PDA

View Full Version : Milton Keynes meet BUCKS 24/4/10

oukie
5th January 2009, 10:59 PM
Hi everyone :lol:.

I have been to several meets in BUCKS Milton Keynes, It is mostly IMOC/OC cars there but all Mr2's are welcome it is held the 4th sat of every month and please come and rescue me from being the only Mk1 owner that goes on a regular :D

The venue is abit up in the air at the mo though due to some bad service we had at last venue, So as soon as I know for sure where we are gonna be I will let you know.

We Normally have a chat-laugh then some stay for a pint/barlunch then we normally go for a blast down some good old country roads(even the Tubby's cant escape in the twisty's :lol: ).

Its really good fun everyone is really nice and on at least 2 occasions there has been 14+ Mr2's (although mostly Mk2's)

Edit New Venue

The Broughton Hotel
Broughton Village
Milton Keynes
BUCKS
MK10 9AA

Edit::: :lol: Ok 13+ Mk2's and a Mk1 :oops:

Monkeymax
6th January 2009, 12:22 AM
Chris,
If my Mk1 passes its MOT, I should be there.
I used to go regularly till I took the Mk1 off the road in 2007 and haven't been since.
Back then, the meets were more runs & meets and were organised by Draven. It was the run part that was more interesting to me as back then I used to be the only Mk1 in attendance... Keep your fingers crossed for me!

NINJA
6th January 2009, 12:46 AM
Hi Chris,

I live in Milton Keynes and started going to the events last year... unfortunately same as Max my SC has been off the road since. I promise as soon as its fixed I'll come support the mk1s mate. Should be a matter of days now.

Let us know where the venue is now tho... used to be caldecotte lake.

Pete

Kateg28
6th January 2009, 08:00 AM
[quote="oukie"]please come and rescue me from being the only Mk1 owner that goes on a regular :D
quote]

I have been a couple of times and if you are who I think you are, I believe we have had a chat as well :)

oukie
7th January 2009, 10:23 AM
Hi Chris,

I live in Milton Keynes and started going to the events last year... unfortunately same as Max my SC has been off the road since. I promise as soon as its fixed I'll come support the mk1s mate. Should be a matter of days now.

Let us know where the venue is now tho... used to be caldecotte lake.

Pete

Hi Pete Yeah that is where it used to be but the moved it due to having very poor service in the resturant twice in a row.

oukie
25th February 2009, 10:53 AM
Hi guys I beleive the meet is on for the 28/2/09 at the broughton pub Milton Keynes (this is pretty much right next to the M1

21 Mr2's went to the last meet :+:

New venue address

The Broughton Hotel
Broughton Village
Milton Keynes
BUCKS
MK10 9AA

The 28.2/09 is confirmed 2pm at the above venue

Kateg28
25th February 2009, 12:48 PM
I will be there! I like the run to Milton Keynes.

And my mother and my brother both live there! So I get to see them too.

oukie
26th February 2009, 09:51 AM
Great , be good to see you Kate :+:

oukie
28th February 2009, 11:10 AM
Morning Bumpage :+: :+: :lol:

oukie
21st March 2009, 09:51 PM
Date updated next meet 28/3/09 14:00

Monkeymax
23rd March 2009, 01:03 PM
Well, car failed the MOT last week so won't be taxed before the end of the month now... :(

Kateg28
23rd March 2009, 03:27 PM
I will probably be there!

And this time, I shall spend some time polishing it up so it is looking lovely. :+:

mrsmrt
24th March 2009, 01:13 PM
Hello everyone!!!

I have been a regular goer to this for the past year aslthough always in my 2!! now i will be there in my mk1 this time!!! hiope to see you all there! That includes you kate i have loads to show you about what i have been doing to the car (very expensivo!)

xxxxxxx

Kateg28
24th March 2009, 01:18 PM
Sammi!

Excellent, look forward to it. I have had loads done but none of it visible (new suspension, brake calipers, new stereo, full service, and some other stuff) so we can compare notes.

I may be a bit late, possibly nearer 3 but I will be there at some point.

Kate

oukie
24th March 2009, 03:41 PM
Great see you both there :wave:

toxo
26th March 2009, 09:21 AM
Woo! I know of at least 3 other MK1s that are coming too so at this rate there might be more MK1's than MK2's!!

Oh Chris, you will love the exhaust I've got on my MK2 at the moment... you thought the last one was a bit blowy!

Max, if you want to come along anyway I'm sure either myself or Pete could give you a lift.

Kateg28
26th March 2009, 09:33 AM
Max,

Depending on where you are I might be able to pick you up.

Kate

Tiny
26th March 2009, 09:46 AM
Depending on whether I have finished moving the Stuff around in work on sunday ill be there. :+:

new Mk1s still not ready though :-:

oukie
26th March 2009, 10:55 AM
This is looking like a good old mk1 day out with at least 4 mk1's confirmed with another 2 possibility's :+:

oukie
26th March 2009, 10:57 AM
Woo! I know of at least 3 other MK1s that are coming too so at this rate there might be more MK1's than MK2's!!

Oh Chris, you will love the exhaust I've got on my MK2 at the moment... you thought the last one was a bit blowy!

Max, if you want to come along anyway I'm sure either myself or Pete could give you a lift.

Can't wait John :lol:

unowho
26th March 2009, 12:16 PM
Jinxy and I planning to come along to this as well this time, so see you all there :clap: :clap:

toxo
26th March 2009, 12:28 PM
Jinxy and I planning to come along to this as well this time, so see you all there :clap: :clap:

Hehe, that was one of my 'other 3', be good to see you 2 again it's been a while! I think Si (BSM from two brutal) is coming too in his mk1.5.

oukie
26th March 2009, 03:16 PM
Depending on whether I have finished moving the Stuff around in work on sunday ill be there. :+:

new Mk1s still not ready though :-:

Ben the meet is on saturday mate :wave:

Kateg28
26th March 2009, 03:38 PM
Debs:

Which route are you planning? My folks live in MK and so I go there a lot and have one route I love doing in the MR2. Shall we meet and travel in convoy? (so Jinx can fix my car if it breaks down en route! :D )

Kate

Tiny
26th March 2009, 03:44 PM
DOH im doing a Car on Sat. :crazy:

ill try but im pretty sure i wont be finished. :problem:

But then it is going to be rotary job. We will see

unowho
26th March 2009, 03:53 PM
Debs:

Which route are you planning? My folks live in MK and so I go there a lot and have one route I love doing in the MR2. Shall we meet and travel in convoy? (so Jinx can fix my car if it breaks down en route! :D )

Kate

Hi Kate,

Not sure yet as depends what time Jinx finishes a valuation he is doing in the morning, what time are you planning on leaving tho?

Deb

Kateg28
26th March 2009, 03:56 PM
Probably around 1 ish but happy to fit in with your plans. I would love to drive across with you both so can adjust my plans accordingly.

There may be more Mk1's than Mk2's. Last month there were about 7 Mk2's and 2 Mk1's

unowho
26th March 2009, 04:45 PM
Probably around 1 ish but happy to fit in with your plans. I would love to drive across with you both so can adjust my plans accordingly.

There may be more Mk1's than Mk2's. Last month there were about 7 Mk2's and 2 Mk1's

Ok no worries, he should be finished by then, hopefully :roll:
Will talk to him tonight, as going to treat him to a night away, as seems daft travelling back when we are going to Rockingham Sunday

Monkeymax
26th March 2009, 04:52 PM
Hi guys,
Thanks for the offers of a lift John & Kate. Knowing I wouldn't made it, I made alternative plans for Saturday morning earlier this week... If I'm done before 2, I'll head over in the Corolla. Would be great to see you all again.

Tiny
27th March 2009, 08:42 PM
Weather means that car polishingis probably going to be on hold so ill be there

Monkeymax
28th March 2009, 11:54 AM
I'll be there. In the Corolla, but I'm going. :+:

Tiny
28th March 2009, 08:33 PM
I really enjoyed today Thanks for a great day good to see you all again and to meet some new faces.

:+:

Kateg28
28th March 2009, 11:00 PM
We had more MK1 than MK2s. :clap:

Good to see everyone again and glad my leak of polish was put to good use, shiny shiny bonnet.

See you all again soon!

Tony Jinxy Froude
29th March 2009, 07:53 PM
What a lovely meet :clap: :+: great cars, great friends & great food, will defo do this again :+: :+: this is how meets should be, a group of people from 3 different clubs ( IMOC, MK1 club & MR2oc ) all having a great time, see you all soon peeps, Jinx 'n' Debs

Monkeymax
22nd April 2009, 08:38 AM
Just a bump. The next meet is this Saturday.
Not sure if I'm going or not at the moment - but if I do, I'll finally be in an MR2!

Kateg28
22nd April 2009, 11:12 AM
Can't make it, I will either be without my car as my dad is doing some work on the arches or, assuming he has finished, I will be picking it up. As he lives in the opposite direction, won't have time to pop in. But I will be there at the next one, hopefully.

unowho
22nd April 2009, 02:05 PM
We can't make this one either :-: , we're off to Brands Hatch for MR2 Championship racing :+:

oukie
20th May 2009, 09:38 PM
BUMP this sat folks :+:

Monkeymax
21st May 2009, 01:20 PM
Not here this weekend I'm afraid... :(

oukie
15th June 2009, 09:29 AM
Coming up again soon peeps time and Date updated :+:

Ben
17th June 2009, 04:40 PM
Looks like I'll be moving to Bucks fairly soon - hopefully I'll be able to make some of the regular meets :+:

Kateg28
17th June 2009, 04:42 PM
Where in Bucks?

For a good reason?

Ben
17th June 2009, 04:46 PM
Don't know where yet, but I've just accepted a job in Marlow which I start in just over a month's time :crazy:

Kateg28
17th June 2009, 07:15 PM
So on the Berks/bucks border?

Congrats on the job. You start at end of July? Isn't there something else happening in August for you?? :think:

Ben
17th June 2009, 10:41 PM

Something happening in August? Hmm... I'll have to check my diary on that one... ;)

Lol could you imagine? I'd be shot at sight if I forgot that! :lol:

toxo
18th June 2009, 12:05 AM
This months will be a crap turnout I expect, it's the same weekend as Japshow and the British F1... If I manage to drag myself out of my post-wedding hangover I'll be there.

oukie
20th June 2009, 09:44 AM
F1 is this weekend meet is next weekend

unowho
25th June 2009, 10:54 PM
Unable to attend again :-: At Cadwell for MR2 Racing

Monkeymax
26th June 2009, 10:58 AM
Who knows, I may actually make it?!
I'm welding one of my cars back together this weekend, so may take a break half-way through and pop over... :)

oukie
25th July 2009, 08:11 PM
Another good meet peeps yet again I was the only mk1 er :o

Next month will be the 1st aniversery of this meet and a run out is planned

This will be on the 22/8/09 from 14.30

Come on guys its a great met with some really nice people and lovely cars

There were 10 mr2's today (1 mk1 :( )

unowho
27th July 2009, 09:09 AM
Oops, all the Mk1's where at the Silverstone Classic then we had 10 on our stand Saturday and 12 on Sunday.

We will also not be able to attend the next one :-: We are at Snetterton for MR2 Racing

Monkeymax
30th July 2009, 12:07 PM
Sorry Chris - I was at the Silverstone Classics weekend with the Mk1...

oukie
19th August 2009, 04:25 PM
BUMPage

Come on folks doing a blast round some nice twistys this weekend :wave:

toxo
19th August 2009, 04:38 PM
I'm there ;)

Tiny
19th August 2009, 06:35 PM
I really want to but i lost my job yesturday and my cambelt snapped today :(

Ben
19th August 2009, 06:47 PM
:shock:

shiii.....

Sorry to hear that fella. Hope things sort themselves out soon :(

toxo
19th August 2009, 07:06 PM

Holy crap dude, sorry to hear that :( When is life gonna go right for you?!

unowho
19th August 2009, 09:57 PM

OMG :o Here if you need us...

Can't make this one sorry, Jinxy Scrutineering at Snetterton

oukie
20th August 2009, 04:16 PM

Holy :shock:

Ben I have a brand new genuine Toyota cam belt (still in packet) thats yours if you want it, you can sort me out when you get a new job mate :+: or free if you wanna polish my baby :D :lol:

P.M me your address mate and I will post it to you, You wont have it in time for meet etc but at least it will get you mobile :+:

Chris

Tiny
20th August 2009, 04:44 PM
Fingers crossed i can get one tomorrow and I have access to the all important puller/locker from Limey chris which my rents will bring up at the weekend then i can get it done and changed over for less than £30 :+:

Will probably miss the meet but depends on whether i can operate a pneumatic drill, break up a 15/10foot concrete slab, clear all the rubble from my back garden and change a cambelt all in one day.

I will try as i need to get my arse into gear and need to see some of you mad lot just to cheer me up :)

Tiny
22nd August 2009, 08:21 PM
Well after kicking myself into gear and getting the belt changed was quite a difficult thing to do if you haven't done it yourself before but all done and then gave the car a bloody good clean and polish wax. Came in to check the time and meeting point then realised it was today not tomorrow. :problem:

Never mind hope it was good and atleast the Mk1 is running again.

Monkeymax
22nd September 2009, 11:22 PM
Anyone know if this is on this month? I assume it'll be this weekend?
(Sorry, I just don't have my OC member details at the moment...)

toxo
23rd September 2009, 08:35 AM
Yep, tis on. Certainly myself and Dan are going anyway...

Kateg28
23rd September 2009, 09:47 AM
I might come along too! :wave:

Danthrax
23rd September 2009, 10:37 AM
Yep, tis on. Certainly myself and Dan are going anyway...

Yep I will be there

oukie
23rd September 2009, 05:46 PM
Bumpage
:wave:
This saturday folks :+:

Monkeymax
23rd September 2009, 06:44 PM
Groovy. Will see if I can get there then! :)

oukie
26th September 2009, 06:00 PM
ARGHHH I completely forgot about this .

I have an excuss though I was doing a bit of work on one of my mk1's and decided the engine needed to come out several hours later im knackered and the engine is out :wtf:

Monkeymax
27th September 2009, 04:39 PM
We were wondering where you and Kate were... Nevermind.
I actually went this time - in an MR2!! :lol:

Only two Mk1s this time unfortunately (Dan & myself). Still, was a good afternoon! Was good to meet Dan in person!

Kateg28
28th September 2009, 07:08 AM
I wasn't very well and spent most of weekend on the sofa under a blanket watching films. :sick: Today is first time I have been on the computer.

My mum was disappointed as she lives in MK and I don't get much chance to see her. I haven't been for ages so need to sort it out really. :problem:
Max, I now believe you have an MR2, now I have seen it.

Danthrax
28th September 2009, 12:42 PM
Was good meeting you max, shame you couldn't make it kate, hopefully see ya next month. Enjoyed it and recognied a few face from back in december. looking forward to the next one :D

Danthrax
20th October 2009, 10:51 AM
*Bump*

So who's out this Saturday then? I will be

Monkeymax
20th October 2009, 02:47 PM
I can't do it this weekend unfortunately... Already fully booked... :(

toxo
20th October 2009, 02:56 PM
I can't do it this weekend unfortunately... Already fully booked... :(

+1.

Dan where's your sig gone? :think:

Danthrax
23rd October 2009, 09:55 AM
Dan where's your sig gone? :think:

I changed it but ain't put it on here yet.

So am I gonna be the only mk1 this month then :(

unowho
23rd October 2009, 11:54 AM
Sorry we are unable to attend again, we are at Brands Hatch for MR2 Racing.......

Debs and Jinxy

oukie
29th November 2009, 10:19 AM
Well the meet went ahead yesterday and was all good till on the way home when I was following a nice mk2 tubby when a prat in 4-4 pulled out right into him in front of me, he never stould a blooming chance, I only just managed to avoid both cars by going on the wrong side of the road :evil:

We were all ok and my car is undamaged but the mk2 tubby will probably be written off as its trashed right down the whole side of the car.

Be carefull out there folks some right prats on the road at the moment, we were on our way home not even speeding as its was spitting,dark and we were in a line of traffic,

God knows what the 4-4 driver was looking at but it werent the road :evil:

Chris.

oukie
29th November 2009, 10:22 AM
Just a quick reminder for next month

Get out the house on Boxing day and come to this meet on Boxing day last year we had 22 cars on Boxing day meet

Chris.

toxo
29th November 2009, 07:09 PM
WTF, was that one of our lot? I went the back way out from the pub through the estate so I didn't catch my bumper and I saw you go past the Cranfield junction, so I bombed it down the A421 to try and catch up... didn't manage it but didn't see any accident either.

Not good news :(

oukie
1st December 2009, 11:38 AM
WTF, was that one of our lot? I went the back way out from the pub through the estate so I didn't catch my bumper and I saw you go past the Cranfield junction, so I bombed it down the A421 to try and catch up... didn't manage it but didn't see any accident either.

Not good news :(

Yeah it was one of our lot the accident was near Bicester on the A421, I had only just caught up with him though as he had left a couple of mins before me, Oh and John I'M suprised you never caught me up in MIlton keynes, you being in a mk2 Tubby and all :mrgreen:

Chris.

toxo
1st December 2009, 11:40 AM
Ah if it was near Bicester that would explain it as I wouldn't have gone that far!

I could see your lights I think by the time I got to Buckingham. Too many morons in MK = no overtaking! Everyone's out doing xmas shopping!

Bring on Boxing Day... hopefully I'm not meant to be going to see my Uncle!

oukie
15th December 2009, 06:40 PM
Event bumpage come on folks get outta the house and come to one of the best mr2 meets around last year we had 22 cars onboxing day :o

Put your name on the list,
1, oukie
2, toxo

unowho
15th December 2009, 11:52 PM
1, oukie
2, toxo
3, Debs (altho probably on me own and in my Grand Vitara :-: )

Kateg28
16th December 2009, 11:32 AM
I am in MK on Christmas Day but off to see my dad in Maidenhead on Boxing day so one day out!!! :-:

Also would be in the Mondeo, my son has a new guitar coming from Santa which I am delivering and it just won't fit :think: . The mondeo estate has it's uses. :clap:

Btw off to see my dad and his new shiny red car.

oukie
26th December 2009, 12:04 PM
BUMPage

its today folks see you there

Monkeymax
22nd February 2010, 11:38 AM
Next one is 27th Feb - i.e. next week - if I remember right?
I may actually be at this one!! :)
(I was gonna SORN the car then remembered this, so I'll wait a week)

Kateg28
22nd February 2010, 11:56 AM
Another one I have to miss.......

Maybe I shall get to the March one. :think:

toxo
22nd February 2010, 11:59 AM

Yep indeed! I'm going down to Elite in the morning so hopefully will be back in time. Should have shiny new tyres, shiny new CV joints and all 4 wheels pointing in the same direction... fingers crossed!

Then a week today it's into the bodyshop to get the roof and front bumper fixed...

Monkeymax
22nd February 2010, 04:48 PM
Then a week today it's into the bodyshop to get the roof and front bumper fixed...

Speaking of which, that's reminded me I wanted to talk to you about recommendations on that... :think:

old petrolhead
22nd February 2010, 04:53 PM
I may actually be at this one!! :)
(I was gonna SORN the car then remembered this, so I'll wait a week)

Hi Max. I will be attending. Please would you let me know the meeting place time & Post Code. Cheers. Richard :+: :D

jaspa1978
22nd February 2010, 05:22 PM
I'm gonna come up for the day if the weather is nice :+:

Stuart

toxo
22nd February 2010, 05:33 PM
The weather is always nice in Milton Keynes :lol: If you ignore the 2" of snow this morning anyway!

Max, I've found a place in Towcester who seem to know what they're talking about... check out some of their photos: http://www.towcestercoachworks.com/inde ... d-About-Us (http://www.towcestercoachworks.com/index.php?p=1_9_Gallery-and-About-Us)

Monkeymax
22nd February 2010, 06:16 PM
Aye, the snow was great this morning. :+: And been a sunny day since! (Well, now it's dark, but still)

I'll wait and see the results on your car first anyway, but regardless, won't be doing any bodywork to the car at least until the Summer when I have more £s hopefully.

old petrolhead
23rd February 2010, 04:49 PM
Is it still at the Broughton Hotel at 2PM please? :D

toxo
23rd February 2010, 06:42 PM
Yeah, The Broughton listed on the first page, 2-2:30 start.

unowho
23rd February 2010, 10:33 PM
I may pop along, weather dependent :!:

toxo
8th April 2010, 08:57 AM
Bump... Next meet is April 24th!

old petrolhead
8th April 2010, 11:50 AM
Drat. I am at Castle Combe that day. Next one hopefully.

oukie
22nd April 2010, 11:48 AM
I'll be there

Chris.