PDA

View Full Version : Pub Meet for Mk1s - 15th February

Kateg28
7th January 2009, 06:44 PM
Does anyone fancy meeting up on Sunday 15th February? I am thinking of lunch in a pub to get to know one another (and swap stories of how romantic our other halves were the day before :roll: ) and then maybe a run out. I suggest in Hertfordshire because it is central to Herts Essex and Bucks and have a few ideas depending on interest but open to suggestions.

Put your names down if interested (with your location so I can try see which works best).

Kate

Monkeymax
7th January 2009, 08:40 PM
Hmm... sounds great!
Unfortunately I won't be able to as I'm up in Manchester at a Uni Ultimate Frisbee tournament that weekend... Typical really as there's two other things happening that weekend that were interesting too... Why does everything happen at the same time? :lol:

Hopefully next time!

Kaylee
8th January 2009, 10:59 AM
Depending on my rota at work I may or may not be there.....I really hope I can make this one!! What pub were you thinking of?

Blue84
9th January 2009, 10:14 PM
Count me in, I'm completely free then - I'll feel a bit more reassured a week tomorrow when *crosses fingers* my MK1 will be useable again :D

Unless I could gatecrash in my Yaris anyway and bring a photo if it isn't! :lol:

Kateg28
9th January 2009, 10:38 PM
Excellent :+: , I know of two others who ware intending to come and haven't posted. Will be good to meet a few people. Is Mid Herts okay for you, probably and 45 minute drive? :?:

Blue84
11th January 2009, 05:35 PM
Yeah anywhere in Herts is pretty much do-able to be honest.

Just as long as I have a postcode/address to put in our Sat Nav it's fine! :D

Kateg28
31st January 2009, 10:44 AM
Fo those of you who are interested in meeting up, I am going to set the location as:
The Feathers
Cambridge Rd
Wadesmill, Ware, SG12 0TN
01920 460545

It is on the old A10 so there are some nice roads around and fairly central and easy to find.

I haven't been there for ages but if is no good, we shall go somewhere else another time. Apparently booking is recommeneded so let me know if you are going so I know numbers. Will be nice to meet some members of the club before we hit some of the bigger events.

Blue84
31st January 2009, 08:51 PM
I've been there before with my Brother & sis in law - we went for a carvery which was lush!

So who's a definate for this?

I still am :)

Blue84
13th February 2009, 05:05 PM
Right I've got the MK1 specially cleaned today for this weekend!

Who is coming?

Monkeymax
13th February 2009, 05:50 PM
Well, I'm not in Manchester - I'm actually free(ish) this weekend... But have no Mk1 on the road still... :(
So I'm still a no... :( I'll be working on one of the Mk1s instead though, so will be there in spirit! :lol:

Kateg28
13th February 2009, 05:59 PM
Right I've got the MK1 specially cleaned today for this weekend!

I may even clean it tomorrow although got a long run in it tomorrow, will be using it lots over the weekend! :+:

Max: you should come along anyway, then we can congratulate you on the website! :clap:

unowho
13th February 2009, 06:48 PM
Just to say, to all those going, have a good time :clap: :+: , will be thinking of you :wave:

Debs

Blue84
13th February 2009, 07:23 PM
What sort of time are we going for Kate? I'm dropping my mum at my bro's in ware and approx time would be good to make sure they will be there

Blue84
13th February 2009, 07:25 PM
Debs shame you aren't going too :( sorry for posting again I'm on my iPod and still getting used to it!

Kateg28
13th February 2009, 08:41 PM
I was aiming for about 1p.m. Debs, can't you make it? Is Jinx going?

oukie
13th February 2009, 09:12 PM
Hey guy's and Gall's Im gonna try and make it Im not working and all I gotta do is sort out some stuff tomorrow and I might be able to make it I will let you know tomorrow after lunch time ish I shall know for certain :+:

Max, If I can make it you wanna catch a ride in my mk1 we are sort of over the same side ish :lol:

Monkeymax
14th February 2009, 02:26 AM
Right, I was thinking more and more about coming... I may be helping a fellow '2 owner tomorrow though, in which case I need to work Sunday (I need to be at Uni one of hte days of the weekend) so I'm playing it by ear at the moment...
Cheers Chris, but as it seems unlikely I'll know before last-minute I'll probably end up heading down in the daily driver anyway. On top of that, I don't know where I'll be coming from! (Long story)

oukie
14th February 2009, 10:28 AM
Deffo coming see you peeps tomorrow at 13:00 :+:

Kateg28
14th February 2009, 10:42 AM
Excellent. :+: Maybe I should book a table??

Blue84
14th February 2009, 08:47 PM
I'm a bit late but that might not be a bad idea Kate, I think it gets pretty busy there.

My MK1 is not so clean now after a trip to Cambridge and back today, but it's still better than it was :D

Kateg28
14th February 2009, 10:32 PM
They don't take bookings so I will get there a bit earlyand see what I can do.

oukie
15th February 2009, 06:39 PM
Great to meet everyone, Tina Kate and Max, Had a good time can't wait till next meet.

Here are a couple of piccy's that I took

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/02/Picture033-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/02/Picture032-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/02/Picture031-1.jpg

Had a good time see you all soon .

Chris.

Kateg28
15th February 2009, 07:41 PM
Did you have the 'anti bad weather' filters on as the weather looks a lot better in the photos than it actually was! Good to meet you all too.

And having new rubber leads fitted on Wednesday thanks to the Great God of All things MK1, Jinxy. He has some in stock, not magnecor but they work out cheaper for me now anyway. I may arrange another one, maybe in a different location but the Feathers seemed fine (and mighty popular, lucky we got there when we did!)

oukie
15th February 2009, 08:19 PM
Yeah Glad you got the leads sorted out that is a known Knightmare area for dampness and water TBH your really lucky that they aint given you problems yet :+:

I thought the food was nice apart from the roast potateos but Im fussy when it comes to roasty's :lol:

But all in all it was good grub :+: So Im not suprised just how busy :shifty:

Monkeymax
16th February 2009, 12:00 AM
Yup, was a great trip out (and a nice break from Uni work!)! Thanks for the meet guys - I enjoyed it! In the end, my round trip total was just a bit less than Chris'! But it was nice to meet a couple of new members... :+:

And as Chris said, I'm glad you've got the leads sorted out Kate!

(as for the food, well being a student I'm not going to be fussy. All I know is, I could fill my own plate up and that was :+: ... :lol: )

Blue84
17th February 2009, 08:51 PM
Yep thanks for the day guys, very enjoyable indeed ;)

The roasties were a bit on the crispy side though!

I'm proud of my red one though, although the intermittant 'deciding not to deadlock' was a bit annoying. I haven't used her since, so will see if she's doing it on Thursday when I get her out again.

Kateg28
17th February 2009, 09:29 PM
Tina,

You have every right to be proud! But I don't believe you about your central locking, works just fine :+:

I like crispy roast potatoes. :angel:

Kate