PDA

View Full Version : Local area groups

Tony Jinxy Froude
4th January 2009, 11:05 PM
Hi guys/Girls,
just reading through many of the posts on here & seen that many of you live in & around the same area's, but not met each other, this is an ideal time for some of you to maybe set up a local area group & maybe persuade others to join you & get the most out of the club, enjoy your cars & set up runs & stands at local car shows etc, this is what the club is about !, this couldnt be easier now that you have a forum to work with. Those of us who help organise a local area group or in fact anyone from the mk1 committee will give any help we can & our very own National events co-ordinator Debs is very easy to work with & can be contacted via the commitee list if you have any ideas. cheers, Jinxy

Kateg28
5th January 2009, 09:57 AM
Tony,

Was thinking the same thing as there seems to be a few in our area. I also know of someone in Hitchin who wants a Mk1 so I could drag them along to see them all.

Do we have a local co-ordinator?

Tony Jinxy Froude
5th January 2009, 10:48 AM
Hi Kate, No we dont have a local area in Herts that im aware of, we come under the S.E banner really & its a very active group with loads of runs/shows & just general get togethers, maybe we can entice you along to one or two of the shows this year ? :mrgreen: , Jinx

Kateg28
5th January 2009, 11:13 AM
Definitely be at some of the shows this year, am considering the Derby launch party. Wonder if worth just organising a drive out to a pub for the Herts/Beds/Essex plus Hangers on in February time so we can meet. Shall I contact Debs or is it probably not worth it?

Tony Jinxy Froude
5th January 2009, 11:54 AM
Yep contact Debs, im sure she'll help where she can kate, see you soon, Jinx

Blue84
6th January 2009, 12:27 PM
Definitely be at some of the shows this year, am considering the Derby launch party. Wonder if worth just organising a drive out to a pub for the Herts/Beds/Essex plus Hangers on in February time so we can meet. Shall I contact Debs or is it probably not worth it?

I'm in for that, no doubt - just as long as one of the MK1's is usable at the time :D

Tony Jinxy Froude
6th January 2009, 10:48 PM
Great !! the more the merrier i say !!, Jinx

Boyzdad
7th January 2009, 11:25 AM
Hmmmm, I have just posted a similar topic in the "Club Area Meets" section (west mids) have I posted in the wrong area?

Is that area just reserved for the organisers? Mind you, I sort of want to organise 1 ;)

Regards

MATT! :)

: 1.6L : 1987: Mk1a : Mr2 : Black :
http://www.mcjdesign.com/MR2_PICS/boyzdadsig.jpg

Tony Jinxy Froude
7th January 2009, 12:03 PM
Hi Matt, nope apparently you can post in that area, so all is ok, i was led to believe it was for the area organisers only, but this seems not to be the case now, so postaway & good luck with your run, Jinxy

Boyzdad
7th January 2009, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the update Tony ;)

"But which is better? (In a Harry Hill voice) ;) ...... "Club Area Meets" or "Member Introductions and Profiles"..... There's only one way to find out....... FIGHT!!" :D :lol: