PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!

krista-mr2
5th January 2009, 05:56 PM
Hey! Just thought i would do my intro post over here. My names krista. Im 24 and female :-). I have owned mk1's since i learnt to drive a few years ago! Ive had a lot of bad luck with them! hasnt put me off yet though.. curently on my 6th (or 7th) havnt crashed any yet :lol: my current mk1 is just having its engine replaced! but i will show it off anyway!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2009/01/bestmr2small-1.jpg

and i made a website for the restoration work which will happen slowly over this coming year.

http://mr2mk1.synthasite.com/

MR2Terry
24th January 2009, 10:08 AM
Heya :wave:
Nice to see someone rescuing a Sherwood Toning :+:
Hope all goes well!

mr2mk1chick
26th January 2009, 10:49 AM
Hiya Krista

Dittto: good to see a sherwood being restored :+:
Keep us updated :+:

Jo

krista-mr2
26th January 2009, 01:01 PM
Well since posting the car has needed:

engine
radiator
thermostat
water pump
clutch

so now we have the mechanical part sorted out! just the bodywork! i purchased it being told it was mechanically fine. (far from it)

thankyou to crazylegs (kev) for all his help and work hes done on it for me! top man!

crazylegs
26th January 2009, 03:04 PM
my pleasure :)

mr2mk1chick
27th January 2009, 09:36 AM
Well since posting the car has needed:

engine
radiator
thermostat
water pump
clutch

so now we have the mechanical part sorted out! just the bodywork! i purchased it being told it was mechanically fine. (far from it)

thankyou to crazylegs (kev) for all his help and work hes done on it for me! top man!

:o crikey! that's some list
glad the machanical side of things has been sorted now :+:

pistol pete
27th January 2009, 08:09 PM
i looooove sherwood toning :clap: :clap:

crazylegs
28th January 2009, 10:13 PM
yep it was a bit of a disaster. the car sold as "mechanically sound" had a blown head gasket. replaced the engine with a very nice low mileage unit (thanks Tiny) only to find it was running great but with no water circulation, swapped out the thermostat but still no joy. it turned out there was NO water flowing through the radiator.pressure build up caused the water pump to leak , so a nice newish rad and pump sorted that. the final straw, which Tiny didnt know about when he offered the engine,was the clutch was at its limit. it started slipping, so out came the box and in went a new clutch. still its sorted now. really if cash was not an object it should have had a clutch ,just in case, but we were trying to keep costs down as much as possible. luckily i managed to pick up a clutch for a bargain price for Krista. just the body to go then !!!

Tiny
29th January 2009, 03:11 PM
we will keep you in semi knackered Mr2s for the rest of time Kev :+:

Honestly did not know about the Clutch sorry :oops:

when i heard it when you brought it back to have the clutch done its sounded Fantastic really quiet and running sweet :+: