PDA

View Full Version : Helloooo :)

Kaylee
6th January 2009, 10:29 AM
Hello everyone :) My name is Kaylee and I am from Hitchin in Herts :) I'm 19 years old, and I have got my heart set on a mk1 for my first car. I have joined the site mainly to get information and ideas of what I want, and also to meet new people (and their cars :P) I hope to be attending some meets this year, although I am quite shy so just look out for the quiet girl in the corner :)
Anyway, thats all for now, chowwww xx

Blue84
6th January 2009, 12:25 PM
Hiya Kaylee

Have to say that Hitchin is alright isnt it, my Sister lives in Bedfordshire so we often go to Hitchin as it's only about 20 mins from her.

I'm quite shy too, so you won't be alone! Us girls will stick together.

You can't go wrong with a MK1, just be careful with them if you havent been driving that long as they can catch you out in the wet and be prone to being a bit slippy as they are rear wheel drive.

Kateg28
6th January 2009, 07:43 PM
Hello Kaylee,

Good to see you made it here, I am arranging something soon, probably near me but not too far for you and there should be quite a few lovely Mk1's of various colours for you to feast your eyes on and gauge what you really want. This is the place for help on a Mk1.

See you soon and keep your eyes peeled for the meet details.

Kate

Monkeymax
11th January 2009, 07:04 PM
Hi Kaylee. I'm in Bedfordshire - not too far from you, though I used to live in Flitwick, so was once even closer...
If you would like, you can pop over some time and I can show you around a Mk1 - what you should look out for on ones you go to view, etc... Having bought a couple myself and looked at various for my sis, I've seen a few!!! :lol:
Otherwise, going to local meets will definitely be helpful - in the same sort of way!
Anyway, if you need help - just give me a buzz (well, PM).

-Max

mr2mk1chick
12th January 2009, 10:33 AM
Hiya

welcome to the MK1 club forum :wave:

Don't be shy to ask as many questions as you like over here. DOn't rush into buying the first one you see in a colour or spec you like, as it sometimes takes ages to find the right one for you.

Are you looking for a car thats good to go, or one that you will be prepared to work on/ get work done?