PDA

View Full Version : Essex Girl here!

Blue84
4th January 2009, 10:41 PM
Hi Everyone

I'm Tina, I'm 24 and you guessed it - I am an Essex Girl but not the stereotype in any way shape or form.

I was bought my red MK1 by my other half in May 2007. He found her on ebay and paid for it, all I pay for is the Insurance and petrol. I'm her 11th owner since 1987. He kept driving mine when he could and has liked them for years, but got addicted to the power and got himself one in October. So we have mine - a red, sunroof 1.6L 1987 model and his - a helios Blue T-Bar 1989 1.6L model. Sadly neither of them are working at the moment, mine will be hopefully in use again on 17/18th of Jan when a piece of brake hose is fitted that is being sent from Japan to the local dealer.

Apart from that, I work in Household Insurance claims and up until May last year I previously did Motor Insurance claims for 4 years.

Hopefully me or both of us will make it to more meets this year :)

Tina

Kateg28
4th January 2009, 11:08 PM
Hello Tina, nice to see you relatively locally to me. Whereabouts in Essex?

Good to see you both driving MR2's, especially MK1s. I admit that I really like the Helios colour, was my second choice if I couldn't get a dark Mica blue one.

Hope to meet you both at a meet sometime, there seems to a few Mk1s in Herts/Essex. Maybe we should think about arranging something, after 18th Jan! :)

oukie
5th January 2009, 11:08 PM
Hi Tina

You might see me around as my GF grew up in Essex but If i call her an Essex girl Im well for it :lol: , But seriously , her family still live in Harlow so we are often over that way and If I get the chance im in my Mk1 :mrgreen:

Blue84
6th January 2009, 12:22 PM
Hiya,

I'm near Lakeside Shopping Centre - it's just a couple of miles away. Kate, are you in Ware itself? I like it down there, plus the A10 is always a good road after the traffic lights going upto Brookfield Centre. My Bro lives at the top of a massive hill. I love the Mica Blue colour, it looks really good.

A meet sounds good to me, just aslong as our two MK1's play ball and stay working when we've got them sorted.

Oukie, yeah you have to be careful when it comes to calling us Essex Girls, it's our pride....or something :lol: How have you managed to get so many MK1's, whats the secret? ;)

mr2mk1chick
6th January 2009, 05:15 PM
Hiya

great to have some more mk1 girls on board 8-)

Tina - a brake part from japan?! get stuff made at a local factors! crikey

Kateg28
6th January 2009, 07:39 PM
Tina,

Actually I don't live in Ware, I live in a field just outside of Ware, seriously, cannot see another house, 3/4 mile from nearest tarmac. Gives the suspension a good workout! And I seem to be washing it all the time.

I am going to organise a meet very soon, probably near Ware (organisers perks and it is fairly central as I think I have some interest from all over Herts, a couple in Essex and maybe from Bucks. I will post some details soonish

Be good for us to all meet up!

Kate

Blue84
8th January 2009, 12:32 PM
Hiya

great to have some more mk1 girls on board 8-)

Tina - a brake part from japan?! get stuff made at a local factors! crikey

Good news is that it has arrived now, I just need to pick it up - it's less than a tenner I think - my other half is the technical one, not me and he ordered it along with some headlamp screws and odd little bits.

Hopefully he'll be able to fit it a week Saturday and I'll have my girl back! It's like a craving to feed an addiction!

He's also got a used starter motor coming shortly off ebay so that might get the blue one going.

Kateg28
8th January 2009, 01:19 PM
Published the meet in the events area. Hopefully you can make it (and anyone else interested)