PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone....

Mystery Machine
7th January 2009, 04:29 PM
Hi everyone,

Great forum you have here and a resource that will hopefully be helping me to find a Mk1 MR2.

I have owned a few over the years (both Mica Blue T-bars between 1992 and 2000) and I'm thinking of getting back into them again.

I have just sold my beloved BMW Z1 becasue it didn't get the use it deserves and think a step back to the simplicity of the MR2 will be a good move (plus I've missed owning one!)

The Z1 should be going on Monday (BOOO HOOO! :cry: ) and once the cash is in the bank, I'll be looking for something to take the spare slot in my garage.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be seeing you on here from time to time while I try to find one that suits me.

Cheers for now,

Bruce.

fowl
7th January 2009, 04:52 PM
Hi Bruce, welcome to the forum and i'm sure you won't regret getting back into a Mk1 :)

Tony Jinxy Froude
7th January 2009, 11:03 PM
Yep Welcome Bruce, bet you cant wait to get another mk1, always nice to see different mk1's at club events, so hopefully see you out enjoying it with us at shows this year 8-) Jinxy

Mystery Machine
8th January 2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the welcome.... :D

I'm still not 100% that I'll be getting one yet - I need to see how I feel after saying goodbye to the Z1 (a car I thought I'd never ever sell!!) but if I do decide to get another car to ease the pain then it will most likely be an MR2.

Questions questions questions though:

Do I look for a minter to love & cherish??
Do I look for one that needs some TLC and give it the love it deserves??
Do I head down the route of finding a supercharger??
Do I say b@ll@x to it and do a full strip & rebuild combined with 3VZ-FE V6 or 3S-GTE??

Budget? Who knows?? I'm open to ideas....

Monkeymax
9th January 2009, 10:13 AM
Hi Bruce. Welcome!
Really, only you can answer your questions!
It's all down to what your budget is (and whether that's an immediate budget or what you're willing to spend on the car over a long period) and what you want to use the car for...
Personally, I'd go for a minter if I could afford it (particularly given current prices) and stick with standard to get the feel for it again and see how it felt. Then, when you feel ready for an 'upgrade' you can get the works done on it with whatever engine you choose to have (you can probably blag rides in different ones from different members). This has the added advantage that when the conversion is done, you already know the car, and know that it is solid underneath...

-Max

Mystery Machine
12th January 2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks Max - I appreciate the advice.

I guess it's the route I was planning on taking in the back of my mind and it's nice to hear it from someone else.

Now that my current 'weekend toy' is gone, I've got the space and money to think about looking for an MR2 now. I've put a request up in the main chat section and will continue to scour here, AutoTrader, eBay etc... until something suitable comes up (I'm not holding my breath though!)

Thanks again,

Bruce.