PDA

View Full Version : Tatton Park, Aug 22nd/23rd (Camping)

bill hulme
7th January 2009, 07:48 PM
VINTAGE CLASSIC & SPORTS CAR SHOW. AUTO-JUMBLE. (CAMPING)

coverco
4th June 2009, 05:01 PM
I may as well get in early and ask if you can put me on the list for this event :+:

1. Tommy

John Redmond
4th June 2009, 06:06 PM
Nice one Tommy! :clap:

Ok, the tickets have been applied for (twenty), so the usual 'rules' apply. First twenty applicants get them, however we have never been over subscribed (yet) :crazy:

1) Tommy (Sat & Sun)
2) John Redmond (Sat & Sun)

Just a quickie though, could I trouble you for your real name (via PM if you want), so I can visualise who you are :oops:

I could do with volunteers to set up on the Friday evening, flags need erecting, along with the Gazebo and the pitch signs. As always many hands make light work and your help will be appreciated! :+:
If you are going to be there Friday could you add the info to the days you are attending.

Cheers
John

coverco
6th June 2009, 10:25 AM
Mike and I will be there on Friday evening and would be happy to help with the setting up, although I don't think Mike is big enough to do a corner of the gazebo :D

1) Tommy (Fri, Sat & Sun)

bill hulme
6th June 2009, 02:45 PM
1) Tommy (Fri, Sat & Sun)
3) Bill Hulme (Fri, Sat & Sun)

DOCTOR1987
19th June 2009, 05:24 PM
Hi my name is Martin and i have just joined the mk1 club and me and my mate would like to show my car on the sunday the 23rd.
what time do we need to be there for as well thank you

bill hulme
19th June 2009, 07:16 PM
Hi Martin, wellcome to the club, As to regards Tatton nearer the time John Redmond
will ask for names and addresses, To forword tickets to, We do ask for for member to be
on the pitch by 9.00am, You could add your name to the list that has been started,
If there is any more info you need please ask, You and your friend will be made most welcome at Tatton.
Bill.

mk1 dal
29th June 2009, 12:55 AM
hi john & bill can i enter two cars this august has my new mk1A will be rebuilt by then and my wife wants to take it .it seams my mr2 bug has rubbed off :lol:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/06/Picture038-1.jpg

its the same as yours bill ,always liked the colour scheme . i told you at tatton in may i was going to do another one this is it and loving every minute of rebuild ,it will be in show condition for tatton and just hope the wife gets it there in one piece :lol:
looking forward to another fantastic weekend

thanks gary

first-footer
10th July 2009, 10:40 PM
Bill,
Met you at the gate for the last show on the Sunday with my son ,Ben. Will confirm with you closer to the date if i can attend on the Sunday given work comitments.
Great show this one been on the stand for the past 3 years .
Take care,
Ian

John Redmond
17th July 2009, 12:37 PM
Twenty tickets have now arrived, true to form we have a new location! If anybody remembers the 1st show this year, we are were the TVR club where, and the pitch seems to be an 'optimistic' 20 spaces) Our neighbours are the 'Scoobies' (Impreza OC) and the Austin Healey club, and about as far as you can get from the MR2 DC. :(
Now a few changes!

1)There is a flyer about admission times, you must be there between 8:00 and 11:00am on the day of the show.

2)There is to be no camping in the woods! They have set a new camping area in the walled section were the VW camper club was. and I have FOUR tickets for that area. Please ask for the correct ticket if you are camping!

So allocation, PM me with the address that you like the tickets to be sent to, if I'm over subscribed for camping I'll write to the organizers ( they only deal with written or (very) limited phone communication - no email ).

Thanks
John

tommundy
18th July 2009, 09:35 PM
Hi John,

Full weekend Friday/Saturday/Sunday for me with camping please. :+:

Will be with the wife this time... might have to air the tent out after the last one, twas a bit funky after two nights of boozey man'ness. :sick:

Looking forward to it!

Cheers
Tom

mk1 dal
18th July 2009, 09:48 PM
hi john will only need one weekend pass has i have sold t bar , the new owner is joining club and is wanting to go thanks gary

coverco
18th July 2009, 10:16 PM
Hi John

I will have to back out of this show unfortunately, camping in the woods is part of the attraction for me and Mike. I am guessing camp fires will also be banned which really takes the fun out of the event. I hope everyone else has a great time :+:

John Redmond
20th July 2009, 11:06 AM
Sorry to read your post Tommy, however, I'm suprised as you to see the camping situation.
I suppose the organizers have been leaned on be the parks owners to stop the camping in the woods, I can't think of any other reason.
I've scanned and posted the stuff I've received below.

I feel this will be a great show and a good platform to show the club off.

MAP

http://uk.geocities.com/ollyowl@btinternet.com/img002.jpg

FLYER

http://uk.geocities.com/ollyowl@btinternet.com/img003.jpg

TICKET

http://uk.geocities.com/ollyowl@btinternet.com/img004.jpg

mr2mk1chick
22nd July 2009, 05:19 PM
Maybe you could ask them what the idea about this camping change is John.
Its a real shame, as this is what the really good part of the show was for most. :(
could we sneak under the old spot under the centre trees?
(sorry i'm not able to go, but gutted for others)

John Redmond
23rd July 2009, 05:49 AM
Hi Jo

I'll ask them the reason, but they are not the easiest to contact, do you remember the phone only between these times etc :evil:

OK, as for the show, I have the following confirmed,

1, Bill Hulme Sat & Sun
2, Ali Reeves Sat (possible Sun)
3, Mk1 Dal (Gary) Sat & Sun
4, John Redmond Sat & Sun
5, Tom Mundy (Sat & Sun) sorry Tom

To be confirmed

DOCTOR1987 Sun

As you can see I'm very light on numbers! If you would like to come along, you'd be very welcome, I'll even supply the pop,crisps and biscuits!

John

tommundy
23rd July 2009, 11:28 AM
:wave:

mistertwokw
24th July 2009, 09:22 AM
hI John, i no longer own an MR" but Lynn< Basil and I would still like to come down for the weekend as it was a great weekend last time. I will even hide the GTO at the back :shifty:

Ki

John Redmond
24th July 2009, 04:22 PM
Hi Ki,

As you can see, I'm (at the moment) light on attendees. :?
If you can bare with me, if there are spares you are very welcome to come along.

John

Hybrids
24th July 2009, 05:12 PM
I may be able to shed some light on the lack of camping in the woods, we were at Tatton earlier this month and the ground around the woods were quite churned up and taped off, could be our relentless summer rain has taken it's toll and forced the land owners to make it off limits, Shame as it made for some pleasent shade in May.

Unfortuantly we won't be able to make it as the MR2 Racing series heads for Snetterton that weekend, though I still have to repiar the car following damage picked up at Silverstone, I have nearly collected all the bits to repair, only seeking a reasonably priced drivers side wing and it can go for paint.

John Redmond
1st August 2009, 01:26 PM
Just an update and a couple of additional names.

1, Bill Hulme Sat & Sun
5, Tom Mundy (Sat & Sun) sorry Tom
6, Margaret Prendergast
7, Jim Ledan

To be confirmed

DOCTOR1987 Sun

Cheers

John

DOCTOR1987
2nd August 2009, 11:43 AM
Hi its martin again me and my mate are still intrested for the sunday of the show.
to show my car.
do i need to go to the The Wiggin Tree to organised the show
thank you from martin.

bill hulme
11th August 2009, 08:17 AM
Hi martin, If you need aticket for tatton please send you name & address to John Redmond.
regards Bill.

Bazzbiggles
11th August 2009, 10:12 PM
Hi John, Are there any tickets left for the Sunday? I've just returned from holiday and will be away next week but back at the weekend for the show.

Thanks,

Barrie.

John Redmond
12th August 2009, 07:27 PM
Yep, I'll pop you one in the post :+:

John

1, Bill Hulme Sat & Sun
5, Tom Mundy (Sat & Sun)
6, Margaret Prendergast
7, Jim Ledan
8/ DOCTOR1987 Sun
9/ Bazbiggles

bill hulme
13th August 2009, 01:43 AM
Yep, I'll pop you one in the post :+:

John

1, Bill Hulme Sat & Sun
5, Tom Mundy (Sat & Sun)
6, Margaret Prendergast
7, Jim Ledan
8/ DOCTOR1987 Sun
9/ Bazbiggles
10/Karen Lakes (sat)

mk1 dal
13th August 2009, 03:45 AM
hi john & bill the log book as come :D (monday) and car now taxed, so i am now allready for the tatton show , looking forward to meeting you all again and lets hope the weather's like it was in may.

gary :+: :+:

tommundy
14th August 2009, 11:48 AM
Hi,

Unfortunately I'm going to have to back out of this as I'm moving house and have loads of other stuff on too. :(

If you've already sent the camping ticket out to me John, I'll gladly post it on to someone else if they require it.

Have a good one everyone and bring back some awards again! :+:

Cheers
Tom

NDR008
15th August 2009, 01:44 PM
Hi guys and gals. Could someone shed more light about this event. I would like to pop by with my misses on sunday. However my car is not show worthy by far - wheel arches are a mess of filler and undercoat, skirts are off, wing is dangling... been to busy working on suspension, engine, exhaust etc. Want it to handle sweet before caring too much about the looks.

But I'd love to meet you all.

bill hulme
15th August 2009, 04:59 PM
Tatton its about the car in all conditions its not all show and shine ,All mk1's are welcome
in any condition.If you need a ticket get in touch with John Redmond.
Bill.

John Redmond
23rd August 2009, 05:07 PM
Just a few words to express my thanks to all that attended.

I knew it was going to be a quiet showing from the club, but we managed to put on a descent showing with six Mk1's and ( & Ki's GTO) on Saturday, seven Mk1's on the Sunday.
So to Bill, Gary, Jim, Ki, Stuart, Ali, Martin, Barry and Margaret, thanks for your help!

We were on the top of the field ( a very long walk to the 'conveniences' :oops: ) but we had a good amount of 'public' interest.

A footnote on camping, as was posted in an earlier post, there was no camping in the woods, there were signs stating this on the trees. However the new camp in the court yard was apparently well received.

Pictures etc. to follow.

John

AW11 Forever
24th August 2009, 09:27 AM
Brlliant, glad everyone ha a good time.

Ki what are you doing with a GTO

Pictures please Mr Redmond :+:

mistertwokw
24th August 2009, 11:26 AM
I had a couple of thousand pounds spare----thought i might use it to drive 100 miles in the GTO :D

Just fancied a change......incedently its now up for sale....god knows what the next car will be.......keep getting offers off mk2 turbo's as p/x. :?

Great show at tatton thoough, thanks for letting me park the big red monster on the stand.

Ki

DOCTOR1987
24th August 2009, 07:54 PM
hi thanks for a great day out here are some pic from the sundayhttp://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/mr29-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/mr22-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/mr25-1.jpghttp://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/mr26-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/mr27-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/mr28-1.jpg

Neil_turbo
25th August 2009, 02:55 PM
HI Jon / Bill / Ki et all

was a shame we were all so far apart, but hopefully that can be sorted next year and we can return to being neighbours! - will speak to you a little closer to the time Jon :+:

Camping definately wasnt an issue in the new walled area, there are things that can be learned on tent organisation, but don't be put off camping next year, i can't see any reason why our pyromaniac regulars can't keep a small fire going 8-)

Was good to meet you on the saturday Ki, looks like that 20v has now gone off ebay, wasnt you was it ;)

Neil

mistertwokw
25th August 2009, 08:58 PM
I did have a little look for it but i think it had gone by that time...hey ho :)

Had a very nice drive home though....turns out 911's are slower than my GTO 8-)

had a great time camping as well as the actual show, sorry i didn't get over to your stand as much. I will have a dig around for the steering wheel for you. Was it als the strut brace you were after?, if you pm me your e mail address i can send you some pics.

Thanks agin to all for a great weekend...picies look good to, was a good turnout on the Sunday :+:
Ki

Neil_turbo
26th August 2009, 07:36 AM
LOL no worries, apparrently i wasnt that alive on Saturday anyway :o

cheers for that - will send it accross now!

Neil

mk1 dal
26th August 2009, 03:57 PM
hi had a great time this weekend ,the weather held out for sunday only getting a few spots of rain in the afternoon.There was alot of interest from the public in the cars and many questions where answered thought out the weekend ,looking forward to next years tatton .

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/08/Picture225-1.jpg

gary :+: