.
Our diary is mahoooosive this year, but you just need to work around it, no one knew when JAE was going to happen

mr2mk1chick
15th February 2009, 08:44 AM
There are 3 days between scotland and JAE setup, so some people can do both if they don't mind a bit of driving in between :+:
They don't clash

Monkeymax
15th February 2009, 11:07 AM
There are 3 days between scotland and JAE setup, so some people can do both if they don't mind a bit of driving in between :+:
They don't clash

That is probably what I will do if I can go on the Scotland trip... :+:

unowho
15th February 2009, 03:31 PM
They don't clash

That is probably what I will do if I can go on the Scotland trip... :+:

Well it clashes with us :-: , as we are planning to stay in Scotland for the BOT, as we did lst year when we invented the "Scotland Bolt-On Trip", seems silly to me to drive all that way for 3 days when there are so many brilliant roads to be enjoyed while you can, but if we can work around popping into JAE on route home then we certainly will.

I know I am the National Events Co-Ordinator, but I will be looking for volunteers to organise this one, if I can I will help out :+:

Monkeymax
15th February 2009, 06:29 PM
I know I am the National Events Co-Ordinator, but I will be looking for volunteers to organise this one, if I can I will help out :+:

Well, as I said last year, I'd like to do it, but given the forum is already taking up plenty of my time, I'd like to see if anyone else will step up to do it this year...?

Kateg28
15th February 2009, 07:50 PM
but given the forum is already taking up plenty of my time,
:shock:
Really? You surprise me Max

I will be attending but no way am I able to take on organisation of the event. Am willing to support and help, before and during but cannot actually do the main organising.

old petrolhead
16th February 2009, 01:15 PM
You can count me in as attending. Wickstead park is 20 minutes from home

Richard :D

waynestoyotamr2
23rd February 2009, 08:24 AM
Is it just me or does JAE seem to be dying year on year as an event anyway?

Not that fussed about missing it tbh.

fowl
24th February 2009, 06:07 PM
Is it just me or does JAE seem to be dying year on year as an event anyway?

Not that fussed about missing it tbh.
Waynoe we had a good time last year but it hasn't been the same since we had to leave Billing, maybe if it gets smaller again we will have the really good times back :D

Tony Jinxy Froude
24th February 2009, 07:45 PM
Yep i agree, JAE has been too badly affected by change & lack of stability for many years, none of us particually liked Peterborough, but at least we knew when & where it was to be held each year, we all understood that it outgrew Billing originally, but when i spoke to the Events manager at Billing recently she stated that since many changes had taken place at Billing they could now accomodate at least 2500 cars for a show albeit with Camping in an adjacent field, but still on site, i did mention this to John Fuggles ( JAE organiser ), but i believe he was ready to sign on the dotted line at Wicksteed at the time so couldnt committ.
JAE isnt nesessarily about the venue its about the social side of this show & due to its lack of firm pre planning & organisation the shine has been taken off of this show, i really hope they get the feel of this event back again, but that can only happen when the structure of the event is strong again, at the moment it isnt & i believe this year will be the lowest turnout of all the JAE's, lets hope this doesnt spell the end of JAE. Jinxy

pistol pete
24th February 2009, 11:44 PM
not quite sure where Wicksteed Park is but ill be there
i love JAE shame i missed last year
but the year before i was there with the supra (damn i miss that car) but i was with that club and floated over to the village..
but i must admit being with a huge club like the mkivsupranet club and how well organized it was gave me a few ideas...
so if you want help organizing etc or and extra ideas please drop me a pm i'd be happy to help and lend a few of my ideas

unowho
28th February 2009, 07:53 PM
Right there seems to be a few issues brewing regarding this years JAE and for the time being it will take an awful that of persuasion for me to be involved, I know as the National Events Co-ordinator I should be in the fore front of organising this but for the moment I will not be. I am however looking for volunteers to help co-ordinate things, I am sure we could work with IMOC on this, at least on the side regarding tickets and it seems silly to have various lists going, think it would be easier to keep that side of it under one roof, all this would involve is liasing with Scott Barton (IMOC) and adding names to the list over there, if I remember correctly and without trawling back through the previous pages I'm sure Chris (Limey) offered some sort of plan aswell?

Just keep watching this space, I'm sure this JAE will be a brilliant one and I know that deep down Jinx and I are gutted we are not going, last year was my fisrt and all I can say is I had a fantastic time and no I don't think there is an event quite like JAE, it has to be experienced to be believed :clap:

Debs

oukie
2nd March 2009, 05:21 PM
Hi Debs Ive been thinking about this :lol: But I would like to help out with this years JAE, Ive never done this sort of thing before but I have been to JAE before and Im still an active member over on IMOC .

So I was thinking perhaps I can help out But Im not sure what I need to do :think:
I have sent Chris (Limey mk1) a P'M

Chris.

unowho
2nd March 2009, 05:59 PM
Well done that man :clap: :clap: :+:

Thankyou so very much for volunterring to help, will be in contact

Debs

unowho
2nd March 2009, 11:02 PM
Looks like we have another Chris on board to help out, Mk1Chris has also offered his services, so a huge thankyou to him aswell and not forgetting those who have also expressed an interest in helping out :+:

Well done peeps :clap: :clap: , I am a much happier bunny now........

Debs

waynestoyotamr2
3rd March 2009, 08:50 AM
I had a think last night about this. I am going to turn this into a massive MR2 related road-trip!

I will be going directly from Skye to JAE. So put me on the attendance list.

Tony Jinxy Froude
3rd March 2009, 09:48 AM
:lol: :lol: Wayne you crack me up, looks like we will have to join you.... but it may only be for the day, or if we can travelodge it could be the weekend, it really does depend on the plans that Deb has, im happy to stay in scotland for the bolt on or equally happy to cut the bolt on bit short & attend JAE on the way back....decisions, decisions :crazy: :crazy: , Jinx

waynestoyotamr2
3rd March 2009, 01:18 PM
The days off work are booked! Mega MR2 road trip for me starts on Thursday 3rd September, doing the Skye trip until Monday 7th, going to drive back South (that sounds weird!) and stop in Leeds mid-trek, then head to JAE for Friday 11th.

unowho
3rd March 2009, 11:24 PM
Well we appear to have "Team Chris" on board :clap: :clap: :+:
Chris/Limey is offering to help out with "The Village Set-up"

Still not sure we will be attending though and yes I am gutted, had a ball last year at my first ever JAE.

Are people happy to join forces with IMOC and MR2OC, seems easier and be good to be under one roof but separate identities?

Can we also now start a list of attendee's please;
1. Chris
2. Chris

old petrolhead
4th March 2009, 11:20 AM
I have just read & replied to Debs email & have offered to assist the "Chris "Team in whatever way I can. In a previous post I stated that I only live 20 minutes from Wickstead Park in Kettering. Would the "Chris "team please contact me to discuss what assistance they need locally & I will do whatever I can.

Kateg28
4th March 2009, 11:25 AM
I am going :+:

oukie
4th March 2009, 04:04 PM
Please could everyone who is going to JAE put your names down so we can get numbers together ASAP. Thanks.

List of attendee's
1. Chris (limey)
2. Chris (mk1chris)
3. Chris (oukie)
4. Kate,G
5. Wayne

mk1chris
4th March 2009, 06:28 PM
Excellent news, Team Chris :crazy: is up and running.

Lets make this the best JAE ever :+:

waynestoyotamr2
4th March 2009, 07:01 PM
I will be there and am happy to offer any on the day assistance.

old petrolhead
6th March 2009, 01:14 PM
Please could everyone who is going to JAE put your names down so we can get numbers together ASAP. Thanks.

List of attendee's
1. Chris (limey)
2. Chris (mk1chris)
3. Chris (oukie)
4. Kate,G
5. Wayne
6/ Richard Brett

Monkeymax
6th March 2009, 05:36 PM
List of attendee's
1. Chris (limey)
2. Chris (mk1chris)
3. Chris (oukie)
4. Kate,G
5. Wayne
6. Richard Brett
7. Max (Monkeymax)

I've currently got my name down with two other clubs... But am going with the Mk1 Club... :+:

mr2mk1chick
8th March 2009, 09:38 AM
List of attendee's
1. Chris (limey)
2. Chris (mk1chris)
3. Chris (oukie)
4. Kate,G
5. Wayne
6. Richard Brett
7. Max (Monkeymax)
8. Jo (mr2mk1chick)

will try and get there with a mk1 somehow, but am working elsewhere on the sat :(

Monkeymax
16th March 2009, 08:15 PM
Bumpy bump! Surely we have more than 9 members wanting to go...? ;)
Names would be useful to work out numbers of tickets and plot size etc!

unowho
16th March 2009, 11:33 PM
With some gentle persuasion :wtf: we will be there Saturday and Sunday, not camping, hotelling ;)

List of attendee's
1. Chris (limey)
2. Chris (mk1chris)
3. Chris (oukie)
4. Kate,G
5. Wayne
6. Richard Brett
7. Max (Monkeymax)
8. Jo (mr2mk1chick)
9. Jinxy
10. Deb (unowho)

Monkeymax
17th March 2009, 06:40 AM
not camping, hotelling ;)

No Camp Jinxy? Nooooooo! :(
Guess Kingsnorth will be sleeping in his car again then! :lol:

Tony Jinxy Froude
17th March 2009, 07:41 AM
It'll only be for this year, as we will be on our way back from the Scotland tour & attending JAE on the way back, so no space for tent & camping stuff etc :+: :+: , but "The Jinx" will be there :+: :+: :lol: .

oukie
22nd March 2009, 09:14 AM
Im glad your both coming it would't have been right without you :+:

Tony Jinxy Froude
23rd March 2009, 12:03 AM
Oh Chris, you are a gent, thank you :+: Jinx

mistertwokw
23rd March 2009, 04:16 PM
Lynn and I will be there for definate, i am happy to help with the setup etc on the day :+:

List of attendee's
1. Chris (limey)
2. Chris (mk1chris)
3. Chris (oukie)
4. Kate,G
5. Wayne
6. Richard Brett
7. Max (Monkeymax)
8. Jo (mr2mk1chick)
9. Jinxy
10. Deb (unowho)
11.Ki(mistertwokw)

fowl
23rd March 2009, 04:36 PM
Put me down for it, Kingsnorth or BSK as some know me now, hopefully not spending the whole weekend in my car, can i use pratt nav to locate my tent :)

oukie
23rd April 2009, 05:31 PM
List of attendee's
1. Chris (limey)
2. Chris (mk1chris)
3. Chris (oukie)
4. Kate,G
5. Wayne
6. Richard Brett
7. Max (Monkeymax)
8. Jo (mr2mk1chick)
9. Jinxy
10. Deb (unowho)
11.Ki(mistertwokw)
12.Fowl :lol:

WE NEED MORE NAMES PEEPS

NOW :crazy: :crazy: :lol:

Going to be booking our area in 2 weeks time, We MUST have a Better show of Mk1's this year. :+:

Tiny
23rd April 2009, 11:38 PM
Add the Tiny to the list.

List of attendee's
1. Chris (limey)
2. Chris (mk1chris)
3. Chris (oukie)
4. Kate,G
5. Wayne
6. Richard Brett
7. Max (Monkeymax)
8. Jo (mr2mk1chick)
9. Jinxy
10. Deb (unowho)
11.Ki(mistertwokw)
12.Fowl
13. Ben (Tiny)

oukie
9th May 2009, 04:37 PM
Hi peeps just back from the pre-meet ar Wicksteed park, Here are some photo's of the park .

This first photo is where the Mk1club, IMOC, ROC and the OC are going to be together in one HUGE mr2 village . With streets laid out etc :+:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/05/Picture158-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/05/Picture155-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/05/Picture154-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/05/Picture153-1.jpg

Roller coaster log flume etc :mrgreen:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/05/Picture157-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/05/Picture156-1.jpg

Show and shine is in a larger area this year which is an actual car park :+:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/05/Picture152-1.jpg

Some of the other atractions inc A gocart track which is wait for it a BANKED oval so any of you guys fancy a Time attack go cart laps us V's other clubs we need to get names, These aren't the most powerfull carts going so you must way no more than 3 stone and can drive like Lewis :lol:

The place is huge and we shall have plenty of room for all so come on guys get your names down

Tickets will be available very soon :+:

unowho
9th May 2009, 06:40 PM
Yep, agree with above, had a great time looking around today, fantastic site, brought back childhood memories, love that place. Have made some notes so will talk briefly to Committee tomorrow night, then post on here, so watch this space......

Tickets on Sale asap

Debs

unowho
10th May 2009, 08:57 PM
Just really want to let you all know the key points from the visit, in no particular order:-

If we get our area we picked out, it is not near the football this time :mrgreen: .
We are going to be called the "MR2 Village" incorporating IMOC, ROC and us and next to MR2OC.
Discount on Wicksteed Park Wrist Bands
Strict midnight Curfew in Main Areas i.e no massive sound systems etc, 10pm curfew in quite area, Wicksteed is in a residential area so the organisers are keen to keep these people happy so they dont have to find a new home again next year as they have a 3 year contract for JAE to be held at Wicksteed.
NO Glass (Bottles, glasses etc)
Main Wicksteed gate, directing traffic only, JAE Main entrance further inside.
Cars and Camping in separate areas - cars in camping not vice versa
Competitions - Eating, 5 A Side football, Tug of War, Time trails on Go-Karts.
Full funfair to all JAE attendees only for Thursday & Friday, open to the general public the rest of the time, but Funfair is outside of the main show area.
Fireworks display, Saturday

TBC - Autojumble for Saturday, dedicated car washing area.

More to follow when in the know. :+:

Debs

PS - Bands (please give feedback on the JAE forum if you have any ideas/preferences), karaoke

bill hulme
1st June 2009, 01:19 PM
List of attendee's
1. Chris (limey)
2. Chris (mk1chris)
3. Chris (oukie)
4. Kate,G
5. Wayne
6. Richard Brett
7. Max (Monkeymax)
8. Jo (mr2mk1chick) & Garrick
9. Jinxy
10. Deb (unowho)
11.Ki(mistertwokw) & Lynne
12. bill hulme

Blue84
2nd June 2009, 12:37 PM
I'm going to this but my MK1 will be on a different stand ;)

NINJA
2nd June 2009, 10:00 PM
Hi Everyone, I'll be attending this year. Not sure how many days or whether I'm camping yet but I'll be there to help win the football tournament anyways....

List of attendee's
1. Chris (limey)
2. Chris (mk1chris)
3. Chris (oukie)
4. Kate,G
5. Wayne
6. Richard Brett
7. Max (Monkeymax)
9. Jinxy
10. Deb (unowho)
12. bill hulme
13. Pete "The Party" Hartley (NINJA)

Tony Jinxy Froude
3rd June 2009, 04:00 AM
Hi Everyone, I'll be attending this year. Not sure how many days or whether I'm camping yet but I'll be there to help win the football tournament anyways....

List of attendee's
1. Chris (limey)
2. Chris (mk1chris)
3. Chris (oukie)
4. Kate,G
5. Wayne
6. Richard Brett
7. Max (Monkeymax)
9. Jinxy
10. Deb (unowho)
12. bill hulme
13. Pete "The Party" Hartley (NINJA)

& Amanda i hope ?? :+: , Jinx

mr2mk1chick
3rd June 2009, 04:22 PM
I'm going to this but my MK1 will be on a different stand ;)
really?........
(what other stands are there for the mk1? :think: imoc/oc/mk1 club/and roc are all together and mk1s will be parked together....who's left? curious now LOL)

Monkeymax
5th June 2009, 12:02 PM
I haven't had a chance to catch up on this recently... :(
Are there any details yet on buying tickets?

oukie
7th June 2009, 09:32 PM
Right here goes :+:

To buy tickets you must go to

http://www.paypal.co.uk

Login, Click send money, The club account is, mr2mk1club@hotmail.com
Put JAE TICKETS in the title in CAPITALS :D

Fot the amount of GBP 21, per ticket

This is GBP 20 for the ticket and GBP 1 to cover Paypal and postage costs.

Your details will be forwarded to Mike Shevails who will forward me address's and ticket numbers so I can post tickets direct to you (as soon as I get them)

Thanks folks now get Buying :+:

Chris.

mr2mk1chick
8th June 2009, 07:44 AM
Login, Click send money, The club account is, mr2mk1club@hotmail.com
Put JAE TICKETS in the title in CAPITALS :D
Do you need to put your username or something to identify who you are when making a paypal payment? (just JAE tickets won't identify one person from another.....)
Also, is this a price open to all or a price for paid-up mk1 club members?

oukie
8th June 2009, 09:47 AM
That might be a good idea , :think: ,

But, Mike told me to do as I have wrote and he would be able to get people's details from their Paypal :think:

What does everyone think :think:

As far as priceing goes I think that is available to all (No one has told me differant) but tickets might be available at the gate at a higher cost etc , But there was also talk over on the JAE forums that no tickets will be available on the gate or after about 2 weeks before event.

Chris.

old petrolhead
8th June 2009, 12:14 PM
Is the £21.00 per day, or for the whole weekend. Cheers Richard :think:

oukie
8th June 2009, 01:12 PM
For the whole weekend includes camping :+:

Chris.

bill hulme
21st June 2009, 07:16 PM
Hi all, I will bring the northwest Gazbo and Flags
List of attendee's
1. Chris (limey)
2. Chris (mk1chris)
3. Chris (oukie)
4. Kate,G
5. Wayne
6. Richard Brett
7. Max (Monkeymax)
8. Jo (mr2mk1chick)
9. Jinxy
10. Deb (unowho)
11.Ki(mistertwokw)
12.Fowl
13. Ben (Tiny)
14. Bill Hulme

oukie
22nd June 2009, 09:07 PM
Looking good for numbers now folks :+:

unowho
1st July 2009, 02:13 PM
Have just had a PM on IMOC from Scott Barton, asking if we are taking part in any of the events, ie; the eating comp, 5 a side footie, karting.......
Can't see any reason why not, perhaps someone would like to take this on and get a few members together, could also have in-house competition? us/IMOC/ROC?

Will also need to register our teams, see http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=119392 from IMOC thread.

AW11 Forever
1st July 2009, 02:30 PM
Just catching up with this thread after been away for 3 weeks.

Just to let you know to date I haven't received any payments for tickets through the paypal??????????

Is there something wrong as the clubs paypal account is working fine, I'm receiving online application and regalia stuff fine.

AW11 Forever
1st July 2009, 02:35 PM
1. Chris (limey)
2. Chris (mk1chris)
3. Chris (oukie)
4. Kate,G
5. Wayne
6. Richard Brett
7. Max (Monkeymax)
8. Jo (mr2mk1chick)
9. Jinxy
10. Deb (unowho)
11.Ki(mistertwokw)
12.Fowl
13. Ben (Tiny)
14. Bill Hulme
15. Michael & Joanne ( Friday & Saturday, leaving Saturday evening for the Le Mans Series @ Silverstone )

Chris is the £21 ticket per car or per person.

Cheers keep up the good work its going to be great.

Kateg28
2nd July 2009, 07:13 AM
Just to let you know to date I haven't received any payments for tickets through the paypal??????????

Is there something wrong as the clubs paypal account is working fine, I'm receiving online application and regalia stuff fine.

:shock: I have paid through Paypal and have the receipt!

I will not be happy if my £21 has gone missing.

IanClements
2nd July 2009, 09:33 PM
We should definately get a footie team together. I don't mind being captain unless someone else wants to do it. Perhaps I should start another thread so we can put some names down?

oukie
5th July 2009, 11:56 AM
1. Chris (limey)
2. Chris (mk1chris)
3. Chris (oukie)
4. Kate,G
5. Wayne
6. Richard Brett
7. Max (Monkeymax)
8. Jo (mr2mk1chick)
9. Jinxy
10. Deb (unowho)
11.Ki(mistertwokw)
12.Fowl
13. Ben (Tiny)
14. Bill Hulme
15. Michael & Joanne ( Friday & Saturday, leaving Saturday evening for the Le Mans Series @ Silverstone )

Mike, Per person (again I think This is the case, not been told differant)

unowho
5th July 2009, 10:50 PM
1. Chris (limey)
2. Chris (mk1chris)
3. Chris (oukie)
4. Kate,G
5. Wayne
6. Richard Brett
7. Max (Monkeymax)
8. Jo (mr2mk1chick)
9. Jinxy
10. Deb (unowho)
11.Ki(mistertwokw)
12.Fowl
13. Ben (Tiny)
14. Bill Hulme

Mike, Per person (again I think This is the case, not been told differant)

Yes it's £21.00 per person, just need to sort finances out, Bank of Jinxy (for a change :silent: :wtf: ) then will be paying

oukie
8th July 2009, 09:22 AM
I have the tickets .

They came this morning, Recorded delivery I got 26 (i counted 3 times :lol: )
Is this right ?

So after people have paid could someone in the commitee forward to me ticket requirements and address' etc .

Ps, I shall be paying for 3 or maybe even 4 tickets (my mum and dad are bringing my old mk1 which I sold to them in 1999 :shock: ) As soon as I get the dosh :lol: .

Thanks

Chris.

oukie
8th July 2009, 09:26 AM
1. Chris (limey)
2. Chris (mk1chris)
3. Chris (oukie)
4. Kate,G
5. Wayne
6. Richard Brett
7. Max (Monkeymax)
8. Jo (mr2mk1chick)
9. Jinxy
10. Deb (unowho)
11.Ki(mistertwokw)
12.Fowl
13. Ben (Tiny)
14. Bill Hulme
16. oukie's mum and dad :lol:

So going by the name's on list we have so far 18 people going, But I wonder if some of these members may get the tickets from IMOC etc

pistol pete
8th July 2009, 04:53 PM
ill be after a ticket.. my names not sown onthe list yet but if you got one of them spare let me know and ill pay

pete

AW11 Forever
8th July 2009, 07:51 PM
Right guys,

Anyone who has paid for tickets via paypal will need to do the following as the paypal address listed is not the clubs, its listed as mr2mk1club@hotmail.com and it should be mr2mk1club@hotmail.co.uk

To buy tickets for JAE log into http://www.paypal.co.uk and select send money.

Enter mr2mk1club@hotmail.co.uk and pay £21

You must put in the title JAE TICKETS MK1 CLUB

And then select pay.

If you have paid aleady with the wrong address ( .com ) the transaction won't have completed as the address doesn't exist, the status will probably say not completed or pending, please simply cancel the transaction and pay via the .co.uk address.

I thought it was strange that I hadn't received any payments for tickets. Once payments start coming through I'll email Chris will names and addresss.

Thanks
Michael

mr2mk1chick
9th July 2009, 12:02 PM
Right guys,

Anyone who has paid for tickets via paypal will need to do the following as the paypal address listed is not the clubs, its listed as mr2mk1club@hotmail.com and it should be mr2mk1club@hotmail.co.uk

confusing :crazy: as the real club site is .com, and someone random owns the .co.uk address. i guess this is just a paypal thing and has been set up weird....

edit:

i was confuesd because:
mr2mk1club.com is owned by this club
mr2mk1club.co.uk is owned by IMOC!

bill hulme
9th July 2009, 04:52 PM
:oops: I have changed my paypal account to the new address, for my ticket, But
I forgot to say it is for the JAE TICKET So I hope I get one, please make allowance for
a silly old man.
Bill Hulme.

andyj
10th July 2009, 07:10 AM
Juts to confirm Sam and I will be at JAE. Since we've currently mark 2 :lol: we'll book through IMOC and put the car in their section. Plan to camp in your area and needless to say, will be spending whole time with you lot :D

Hopefully will see some of you sooner than that :+:

AW11 Forever
10th July 2009, 08:26 AM
We own the email address mr2mk1club@hotmail.co.uk ( couldn't get .com )

Paypal address has to be the same as email address.

Please make sure you input the title for your JAE tickets.

Bill I can confirm I have yours.

oukie
10th July 2009, 10:06 AM
Are you sure its not .com Micheal ?

Cause in the Pm you sent me , It says .com not .co.uk

just wanna make sure its right :+:

Chris.

AW11 Forever
10th July 2009, 01:16 PM
Hi Chris,

It's definately .co.uk

Thats the clubs paypal address, it was my mistake printing .com in the original email.

Anyone who has tried to buy tickets with the .com address will need to cancel it, the transaction won't have happened as mr2mk1club@hotmail.com doesn't exist so it won't have been collected.

I can confirm I have only received payment from Kate Garlick and Bill Hulme.

Chris PM me your email address and I'll send you through the confirmations as they come through.

Cheers

pistol pete
10th July 2009, 01:23 PM
all well and good

but does anybody else think £21 per person is a bit steep??
i know its not down to this club but even so...

i remmeber it being 11 pound for the weekend.....

so some cars could end up paying up to 84 quid!!!! (not mr2's)

ill still be going but the runners of the show will be making a killing..

scott barton
23rd July 2009, 11:34 AM
Hi guys and gals...

How are you getting on with your ticket sales for JAE?

pistol pete
23rd July 2009, 09:00 PM
hey scott howz ya doing

still got the huge brakes on yours i love so much??

i am stil hoping to get to JAE
not sure who to get tickets from yet..

pete

oukie
25th July 2009, 08:25 PM
all well and good

but does anybody else think £21 per person is a bit steep??
i know its not down to this club but even so...

i remmeber it being 11 pound for the weekend.....

so some cars could end up paying up to 84 quid!!!! (not mr2's)

ill still be going but the runners of the show will be making a killing..

I dont think that is the case TBH ,Im pretty sure this is a non profit event run by car club enthusiasts (spelling :oops: ) I went to the pre-meet and cost etc were explained and the price reflects alot of things, entertainment etc not to even mention insureance costs and toilet hire etc etc etc the list is huge, GBP 21 or there abouts in my opinion is not alot of money for a whole weekend.
When you consider say a music festival tickets start at GBP 100 for them (I know its a cr@p comparison but as im going to bloodstock soon I thought I could use it :lol: )

Chris

Tony Jinxy Froude
26th July 2009, 05:48 PM
We are gonna be a little disapointed im affraid as it looks like Mike & Jo Sheavills, myself & Debs wont be able to go to JAE this year, this is the first time since owning a mk1 that i havnt been :( , we will be returning from Scotland that weekend & we had already booked Sunday to go to Silverstone & was going to do both JAE & Silverstone that weekend, but the extra cost of JAE @£21 per person has pretty much sealed the fate on that one, so its going to be Silverstone im affraid as the tickets have been purchased in advance already :( to say im really disapointed is an understatement, but the change in date & the price, plus such a hectic weekend will just be toio much for us, hope you all have a great time though folks & i know the 3 Chris's will organise a fab display for our cars :+: , cheers, Jinx

Tiny
27th July 2009, 12:16 PM
Money sent :+:

I have the days off before hand so can help with the setup/building of the camp. :+:

unowho
4th August 2009, 02:50 PM
Come on guys :wave: :wave:

Deadline nearly upon us, get signed and paid up for this, this is the biggest show of our calendar :+: :+:

Hown many have already paid up??

AW11 Forever
4th August 2009, 02:59 PM
Debs I'll check the Paypal now but I'm fairly sure theres only about 4 tickets been sold so far !

Tony Jinxy Froude
4th August 2009, 03:22 PM
Thats shocking news :o 4 tickets !!!!!????, dont think in all honesty this is down to the club, i think its down to the JAE organisers changing the date & possibly the venue, although the venue change was not their fault, a big event like this should be mid summer as it always used to be, plenty of people willing to camp, but its just too late in the calandar for people to risk camping & enjoying a weekend of it & its also a time when many people are on their hols still, i really hope this doesnt spell the end to JAE, unless they can change the format somehow :crazy: , Jinx

unowho
4th August 2009, 07:56 PM
1. Chris (limey)
2. Chris (mk1chris)
3. Chris (oukie)
4. Kate,G
5. Wayne
6. Richard Brett
7. Max (Monkeymax)
8. Jo (mr2mk1chick)
9. Jinxy
10. Deb (unowho)
11.Ki(mistertwokw)
12.Fowl
13. Ben (Tiny)
14. Bill Hulme

So going by the name's on list we have so far 18 people going, But I wonder if some of these members may get the tickets from IMOC etc

So we have all these names on the list and only 4 tickets sold :oops: , that doesn't quite add up :o , I know Mike, Jo, Jinxy and myself have pulled, that still leaves the other half, come peeps GET BUYING

oukie
4th August 2009, 09:22 PM
I've bought two tickets :+:

But may buy a third when is the cut off date ????????

Chris.

scott barton
5th August 2009, 08:06 AM
1. Chris (limey)
2. Chris (mk1chris)
3. Chris (oukie)
4. Kate,G
5. Wayne
6. Richard Brett
7. Max (Monkeymax)
8. Jo (mr2mk1chick)
9. Jinxy
10. Deb (unowho)
11.Ki(mistertwokw)
12.Fowl
13. Ben (Tiny)
14. Bill Hulme

So we have all these names on the list and only 4 tickets sold :oops: , that doesn't quite add up :o , I know Mike, Jo, Jinxy and myself have pulled, that still leaves the other half, come peeps GET BUYING

Come on everyone. I really dont think the date or venue will matter that much. Its Spetember, its not bleeding December! Come on all you big woossie's! Get committed to JAE!
At IMOC we have so far sold 39 tickets, i am lead to beleive ROC has sold 10+.

We have hired a fantastic marquee for the event with lighting and furniture. We have a Hog Roast coming in on the Saturday evening and we are just sorting out the entertainment for the night.

Historically this show has been the best of the year. There is no reason that it wont be this year!
Looking at your list, the only person i can see who has bought from IMOC is Chris (Limey), so that leaves 15 of you to make a massive Mk1 impact on the MR2 Village.

:mrgreen:

AW11 Forever
5th August 2009, 09:09 AM
Yup only 4 tickets sold

Kate
Bill
Richard
Tiny

Chris I don't have a payment from you, did you pay it into the right account

mr2mk1club@hotmail.co.uk

I have a feeling you paid it into .com

Please can you check, theres nothing in the account for £42 for JAE tickets.

Please PM me the following

Address you paid the money into

Date

Thanks

AW11 Forever
5th August 2009, 09:12 AM
Updated List

1. Chris (limey)
2. Chris (mk1chris)
3. Chris (oukie)
4. Kate,G
5. Wayne
6. Richard Brett
7. Max (Monkeymax)
8. Jo (mr2mk1chick )
9. Ki(mistertwokw)
10.Fowl
11. Ben (Tiny)
12. Bill Hulme
13. oukie's mum and dad

Tiny
5th August 2009, 09:51 AM
the updated list is that everyone who has now paid? from 4 to 13 overnight effectively?

unowho
5th August 2009, 12:41 PM
Hi peeps

Have had a request from Scott Barton, who was looking into hiring a Disco/Karoke for Saturday night, but a little too costly, does anyone on here have or know of anyone who has a decent enough stereo system to bring along?

Debs

AW11 Forever
5th August 2009, 02:52 PM
No, the list is people who said they were going to attend.

To date only 4 tickets have been sold ! :o :o

Time is ticking guys if you want to attend this great event, last year was brilliant, defo worth making the effort.

You guys are luck I had to choose between Scotland and JAE, as it happens Scotland has been booked up since October last year, I thought I might have been able to make it but the Le Mans Series @ Silverstone has fallen on the same weekend.

If you intent to go please can you buy your tickets so Chris can get organised with numbers and get the tickets out, please don't leave it to the last minute :+:

Cheers

oukie
5th August 2009, 08:16 PM
I paid it to the .co.uk

You have PM

AW11 Forever
6th August 2009, 05:11 PM
Not claimed, you have reply to PM

unowho
14th August 2009, 11:48 AM
Come on guys 4 weeks to this show :wave: :wave: , not to late to purchase your tickets :+:

scott barton
14th August 2009, 12:41 PM
Debs, at the pre meet, did you guys pay for any tickets up front?

AW11 Forever
14th August 2009, 03:15 PM
Still only 4 tickets sold :-: :-:

Whats going on !!

unowho
14th August 2009, 09:09 PM
Debs, at the pre meet, did you guys pay for any tickets up front?

Yes we did, my notes say 20, but pretty sure Chris (oukie) said he has received 26?

Not looking good for Club funds, if not many more takers :-:

bill hulme
15th August 2009, 02:43 AM
Hi I know I have paid, How about a list of the ones that have paid to stop any confusion.
Bill Hulme.

scott barton
15th August 2009, 02:10 PM
Come on you Mk1 owners!

Lets see you join the festivities! IMOC has sold 69 tickets so far!

Debs, i have not placed the order for any tickets yet (why was the decision taken to buy up front???), and will be placing the order with JAE beginning of next week (24th Aug). If you have any left over drop me a line and we could see if IMOC can buy your unsold tickets off you.

AW11 Forever
15th August 2009, 07:00 PM
Tickets bought, Chris no idea what you doing but no payment received from you :crazy:

Ben
Kate
Bill
Richard

Bill this is posed earlier in the thread

Monkeymax
17th August 2009, 01:48 PM
I've just paid for one ticket. Sorry I couldn't sort it out sooner. :+:

AW11 Forever
17th August 2009, 04:51 PM
Updated ticket sales Friday 21st August 2009

1 Ben
2 Kate Garlick
3 Bill Hulme
4 Richard Brett
5 Max Starr
6 Stuart Nolloth
7 Chris x 2

oukie
19th August 2009, 04:23 PM
For some stupid reason I cant pay for tickets that are sitting in my desk :evil:

I have tried several times and im deffo doing the correct address it just says in my paypal account 'unclaimed' I use my paypal account almost daily and the funds are there .

Anyone got any ideas Im trying to buy 2

P.S I did get 26 tickets (just counted again)

Chris.

unowho
19th August 2009, 09:55 PM
Hi guys

Seem to have lost my way a little lately, hopefully getting back on track :roll: , have asked Richard Brett if we could maybe put an advert in the next Mag, hi-liting JAE, to try and win some more peoples to come along, fingers and toes crossed :shifty:

scott barton
21st August 2009, 10:35 PM
Dont forget Chris/Debs, if you cant shift your tickets let me know ASAP. I will be placing my order for 79 IMOC tickets (to date) on Monday or Tuesday with JAE.
IMOC can buy your un-sold tickets off you so the Mk1 Club wont lose out financially.

AW11 Forever
22nd August 2009, 07:40 AM
Thanks Scott, appreciate that.

Ok guys the deadline now has been extended to Tuesday thanks to Scott, after that a number of spare tickets will be sold back to IMOC, I think we should hold onto a few, say 5 just in case we get a few late entries.

Chris can you see that these tickets find there way back to IMOC, cheers

Realy suprised we can only attract 6 members to this event, any ideas why you think this isnt appealing to people?

Blue84
22nd August 2009, 07:54 PM
The reason we're not going with the MK1 club or IMOC is that I didn't feel all that welcomed (apart from Jinx & Debs) last year..so we're going with another club that I've been part of since 2004 and enjoyed many fab JAE's with them previously.

Will be taking my red MK1 though so when people are wandering around you should see it anyway on another stand!

AW11 Forever
23rd August 2009, 08:08 AM
OMG I'm really concerned that you felt like that at one of our events. The MK1 Club is one of the most welcoming and friendly cub I've ever been involved in. I've attended over 100 Club events and never had a problem with people in the club being friendly and helping out, talking to each other, helping with problems etc.

Shocked that this happened :o and you feel this way.

andyj
24th August 2009, 07:39 AM
Well I thought the Mark 1 Club welcome was brilliant last year and we had an incredible time. We'd not been to JAE for a couple of years before that and had intended to go again this year.

We decided not to go in the end this year as camping in September is a bit more tricky. Also, lots of usual Mark 1 Club people were unable to go due to Scotland trip, so it didn't look so attractive. I think it's simply a victim of the timing. Let's hope next year it's a bit earlier in the year and we get to know the date at an earlier stage.

AW11 Forever
24th August 2009, 09:13 AM
Updated ticket sales Monday 24th August 2009

1 Ben
2 Kate Garlick
3 Bill Hulme
4 Richard Brett
5 Max Starr
6 Stuart Nolloth
7 Chris x 2
8 Stuart ( paying cheque into club bank account as doesn't have Paypal )

9 tickets sold, deadline tomorrow!!

This is going to be a great weekend, 100's of MR2's will be there, would be great to have a stand of 15 MK1's, at the moment we have 8 :o which is about what we had last year.

Apparently September is going to be hot and dry, however don't quote me on that, the venue it has to be said looks great with plenty of traders and shows, great value for £21 for the weekend.

Come on guys, if you are free that weekend why not make a date for JAE, remember you can buy your tickets online at Paypal or send a cheque to:

MR2 MK1 Club
19 Annand Way
Cobblers Hall
Newton Aycliffe
Co Durham
DL5 4ZD

If you are sending me a cheque to the club office will you kindly PM me so I can add you to the list.

Cheers
Michael

AW11 Forever
24th August 2009, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the comments Andy, appreciate that :+:

Yup there are a few characters missing this year due to it clashing with the huge Scotland trip which has been booked up since October last year. There are at least 6 members attending this trip that would have been at JAE for sure, so Andy you are probably right timing has come into play, however look at the list of people attending, some great members who love their MK1's :+: get yourselves there and have a geat weekend, JAE is a brilliant Japanese car show, if not the best in the country.

oukie
25th August 2009, 11:58 AM
Mike,

I will keep 14 tickets then and send the 12 to scott over at IMOC

bill hulme
25th August 2009, 03:19 PM
Hi all, Is there some one taking one of the club Gazbo's from the local area, We need
something to shelter from the SUN :+:, To the members that have not been to JAE before, it must be the biggest get together of Japenise cars it the country, To people
that think it will be cold to camp you just put a jumper on.
Bill. :+:

unowho
25th August 2009, 03:38 PM
Hi all, Is there some one taking one of the club Gazbo's from the local area, We need
something to shelter from the SUN :+:, To the members that have not been to JAE before, it must be the biggest get together of Japenise cars it the country, To people
that think it will be cold to camp you just put a jumper on.
Bill. :+:

We are sharing a huge marquee with IMOC and ROC, so plenty of shelter :+: , will just need flags to be bought along, and good advice Bill, pack a few extra jumpers :lol: :lol:

unowho
30th August 2009, 03:30 PM
Stuart Kynoch

Can you please take the cheque book with you, the final balances will need to be paid to IMOC, for our share in the amenities etc.,

Debs

unowho
31st August 2009, 09:35 PM
Have a good 1 guys :clap: :clap: :+: :+:

old petrolhead
1st September 2009, 08:49 AM
Hi all. When will the tickets be sent please?

Cheers

Richard :D

oukie
1st September 2009, 03:11 PM
Updated ticket sales Monday 24th August 2009

1 Ben
2 Kate Garlick
3 Bill Hulme
4 Richard Brett
5 Max Starr
6 Stuart Nolloth
7 Chris x 2
8 Stuart ( paying cheque into club bank account as doesn't have Paypal )

9 tickets sold.

Is this correct ? :think: , are those that have paid only buying one ticket (apart from
me)

Im posting the tickets tomorrow to the people that I have address for (Richard Brett and Bill Hulme you have PM)
Could everyone confirm how many tickets they are having as Ive not been told,
Also, Stuart (the guy who paid via cheque could I have your address and confirmation of payment and numbers etc .

AW11 Forever
1st September 2009, 04:57 PM
Chris everyone except you bought the 1 ticket.

oukie
2nd September 2009, 07:57 AM
Cheers Mike I thought you had left for the Scotland trip :+:

oukie
2nd September 2009, 08:13 AM
WHO has the flags and are they coming to JAE ?

Is it Bill Hulme who has some flags etc ? ,

I have a Banner which belongs to the Upper Thames area of the club.

Chris.

oukie
2nd September 2009, 06:33 PM
Tickets that I will be posting Tomorrow (first class) are as follows

1.Kate
2.Ben (Tiny)
3.Stuart Nolloth
4.Bill Hulme
5.Max
6.Richard Brett

Include with your ticket is your hog roast token so make sure you look after them both :+:

I have not received confirmation of the other Stuart (anyone know if this our chairman)

Chris.

STUAW11
2nd September 2009, 07:26 PM
When will the JAE tickets be sent out :?:

[edit: mod moved this post from gen discussion]

ziggy
3rd September 2009, 04:25 PM
If i turn up on the day,pay at the gate.Would i be able to park on the club stand,or be directed to the main car parking area.

Anyone know?

Thanks

mr2mk1chick
3rd September 2009, 06:26 PM
If i turn up on the day,pay at the gate.Would i be able to park on the club stand,or be directed to the main car parking area.

Anyone know?

Thanks
I don't know, as i've not been involved in the organising.
Usually at theses things once you have got past the ticket guys on the gate you can pretty much go wherever.
If its a real problem with an on-gate ticket versus an advance club ticket, im sure someone will give you their car pass to borrow to get you car on the main stand past the ticket poilce

you would be very welcome on the stand Terry :+:

oukie
4th September 2009, 06:58 PM
TBH I dont even think there is going to be Tickets available at gate

mr2mk1chick
5th September 2009, 08:20 AM
TBH I dont even think there is going to be Tickets available at gate
ahh - did't know tey had changed the format soo much
imoc may have tickets spare.....?

Tiny
5th September 2009, 06:13 PM
I got my ticket thanks

see you all there though my car may be on the TGT stand now im working for them

bill hulme
6th September 2009, 03:07 PM
Yes I am bringing 2 flags :+:
Bill.

Boyzdad
6th September 2009, 05:43 PM
Hello,
I have few questions.....

1: Just wondered if I am too late to get a ticket for the stand? I am hoping to get my Black (or absense of colour if you are Bill ;) ) Mk1a MOT'd before the weekend to possibly attend on Saturday.

2: Do I need to pay for a ticket for the day if I am on the stand, if not/so is this affected if my son Jack comes with me in the car?

3: I have some Tesco "days out" vouchers that allow me entry to Wicksteed park, does this allow me to get into the car show if I can't get my car done in time.

Sorry for all the questions :( I have been away from the forum for a while now, I have been VERY busy with work :(

Monkeymax
6th September 2009, 06:17 PM
PM Chris (Oukie) to see if there are any tickets remaining.

It's worth pointing out that you will be able to buy tickets at the gate. They're £25 per ticket (which is per person, not per car). I am unsure whether or not you'll be able to drive your car in though, with a general admission ticket (though my ticket doesn't seem to have a car pass with it so I guess we don't need one as in previous years...). Strictly speaking you should camp in the non-confirmed camping area, but it looks like there may be some space still in the MR2 Village area, so it's worth finding out when you get there.

Boyzdad
7th September 2009, 08:35 AM
Strictly speaking you should camp in the non-confirmed camping area, but it looks like there may be some space still in the MR2 Village area, so it's worth finding out when you get there.

I can only come on one day (probably Sat) so is the ticket only for camping or for the show or both?

Sorry for being thick :(

oukie
7th September 2009, 10:14 AM
The Tickets are for the whole weekend and have been available for some time At GBP21 pere ticket from the club it will cost you GBP25 on the gate per person, I think though if you are going as say a person going to wickstead park you can wonder over to the show and have awalk round for free but you cant get your car in without paying .

I Now only have 2 spare tickets (which may already be spoken for ) as soon as Stuart(whoever he is gets in contact with me ) As he has seeminly paid for the tickets via cheaque to the club but I have no address for him and no one has got back to me as to who this stuart is (perhaps the chairman?) I dont know. But at this rete he wont be going either :think:

Ben
7th September 2009, 11:49 AM
Looks like I'm going now as well :D

So if I pay on the gate I can still bring the car in??

Boyzdad
7th September 2009, 01:35 PM
I think though if you are going as say a person going to wickstead park you can wonder over to the show and have awalk round for free but you cant get your car in without paying.

OK thanks for the info ;) That kind of counts me out anyway.....

I understand if the ticket price covers camping etc, then fair do's (if this is the case) but to make money for someone (by creating an event for them with your car), and then be charged for the privilege does not sit well with me.

Just my opinion. I am not saying this is the case for JAE, but I have been to a few events like this, and I won't display my cars at them. I am not angry about it, I just feel it's wrong.

As I can only come for the day, I can't justify the cost of showing my car (if I get it ready in time), I will probably attend and say hello though!

Thanks again for the info.

Kateg28
7th September 2009, 01:42 PM
Looks like I'm going now as well :D

:+: :clap:

oukie
7th September 2009, 05:54 PM
I think though if you are going as say a person going to wickstead park you can wonder over to the show and have awalk round for free but you cant get your car in without paying.

OK thanks for the info ;) That kind of counts me out anyway.....

I understand if the ticket price covers camping etc, then fair do's (if this is the case) but to make money for someone (by creating an event for them with your car), and then be charged for the privilege does not sit well with me.

Just my opinion. I am not saying this is the case for JAE, but I have been to a few events like this, and I won't display my cars at them. I am not angry about it, I just feel it's wrong.

As I can only come for the day, I can't justify the cost of showing my car (if I get it ready in time), I will probably attend and say hello though!

Thanks again for the info.

I think your being a bit harsh TBH that money covers alot of things, For instance the entertainment, fireworks, show and shine, japanese food eating cotest, etc etc etc Public Liability insurance etc etc etc sole use of the fair ground on Friday etc etc.

TBH GBP 21 seems like a blooming good bargain for a whole weekend, yes it is expensive (if there is more than one of you, for just one day) but hey saturday is the best day for things going on etc and I challenge anyone to tell me when was the last time they went out for a day and it cost less than GBP 21 :crazy:

You cant even camp for a whole weekend elseware for that kind of money,
Absolute Bargain :+:

Boyzdad
7th September 2009, 06:34 PM
I think your being a bit harsh TBH that money covers alot of things, For instance the entertainment, fireworks, show and shine, japanese food eating cotest, etc etc etc Public Liability insurance etc etc etc sole use of the fair ground on Friday etc etc.

TBH GBP 21 seems like a blooming good bargain for a whole weekend, yes it is expensive (if there is more than one of you, for just one day) but hey saturday is the best day for things going on etc and I challenge anyone to tell me when was the last time they went out for a day and it cost less than GBP 21 :crazy:

You cant even camp for a whole weekend elseware for that kind of money,
Absolute Bargain :+:

Like I said........

I understand if the ticket price covers camping etc, then fair do's (if this is the case).......

Have I got this wrong? Is this a private show? Are members of the public allowed in for free? Surely the money for the insurance, fireworks etc comes from the people who pay to come and see the cars/show?

I don't think, and don't believe I said that anyone should be allowed to see the cars/show for free.

I don't think, and don't believe I said that £21 is expensive for a weekend event, it isn't if I gave this impression, I am sorry.

I just don't think that the people who make the effort to bring their cars to a show (paying for fuel etc), to make/create the show, earning the promoters money (in many cases) should have to pay to do so, to me, at least, this seems morally wrong.

To make myself clear(er?) this only applies if I was asked to pay money to park my car on an event stand, not if I was getting more out of it (camping space, free entry to park facilities etc). I have been asked to do this before, and won't do it, that's all. As I said, I am not angry about it, I just feel it's wrong.

This is my opinion. If I have offended people with it, sorry :( But I still feel the same ;)

As I said in my original post when asking questions about this event, I have not been on the forum for a very long time, and TBH, did not have the time to trawl though all of the posts on this event, I guess I got the wrong end of the stick about it and set myself up for a fall. I will try and pay more attention in future ;)..... work permitting :(

scott barton
8th September 2009, 02:06 PM
Just to confirm:

You will be able to pay on the gate £25 per person. This is regardless whether you stay for 1 day or 3.

You will be able to park up on the club stand. Follow signs for area 'Ebisu'. You will see the MR2 village. ONLY IF YOU HAVE AN MR2. All other cars will have to be parked in the general car park.

You will be able to camp in the club camping area.

Anyone who is turning up on the off chance and wishes to partake in the Hog Roast we have arranged on the Saturday night, we plan to charge £4 per head. Any advance ticket holders, this is already included in your ticket price and you should be in possesion of a 'Hog Token' already.

These are the rules we have laid down on IMOC.

Kateg28
8th September 2009, 08:47 PM
Hog token??

Got my ticket but not a hog token! :think:

Ben
8th September 2009, 09:08 PM
I'm there with bells on :D

I'll be rocking up sometime friday afternoon, accompanied by Pete in his smokey old Datsun ;) :lol:

Now...
what do I need to go camping with? :oops:

pistol pete
8th September 2009, 10:39 PM
I'm there with bells on :D

I'll be rocking up sometime friday afternoon, accompanied by Pete in his smokey old Datsun ;) :lol:

Now...
what do I need to go camping with? :oops:

after that comment you'll need a tent :lol:

remeber my smokey old datsun is carrying all the things you need to camp :+:

looking foward to it see you lot there... ill be in my 300 t shirt

Ben
8th September 2009, 10:48 PM
:cry: You wouldn't kick me out... would you?? :(

I wouldn't worry anyway - I've just spent another hour under the car after my exhaust made yet another bid for freedom :evil:

Think I might have stressed it a bit trying to keep up with the big boys at the weekend :oops: :lol:

Anyway - remember who's bringing the beers ;)

Kateg28
9th September 2009, 06:20 AM
I am bringing Bacardi Breezers! But I am a girl.

And a foot pump for my lilo! :+:

pistol pete
9th September 2009, 11:08 AM

always amazes me how many people don't

pistol pete
9th September 2009, 11:09 AM
:cry: You wouldn't kick me out... would you?? :(

I wouldn't worry anyway - I've just spent another hour under the car after my exhaust made yet another bid for freedom :evil:

Think I might have stressed it a bit trying to keep up with the big boys at the weekend :oops: :lol:

Anyway - remember who's bringing the beers ;)

naahhh i would not do that.. ill reminde everyone you are sleeping ont he datzun stand though

mr2mk1chick
9th September 2009, 12:50 PM

always amazes me how many people don't

i don't - foot pump :-:
plug in air compressor :+:

Kateg28
9th September 2009, 08:06 PM
Alternatively forget a pump and get the boys to all have a go at pumping up my lilo :wave:

They were such gentlemen at Enfield :+:

Ben
9th September 2009, 08:08 PM
Alternatively forget a pump and get the boys to all have a go at pumping up my lilo :wave:

They were such gentlemen at Enfield :+:

If a little light-headed :lol: (it was a big lilo in our defence :shifty: )

oukie
9th September 2009, 08:09 PM
Hog token??

Got my ticket but not a hog token! :think:

I think you better check the envolope as I clearly told everyone when I posted the tickets that a hog roast token was included with their ticket and I double checked all envolope's for ticket plus token before I sealed and poste

oukie
9th September 2009, 08:11 PM
Tickets that I will be posting Tomorrow (first class) are as follows

1.Kate
2.Ben (Tiny)
3.Stuart Nolloth
4.Bill Hulme
5.Max
6.Richard Brett

Include with your ticket is your hog roast token so make sure you look after them both :+:

I have not received confirmation of the other Stuart (anyone know if this our chairman)

Chris.

See what I wrote here Kate I hope you havn't binned it :lol:

Oh and by the way this was back on page 17

Kateg28
9th September 2009, 08:23 PM
FOUND IT. :+:

It was tucked up in the corner of the envelope and is not exactly huge but I have it now

From Kate and her big lilo

:shock:

oukie
9th September 2009, 08:38 PM
Great, Kate and her big LILO :o

Ben
9th September 2009, 08:42 PM
Well, if you want anyone to blow up your big lilo there will be a nice selection of strong young men only willing to oblige... :shifty:

AW11 Forever
9th September 2009, 09:32 PM
Chris,

It is Stuart Kynoch our chairman/membership secretary, I spoke to him a few weeks ago and he mentioned he was going.

He is paying by cheque

Monkeymax
9th September 2009, 09:52 PM
Well, if you want anyone to blow up your big lilo there will be a nice selection of strong young men only willing to oblige... :shifty:

You mean young man? I think you're on your own on that one Ben! :lol:

Really glad you're coming by the way Ben - great to finally get to meet you. Can't believe you'll be packing stuff in Pete's car though - it's easy to pack stuff for JAE in the '2... I've done it for two people camping the weekend at JAE before. :+: (although I've got an empty seat and loads of space this year...)

Oh, just a note for everyone (not sure if it was written earlier). No glass is allowed on site. Only cans & plastic bottles... They may search cars on entry and remove any glass they find.

Ben
9th September 2009, 10:31 PM
Lol, no I'm bringing my own stuff, but I have no tent and pete has a big yellow one :)

ALso, Kel is well aware that I can't organise my way out of a paper bag, so is providing Pete with enough food to feed both of us (and probably half of the MR2 village as well! ;) )

I'm bringing beer :D

Will be nice to finally meet you as well - I'll be there some time friday afternoon :)

Monkeymax
9th September 2009, 10:55 PM
Cool.

Food, knew I forgot about something. :problem: Drat. Better go shopping before I go.

I've got a spare tent you can borrow if you want...? It's fairly big for one person too...

Ben
9th September 2009, 11:11 PM
Thanks Max, but I think I'm sorted. If you're stuck for food, I also have various soups and super-noodles. Tasty...

Suppose I'd better wash the car at some point before I go... :think:

Monkeymax
10th September 2009, 12:18 AM
RIght, on a slightly different note...

In the past I used the IMOC template for car info sheet at JAE. Seeing it again this year reminded me about it again:
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=123580

So I've decided to do one for the Mk1 Club.
In blank form it looks like this:
http://www.borealis.me.uk/Mk1ClubJAEFlyer/sample1.png

Alternatively there is a 'lite' version with no background, which will be cheaper & easier to print:

http://www.borealis.me.uk/Mk1ClubJAEFlyer/sample2.png

My filled in one:

http://www.borealis.me.uk/Mk1ClubJAEFlyer/sample3.png

You can download the blank one here:
http://www.borealis.me.uk/Mk1ClubJAEFlyer/Mk1ClubJAEFlyer.doc

Or the lite version here:
http://www.borealis.me.uk/Mk1ClubJAEFlyer/Mk1ClubJAEFlyerLite.doc

Feel free to use these for display on your car (i.e. inside the windscreen) at JAE. In the past these were used for the show & Shine competition, etc, but I'm not sure these are going ahead this year. Still, would be nice if all the Mk1 club attendees had a similar style info sheet if possible...?

You don't have to fill in all the info or forum ID (can use just your first name if you want)... It's just a starting point. As i'll probably be walking around with shirts with my username on the back most the weekend, it makes sense for me to use my Forum ID on the sheet... ;)

Also, while I'm 'borrowing' info from IMOC... Malcolm's recreated his checklist thread of what to pack here:
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=117892
May be useful to someone who's never been before.

mr2mk1chick
10th September 2009, 05:02 PM
Great stuff Max :+: Thanks for that. I did some of those when i was events organiser, plus an info pack on arrival with all the mk1 stuff we'd planned at the show.
The window info was definately well recieved that time - its nice to get to know what cars are who's.

I think we can finally come to JAE, albeit a bit later in the show.
I will have to get a ticket at the gate, but aim to be there for sat night and all sunday now, so i'm looking forward to it.

pistol pete
10th September 2009, 09:22 PM
ALso, Kel is well aware that I can't organise my way out of a paper bag, so is providing Pete with enough food to feed both of us (and probably half of the MR2 village as well! ;) )
:)

you know its true as well.. they just got back in with 4 BAGS of shopping.. we are not going hungry :+:

i think i can feed most at jae

Ben
11th September 2009, 11:46 AM
I'm just finishing up at work now - see you there peeps! 8-) :wave:

pistol pete
13th September 2009, 02:43 PM
ill start it off

well waht can i say what a fab weekend... and great great venue

as you know i with the 300zx club so there are a load of them photos here..

but i spent most of my time with you guys and loved it
had a fab night sat as i got hammered and i never never drink
so was a good laugh.. massive fail run into the two brutal tent with oukie ben and tiny saying hello.. no one answered and we left with out saying another word...
loved the GH on the wii well set up scott great fun getting everyone havin a bash.. 2guitars next year for some face off :)

thanks to ben edwards for supplying me with beer..
thanks for comming and showing some interest in my car...

and thanks toni for lettting me sit in the gtr .. i want one even more now

here are my pics of JAE....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4072.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4073.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4074.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4075.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4076.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4077.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4078.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4079.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4080.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4081.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4082.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4083.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4084.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4085.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4086.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4087.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4088.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4089.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4090.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4091.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4092.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4093.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4094.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4095.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4096.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4097.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4098.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4099.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4100.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4101.jpg

now some other cars :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4102.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4103.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4104.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4105.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4106.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4107.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4108.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4109.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4110.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4111.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4112.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4113.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4115.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4116.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4117.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4118.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4119.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4120.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4121.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4122.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4123.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4124.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4125.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4126.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4127.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4128.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4129.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4130.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/petandkel/100_4131.jpg

Kateg28
13th September 2009, 06:44 PM
:+: :+: :+:

And even I can tell there are no Mr2's in those photos.

Good to see you all.

Ben
13th September 2009, 08:29 PM
What a brilliant weekend! It was great to put faces to usernames (even though I didn't speak to everyone there - I better go next year too :D ).

Notable moments:

Turning up without recognising anyone, only to hear "That's Ben Edwards!!" from Oukie, who promptly told me I'd parked in the wrong section :oops:

Anything related to Pete and alcohol (including the instant sobriety offered by GH)

Plotting how to siphon diesel out of a nearby transit van so that we could continue playing said GH.

The NOISE POLICE!!!

Drunk photography, followed 5 hours later by hung-over photography :?

Being first in the breakfast que.

Haribo vodka (DO NOT try this!) and subsequently putting the world to rights until 4.15am - in between Jo's giggling fits.

And, of course, loads of nice cars and nicer people. What a great MR2 community we have when we're away from the keyboards!

Big thanks to the organisers - the whole weekend went off like a dream :clap:

Finally uploaded the pics!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/11852238-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/c6b830dd-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/32496293-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/6ead72aa-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/fbe90f00-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/93114f37-1.jpg

MR2s in the mist...
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/b9a24a2e-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/13ad8e86-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/bde197a9-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/fcf9d509-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/53922a07-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/734e8f45-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/268c6483-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/a74d3ddf-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/e652a84e-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/70894c6e-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/ae0797cb-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/f41a3d21-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/ccdbfeb6-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/c6d23e17-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/c8183293-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/0c8788fa-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/6100e819-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/30469433-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/9084fae0-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/944ad578-1.jpg

And the crowd went...oh.
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/2855daf6-1.jpg

And some photo's dated early saturday morning, which I don't remember taking :?
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/b82f6370-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/c64f7f90-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/f3627cfa-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/dacc6b0d-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/09/ca2a1699-1.jpg

oukie
14th September 2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the GH gurning photo's Ben :+:

mk1chris
14th September 2009, 01:31 PM
I can honestly say that was the best car festival I have been to for a long long time.

Good to meet some mk1 peeps, even thought the club ticket sales seemed low, the mk1 was actualy pretty well represented with a couple of dozen coming and going over the course of the weekend.

Guitar Hero antics were ace, hog roast was yummy and apart from the freezing cold nights, the weather was excellent. See you all again next year :+:

pistol pete
14th September 2009, 05:14 PM
thanks for the pics ben.. god i look good in them

how can you not remember the pics of the car in the dark..
you got me to shine a light on the car and you trned off your flash to see if it could work...

Monkeymax
14th September 2009, 11:30 PM
Aye, thanks for the pics so far! I'll try to upload mine this week (I was gonna say there aren't many as I wasn't in a photographic mood and my battery was flat - but there's 54!! :wtf: ) and put them on here... Well, some of them. We all know what MR2s look like after all. (No people photos from me this year unfortunately).

I absolutely loved the social side of it though. I hardly saw any of the rest of the show - though I'd never planned to as I really just wanted to see people I'd not seen in a while. In that respect it was ace. :+: I reckon it was the best JAE I've been to - out of the 4 I've been to so far.

Highlights for me? Getting lost trying to get to the MR2 Village (I'd been misdirected at the entrance), parking up in the show & shine car park where there was only one other entrant, and being told I could enter if I wanted... :lol: So I did, having made absolutely no effort at all. Unfortunately another car joined and entered... still at least I came third! :lol: (Out of 3!!! :lol: :lol: ) Wait until I upload the photos of the other two - they were gleaming, mine... well, wasn't!! :lol:

What else? Staying up late and chatting with a few of the other guys - notably Ben, Jo and Chris (Mk1 Chris) as we ended up being (so it seemed given the lack of lights and noise elsewhere) the last awake... :lol: Oh, and Jo's dog making love to Ben's arm... :lol: Haribo Vodka... :+:

Awesome weekend. Many thanks to Chris for sorting out the Mk1 club side of things. :+:
Loads of Mk1s there in the end, though not as many Mk1 club members as there could've been, so not a huge impact in that respect. But still, was definitely nice to see the Mk1s well represented.

Plus I ended up talking to general public show-goers for more than an hour on Sunday morning about the Mk1 - hopefully some new members there. Then as I was leaving (I was the last person to leave the MR2 village) someone else who was visiting the park came over to chat - apparently they'd owned a late (G-reg) Mk1 when the cars were younger too...!

Ben
15th September 2009, 07:04 AM
and Jo's dog making love to Ben's arm...

Randy little sod! That's the last time I make a fuss of him... :P

mr2mk1chick
15th September 2009, 10:23 AM

I am soo embarassed about that! :oops: :oops:
He's not done that for years - he was a randy pup
sorry

Kateg28
15th September 2009, 11:43 AM
I liked the fact that on Saturday mine was the best example of a Mica Blue Mk1 on the IMOC stand, possibly in the MR2 village. :+:

It was also the only one there, which is why it was the best. :oops:

On Sunday, another turned up so I was second.

Ben
15th September 2009, 11:58 AM
I liked the fact that on Saturday mine was the best example of a Mica Blue Mk1 on the IMOC stand, possibly in the MR2 village. :+:

It was also the only one there, which is why it was the best. :oops:

On Sunday, another turned up so I was second.

But it has swanky colour-changing paint though! :lol:

Oh, sorry I missed saying goodbye to you when I left, Kate - I couldn't see you around :(

Ben
15th September 2009, 12:01 PM

I am soo embarassed about that! :oops: :oops:
He's not done that for years - he was a randy pup
sorry

Lol! Don't worry about it, it was pretty funny! Perhaps next time I'll bring Millie so his attention is diverted ;)